PDA

View Full Version : Chaingun mutator...

ne_skaju
09-20-2006, 09:27 AM
I have idea, what if add mutator that replace Redimeer with... Chaingun from Unreal 1? Actually, its like minigun from UT2004 but looks more cool and fire 6 bullets at once. Ammo same as enforcer. So there wouldnt ammo pickups for this weapon. Chaingun should be better than that minigun from UT2004 - just because its still super weapon ;) And this means, that weapon stay always disabled for this gun. Though it should be very inaccurate and useful only in close-to-mid combat.

Would be cool to see both stinger, pulse gun and chaingun in one game :cool:

p.p.s. of course, it should look like in Unreal 1 :)

StalwartUK
09-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Bad idea and anyway the "chaingun" is actually called the Minigun.

blackout
09-20-2006, 12:03 PM
you should play unreal1 then.

iLL
09-20-2006, 07:50 PM
So long as it's a mutator only i would not mind.I do not like the grounding effect and the firing sound for the 2k4 mini.Glad to see it going.

NeoPhoenixIIM
09-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Would be cool, but it should have it's own ammo, so you can't replenish it as easily. Esp if it will be as powerful as it sounds.

Sir Hollehund
09-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Well, I'm for as I don't see any disadvantage to this idea as those who prefer the redeemer still have it available... A Chaingun mutator would be cool enough.

ShredPrince
09-21-2006, 06:31 PM
IMO mod material.

Not something to be included in the game.

Hamburger
09-21-2006, 06:44 PM
IMO mod material.

Not something to be included in the game.Lmao, yea make a whole mod just to use the chain-gun, how foolish is that? :D

fuegerstef
09-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Lmao, yea make a whole mod just to use the chain-gun, how foolish is that? :D

A mod is simply a modification: So when someone gives the Ophelia model an AMerican flag on the clothes it is a modification. :p

Where are the times where people actually were able to differ between a TC (Total Conversion) and a simple modification. ;)

ne_skaju
09-21-2006, 11:41 PM
UT99 include mutator that replaces Ippact hammer with Chainsaw

Boksha
09-22-2006, 07:19 AM
Lmao, yea make a whole mod just to use the chain-gun, how foolish is that? :D UT games have this type of mod called a "Mutator". They generally consist of only a few lines of code and make only a small change to the game, and the best thing is; they can be combined on the fly because they leave most of the game intact.

(if you already knew this, you may consider the above post a snide remark. If you honestly didn't know, you do now :p)

Hamburger
09-22-2006, 09:19 AM
UT games have this type of mod called a "Mutator". They generally consist of only a few lines of code and make only a small change to the game, and the best thing is; they can be combined on the fly because they leave most of the game intact.

(if you already knew this, you may consider the above post a snide remark. If you honestly didn't know, you do now :p)I know the game has mutators in it but Shred said this should be a Mod. To me thatís 2 very different things, is Insta called a mod? No its not. Making a new or remaking an old weapon and adding it to the mutator list is called a Mutator funnily enough. In my opinion in order for it to be a mod it has to have way more then just a new weapon in it. Thatís why I found it funny and thatís why I think its foolish to even think of it as a mod.

Xyx
09-22-2006, 11:18 AM
"Mod" = short for "modification", which may or may not take the shape of a mutator, map, total conversion or standalone game.

Hamburger
09-22-2006, 11:25 AM
"Mod" = short for "modification", which may or may not take the shape of a mutator, map, total conversion or standalone game.I know that but if taking out say the minigun and adding the chain gun is a mod to you then that’s your opinion. Every mod I have downloaded has way more then that, every Mutator I have downloaded has some thing added or some thing enhanced.

So if a Mod is a Motator why is there 2 categories? What’s the difference between the 2?

Xyx
09-22-2006, 12:35 PM
"Mutator" is a subsort of "mod". All mutators are mods, but not all mods are mutators.

Whether a mod alters much or little does not change this. Some mutators are huge, some total conversions are tiny.

Hamburger
09-22-2006, 01:57 PM
"Mutator" is a subsort of "mod". All mutators are mods, but not all mods are mutators.

Whether a mod alters much or little does not change this. Some mutators are huge, some total conversions are tiny.Strange but fair enough. My apologies goes to ShredPrince for my comment. :)

It is I who needs to be shot. ;)

Boksha
09-22-2006, 02:22 PM
"Mutator" is a subsort of "mod". All mutators are mods, but not all mods are mutators. Actually this is not entirely true. I don't think mutators that came with the game qualify as mods, because they're part of the game.
But yes, a mod in UT games can be anything from some tiny addition like a beacon above your head while chatting, to something huge like a total conversion.

A_Spec
09-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Strange but fair enough. My apologies goes to ShredPrince for my comment. :)

It is I who needs to be shot. ;)

omg, ladies and gentlemen! This just in, Hell has frozen over! There might be hope for the internet just yet!