PDA

View Full Version : Has Live! Lip Sync been confirmed/denied?

Kayos
10-03-2006, 10:39 AM
From the FAQ

Lip Syncing of scripted and player LIVE! speech
Not confirmed! Lack of confirmation from the devs makes me think this might not actually happen :/
That's right! As you speak in multiplayer (co-op or pvp) your other buddies - and enemies - will hear AND SEE YOU LIPS (er ok CHIN) moving in time with your speech. Volume will affect how much the mouth opens. Awesome.

Anything official yet?

As a side note, can you give voice commands to your squad by any chance?

Xv Arcane vX
10-03-2006, 10:43 AM
It is odd this aspect of the game wasn't mentioned at all during X06.

My feeling is that the function wasn't enabled for X06 but will probably still make it into the final build of the game. Maybe not though....

VaporXX91
10-03-2006, 10:45 AM
I think it's still going to be in the game. It's a feature they have been talking about for quite a while. Maybe they didn't have it ready for X06. It's known that Epic had many different builds of the game for X06 anyway.

WarDogg
10-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Wow! This is the first I've heard of this. If true, it will be incredible to see your co-op buddy's lips move in real time to whatever he/she says.

Kayos
10-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Dev response would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

joeGraf
10-03-2006, 02:55 PM
We cannot confirm/deny features until the game has shipped. We can only comment on publically known features. Sorry. You'll just have to wait a bit longer.

Jechtshot78
10-03-2006, 03:01 PM
We cannot confirm/deny features until the game has shipped. We can only comment on publically known features. Sorry. You'll just have to wait a bit longer.

Oh SnapZ!

:p

Skiddywinks
10-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Bugger.

I want to know! NOW!
Oh well :(

Madfish
10-03-2006, 03:23 PM

Now.... interesting. To me this says it WILL be in the final build - otherwise it would just be denied. Whats the harm in denying it?

Skiddywinks
10-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Now.... interesting. To me this says it WILL be in the final build - otherwise it would just be denied. Whats the harm in denying it?

It might put people off buying it? I know, it's only something small. But some people are like that. Besides, they might still be seeing if it is worth putting in, making sure it works etc.

You'd be a bit pissed if they said it was in and then moments before going gold it had to be cut due to some horrible face melting bug.

Mugen
10-03-2006, 04:07 PM
its a small thing really, would be a very nice touch though.

kdubya05
10-03-2006, 04:08 PM
i just thought of something that made me have a fit of laughter. ok, imagine the lip synch happens, and that you are playing on a team with a female. the male char's mouth opens and a girly voice comes out. anywho, i thought of that and it made me laugh.

Kayos
10-03-2006, 04:18 PM

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Vancouva
10-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Lol, this feature would be great for making your own movies (kinda like red vs blue).

FullMetalCog
10-03-2006, 04:26 PM
I agree with The Fish.

Marauder
10-03-2006, 04:26 PM
It was fun to play around with in RB6, when it first came out with the voice synch and recongition system. My brother would sing Michael Jackson songs that would just crack me up watching the lip synch.

i just thought of something that made me have a fit of laughter. ok, imagine the lip synch happens, and that you are playing on a team with a female. the male char's mouth opens and a girly voice comes out. anywho, i thought of that and it made me laugh.

pyro786
10-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Marc Rein just denied this feature on the 360 chatroom.

KhaoZ/Se7n
10-03-2006, 06:53 PM
LOL, he said the funniest **** ever about it too:

[04:51pm] [MarkRein[Epic]] Raidea--> Yeah I can see some 12 year old talking as a Locust Guard - not going to happen.

Creepsville
10-03-2006, 07:22 PM
LOL, he said the funniest **** ever about it too:

[04:51pm] [MarkRein[Epic]] Raidea--> Yeah I can see some 12 year old talking as a Locust Guard - not going to happen.

But what about voice masking? They could release a Locust Horde voice mask. It might help gain even more interest in the game.

I never expected them to do anything like this though so either way I am fine with it. I do think it would be cool to have a voice mask when planning the Locust Horde however, even if its not lip synced.

Madfish
10-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I was the biggest fan of this "vaporware" - Mark has confirmed in no uncertain terms lip syncing isn't in (from players voices through live perspective).