PDA

View Full Version : i need help with melee!!

legacy-Unreal_Faith
06-17-2005, 01:55 PM
im having trouble getting good with melee. can anyone give me tips on useing melee. i always get killed trying to melee im not very good useing shield, timing attacks, and reflecting. but i can get close enough to melee people. i use anubis mostly with flak and sniper

legacy-Fierce
06-18-2005, 04:15 AM
When you're are not good in using shield, timing attacks and reflecting, I can't see a way for you using melee. You have to reflect and to use shield to get close to your opponent, then attack him, use shield again and so on until he freezes. When he freezes CDG him or use the strong attack by pressing (B). You can also get close to your enemy by using the jump attack, but your are very vulnerable by doing it.

legacy-Riddled
06-18-2005, 07:01 AM
Melee wh0res maddshox.

legacy-Unreal_Faith
06-18-2005, 10:59 AM
ok thanks

legacy-FViral
06-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Melee is a last resort, only juggies can pull of an all melee game. I suggest getting good with moving around so you can shoot then stab your way to victory.

legacy-ProStaff
07-13-2005, 05:07 AM
It seems like I always get hit when my opponents use the jump/flying/whatever attack, but I can never hit anyone when I do it. Help!

legacy-soberkyo
07-21-2005, 06:36 AM
They could be shielding, or heavy attacking at just the right time to sort of "block" your melee attack and give you damage at the same time.

legacy-RM_cOldfyr3
07-21-2005, 06:45 AM
The trick is to use charge dashes or adrenalin dashes. Most people who fight normal with their staffs useally end up getting double killed by a distant explosive user.

I only melee if somebody is low on health, I dont have weapons or I am Udamage with wraith. I dont however ever use my staff.

legacy-fastest
07-26-2005, 11:20 AM
Trick to melee is to not spam it.

I have never seen anyone EVER who could just melee purely and do nothing else and still win games. (Except in death match! In which case spammers get 1-2 kills then die, which gives high death / win ratio w hich is bad.)

I am not anti melee, I love melee myself, but only when the time is right. Use it to finish people off "Some times" or when you have no ammo and you have to chase the flag carrier or he will score, or whatever... Primary thing I would use melee for is reflecting when I am out of ammo, or when someone is shooting straight at me instead of my feet and I know i can reflect them easily. (Read the reflecting posts for tips on reflecting).

Other than that Get better with weapons. You should rarely have to use melee except to walk faster when not fighting, or when you have no ammo. (People who start off meleeing immediately and dont go for ammo.. thats not exactly what I mean :) )

legacy-Ravid182
07-29-2005, 12:27 AM
I only use melee when I am out of ammo. Either that or I am fighting against someone I can easily get some rejected kills off of.

legacy-fenix1729
07-29-2005, 09:34 AM
you have to lock on to the enemy then jump and press B.

legacy-Gangsta
08-07-2005, 06:45 AM
i find melee to be a strong finisher if used right. if your taking someone's health and they are pretty low usually they will try and work towards getting health and a good strong melee dash is good to just kill em off

legacy-Ez_Jamin
08-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Has anyone noticed people who use melle dont go to masterful or godlike thats why you shouldnt use it at all apart from reflecting.
[face_grin]

legacy-blackm0n
08-18-2005, 06:28 AM
the only meele moves i use are reflect and when there health is low i pounce on them but if you conna be a melle hoar at least use anubis or judas cause it makes it easier with energy burst and vampire cloud

legacy-Selkets_Vanguard
12-27-2005, 06:27 AM
Well... melee is good, it may not be much but im getting Flawless on deathmatch on godlike against 7 bots. I know it's only AI but still...

legacy-mortichaANDzero
01-12-2006, 07:29 AM
Trick to melee is to not spam it.

I have never seen anyone EVER who could just melee purely and do nothing else and still win games. (Except in death match! In which case spammers get 1-2 kills then die, which gives high death / win ratio w hich is bad.)

I am not anti melee, I love melee myself, but only when the time is right. Use it to finish people off "Some times" or when you have no ammo and you have to chase the flag carrier or he will score, or whatever... Primary thing I would use melee for is reflecting when I am out of ammo, or when someone is shooting straight at me instead of my feet and I know i can reflect them easily. (Read the reflecting posts for tips on reflecting).

Other than that Get better with weapons. You should rarely have to use melee except to walk faster when not fighting, or when you have no ammo. (People who start off meleeing immediately and dont go for ammo.. thats not exactly what I mean :) )

[face_rose] i see you have never seen me fight then lol, i can do pure melee and win a match. ok and you dont allways have to use it to finish people i use it all the time, allways with med and heavy guys. but when it comes to a light then you could use melee just to finish some one. look at my other post here about melee that should help.[face_rose]