PDA

View Full Version : Tipz

legacy-ShredPrince2
06-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Ok, Jammin just asked me for 2k4 tipz, so I'm gonna try to post litle one liner tips for you UC2 guys wantin to convert.

My first tip to toally new player to UT2004 is:

Play bots for a few weeks before even going online.

Start at Novice despite whatever ego you may have.

Once your getting godlikes on Novice go up a notch, rinse :repeat

*IMO when practing against bots too many players assume all the gains are against tough opponents.You can learn things from getting your butt tore up, or tear some yourself.

That sounds bad I know.....LOL[face_coffee]

legacy-x_ZerK_x
06-07-2006, 11:58 AM
more[face_drooling]

legacy-ThePigster
06-07-2006, 01:06 PM
When I first played UC2, I went online after a few victories against the bots thinking I was ready to pwn. Boy, was that ever an eye opener.

legacy-Alckatrahz
06-07-2006, 02:48 PM
You can learn things from getting your butt tore up, or tear some yourself. NO HOMO

That sounds bad I know.....LOL[face_coffee]

Fixed a little error in that post. You're kindly welcome.

legacy-ShredPrince2
06-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Um thats another thred though....

legacy-ShredPrince2
06-07-2006, 06:26 PM
ok next tip:

customize your crosshairs to your liking.

Find what works best for you: some people like the dot for the shock, and some the cross.Color is a big preference too.Some use yellow for hit scan, some red or a blu/red variant(purp//pink).

Your cross hairs are your best friend.

Many players who are truly great opt to select "hidden" weapon, as their "weapon hand". That means no gun on screen, only crosshairs.

It is very useful, but somewhat of learning curve there.IT provides nice accuracy.

On a personal note, I find it to be not much different if your playing the game under normal visual circumstances.Now when character highlighters via UTComp come into play, it (hiding weapons) becomes much more of a deciding factor.

You'll tend to grab shots at tighter angles,and get a little more accurate.

This comes to my favorite tip of all, and I told this to Jammin:

Try to have fun at ALL TIMES.

I think some playerss out there get tooo caught up in being all ridiculous at the game.Thinking you might be a pro or something.
Let me tell you all the cold hard FACTS of high level gaming: THERE IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE SOMEONE BETTER THAN YOU!! Unless your like 1 of 2 peeps out there that has like 80/80 vision or something, and smokes gigantic balls of crack hourly along with massive amounts of gaming talent, and that's amongst the elite mind you.In terms, the best of the best.Nobody who plays Unreal is a crappy gamer, all posses a certain flare and raw gaming skill.So I was asked "what maps are good to practice on?"

my answer: "what maps do you like?"

See if I was concerned with being a fatlaity wanna-be, I'd learn EVERY SINLGE MAP YADADYAda.Even if I hated it, cause I'd want to be all pimply at every map like the hypothetical game god I am etc etc.

I say screw that, play what maps you truly enjoy.It may be cause you like the way it looks.You might like the item placement, you may just flow well on the map.Whatever the reson have fun.Like I say, if you play enough anyway, you'll know ALOT of fukin maps really soon.

Just 2k4 maps alone I know.....well put it this way, I have 145 in my list now, and I know most of them to a certain degree of memory.

Point is: you can do alot of things on a PC to your game to "enhance" your game, and give you an edge of sorts, but in the end what do you care about?

I like to seee kewl graphical cranage and all the bells and whistles when I killll.

legacy-Condiment_King
06-07-2006, 09:25 PM
hidden weapon

green dot for ALL crosshairs

.65 mouse sensitivity

details normal

bots... pffft you dont need bots. Honestly, just jump in a few pubs and start playing.

legacy-x_ZerK_x
06-08-2006, 12:58 AM
.65 wtf isnt that realy slow?

legacy-Condiment_King
06-08-2006, 05:16 AM
Im so used to it that its actually pretty fast for me. Been using low mouse sensitivity since UT99. I also have a giant mouse pad too that is like 2 feet big.

legacy-Tug_Soldi3r
06-08-2006, 05:38 AM
fcuk this game [face_happy] ..... whats the specs for UT2007? i need a new pc, might aswell get a good 1. and play the bound to be best game. if its anything like Unreal Championship i'll enjoy it

legacy-Condiment_King
06-08-2006, 05:42 AM
honestly Id wait til its closer to ut2k7 before upgrading. Get better technology at the same price pretty much.

legacy-Tug_Soldi3r
06-08-2006, 05:49 AM
thanks, what specs wud i be lookin at for that game?

legacy-Condiment_King
06-08-2006, 05:56 AM
Im gonna guess a good Gig of ram, at LEAST x800 (ati) or 6800 (nvidia) for a video card. CPU, well... Id guess at least a 3.5 ghz, maybe more... or go with a 64 bit processor... honestly I dont know.

legacy-Tug_Soldi3r
06-08-2006, 06:08 AM
seen, im gonna go with 2 gig ram, 512 graphics card,3.5 ghz processor(amd athlon. i want it to be good enuff to last till next next gen [face_happy]

legacy-ShredPrince2
06-08-2006, 07:05 AM
[face_shame_on_you] tsk tsk tsk

Listen to condiment here.

