PDA

View Full Version : UT2007 Trailer

Darth
08-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Howcome nobody posted about this?
or maybe I am just paranoid and on a wrong forum?

If you have an account at GS get the HD version from
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/unrealtournament2007/index.html?q=unreal%202007

if not, i uploaded the hd version here
http://www.priyajeet.com/web/cache/ut2007_hd.zip

SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE OF EPIC FORUMS.
Someone from Steam Forums had to come and show you the trailer :P
/hides in a corner putting flame suit on :D

Catzenjaeger
08-22-2006, 10:51 PM
only 3 letter: omg :)

13XBMSPEC
08-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Downloading! :D :eek:

Eveningfall
08-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Downloading! :D :eek:
Ditto...:)

BeyonDeath
08-22-2006, 11:16 PM
OH DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE NO WORDS EXCEPT THANKYOU FOR THIS WONDERFUL GIFT ... :P ... heh seriously... WOW

Flak
08-22-2006, 11:27 PM
For once, I'm speechless.

Magwa
08-22-2006, 11:28 PM
I am worried i had trouble seeing the players ,seperating them from the backround//please i pray i am wrong...and the vehicles are the same color as the rocks ,ground,backround, please is it that hard to color a vehicle and seperate moving things from rocks and stationary objects??....

Darth
08-22-2006, 11:28 PM

You have got to be kidding that you didnt know about the trailer...been playing WoW or something ? :p

Apathy
08-22-2006, 11:33 PM
I am worried i had trouble seeing the players ,seperating them from the backround//please i pray i am wrong...
I had no problem seeing anything... Then again, I really have no problem seeing anything in UT2004.

Magwa
08-22-2006, 11:37 PM
I had no problem seeing anything... Then again, I really have no problem seeing anything in UT2004.

i hear that statement over and over again then i play the person and they have UTcomp and brightskins and they force Gorge LOL so please ...if i could take a screenshot i would .:eek: ;)

Apathy
08-22-2006, 11:50 PM
...and I hear "I am worried i had trouble seeing the players ,seperating them from the backround" coming directly from you all the time. Because saying it in the other 450 threads that had anything to do with UT2007 just wasn't enough.
I hate UTcomp, and think forcing skins is retarded, therefore I don't. That just my opinion though.

zeitgeber
08-22-2006, 11:54 PM
kick a$$ vid but definite visibility issues. although the "dark" feeling in the map is nice, the models to me look hard to spot or maybe i have been spoilt by ut comp bright skins over the years :p

*edit* i change my mind i think bright skins they have right now are ok.

Spaz
08-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Howcome nobody posted about this?
Seemed to be covered in the 2 New!!!!! S C R E E N S!!!!!11 Ut2007 (http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=551210) thread

Crotale
08-23-2006, 12:10 AM
I'm gonna have to borrow a phrase from the current game when I say, "HOLY SH*T!!"

That's an awesome trailer!

theeDEATHMASTER
08-23-2006, 12:18 AM
Its a bit choppy but its alright.

Magwa
08-23-2006, 12:30 AM
...and I hear "I am worried i had trouble seeing the players ,seperating them from the backround" coming directly from you all the time. Because saying it in the other 450 threads that had anything to do with UT2007 just wasn't enough.
I hate UTcomp, and think forcing skins is retarded, therefore I don't. That just my opinion though.

LOL well OK your eyes are better than mine no doubt but i am not blind,and what about the other upteen thousands who complained about player size and color i mean i am not the only one..and i am not judging the game on a trailer just stating i am a bit worried with what i see ,i mean could they not show teamskins in a trailer??that would kind of put it to rest huh??look at the two screen shots the 3 players are the same color and texture as the whole backround...i mean whocan see those guys in a firefight unless they are on top of you ...just stating what i see now i will go back to being quiet..:)

JohnDoe641
08-23-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm going to try and not judge the game based on a few clips in a trailer. Usually that's a bad idea and video's never really show how a player who wants to do all the moves will play. It looks cool but I wish that they'd of shown some dm and shock combo's. I want to see the asmd's new effects. :(

Lopar-XL
08-23-2006, 01:05 AM
I've got the trailer on YouTube as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtz4coCN19Q

Man, I'm glad they got some more Dark Walker action in there (http://www.nationnarrownet.com/files/WotW2005_Tripod_Call.mp3).

