PDA

View Full Version : Good to see the GOW trailer during Colts vs Patriots game.

Monkeyher0
11-06-2006, 12:36 AM
I have been following the many post sightings of the Mad World trailer and had yet to see it on tv or at the theater ( I've seen dozens of times on my 360 and the net). Many people (including my all of my friends) have seen the trailer on MTV, espn, on various games today and at the theater during the twenty, before Saw III, Borat, and the Departed.

I figured if MS really want to push this game they would show the trailer during the game of the week, Colts vs Patriots. NBC has been advertising this game like crazy. Two of the leauges best Quarterbacks and records 7-0 and 6-1 trully make for a largely viewed game. One would think this would be prime market for GOW. Even my wife knew about this game and watched the first half until she fell asleep.

At halftime I still had not see the GOW trailer and even got into an argument with a friend of mine as to whether the trailer would be shown. His argument was that MS would not spend the money because it would not be cost effective. I begged to differ because if you are going to advertise big, then tonights game would be the perfect time because the videogame comes out in a few days.

With 6:01 left in the game, the Patriots kick a FG to make the score 20-27and they cut to a break. Sure enough, MS pulls through and shows the 15 second spot right after a HD TV Best Buy commercial. It was great timing.

I will admit, I wish they had shown the 60 second spot but hey, at least they showed it.

Good job MS I hope the GOW marketing continues to reaches the masses!

Crazy Danix
11-06-2006, 12:38 AM
It was awesome but not nearly as awesome as seeing the trailer the night before in the movie theater. Marcus does look good on the big screen...

Mark Rein
11-06-2006, 02:08 PM
I saw it! It was the 30 second version of the spot. Unfortunately they didn't do it in HD. I don't know if NBC is accepting HD commercials or not but I noticed that FOX is definitely running HD commercials now and I would have liked to see it full screen on HDTV sets. But it was amazing to see our little baby being advertised on Sunday Night Football - prime time nationwide! Well it was actually well after prime-time but the Patriots had a chance to come back and tie the game so I'm sure lots of people were still watching.

IMTHEONEKILLINU
11-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Did they show the whole thing, or do like the others where they cut off the beginning?

Spark FX
11-06-2006, 02:17 PM
I saw it! It was the 30 second version of the spot. Unfortunately they didn't do it in HD. I don't know if NBC is accepting HD commercials or not but I noticed that FOX is definitely running HD commercials now and I would have liked to see it full screen on HDTV sets. But it was amazing to see our little baby being advertised on Sunday Night Football - prime time nationwide! Well it was actually well after prime-time but the Patriots had a chance to come back and tie the game so I'm sure lots of people were still watching.

FX and ESPN isn't doing it in HD. FOX? The news channel? or local channel?

Mark Rein
11-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Fox network. I noticed HD commercials during the Simpsons.

Mark Rein
11-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Did they show the whole thing, or do like the others where they cut off the beginning?It was the 30 second version. The version you've likely seen is the 60 second version. That is being shown in cinemas and on some TV shows.