PDA

View Full Version : Only 17 maps coming with ut2007???

aleXtrm
08-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Ok so i used the www.dictionary.com/translator to translate UT2k7.de's UT2007 preview and i got

Finds detailed descriptions and pressing partly even into illustrated form into our office diary in our Articles Section.

Vehicles:
Hoverboard:
-Each player posesses a personal hoverboard
-Players can couple themselves to team vehicles by means of a "catch jet" and let drag
-This functioned with landgestuetzen in addition, lufgestuetzten vehicles!! Thus everyone can be able to be dragged fast by air to any point the map and again uncouple there.
-During driving and dragging no weapons can be used
-While driving Stunts are as for instance from Skatboard plays admit possible

Darkwalker:
-laid out for 2 Player
-is "folded up" because of the soil rises only after mount
-Weapons: Laser beams + on-board cannon
-View was adjustable (1st and 3rd person opinion)

Leviathan:
-A giant cannon + 4 arms
-Arms are extendable and possess except the cannon a shield thus are a Rundumschutz with attack possible during one the superweapon load (time-consuming!)
-very good animation and many mobile parts - however very slow

Raptor:
-front wings fold during landing and/or slow flight downward (in UT2004 upward!!!)
-rear wings are longer than in UT2004 and function than a kind vertical stabilizer as with airplanes. They are likewise hinged (laterally)
-Armament similarly UT2004 Raptor

Cicada:
-2 treibwerke (of the Manta), hinged - hovering flight horizontal/Vorwaertz perpendicularly.
-left + on the right of rocket containers
-Self-searching rockets those the enemy find automatic.
-Rockets can be fired in each direction.
-It can happen that the rockets come again past at one and keep themselves hidden behind you in the Gegener and/or that is not visible hits.
-Maximally 6 rockets can be fired at the same time
-Decoy release mechanism - serves for the deception and defense of the hostile rockets

Generally:
-It will not give approximately 3 and/or maximally 4 luftgestuetze vehicles - to any more! -No sea-based vehicles
-momentarily there are around 4 to 5 playable maps - 17 becomes it altogether approximately (Onslaught etc..)
-Does not run for the moment yet on Consumer PC's (demonstration on P4 with 2 large ATI cards)
-HUD as available in the Trailer
-Optimization will defintiv only take place toward end
-Demo will appear about a short time before the gold status or only thereafter not in former times!!! [disturbing :S]
-Demo version will contain around 4-5 playable maps
-It will give NO public beta
-Spider (this single-seat "motorcycle") was not to be seen
-Impressing sound effects + Taunts (very violent)
-Explosions of vehicles still badly (shot vehicles burst into only 4 or 5 large parts - > must be improved)
-New hit effect to see (reddish pulling of the screen together as in the Trailer)
-Still no detail-faithful shade - > Blubs???

The only thing that got me worried was the 17 maps statement. What is up with it??? Hopefully it is the translator or something like that.....

Catzenjaeger
08-27-2006, 10:36 AM
nono you missunderstanding my article - around 17 onslaught maps!!! I think jeff said it

Cicada:
-2 engines (of the Manta), hinged - hovering flight horizontal/forward perpendicularly.
-left + on the right of rocket containers
-Self-searching rockets those the enemy find automatic.
-Rockets can be fired in each direction.
-It can happen that the rockets come again past at one and keep themselves hidden behind you in the enemie and/or that is not visible hits.
-Maximally 6 rockets can be fired at the same time
-Decoy release mechanism - serves for the deception and defense of the hostile rockets

Hoverboard:
-Each player posesses a personal hoverboard
-Players can couple themselves to team vehicles by means of a "catch jet" and let drag
-This functioned with land vehicles and air vehicles!! Thus everyone can be able to be dragged fast by air to any point the map and again uncouple there.
-During driving and dragging no weapons can be used
-While driving Stunts are as for instance from Skatboard plays admit possible

