PDA

View Full Version : Instagib

legacy-UBL
08-23-2005, 04:22 AM
Will 2K7 still have the Instagib mutator?

fuegerstef
08-23-2005, 06:27 AM

Will UBL make more threads with one question in it each that simply could have been put into one thread til UT2k7 and that would have been answered to my best knowledge if put into one thread?

CounterZeus
08-23-2005, 11:51 AM
of course it will have instagib...that's like changing the unreal logo [face_worried]

legacy-UBL
08-24-2005, 08:53 AM

Will UBL make more threads with one question in it each that simply could have been put into one thread til UT2k7 and that would have been answered to my best knowledge if put into one thread?

Typically, I would, but my experience with forum posts is that you do not want to make it too challegning. When I have submitted multiple questions before they usually get lost in the mix when one of many gets the attention and the rest go unanswered.

However, fuegerstef your rudeness is noted, which is suprising since this is supposed to be Epic's forum. Also, note that 1 of 3 posts have multiple questions, the reason for breaking out the other 2 was to ensure they were answered and not lost in the mix.

Does Epic personell provide answers to posts or is the content in these forums solely the exchange between customers? How can you tell the difference?

Regarding SafeGame, Punk Buster, Anti TCC they are not the result of Epic and UTSecure did not deliver. What does Epic intend to do?
Thanks

legacy-c9h13no3
08-24-2005, 09:49 AM
Yar! Spam!

RoadKillGrill
08-24-2005, 01:25 PM
+1 Spam

insta will be in ut2k7, even if they add it or not

musilowski
08-25-2005, 12:42 AM
+1 Spam

insta will be in ut2k7, even if they add it or not+1.

If it's not in someone will make it. :O

legacy-DagnyTaggart
08-25-2005, 12:51 AM
I'm under the impression that Epic hopes to kill Instagib for some unfathomable reason. I sure hope not. Including an Instagib mutator would be easy.

legacy-SubZeroGTS
08-25-2005, 02:57 AM
i'm pretty sure folks at Epic and every other hub in the gaming industry despise instagib and what its become, but don't fear, they won't want to drive off the hardcore IG players who keep playing the game forever because of it.

don't expect cheat protection to be any better than what you have now. IG always will attract aimbots and cheaters because they break the game in the gametype much easier than any other.

legacy-Bullet10k
09-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Watch the Mike Capps ut2k7 interview at IGN, he says "yea we gotta have a flak cannon, we gotta have instagib, or people will kill us right?"...so I guess that means IG must be included.

legacy-DagnyTaggart
09-07-2005, 02:50 AM
i'm pretty sure folks at Epic and every other hub in the gaming industry despise instagib and what its become, but don't fear, they won't want to drive off the hardcore IG players who keep playing the game forever because of it.

Do you know why this is--why do they despise it so? I just play regular weapons UT '99 CTF, so I'm not really too familiar with the Instagib community.

BeerNut
09-08-2005, 08:50 AM
I can imagine 2 reasons why the developers aren't big IG fans:

1. It splits the community in about half. A lot of players simply will ONLY play IG, and as a result many NW players will never run across this large number of players/servers.

2. NW is really how the game is meant to be played. Virtually the entire game of UT (player hit boxes, map design, movement capabilities, etc...) are designed around the guns. And I can imagine a HUGE chunk of development time is put into balancing the weapons in terms of usefulness and damage that they deal.
I think it would be a bit of a slap in the face to the designers if someone completely ignores this very large portion of the game in lieu of 1 shot, 1 kill simplicity.

legacy-ziadoz
09-08-2005, 06:57 PM
I can imagine 2 reasons why the developers aren't big IG fans:

1. It splits the community in about half. A lot of players simply will ONLY play IG, and as a result many NW players will never run across this large number of players/servers.

2. NW is really how the game is meant to be played. Virtually the entire game of UT (player hit boxes, map design, movement capabilities, etc...) are designed around the guns. And I can imagine a HUGE chunk of development time is put into balancing the weapons in terms of usefulness and damage that they deal.
I think it would be a bit of a slap in the face to the designers if someone completely ignores this very large portion of the game in lieu of 1 shot, 1 kill simplicity.

+1

UT is designed for the weapons, Instagib is just an extra thrown in to keep the Instagib fans happy. Hopefully they'll get rid of it one day. [face_alien_2]