theeDEATHMASTER
08-23-2006, 02:21 AM
LOL well OK your eyes are better than mine no doubt but i am not blind,and what about the other upteen thousands who complained about player size and color i mean i am not the only one..and i am not judging the game on a trailer just stating i am a bit worried with what i see ,i mean could they not show teamskins in a trailer??that would kind of put it to rest huh??look at the two screen shots the 3 players are the same color and texture as the whole backround...i mean whocan see those guys in a firefight unless they are on top of you ...just stating what i see now i will go back to being quiet..:)
If you cannot see your enemy, it's to his advantage :).
If you can see your enemy, you'll have a better chance to live, for me its an issue of
if you deserve to survive the brawl based on your senses of sight, sound,
and your own reflexes. Of course as you said people will always complain
and others will bring out 'bright skins patchs' and whatnot so don't worry ;)

Lopar-XL
08-23-2006, 02:30 AM
I've noticed in the video that the bots are apparently given callsigns according to their team color and position, as in the scene where a bot says "We need a man down here Blue 6." I can't wait to name one of my bots Luke Skywalker just so he can say "This is Red 5, I'm going in." :p

DonaemouS
08-23-2006, 02:32 AM
Epic, thanks for your working, Unreal Tournament looks amazing from this trailer. I just saw it about 4 times, and still wants to view it again and again...

Nice trailer editing, with a really amazing soundtrack and a good synch between video and audio arranging...

I'm hardly wait to play it...

Again, thanks for giving us amazing games!!!

Unreal Tournament squashed Quake again http://www.games4mac.net/forum4mac/images/smilies/asd.gif

sure
08-23-2006, 02:32 AM
I just watched the vid and it's so cool.
Like watching a movie. Damn. http://users.skynet.be/sure/icon14.gif

And i could see everything fine.
/shoo neon crap

ShredPrince
08-23-2006, 02:38 AM
i hear that statement over and over again then i play the person and they have UTcomp and brightskins and they force Gorge LOL so please ...if i could take a screenshot i would .:eek: ;)

Probably your monitor!

CRT or LCD?

Nice trailer, the game looks fantastic graphically,
but like a bore to play an old fashion DM..
As long as there is a UT2004 style mutator, I'll be happy

FordPrefect
08-23-2006, 02:54 AM
Sweetness. Though my response varied from "Looks like that part hasn't been fixed," to "Wow, that looks nice."

Looks nice, but still needs work to be perfect. :)

/(Character scaling, for instance. But Epic will never agree that it's off. :p)

fuegerstef
08-23-2006, 02:58 AM
Sweetness. Though my response varied from "Looks like that part hasn't been fixed," to "Wow, that looks nice."

Yep, same here.

And as before there were parts when you can see the playermodels just fine and with their teamcolor and parts where they were too dark (compared to the light they are in) and hard to determine what team they are on.

One part in this trailer reminds me of UT2004 demoservers: Constantly I read:

Player is now on Blue
Player is now on Red
Player is now on Blue
etc...

EPIC, nice tip for next trailer: ~togglescreenshotmode ;)

Eveningfall
08-23-2006, 03:06 AM
Fantastic trailer. UT2007 FTW!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

hydro
08-23-2006, 03:52 AM
downloading, ty! :D

r1esG0
08-23-2006, 04:39 AM
i ve just seen the video thanks to beyondunreal,

just want to say to epic thanks for giving us a really vision about what its going to be the game,

as i heard it was another "trailer" i though it was going to be like the first one: mixed flash images,
but its clear that you decide to show fluid gameplay at high resolution and this is very good.

Seen this video ppl now know how the game is going to be like.

PD: the music is epic,
the voices rocks!!

stephen_wq
08-23-2006, 04:50 AM
Thankyou.
i now want to buy this game 3 times over.

Scylla
08-23-2006, 06:44 AM
Note: I haven't read all the posts

Did anyone else notice that the guy had god mode on?

hydro
08-23-2006, 06:59 AM
Yes, always kept noticing "Player1 has moved to the red team", ".. to the blue team", "... to the red team".

They should also get another player for trailers, this one barely jumped\dodged\shock combo'd, etc :P

13XBMSPEC
08-23-2006, 07:25 AM
I am worried i had trouble seeing the players ,seperating them from the backround//please i pray i am wrong...and the vehicles are the same color as the rocks ,ground,backround, please is it that hard to color a vehicle and seperate moving things from rocks and stationary objects??....