On the mouse and PC...LOL

Lower sensitivity is where it's at.Mine is low....I vacialte from .5-1.0.

On the PC front for Tug, all you really want to be sure to have is a dual core processor and a PCI express x16 port on your motherboard.

You can get a PCIx Nvidia 7900Gt for like $200.
Very pimpin card.

BUt Tug????

No 2k4 homie????

You make me sad.

A skilled gamer like you BELONGS on this game.

legacy-ShredPrince2
06-08-2006, 07:35 AM
MY next tip:

Shield Jumping.

USeful in Team games more than DM.

Fairly easy to pull off, but tough to master.

PErforming a shield jump(2 variations):Tap Primary Shield gun fire while simultaneously pressing jump for added height...or more clearly:

Fully charge primary fire, aim it at the ground, at the exact moment you release the fire button ,hit jump.So; as your pressing one button, your releasing the other.

You can dodge-shield-Jump, GOop-Shield Jump, and what I call "team" shield jump.

I'll explain team since it is easiest and lest clear up to now.

Have a teamate crouch and hold down the primary fire. Have them aim in the air to some up high place you want to try to reach.

With your shield UP jump into them from the ground and get a MAJOR boost.

This is great for CTF and things of this nature.

Though I rarley run into people trying to employ it, but I have used it in matches, and it totally screwed the oposition.

legacy-onenation
06-08-2006, 08:21 AM
I'll have to get this game.

legacy-ShredPrince2
06-08-2006, 08:49 AM
lol[face_dancing]

legacy-Tug_Soldi3r
06-08-2006, 09:02 AM
if my pc was any good, i wud be playin that game. go up to the next level gaming, even tho it is kinda different

legacy-ShredPrince2
06-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Man all you need is the 1.0 ghz processor.

The rstcan be added to at least play DM, and CTF...no ONS or As though.

legacy-Tug_Soldi3r
06-08-2006, 09:37 AM
i aint got a dvd drive....lol

how much ram do u need?
graphics card?

legacy-ShredPrince2
06-08-2006, 12:21 PM
To be safe-512 RAM, 128-bit Nvidia geForce card-$40.

snoogans460
06-08-2006, 12:41 PM
.Nobody who plays Unreal is a crappy gamer, all posses a certain flare and raw gaming skill.

So true my friend. There's actually been some newcomers in Unreal games that I was more apprehensive to be facing because of this fact. People need to realize that someone will ALWAYS be better, just like you said. The bottom line... Have Fun.

A perfect example of simply having an enjoyable time goes back to the UT 99 Dreamcast Days. I used to hop online with my controller and get absolutely slaughtered by keyboard / mouse users, yet, I didn't even care and would lose basically every match with a smile on my face because the experience was such a blast.

legacy-Condiment_King
06-08-2006, 06:00 PM
in terms of the shield gun jump not being used in DM games... thats absolutely false. I use it a ton. Theres a nice tiny little hole in the ceiling on rankin above the 100 armor. If you know your enemy is waiting for you to come out after the 100, shield jump out of there. Will take a bit of a health hit, but better than walking into a combo.

Same goes for maps like Roughinery and a few others. Also good for tricking your opponent as well... if they think you shield jumped out of an area, they may try to go cut you off, but instead you faked them out.

legacy-ShredPrince2
06-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Well...MOST playeres Condiment, I do that move too, and the spot in Deck, but I mean most players dont use it,

legacy-Kid_Venom82
06-09-2006, 03:08 AM
seen, im gonna go with 2 gig ram, 512 graphics card,3.5 ghz processor(amd athlon. i want it to be good enuff to last till next next gen [face_happy]

WHAT did i here a 3.5ghz amd. Man i think he is rich. That will cost you more then half of your computer. What is amd's mainstream......isn't it around 2.6? If you don't understand mainstream don't even reply. Anywho go with what shred said. A 7900GT is great. And if you get an SLI motherboard you can get two. Or you can still get an SLI board and wait to get another one.

legacy-ShredPrince2
06-10-2006, 09:58 AM
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=0794A8D27CAF9436

Ok a little movie I made that shows my favorite weapon combo of all time, Shock to Lightnng gun.