Generally:
-It will not give approximately 3 and/or maximally 4 air vehicles - to any more! -No sea-based vehicles
-momentarily there are around 4 to 5 playable maps - 17 becomes it altogether approximately (Onslaught etc..) <-- onslaught only! not summry LOL
-Does not run for the moment yet on Consumer PC's (demonstration on P4 with 2 large ATI cards) <-- dont forget it is not optimized atm its was a demonstration!!!!!
-HUD as available in the Trailer
-Optimization will defintiv only take place toward end
-Demo will appear about a short time before the gold status or only thereafter not in former times!!! [disturbing :S]
-Demo version will contain around 4-5 playable maps
-It will give NO public beta
-Spider (this single-seat "motorcycle") was not to be seen <-- It was not demonstrated, but I had seen it. In the new Trailer it is to be seen in the background several times.
-Impressing sound effects + Taunts (very violent)
-Explosions of some vehicles still badly (shot vehicles burst into only 4 or 5 large parts - > must be improved) <-- some vehicles not all the darkwalker lexplosion looks really amazing wow epic :)
-New hit effect to see (reddish pulling of the screen together as in the Trailer)
-Still no detail-faithful shade - > Blubs??? <--- some not all i think it was not the highest resolution well its was only a demonstration and dont forget ut2007 is work in progress not a finish product i think epic will do your best and we become a perfect and amazing game. atm its looks wonderfull - i have seen also the 5 minute trialer on the midway public lounge and this was the best trailer i have ever seen - around 5 minutes and wowwwwww what a battle. The sound was absolute phantastic - really great work and wish epic will publish this GC trailer for the mass

The5thviruz
08-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Aren't there only around 17 maps still played in UT2004? :confused:

Monster w/21 Faces
08-27-2006, 10:42 AM
Better to have a select few highly refined maps that every plays rather than several dozen ****ty maps that no one plays.

Selerox
08-27-2006, 10:43 AM
17 ONS maps? That doesn't seem like it's going to leave a lot of room for DM/CTF (which should be a priority, because they need the most help to recover from the UT200x collapse).

Still better than 17 maps in total. I'd reconsider buying UT2007 on the spot if that were the case.

Catzenjaeger
08-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Forget that. It can be which I it not correctly understood. Is that important? Whether is nevertheless all the same to 17 or 27 maps. I think over it no. I look forward to it.

iron12
08-27-2006, 11:16 AM
17 ONS maps seem plenty.

Geist
08-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Spider (this single-seat "motorcycle") was not to be seen

So, is the Spider a new vehicle in development? or was that supposed to say "Viper"?

Catzenjaeger
08-27-2006, 11:33 AM
So, is the Spider a new vehicle in development? or was that supposed to say "Viper"?

nono i think he meaning the viper (this from the concept arts) i have seen this only in backgrund (on show and in the demonstration)

InTheJungle
08-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Sounds good to me. A little bothered by the 'no demo' until it goes gold or after it hits shelves. Disappointed to say the least, but that makes for even more of a surprise upon installation. :D

I'm buying this game the DAY it hits shelves.

Selerox
08-27-2006, 11:49 AM
Sounds good to me. A little bothered by the 'no demo' until it goes gold or after it hits shelves. Disappointed to say the least, but that makes for even more of a surprise upon installation. :D

No demo a month (at least) prior to release is a very, very bad idea. Remember what happened the last time there was a UT game with no demo/beta delay? We got the nightmare that was UT2003...

InTheJungle
08-27-2006, 12:04 PM
True. However I'm hoping that their game-testing team is slightly better than the team who tested 2003. This is a big deal, 2007. It's not just another installment in the series. You're right though, a demo means feedback. Feedback means corrections. :s

GuntiNDDS
08-27-2006, 12:11 PM

where do you get that from ?

it sais no public beta, and a demo shortly before or after the game went gold.

Selerox
08-27-2006, 12:45 PM
True. However I'm hoping that their game-testing team is slightly better than the team who tested 2003.

It's not just 2003. Before UT2004, I remember Mark Rein (that man again...) saying that Epic didn't think that anyone could shoot down a Raptor with a shock rifle. Even my mother could take down a Raptor with a shock rifle.

Sometimes I do get the impression that Epic really don't understand what high-end players will be able do with their game. Epic have already had offers by a number of pro-level UT players (lauke, evenflow) to offer to help test UT2007 and were turned down.

The lack of testing worries me.

InTheJungle
08-27-2006, 01:11 PM
where do you get that from ?

it sais no public beta, and a demo shortly before or after the game went gold.

"-Demo will appear about a short time before the gold status or only thereafter not in former times!!!"

Games are released soon after going gold. It's not the same thing, but an exact timeframe can;t be given by anyone can it?

@Selerox

Indeed, which is why I'm hoping their testing crew is better than what they had before.

iron12
08-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Isn’t the Demo pretty much to check the net code in real life situations?

p2xelgen
08-27-2006, 01:22 PM
17 ONS maps, I think not. We will be lucky if there's 12 ONS. Epic have all ready said that there ant going to be as many maps as UT04, I'm just hoping there's a good few DM maps...

Sero
08-27-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm not entirely sure how much of a difference there is (will be) between ONS and Warfare, and if they will use different maps, but since the focus so far has been on these two gametypes, I assumed "onslaught, etc" simply meant ONS and Warfare.

17 maps for two gametypes.. if CTF and DM together get a similar amount I assume it'll be more along the general expectations.

InTheJungle
08-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Isn’t the Demo pretty much to check the net code in real life situations?

They could do that in an office with a bunch of consumer PCs with generic setups and some people. I'm sure demos do indeed contribute to the technical evaluations, but demos are to mostly create hype and generate more interest. Some people play the demo, love it, buy it.

As far as the map thing goes, I find it kind of hard to believe there are 17 maps of just onslaught. This is because they still have all the other game modes to worry about, and we have to remember the quality of the levels in UT2007 are much higher than past installations. Due to Epic's new method of giving all the levels a 'real purpose', the levels are going to naturally take much longer to make, as opposed to just throwing some hills, old buildings and bases together. This isn't a bad thing, mind you, because a few insanely cool levels are better than a bunch of crap ones imo. If there ARE 17 onslaught maps, then we don't really need to worry about the map situation, since the other game modes are likely to have a comparable amount.

And in the end, there's always the community who are dedicated to giving maps. Either way, I don't think there will be too much *****ing about the maps in 2007.

Kronos
08-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Yea it cant be 17 maps total because i remember steve polge saying in the interview that they had already built 50 maps.

DistortionSleep
08-27-2006, 02:17 PM
So it is talking about the demo and it says, "It will give NO public beta," does that mean with the demo you can't play online? Or am I misinterpreting this?

GuntiNDDS
08-27-2006, 02:19 PM
you are misinterpreting it.

InTheJungle
08-27-2006, 02:48 PM
I wish we got the same amount of info as the Germans do. :(

NicAgent
08-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Aren't there only around 17 maps still played in UT2004? :confused:

Despite UT2004's fading popularity, there's still more than that being played.

InTheJungle
08-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Despite UT2004's fading popularity, there's still more than that being played.

Fading? There seems to be more people online than ever, with the dawn of 2007 and all. Also, with people talking about 2007, others want to give its predecessors a try - UT2004 being the best one for newcomers.

p2xelgen
08-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Yea it cant be 17 maps total because i remember steve polge saying in the interview that they had already built 50 maps.

:eek: 50 total would be smashing :D :D :D

GuntiNDDS
08-27-2006, 03:28 PM
which interview was that ?

Catzenjaeger
08-27-2006, 04:45 PM
So it is talking about the demo and it says, "It will give NO public beta," does that mean with the demo you can't play online? Or am I misinterpreting this?

right, it will not give a public Beta. Jeff said, Epic had enough coworkers to test the game internally in detail.

SEPHIROTH
08-27-2006, 04:59 PM
lol how long do u think it will be till some one cracks open unrealed and makes maps i bet 1st day :)

GuntiNDDS
08-27-2006, 05:01 PM
SubtractedCube-2K7[Alpha]

Jake-SF
08-27-2006, 05:23 PM
My fear are for the maps quality, not the ammount availaible. UT2004 got one of the (insert any insult here) map ever created and only a few of them can be fun and even fewer are used. They need to be good, thats all, and then no need for an insane ammount of maps...

GuntiNDDS
08-27-2006, 05:25 PM
yah. i'd rather have only 17 _total_ maps in game that are very quality and have actual gameflow than having 100 maps of what shipped with 2k4 - or even worse 2k3 :(

The5thviruz
08-27-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm sure Epic has learned their lesson from UT2k3/4 and will take a mapping lesson from DE!

heh.......

GuntiNDDS
08-27-2006, 06:31 PM
actually i recall just 2 de-maps that i really appricated which were Ironic and Grendelkeep.

Scylla
08-27-2006, 08:04 PM
One of the best DM maps was Rankin.

That was made by some random guy they payed just to make a few maps...

Madridista
08-27-2006, 08:06 PM
i prefer 17 well-made maps then 60 ****ty ones with 2-3 good maps for each mod.

aleXtrm
08-28-2006, 05:28 AM
I aggree that it is the quality not the quantaty that matters but think about this: these 17 maps have to be devided into 4-5 gametypes (DM (and TDM), CTF, ONS, Warfare and maybe vehicular CTF). That is... 3-4 maps per game type. I mean I know UT2K7 is predicted to be great, addictive and such, but wouldn't you get bored fast? Some people might only like one game type, which would mean they will be stuck with 3-4 maps. And i know the community will make their own maps, but that takes time too.... So i don't know...

iron12
08-28-2006, 05:51 AM
Well maybe with all the detail in the maps now it just takes a whole lot more time and effort. I really don’t know if that’s the case. But looking at the new maps seem like it would take a lot longer then a UT2004 map. Maybe we will get some more maps in an expansion pack or something which would be fine with me.

»madMar†y»
08-28-2006, 06:16 AM
The new Unrealed will probably be a lot more userfriendly so I don't think it will cost more time to make an UT2007 map. For example: when making a map I spend a lot of time finding the right meshes and the right textures, cause those things where not organized in clear folders. In the new unrealed these things will be organized so probably save lots of time http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html/technology/ue30.shtml

aleXtrm
08-28-2006, 09:02 AM
So uhh... i guess that info was just plain wrong?? Or wut... Can someone just give a clear yes or no?

GuntiNDDS
08-28-2006, 09:19 AM
yes. it was misinterpretation of catzenjaegers sentence.

aleXtrm
08-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Thankyou, I wish you are right.

Steve Polge
08-28-2006, 10:09 AM
We currently have well over 40 maps in development. Some of those may be cut, but you should expect UT 2007 to ship with a comparable number of maps to past UT releases (UT2004, which had two games worth of maps excepted).

We are definitely planning to release a demo long enough before we go gold to be able to incorporate feedback from the demo into our final release.

Sero
08-28-2006, 10:21 AM
We currently have well over 40 maps in development. Some of those may be cut, but you should expect UT 2007 to ship with a comparable number of maps to past UT releases (UT2004, which had two games worth of maps excepted).

We are definitely planning to release a demo long enough before we go gold to be able to incorporate feedback from the demo into our final release.

Nice, I think this was exactly what a lot of us were hoping to hear. :)

os][ris
08-28-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm sure Epic has learned their lesson from UT2k3/4 and will take a mapping lesson from DE!

are you serious... de maps suck....

drak0n
08-28-2006, 10:48 AM

Well thanks for the info, Steve. Definitely good news I think :)

InTheJungle
08-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks for responding Steve. Appreciated. :)

Selerox
08-28-2006, 11:56 AM

Thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou! :)

Wowbagger
08-28-2006, 11:59 AM

Good news indeed :)
And thanks Steve for taking time to correct this before we stressed ourselves to death over this :D

toniglandyl
08-28-2006, 12:05 PM
thanks steve !
now we need more articles saying bad things so you can correct them by giving more (correct) info :D

p2xelgen
08-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Steve Polge
Ya thanks, I can sleep better at night now :D. Are all maps in house or do you have sum out sourcing with a number of peoples/companies... :p

r1esG0
08-28-2006, 12:28 PM
i seriously think its gona be over 30 or 32 maps
always, this has been the traditional amount of maps, on unreal series and others

i dont know why some of you want to know why maps are done by epic o DE, obviously if a map its not liked, its not for the company who makes it, its for the map itself.