Are you kidding look at the backs of the players on the blue team in the turrets and vehicles, their armor glows blue like something out'a Tron!

This Trailer sends shivers down my spine! Everytime I see the Leviathan pull forward into the battle with the Paladin aiding it as it seieges gets me every time! :eek:

»madMar†y»
08-23-2006, 07:37 AM
I wonder what the mantas where doing below the darkwalker. It looked like they where stuck or something.
I'm glad the vehicles just explode and don't dance around anymore what made them very unpredictable in UT2004.

Great video although I need to find some codecs ( sound was stuttering).:confused:

Molgan
08-23-2006, 07:37 AM
Are you kidding look at the backs of the players on the blue team in the turrets and vehicles, their armor glows blue like something out'a Tron!
The players allso have lights in their armour so hiding in the dark will be harder.

Nice vid, I will go back to play ons exclusively again I guess. =) Seems to be a lot more vehicular fire power compared to 2k4... scary.

DonaemouS
08-23-2006, 08:06 AM
Note: I haven't read all the posts

Did anyone else notice that the guy had god mode on?
infact!!!

this is just a trailer and MUST be spectacural and amazing. It's like a movie trailer, you shouldnt found all movie trailer stuff in the movie itself. Too much people writing comments about gameplay just seeing the trailer.

Trailer, people, not game footage. So, the trailer needs to have a good movie-cut and include all features that you never see in a game out there.

So, it's amazing to see giants stuff to shoot against, and it's fantastic look the sun when the music changes, and yes, to do this you need godlike mode... I never see the movie first star, die in the trailer... then, the player can't die in this trailer too...

IMHO;)

AmericanWoman
08-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Nice find!:cool:
A$$ kickin!

Magwa
08-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Probably your monitor!

CRT or LCD?

Nice trailer, the game looks fantastic graphically,
but like a bore to play an old fashion DM..
As long as there is a UT2004 style mutator, I'll be happy

sorry :) it is NOT the equipment..:)
Asus A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 4400 Toledo 64x2
2 gigs of CMS corsair DDR 400
2 74 gig Western Digital Raptors sata 10,000 rpm striped raid array
Asus 7800 GTX Vid card X 2 in sli
Sony DRU 800 dual layer DVD -CD burner
sony DVD rom
Asus Vento Case
Turbo cooler 510 watt power suply
Zalman 9500 CPU cooler
Nec 97F 19 inch CRT at 1024x768 85HRTZ refresh

sorry also i have the HD version of the trailer....

Evil Homer
08-23-2006, 10:23 AM
http://smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/bravo/vignette/thumbnails/1036535672_gif.gif

Great video.... I take those were the Necris version of the hell bender?

DonaemouS
08-23-2006, 10:25 AM
http://www.theblackcat.it/public/gallery/gal/smilies/_thb_knives.gif

I read nothing about the chair features? http://www.games4mac.net/forum4mac/images/smilies/asd.gif

Lopar-XL
08-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Yeah, thanks Epic. Keep up the good work.

BabyDoc
08-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Bit dissapointed by the trailer. Still they show nothing then ons and warfare. I am more interested in the other gametypes. O well thats prolly cause its more interesting to show vehicles etc.

It looks nice I wonder wether it also plays nice.

UnrealGrrl
08-23-2006, 10:38 AM
im wide awake and didnt even have my coffee yet - best good morning this grrl could ask for! :)

would be nice to see more gametypes played but every bit of ut2007 screentime is happy time for me ... looks like this is from the same play session that we saw in that interview footage a little while back, but better put together and its great to have the high quality version to look at. the models are looking good to me, have to watch a few more times now ;)

Garcia y Vega
08-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Wow ty for the HD download... but you made my computer cry when it saw all the gooey eye candy it will need to render

placebo
08-23-2006, 12:31 PM
Wow, it's pretty damned awesome. The Levi looks sweet and I love the location of the map itself, the snow looks like snow, water looks great, very nice lighting.

Only thing I kinda doubt is the taking-damage screenflash effect. Looks like it might be really distracting, but then again, you'll definitely notice when you're being hit.

SilverJax
08-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Wow! I like the fonts... so sexy!