The variant in my mind is Mini to LG. That is a little easier.I did the Shock to LG cause I feel it's a little more challenging.

I also show a simple "target lead" by standing in one spot and allowing a retarded bot to walk into my shot essentialy.

I know lots of peole can lead fine with ranged weapons (RL, Flack etc), but target leading with hitscan is more minute, and has alot more room for error.

I also figured seeing it done will hemp a few out as well.

In the vid you'll see a combo RIGHT OFF THE BAT, in 3rd person, then some screwy playing, then First oerson perspective target lead example, then youll see two more combos from 1st person.

Hope this helps at least one person.

I was testing a little re-amping of one of my older works, and figured why not.

The map is one known well by people who know me, I am rebuilding it from the ground up as the ACTUAL orginal appeared.

As you can see in the vid...got lots stilll to do.

Music is "As I lay Dying" confined.

Hardcoe metal with radio freindly chrouses...

snoogans460
06-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Deadbolt looks like a ghost-town, LOL. That target leading is a fantastic tip and seeing everything in motion gives players a more keen awareness of how it's done. Nice vid.[face_peace]

legacy-ShredPrince2
06-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Thanx, glad it helps., I slowed the video 2.....

That brings me to my next tip.

This one is more of a personal thing.

I play 125% speed when practicing in UT2k4 or UC2(speed match).

THen everything feels like the Matrix afterwards...easty breezy.

If I fall of my game, a few rounds af crack speed gets you back in check real fast.

legacy-Kid_Venom82
06-11-2006, 01:33 AM
You know that is a good idea. I may use that.

legacy-Tug_Soldi3r
06-11-2006, 06:01 AM
in UC1 my weapon combo mainly was ROCKETS and LIGHTING GUN(no-aa)

i got this off Shindeon Z, as people used to dodge or circle the rockets, he used to just pull out the LG and headshot them. quite simple but very effective.

snoogans460
06-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Thanx, glad it helps., I slowed the video 2.....

That brings me to my next tip.

This one is more of a personal thing.

I play 125% speed when practicing in UT2k4 or UC2(speed match).

THen everything feels like the Matrix afterwards...easty breezy.

If I fall of my game, a few rounds af crack speed gets you back in check real fast.

Dude totally. It's kind of like Baseball Players swinging 2 bats at a time during warm-up - or riding a motorcycle in the rain, as they both give you more confidence when everything is back to normal.

legacy-ShredPrince2
06-13-2006, 05:44 PM

i got this off Shindeon Z, as people used to dodge or circle the rockets, he used to just pull out the LG and headshot them. quite simple but very effective.

UC1 is not quite nearly the same as UT2004 though.For one, the main thing that makes this combo MORE effecitve than UC1, is the concussion(knockback) effect from the shock rifle primary fire.It knocks the player off their feet; giving you,the accurate shooter,enough time to switch your weapon to the LG and finish a newley spawned player.(weapon switching speed is slower than UC1*)

Another thing to consider is the fact that UC1 has different health levels ,depending on your charater, unless using competition mode.
In UT2004 everyone starts at 100.So this will kill anyone at that baseline health.Shock PRimary=30 or 35, LightingGunBodyshot=70
Headshot=140

UC1 Headshot was only 120

legacy-x_ZerK_x
06-14-2006, 12:02 AM

UC1 is not quite nearly the same as UT2004 though.For one, the main thing that makes this combo MORE effecitve than UC1, is the concussion(knockback) effect from the shock rifle primary fire.It knocks the player off their feet; giving you,the accurate shooter,enough time to switch your weapon to the LG and finish a newley spawned player.(weapon switching speed is slower than UC1*)

Another thing to consider is the fact that UC1 has different health levels ,depending on your charater, unless using competition mode.
In UT2004 everyone starts at 100.So this will kill anyone at that baseline health.Shock PRimary=30 or 35, LightingGunBodyshot=70
Headshot=140

UC1 Headshot was only 120

so people can survive headshots???

thats just not fair its hard enough to get them as it is.

legacy-ShredPrince2
06-14-2006, 03:48 AM
I agree, it should be 999 damage like UC2, but Yes you can survive a headshot in BOTH UC1 and 2....ever see someone running aroung with their head on fire???

Lightning just stuck their head thus cause=ing it to burst into flames.

WHy I love LG SOO MCUH...LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL