PDA

View Full Version : How would YOU use the Hoverboard.

Hanji
08-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Errr, like the title says, any creative ways any of you would do to it? I would use it to break a fall when I fall from high places, heh. Why I post this question? For erm, data collecting, so I can have and edge of how people think(LIED).

iron12
08-26-2006, 04:10 PM
I probably will use my hoverboard along with the tow rope thingy to latch onto the vehicle of the goofball that is leaving the base with no other passengers. And if he doesnít get lost going to the first node, when we get there Iím going to use my hoverboard to smack him in the face.:D

Scylla
08-26-2006, 05:12 PM
That's if friendly fire is on...

*shudders at the thought of a noob in any vehicle while friendly fire is on, particually leviathan*

Meledictum
08-26-2006, 05:25 PM
What a question. Ofcoz i will use the Hoverboard to move faster from one battle to another in ONS. :D ...if the UT2007 will run on my PC (i know, i'm repeating myself, but i can't stop thinking about "did the game will run on my PC?".).

zeitgeber
08-26-2006, 05:47 PM
for the first hour or so i will try to see if i can knock my teammates of their board by running into them or shooting them or using my own board to get in their way, followed by trying to see if i can take the board off ramps while attached to vehicles to get a nice boost and got to places the mappers never intended, followed by spawn camping the tripod and see if i can squash other players ( i believe u can crouch down while in the tripod), or stomp them with those pointy feet.

=XM=
08-26-2006, 05:52 PM
I will use it to boost off a cliff, switch to a weapon mid-air, shoot some stuff and switch back before landing. But knowing Epic, I am sure they will introduce some retarded requirement like you have to be on the ground to start/stop using the hoverboard. I would like to be more like a weapon switch than a vehicle switch, but to be fair that would make it overpowered. ^^

And ofc it will be useful for hitching a ride attached to a vehicle if we get any retarded maps like Severance that force you to split 5 manta/1 raptor or 4 manta/2 raptor again at start.

MysTikal
08-26-2006, 06:15 PM
I will use it to boost off a cliff *snip*

That is so what im going to use it for.

* Boosts of a cliff, presses use, switches to sniper rifle, zooms in on someone below, headshots them, gets back in the hoverboard, and lands on their body.

...I want a demo...

aleXtrm
08-27-2006, 04:52 AM
Didn't they say somewhere that if some one gets a hellbender or something before you do, you can get on the hoverboard, attach yourself to that hellbender using that laser device thing, and then somehow pull yourself to the hellbender and get in control the turret or something...

DrDoomed
08-27-2006, 05:13 AM
try grinds and stuff like that.. probably also see what vehicles i can actually hover on top of.

Da Spadger
08-27-2006, 07:42 AM
I would build a rocket engine out of it and break the physical ingame laws.

AntiMatter
08-27-2006, 07:47 AM
Stick grenades on the back of it and detonate them when I jump off a cliff :D

Meledictum
08-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Stick grenades on the back of it and detonate them when I jump off a cliff :D

Yeah, just imagine, what you could do with that Hoverboard. BTW: who said that there will be any cliffs in the game? :P:P:P

Scylla
08-27-2006, 09:06 AM
I'd use it to pull of some wicked sick busta moves!

Necro
08-27-2006, 09:38 AM
I will use it to boost off a cliff, switch to a weapon mid-air, shoot some stuff and switch back before landing. But knowing Epic, I am sure they will introduce some retarded requirement like you have to be on the ground to start/stop using the hoverboard. I would like to be more like a weapon switch than a vehicle switch, but to be fair that would make it overpowered. ^^
Thats an interesting point, never thought about it like that. Allowing a quick change could have some potential downsides, but could also be cool. If it breaks your fall, you could use it when jumping out of a raptor or a tall building so that you dont die. Not sure if that is a good thing or not...