HellFox
08-23-2006, 12:51 PM
FUUUUUC*!!!!1
you dont know how this is being frustrating to me
i downloaded 111 md of video but i can only watch 50 becouse my players only play the movie in 0.4 frames per second, and this was the best, in windows media player 10
winamp, quick time and vlc dont work with it
i can see by streaming at gamespot, and dont know of any other site
im downloading it again at 22 kb per second, and i hope my crappy connection/wifi home network doesnt screws it AGAIN

sometimes i can see some 4 or 5 continuous frames
it is as if my pc 9800 se cant handle the movie or something

SleightOfHand
08-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Wow, it's pretty damned awesome. The Levi looks sweet and I love the location of the map itself, the snow looks like snow, water looks great, very nice lighting.

Only thing I kinda doubt is the taking-damage screenflash effect. Looks like it might be really distracting, but then again, you'll definitely notice when you're being hit.
Yeah, that was a bit much, tone down the distortion a little. The amount of red was good though.

Some things I noticed:
-A flak ball smiley, at 1:08.:)
-The Hellbender's turret doesn't seem to be charged, but it's like a shock rifle or energy turret.:(
-Goliath firing at 1:28
-Other player health above their head is a bar now instead of a number

Oddside
08-23-2006, 12:58 PM

Only thing I kinda doubt is the taking-damage screenflash effect. Looks like it might be really distracting, but then again, you'll definitely notice when you're being hit. I liked the screen-flash effect, infact its the best one I've seen yet, simply because its possible to see straight ahead with it, while at the same time it's very obvious. This time the Levi' looks like it means business, no more being taken out by a single circling raptor. :cool:

As for visibility of the other players, I had no problem seeing them, or the smiley face on the flak shell for that matter. :D

-Other player health above their head is a bar now instead of a numberThe player name also appears to be on a coloured background, that should make it easier to read.

hydro
08-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Wow! I like the fonts... so sexy!

I like you <3

»madMar†y»
08-23-2006, 01:58 PM
FUUUUUC*!!!!1
I think you should be able to whatch this linkhttp://www.computerandvideogames.com/player.php?mode=article&id=432

theeDEATHMASTER
08-23-2006, 02:13 PM
sorry :) it is NOT the equipment..:)
sorry also i have the HD version of the trailer....
In that case, maybe your eyes need a new graphics card, I mean your getting old ;)

HellFox
08-23-2006, 02:22 PM
I think you should be able to whatch this linkhttp://www.computerandvideogames.com/player.php?mode=article&id=432
its like gamespot, didnt worked as well
but thanks alot for trying to help

i actually managed to see the video frame per frame. just made it play in half speed. its slow but i can see everything and a little more

sure
08-23-2006, 02:25 PM
its like gamespot, didnt worked as well
but thanks alot for trying to help

i actually managed to see the video frame per frame. just made it play in half speed. its slow but i can see everything and a little more

You prolly have to much crap on your comp.
A nice format will do the trick. ;)

p2xelgen
08-23-2006, 02:32 PM
A1 :D
I'm guessing the gametype is ONS. I hope epic gives use a look at a few DM maps. ;)

Lert
08-23-2006, 03:03 PM
O .. M .. G !

As in ..

ZOMGWTFBBQ !

That's mesmerisingly beautiful .. Great find ! Now my appetite is whetted even more !

Magwa
08-23-2006, 03:09 PM
In that case, maybe your eyes need a new graphics card, I mean your getting old ;)

Bye Jove I think you may be on to something ...LOL;)

Dozinator
08-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Sweet Vid. Come on UT2007. Its going to ROCK.

