PDA

View Full Version : Another Dedicated Host

RoK TrauMatiC X
09-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Hey everybody, its been a while since ive been here, Uc2 rules, and i want to pay the community back.

I will now set up a dedicated host for TDM's and CTF's.

Its been made clear to me that i can hold 8 people and run smooth, so thats what i'll be doing.

to Snoogans 460: you should continue to hold deathmatches and survivals, your server is great for 5-6 people. this way, people have a choice between a team game and an idividual one. and with 2 dedis running full time, people will be able to find better servers to play in and enjoy the game.

If anyone has suggestions about maps, kill limit, time limit, etc, please post about it. oh, and the name of the server will most of the time be RoK BroKeN.

thanx-

snoogans460
09-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Sweet man - good to hear you're hopping on the dedicated bandwagon bro. Hopefully more people will see our community's need for this sorta' thing. Setting up an 8-person server sounds fantastic, and I'll definitely stick more to standard Deathmatch and Survival like you mentioned. My server is definitely better with 6 players, so it'll be sweet to play with more during team games.

fenix1729
09-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Snoogans should set up a survival dedicated. (apex only:D)

DM are all over the place, survival are rarely.

ShredPrince
09-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Woah thats wierd, used to always be only SV everywhere.

RoK TrauMatiC X
09-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Woah thats wierd, used to always be only SV everywhere.

yeah, a lot of people have lost patience for waiting in line, so you see that dms and tdms are more populated. its seems to be moving in the direction of more action then patient killing.

i love playing survival if its 4 people or less. if its more, then forget about it, because you will lag out with alot of people, and alot of people means more time, and lagouts in uc2 are based aroung how long you are in a server.

ShredPrince
09-12-2006, 05:01 PM
agreed.

A big reason I left is cause everyone was all anit-DM, so I felt I had little place.

ez_jamin
09-12-2006, 06:06 PM
agreed.

A big reason I left is cause everyone was all anit-DM, so I felt I had little place.

DM is the oldest gametype. its wearing thin just like beat em ups... the fps genre realy needs to move on from DM.

snoogans460
09-12-2006, 08:11 PM
DM is the oldest gametype. its wearing thin just like beat em ups... the fps genre realy needs to move on from DM.

Granted that's true, but where would you suggest it moves to? Deathmatch will always be extremely popular no matter what because its a perfect pick-up-and-play scenario.

Team games are fine and all, but its extremely difficult to get good TDM and CTF servers going - especially since few people are actually playing this game and those that do have no idea how to balance teams properly... so its basically clans vs. noobs half the time.

I never really enjoyed survival myself beacause I don't like the dynamic of this gametype. One on one isn't my cup of tea unless I'm going one on one in a deathmatch. I have ten times more confidence in anything but survival because the down-time keeps me from finding any kind of rhythm. I enjoy being attacked at all angles and feeling the pressure of five other combatants out for my blood.

RoK TrauMatiC X
09-12-2006, 10:16 PM
death match is my usual choice if your alone. its the best type when your by yourself because you dont have to wait in line, and you dont have to deal with teammates who die easy, and have a burden.

I like the team game with three of my other friends, or brothers. but when im alone, good ol' deathmatch is my first choice.

ez_jamin
09-13-2006, 08:07 AM
i was talking about all fps shooters. not just uc2. onslaught is a good example of moving on, and so is conquest on bf2.

ShredPrince
09-13-2006, 01:22 PM
IF your into that sort of thing.Kinda like Unreal Warfare in UT07.

I don't like ONS, abd crap like that.It's cool, but not my choice most of the time.

I just like that areana deathmatch feel.

a2k4
09-13-2006, 01:24 PM
Checkout my Deathmatch with all halloween maps...

ut2004://a2k4.tzo.com:7777

ShredPrince
09-13-2006, 01:45 PM
ewwwww

Haloween maps only: ick

snoogans460
09-13-2006, 10:38 PM
I just like that areana deathmatch feel.

My feelings exactly. I love every different gametype and variety is always welcomed, but Deathmatch is just so pure, fun, and competitive. Not to mention, dying isn't a big deal like in Survival since you're free to respawn, get back into the action, and seek revenge immediately. I've said it before, I do understand Survival's appeal to many, but it's just way too boring for my tastes.

hypnotic
09-14-2006, 07:26 AM
survival is the step forward :)