Jrubzjeknf
08-27-2006, 10:06 AM
I'd try how long the chain of hoverboard latching on to eachother can be :D

Wail of Suicide
08-27-2006, 10:27 AM
I will use it to boost off a cliff, switch to a weapon mid-air, shoot some stuff and switch back before landing. But knowing Epic, I am sure they will introduce some retarded requirement like you have to be on the ground to start/stop using the hoverboard. I would like to be more like a weapon switch than a vehicle switch, but to be fair that would make it overpowered. ^^ Thats an interesting point, never thought about it like that. Allowing a quick change could have some potential downsides, but could also be cool. If it breaks your fall, you could use it when jumping out of a raptor or a tall building so that you dont die. Not sure if that is a good thing or not...

Two things: I hope they return weaponswitch times to reasonable levels like in UT99 rather than the absurdly fast 2kX switching speeds. If they do that they most likely won't need to introduce extra limitations on switching to the hoverboard, as it'll be pretty unusual for you to be able to switch, take a potshot, then switch back. Maybe in a low-grav environment, but otherwise you should be a puddle of jello.

Second, let's hope the hoverboard (and other hover vehicles) actually behave somewhat realistically with regards to falling -- That is to say, if you're 500ft in the air and falling and you whip out your hoverboard, you shouldn't immediately settle into a nice comfortable descent. You'd fall pretty much normally until a few feet off the ground when the hovering effect actually has something more than air to repulse off of.

RogueLeader
08-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Hope its implemented in VCTF. Hang on a Raptor, into the base, pick the flag up an just fly away...:D
Or 5 guys drop into the combatzone in ons or wf. Or linked to a Manta you do stunts and tricks like wakeboarding :D

The5thviruz
08-27-2006, 11:22 AM
While we're posting stupid ideas:
You should be able to hold onto the back a vehicle with the hoverboard like in Back to the Future.

Scylla
08-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Also, the hoverboard should stop over water, and the bots should then taunt:

"Hey McFly, don't go over water unless you have powah!!!".

The5thviruz
08-27-2006, 11:29 AM
"Hey McFly, don't go over water unless you have powah!!!".

hahahahaha

InTheJungle
08-27-2006, 11:52 AM
For latch-and-detach attacks. Imagine a manta hopping over the apex of a hill. Sure he's no threat since he's up so high going so fast, he'll blow right by you. Except the two boarders who drop off the back are now coming towards you at a high speed. They bail at the last second, and blow you apart. Yeah biiiiatch.

awaw
09-02-2006, 04:36 PM
It would be cool if you could attach onto enemy players and pull them around :D

FireCrack
09-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Tow a leviathan?

MonsOlympus
09-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Play chicken with a levithan.
Take down a darkwarker jedi style.
Attach my rocketlauncher to the front as a sentry turret.
Get spidermines to chase me into an enemy base and kamakazi the node.
Grapple onto rocks and tree's for tight cornering.
Whack enemys over the head with it in dm.
Do spirals in tunnels skate or die style.
Slip a heap underneath the leviathan so it begins to hover then tow it with a goliath rofl

Scylla
09-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Whack enemys over the head with it in dm.

God, I really hope they don't put the hoverboard into dm.

eduardvictor
09-03-2006, 05:42 AM
i'll use it to get around BIG maps

Doc Shock
09-04-2006, 03:57 AM
Grapple onto rocks and tree's for tight cornering.Seriously, I really hope something like that will be possible. It would take away some interesting movement capabilities if it could attach to vehicles only. Combine the "attach-anywhere-function" with a feature to control the length of the beam with the mousewheel (didn't they say it would be possible to reel in the beam, so you can tow yourself close enough to the attached vehicle to be able to get in?) and then imagine what places could be reached. I can already imagine city-maps where the hoverboarders attach to the skyscrapers and start swinging across the map Spidey-style. :D

ehtt
10-12-2007, 11:03 PM
hi

sorry to bother you folks..i have the demo it plays well on my older system..um how do i find or use the hover board..i was playing vctf its cool but i cant find or figure out how to use the hover board..its no key bind in settings for it or in weapons etc.

im not sure if we carry it or have to find and pick it up??..sorry a stupid question..but i google and look all over then find this title thread..i can find lots of talk on the hover board..but not 1 word any place how to find and use it..

oh ya.. i will buy this game the demo seems sweet..

thanks for your help..

ehtt
10-15-2007, 06:59 AM
i figured it out thanks..you press the Q key to use the hover board