Xyx
08-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Random observations... the good, the bad, the nitpicky.
0:32. Weapon turrets look cool.
0:39. What is that thing? Decoration or some new kind of turret?
0:59. People getting off their hoverboard instantly looks a bit glitchy. I had hoped there would have been vehicle enter and exit animations by now, even if minor.
1:02. I have no problem seeing red people against a brown background, despite repeated complaints by certain posters. I'm glad they don't look like ghey pink glowsticks (although UTComp 1.7 will undoubtedly "fix" that too).
1:04. Is it me or do those enforcers look like assault rifles? If they're assault rifles I'd also like the nades back. A combination of (passable) hitscan and indirect fire makes for a very versatile weapon with many tactical applications.
1:04. Nodes have armor plating too? Cool!
1:06. The flak shell is still octagonal. I thought this game was supposed to be high poly, compared to 2004.
1:17. Node armor plating climbs back into place when the node is healed. Cool!
1:20. The twinbeam is now degraded to a half energy turret? What a cheap solution.
1:31. Cool-looking Necris vehicle, except it has some lame cookie cutter "layzur" turret. Did we get the name yet?
1:32. Energy turret is still the same old boring hitscan fest. Doesn't appear to cause massive knockback anymore, though.
1:50. Strange missile burst from the Cicada. It fires the missiles forward, then they flare and instantly change course. Seems like the burst targets a darkwalker, too. They can't target vehicles in 2004.
1:54. Darkwalker beams appear to either recharge almost instantly or work like the link beam.
2:13. Those big chunks of falling rock act like they're made out of polystyrene rather than, well, rock. There is no dust where they fall.

Jake-SF
08-23-2006, 04:53 PM
"lot of texts"

For the "what is that thing", I guess its some kind of mortar or anti-air turrets (or at least something that can only aim relatively high, to destroy those walkers and aircraft)

I didn't noticed the plating on the node... but I looked at the video only once too. and its awesome!

The hellbender's twin beam was awfull, almost completely useless in fierce combat unless you get a lucky shot or predictable opponents, and made boring camping. IMO, fast firing allows the hellbenders a more "in your face" combat efficacity, instead of cheap, long range solution. Love it.

Turret needs to be hitscan somewhat or they are useless in no time. I really hope the knockback is definitively dropped, and the sound, replaced.

Oh and I really hope they add vehicle animation (and for those going to say "but that will f*** up gameplay, no needs for the animation to affect gameplay, say, whenever then animation even start you could still drive the vehicle, can looks slightly silly, but much better than instant nowhere teleportation in and out of the vehicle...

For the hoverboard however, I really want a delay (with an animation too) when you get in or out of the hoverboard. That was instant, and the only part I really think was "awfull" in the video.

Scylla
08-23-2006, 05:26 PM
(I know I've said this before...) I thought the whole idea of having a hoverboard of which can do tricks is awful.

placebo
08-23-2006, 06:29 PM
-Other player health above their head is a bar now instead of a number
I think it would be better as two numbers that are colored (yellow for the shield number, than red for health if it's under 25, orange if it's under 60, green if it's above 60, and white if it's above 100). Because what happens to that health bar when somebody has 100+ health, not to mention that there's no reflection of shield.

Jake-SF
08-23-2006, 06:33 PM
(I know I've said this before...) I thought the whole idea of having a hoverboard of which can do tricks is awful.
Well, the tricks part is awfull to me but the hoverboard itself is nice, (but for what are you complaining, the hoverboard itself or the tricks) I'll still give my reason why its good to have an hoverboard :

UT2007 is supposed to be in your face and come with deadly and fun combat, which we had in UT99, but in a fresh game with fresh stuff all too kep it better.

Maps doesn't seem that huge now (PLEASE, no more TOrlan or Dria-like uber boringness, they are reason I hate ONS, map like this su*ck), but still sometimes and especially when all vehicles are used, you need to walk sometimes.. and that can get tedious. Instead of having little cannon fodder from far away (which are completely vulnerable to HITSCAN, with the hoverboard it isn't exactly the same), you can speed up your movement and get where you want with no real wait...

So, if you do not want to use vehicle (either because you su*ck at them, or they are simply not availaible) you can still go in combat.

Result? Combat are still in your face and you have no huge wait time walking from one side to another of the map - the hoverboard is balanced since you should not use any weapons on it, and there really isn't any other bad effects, what could be bad? I think the hoverboard is an extremely good idea and with all the new stuff, Onslaught will FINNALY be a GOOD gametype instead of a beta-quality gametype...

If everything I saw in the various videos, and in what Epic said, gets into the game, it'll be the best game ever!

SleightOfHand
08-23-2006, 06:42 PM
The hellbender's twin beam was awfull, almost completely useless in fierce combat unless you get a lucky shot or predictable opponents, and made boring camping. IMO, fast firing allows the hellbenders a more "in your face" combat efficacy, instead of cheap, long range solution. Love it.
Have to disagree. I love the twin-beams. If your in close range combat, especially with players on foot, you should be using combos. Switching between seats 1, 2 and 3 FAST is the key, which with practice isn't too difficult. From medium to long range, twin-beams are awesome. It's no more difficult to hit someone than with shock or lightening.

I don't like the new single, unchargable, shock-like beam. I like being able to charge and let loose when I want, mixing it up. And not everything takes full charges.

Hamburger
08-23-2006, 06:45 PM
If only I could use a hover board to get to work every day.:)

Piglet
08-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Thank you for the HD vid Epic.

Very very much looking forward to this game.

Olav
08-23-2006, 07:15 PM
It looks fantastic but it also looks like a mess to play. I would rather see some footage of 2on2 hardcore CTF on a small tight map ;)

Gomjaba
08-23-2006, 07:43 PM

You ? Serious ? WOW :D

Me2 btw .. great one ..

Jake-SF
08-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Have to disagree. I love the twin-beams. If your in close range combat, especially with players on foot, you should be using combos. Switching between seats 1, 2 and 3 FAST is the key, which with practice isn't too difficult. From medium to long range, twin-beams are awesome.
Well the game is still more in your face, really long range where the beam will be at its best won't be everywhere. But still, its really a matter of opinion, so we can't really say anything more about that.

HellFox
08-23-2006, 08:29 PM
You prolly have to much crap on your comp.
A nice format will do the trick. ;)
dunno, ive just got a new 80 giga HD, and its the the video is stored

BeyonDeath
08-23-2006, 08:54 PM
all we need now is the specs for the computer that can dish out that kind of graphics.... but from wat i can tell..... i'm gonna be playing at low res :(

awaw
08-24-2006, 03:58 AM
0:32. Weapon turrets look cool.
0:39. What is that thing? Decoration or some new kind of turret?
0:59. People getting off their hoverboard instantly looks a bit glitchy. I had hoped there would have been vehicle enter and exit animations by now, even if minor.
1:02. I have no problem seeing red people against a brown background, despite repeated complaints by certain posters. I'm glad they don't look like ghey pink glowsticks (although UTComp 1.7 will undoubtedly "fix" that too).
1:04. Is it me or do those enforcers look like assault rifles? If they're assault rifles I'd also like the nades back. A combination of (passable) hitscan and indirect fire makes for a very versatile weapon with many tactical applications.
1:04. Nodes have armor plating too? Cool!
1:06. The flak shell is still octagonal. I thought this game was supposed to be high poly, compared to 2004.
1:17. Node armor plating climbs back into place when the node is healed. Cool!
1:20. The twinbeam is now degraded to a half energy turret? What a cheap solution.
1:31. Cool-looking Necris vehicle, except it has some lame cookie cutter "layzur" turret. Did we get the name yet?
1:32. Energy turret is still the same old boring hitscan fest. Doesn't appear to cause massive knockback anymore, though.
1:50. Strange missile burst from the Cicada. It fires the missiles forward, then they flare and instantly change course. Seems like the burst targets a darkwalker, too. They can't target vehicles in 2004.
1:54. Darkwalker beams appear to either recharge almost instantly or work like the link beam.
2:13. Those big chunks of falling rock act like they're made out of polystyrene rather than, well, rock. There is no dust where they fall.

1:58 Manta seems to get stuck in the legs of the Darkwalker

Xyx
08-24-2006, 05:20 AM
I had a close look at that, but I didn't feel about it the same way. I interpreted it as the Manta staying really close to go under the Darkwalker's beams and attack its legs.

But then, considering it's bots or unskilled players, I could very well be wrong. Maybe it was a bot that was humping the Darkwalker, like bots often do while driving Mantas (getting themselves caught in their own plasma bursts in the process).

Zofo
08-24-2006, 06:40 AM
Vid is mirrored by UIE here (http://www.unreal.ie/download/UT2007/movies/169_ut2007_ot_pc_082206_hd.zip)

Could an admin plz add this to the first post, ta

A_Spec
08-24-2006, 07:08 AM
The hellbender's twin beam was awfull, almost completely useless in fierce combat unless you get a lucky shot or predictable opponents, and made boring camping.

Thats quite the statement for someone who doesnt play ONS.

SleightOfHand
08-24-2006, 11:16 AM
I had a close look at that, but I didn't feel about it the same way. I interpreted it as the Manta staying really close to go under the Darkwalker's beams and attack its legs.
I think it could have been intentional also. The Mantas may have some way of taking out legs, or getting the legs caught between the gap in their nose to slow the walkers progress. Who knows? We don't know enough yet of what features the vehicles will have. We haven't even seen all the vehicles yet.

Zoso Fan
08-24-2006, 11:28 AM
I didnt see a problem

Zoso Fan
08-24-2006, 11:31 AM
There is still alot of time before UT2007 releases, just chill because alot of these "problems" are minor things i think EPIC will include / fix by release

HellFox
08-24-2006, 12:24 PM
when i see destroyed vehicles i feel it is so....wrong
first, there should be smoke out of the pieces, the should leave blach decal on the ground, at leats where the vehicle exploded, and the gib also feel so....weightless, dunno

and also something i noticed that i didnt liked is when the vehicles explode, the pieces/gib come form nowhere, no where near the actually where before the explosion

Scylla
08-24-2006, 01:07 PM
when i see destroyed vehicles i feel it is so....wrong
first, there should be smoke out of the pieces, the should leave blach decal on the ground, at leats where the vehicle exploded, and the gib also feel so....weightless, dunno

and also something i noticed that i didnt liked is when the vehicles explode, the pieces/gib come form nowhere, no where near the actually where before the explosion

Well, it's better than a wreck appearing. Just imagine what the dark walker would be like *shudders*.

EntropicLqd
08-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Was it me, or did those Darkwalkers seem to get destroyed exceptionally quickly?

Nice trailer though.

MysTikal
08-24-2006, 01:40 PM
I seen this before, but not in such high quality. <3

Check out 2:04, the teamskins are quite bright!

Necris Viper. Ooh, shes mine.

HellFox
08-24-2006, 04:07 PM
I seen this before, but not in such high quality. <3

Check out 2:04, the teamskins are quite bright!

Necris Viper. Ooh, shes mine.
i think he is talking about the hover tank, wich is called nemesis iirc

HellFox
08-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Well, it's better than a wreck appearing. Just imagine what the dark walker would be like *shudders*.
huh, but cant they make it so that the pieces actually spawn toghether forming the shape of the vehicle and then blow away?

i hope they make an exiting animation for the hoverboard..........

did anyone noticed the stinger turret on the levi?
yay, it doesnt seems to be hitscan like the minigun

Oddside
08-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Was it me, or did those Darkwalkers seem to get destroyed exceptionally quickly?

Nice trailer though.
At the end when the Levi' turns up the gameplay appears to be running at higher than normal speed i.e. it's playback speed has been increased, check out the red player running about infront of the levi, he's far too fast for normal game speed.

Joe Wilcox
08-24-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm really glad you guys like the video but please allow me to point out that you really shouldn't try to disect weapon functionality from a video :).

Molgan
08-25-2006, 01:44 AM
I'm really glad you guys like the video but please allow me to point out that you really shouldn't try to disect weapon functionality from a video :).
But up until the day we have the demo it's pretty much all we can do..;)

Doc Shock
08-25-2006, 04:02 AM
Well, it's better than a wreck appearing. Just imagine what the dark walker would be like *shudders*.Well, it's all a matter of taste. I really liked the vehicle wrecks in UT2k4, they added a nice unpredictable element that was very entertaining. Not many things in UT put a broader grin on my face than killing a Manta and his destroyed mesh squashes an enemy as a bonus. The only stupid thing about them was the sudden disappearance, an effect like we saw in this UT2k7 video would've been nice.
But I think it would just feel strange if a single Enforcer bullet that takes away an armored vehicle's last few hitpoints can blow it up as if it was hit by a redeemer... I mean, what is a more satisfying sight to behold when you kill, for example, a Raptor: a simple, big explosion in the air (and the current UT2007 explosions don't even look really good, imo they are the only element that doesn't look very "Next-Gen"), or some small explosions shaking the aircraft while it falls down to the ground, burning, and explodes on impact? Same goes for wheeled and antigrav vehicles, making them just go boom seems a bit lame, when they could be sliding, flipping and burn away instead. It is basically the same as if they'd take out player ragdolls and make killed players simply disappear in a flash of light. Looks lame, and makes frags more unsatisfying.

Scylla
08-25-2006, 05:53 AM
With small vehicles the wreck is ok (like the manta). It's just that EVERY vehicle made a wreck, and I can't imagine a giant walker wreck falling down or getting blasted up into the air. It looks better the way it is, collapses from certain weapons but with powerful ones (like the leviathan's blast) destroy it instantly.

Xyx
08-25-2006, 07:31 AM
Vehicles have a "destroyed" and a "desintegrated" health threshold. A destroyed vehicle becomes a bouncing wreck. If it takes enough damage after that it'll desintegrate/blow up. If a functional vehicle takes enough damage to go straight into desintegration, it'll blow up on the spot.

Doc Shock
08-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Yes, in UT2k4, but in the trailer it looks like every vehicle in UT2k7 just blows up, no more wrecks... :(

Scylla
08-25-2006, 09:08 AM
I've got a question about the orb. Do you have to pick it up to start node constuction or was it just a coincidence that he had the orb when he walked over the node?

Wormbo
08-25-2006, 09:19 AM
They show an extended version of that video at the Games Convention in Leipzig. I hope we can download it after GC is over. :)

i think he is talking about the hover tank, wich is called nemesis iirc
In the GC video that thing is labeled "Necris Nemesis".

Switch`
08-25-2006, 09:45 AM
The new HUD looks good, very simple and very pretty.

The hellbender's twin beam was awfull, almost completely useless in fierce combat unless you get a lucky shot or predictable opponents, and made boring camping.
Err, in UT2004 you can change seats in Hellbender while you are in it, "1" is driver, "2" is the shock combo gun (one of the best close-combat weapons ingame), "3" is the turret, the best long-range instahit weapon ingame. Together they form one hell of a weapon, though, it requires 3 experienced crewmen or 1 who mastered it.

placebo
08-25-2006, 12:19 PM
I would love to know what the feck about the orbs and conduits.

RogueLeader
08-25-2006, 12:41 PM
WOW, now that looks greate. Really a nice vid. Hope there will be some more from GC soon.

Wowbagger
08-25-2006, 12:45 PM
I would love to know what the feck about the orbs and conduits.

AFAIK (i could be wrong here) Its only available in the Unreal Warfare gametype and is used to unlock nodes or assets that arent essential to the outcome.
Look at it as "side-missions" that can be done instead of dying at the front. :)

Im not 100% sure about this but i think Steve Polge explained this in the interview G4TV did at E3. Goes to watch the interview again

InTheJungle
08-25-2006, 12:49 PM
I love the way the nodes now seem to work. During construction protective plates seem to be fabricated to protect the inner orb. When damage is caused, these plates break off, exposing the inner orb to damage and ultimately, destruction. I love the new idea.

placebo
08-25-2006, 01:22 PM
I love the way the nodes now seem to work. During construction protective plates seem to be fabricated to protect the inner orb. When damage is caused, these plates break off, exposing the inner orb to damage and ultimately, destruction. I love the new idea.
Yeah, I think most importantly it'll be more satisfying destroying nodes now, as well as the core.

Da Spadger
08-25-2006, 01:29 PM
:D~

My face is stuck! :D~

aleXtrm
08-30-2006, 10:43 AM
I wonder what the mantas where doing below the darkwalker. It looked like they where stuck or something.
I'm glad the vehicles just explode and don't dance around anymore what made them very unpredictable in UT2004.

Great video although I need to find some codecs ( sound was stuttering).:confused:

No way, I loved Mantas and stuff would fly around and you would have to dodge them to save yourself, and then someone would be too clumsy or something and get crushed. That way is more real, in real war when things blow up, different chunks fly in different directions. I hope ut2007 will change their explosions back

RustyGun
09-06-2007, 03:09 PM
um, that video has been our way before august 22nd...it may not of had that thing in the beginning, but it's been out for a while...

Unreal Butcher
09-06-2007, 03:13 PM
um, that video has been our way before august 22nd...it may not of had that thing in the beginning, but it's been out for a while...
Look at the OP's date posted. Last year, 2006. How did you even stumble across this? It's over a year old, the title should have been your first clue. UT2007..:eek: LOL.

RustyGun
09-06-2007, 03:15 PM
eh, it was on the first page of topics

-Sephiroth-
09-06-2007, 03:15 PM

Zombies eat brains, yet Zombies don't want to eat you.

Unreal Butcher
09-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Lol. Wonder how that happened, beings the post before you has a date of 08-30-2006, 07:43 AM. Odd that this thread would be on the front page.

Mort_Q
09-06-2007, 03:25 PM

I believe (http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=576752) you.