I donth think they say: Hey! we re epic! we do bad maps! we want the game to have bad maps, were going to make the maps

(the same goes for adquiring the map from other companies)
At last, lots of time is spended on visuals, and players only aprecciate the fun of the map, that can only be proven by playing the maps lots of times....

c´mon if doing well maps were that easy, ALL maps would be good

AND please... can anybody tell who maps are those called "bad"?

wowbagger
dont get offended, but i think that a complete list of "bad" maps would help epic to see which maps ppl doesnt like

I have my own list of maps that i dont like, but instead of *****ng i just dont play them, so i wont post them

edited:
wowbagger, where is you reply!?
ppl is going to say im crazy

»madMar†y»
08-28-2006, 12:38 PM
wowbagger
moderators are going to think i replied twiceYep and now your going to get some WL's :p

Edit: hmm youre also editting

p2xelgen
08-28-2006, 12:40 PM
I ask cos I no there's a few guys/Ladys out there that dont work for Epic but could make a sick map or two.

Rogelio Olguin/Hourences
to name a few...

happycat
08-28-2006, 12:47 PM
Ok.... so if there are going to be roughly 17 ONS/UW maps, will this include the map segments that will be streamed together? Because if so, wouldn't that make it like 4-5 whole maps?

Wowbagger
08-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Im sorry r1esG0, thought i deleted it fast enough for noone to see it. (forgot it was the UT2007 forums ;))
I decided that i didnt want start this week with negative thoughts :)

Flak
08-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Don't worry r1esG0, I watch for stuff like that ;)

Catzenjaeger
08-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Good news indeed :)
And thanks Steve for taking time to correct this before we stressed ourselves to death over this :D

yea this was my word around 40 maps - where is is missinterpretinmg from me? i have say i mean i have heard around 17 onsluahgt maps - wahts wrong?

EntropicLqd
08-28-2006, 01:47 PM
....We are definitely planning to release a demo long enough before we go gold to be able to incorporate feedback from the demo into our final release.
Excellent. Best news I've had all year. :)

_Lynx
08-28-2006, 03:29 PM
Now I wonder what's the maps' average dev stage is? Geometry tuning or decoration?

Trailboss3
08-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks Steve :D :D

Mr. Junior member with 3 post ;)

Rehevkor
08-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Finally, word of a proper demo release. Most developers don't release demos until well after the game goes retail, or not at all. Given that many of those same games are trash, it's easy to see why the publisher might choose to do that.

Great to see that Epic is confident enough in their work to give us a chance to try before we buy. Thanks guys!

Darth
08-28-2006, 10:46 PM

awesome, considering "long enough" can we expect it before thanksgiving? :D

r1esG0
08-29-2006, 03:51 AM
awesome, considering "long enough" can we expect it before thanksgiving? :D

darth, you only ask for release dates again and again and again,
are you an spy from a web/game´s magazine tryn to get an exclusive?

aleXtrm
08-29-2006, 09:40 AM
Wouldn't the other web/game´s magazine get that exclusive since this is public?

wartex
08-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Dude, what are you smoking? DE maps are exactly what UT2k4 needs more of! They are good quality maps without over-cluttering the hallways with junk! :mad:

Yesh agreed. the DE map packs were pretty g00d, especially compared to the new maps in 2k4. although I think the original 2k3 maps from Epic were better than the DE maps.

dinwitty
08-29-2006, 07:55 PM
lol how long do u think it will be till some one cracks open unrealed and makes maps i bet 1st day :)

me, I have a UT2k4 map almost done, but I decided to hold it off, maybe
for UT2k7. I'll see how it works in.

dinwitty
08-29-2006, 07:58 PM

if those maps that "might" be cut you think they be finished or tweaked for a bonus pak? I seen good maps never see the light of gaming...

Boksha
08-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Yesh agreed. the DE map packs were pretty g00d, especially compared to the new maps in 2k4. although I think the original 2k3 maps from Epic were better than the DE maps. No.
No no no no no. :p

IMO Grendelkeep wasn't a really good map, but Ironic was probably the best 1on1 map in UT2003. IMO only Rankin in UT2004 is better. Osiris is still played in TDM. I feel it's a bit too open and hitscan oriented though, just like Grendelkeep.

On the other hand, practically none of the original UT2k3 maps are still played.
There were just too many pointless maps that may as well not have been included. TokaraForest, TrainingDay, Plunge, Leviathan, Insidious, Inferno, Gael and Curse3 (which was left out of UT2004) were all fairly pointless. Compressed, Antalus and Asbestos were really the only proper DM maps that game came with.

nighty
08-29-2006, 08:23 PM
I'll just be happy if they decide to completely seperate the DEMO servers from the RETAIL servers. Please? :o

Gearbox
08-29-2006, 10:15 PM
On the other hand, practically none of the original UT2k3 maps are still played.
There were just too many pointless maps that may as well not have been included. TokaraForest, TrainingDay, Plunge, Leviathan, Insidious, Inferno, Gael and Curse3 (which was left out of UT2004) were all fairly pointless.
Whatever :rolleyes:

I've had fun on all those maps at one time or another, especially Curse <3

Luv_Studd
08-30-2006, 05:11 AM
No.
No no no no no. :p

IMO Grendelkeep wasn't a really good map, but Ironic was probably the best 1on1 map in UT2003. IMO only Rankin in UT2004 is better. Osiris is still played in TDM. I feel it's a bit too open and hitscan oriented though, just like Grendelkeep.

There were just too many pointless maps that may as well not have been included. TokaraForest, TrainingDay, Plunge, Leviathan, Insidious, Inferno, Gael and Curse3 (which was left out of UT2004) were all fairly pointless. Compressed, Antalus and Asbestos were really the only proper DM maps that game came with.

Believe it or not, maps are used for more than just gaming. Regardless if it's a Rankin or Ironic map, there's those of us who use nearly all stock maps as a learning tool for creating custom maps. It may be a certain layout style or element in a map such as Inferno or Plunge that enables someone to create a new map with even better gameplay. So they are not really pointless in that sense. Even if a 'crappy' UT2k7 map does not get played much on servers, it does contribute to the series in some way... :)

aleXtrm
08-30-2006, 06:54 AM
Let's just hope there would not be any crappy ut2007 maps...

Boksha
08-30-2006, 07:25 AM
Believe it or not, maps are used for more than just gaming. Regardless if it's a Rankin or Ironic map, there's those of us who use nearly all stock maps as a learning tool for creating custom maps. It may be a certain layout style or element in a map such as Inferno or Plunge that enables someone to create a new map with even better gameplay. So they are not really pointless in that sense. Even if a 'crappy' UT2k7 map does not get played much on servers, it does contribute to the series in some way... :) You could learn from a good map as well. Probably a lot more even.
And let's face it, maps most certainly aren't included only to serve as an example for other mappers, and a game that relies entirely on 3rd parties to beef it up just isn't as good as a game that works right out of the box. :p
Heck, a lot of 3rd party maps don't even get played. Even after the barrage of custom maps, there's still only a handful of maps that gets any playtime.

Whatever :rolleyes:

I've had fun on all those maps at one time or another, especially Curse <3 I had fun on them for 4 games or so. A map like Rankin however can be enjoyed over and over again because it is a GOOD map.
UT had a lot of maps that just worked, and the fact that UT was a lot easier to map for doesn't go all the way to explain that.

aleXtrm
08-30-2006, 08:33 AM
Yeah rankin rocked, I just hope that there will be a newer improved version of it in ut2007. I also expect for deck 18 or something like that to come out in ut2007, i loved deck 16 in ut and deck 17 in ut2004.

jaQal
08-30-2006, 09:53 AM
[ris']are you serious... de maps suck....

And so does your taste ;)

okay dm-Osiris can be discussed, but dm-ironic is the best 1v1 map ever. And Grendel rocks.

placebo
08-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Let's just hope there would not be any crappy ut2007 maps...
I'm guessing there'll be one or two that are an acquired taste and have some sort of gimmick that some people will love and some will hate.

placebo
08-30-2006, 10:17 AM
I don't really get why people don't like Osiris, I thought that more maps should have been like that, I liked the flow around the courtyard, how after a shock battle in a hallway you could come up and drop a few flak bombs on people fighting in the courtyard.

ShredPrince
08-30-2006, 02:10 PM
I don't really get why people don't like Osiris, I thought that more maps should have been like that, I liked the flow around the courtyard, how after a shock battle in a hallway you could come up and drop a few flak bombs on people fighting in the courtyard.

I agree: my favorite map ever dude.

I hear there are like 40 maps:

They currently have well over 40 maps in development. Some of those may be cut, but you should expect UT 2007 to ship with a comparable number of maps to past UT releases (UT2004, which had two games worth of maps excepted).

They are definitely planning to release a demo long enough before we go gold to be able to incorporate feedback from the demo into the final release.

UTDDRmaster117
08-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Chill out, guys. That's what the maps and mods forum is for. ;)

m00neye
08-30-2006, 02:54 PM
This was very good news, thanks Steve!
I really hope for new fresh ctf-maps to play on since we are utterly tired of the ones in UT2004 and 2003.

aleXtrm
08-31-2006, 04:47 AM
I hope there will be a new Face Classic or something in ut2007. Just like Deck maps I loved face classic in ut and ut2004.

aleXtrm
08-31-2006, 06:35 AM
By the way which maps from UT2004 (or other UTs) are you hoping will return to UT2007?

os][ris
08-31-2006, 12:07 PM
And so does your taste ;)

okay dm-Osiris can be discussed, but dm-ironic is the best 1v1 map ever. And Grendel rocks.

ironic is a good 1v1 map because all the other stock 1v1 maps aren't that great.. There is only a handfull of good 1v1 maps in 2k4. Grendelkeep is fun for pugging but in a tdm match it is way to easy to lock down that map.. DM-osiris... no thank u..

The maps they made for ut were great. I had so much fun playing them. But i have no emotional attatchment to any map in 2k4/3.

Zoso Fan
08-31-2006, 01:29 PM

Im getting it day one as well for PC and 360 (if it ever comes out for it). I just hope UT 2007 takes full advantage of direct x 10 cards when it releases (So i dont have to wait for a patch) I already have a physx card so that should be interesting as well.

Boksha
08-31-2006, 02:04 PM
I'm hoping for a new grendelkeep. If you're talking CTF, I agree completely. If you're talking DM-DE-Grendelkeep... I'd rather see that map gone forever. :p
It's too open and too simple IMO.

aleXtrm
08-31-2006, 09:08 PM
I also remebered the map plunge. Sure its not the best, but I think its really innovative

placebo
08-31-2006, 09:12 PM
Well, it was really just Morpheus Neon Special Edition.

aleXtrm
09-01-2006, 04:57 AM
I meant the Morpheus too. It's just that when i first played it blew my mind away. Although later I didn't feel that effect.

fuegerstef
09-01-2006, 05:16 AM
I meant the Morpheus too. It's just that when i first played it blew my mind away. Although later I didn't feel that effect.

THis is what I am always trying to say:
THere are things that might be cool once or twice. But in the long run they just do not offer gameplay value.

aleXtrm
09-01-2006, 10:50 PM
I wonder if there would be morpeus-plunge map type in ut2007....

Nitrous
02-01-2007, 02:53 PM
I wonder if there would be morpeus-plunge map type in ut2007....
i hope so too cuz that maps where really nice........:rolleyes:

Boksha
02-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Nitrous, maybe you should look at how old a thread is before you reply in it. The most recent reply before yours (the one you quoted) was 4 months ago. It's fairly pointless to bring a thread like this back to life.