PDA

View Full Version : UC2 Upgrade #1 now in Microsoft Certification testing (now released)

Pages : [1] 2

legacy-Frank_the_Avenger
07-25-2005, 07:33 AM
Epic is very glad to announce that UC2 Upgrade #1 is now available.

I know you haven't heard anything about it for a while, and we're sorry about that; we've been incredibly busy around here, and we thought it would be better to take what time we had to work on fixing stuff rather than posting about it. ;)

So, what will it do? I'm glad you asked! Here's the official 'fixed' list for UC2 Upgrade #1; I've bolded the one that most of you are probably most interested in. ;)

Gameplay changes:

• Fixed team kills being counted for Weapon Master
• Fixed winning a TDM round by the Weapon Master bonus causing it to count as two rounds won instead of one
• Fixed issue where if a player was standing on the enemy flag base and a teammate captured the flag to win the round, the flag would get into an invalid state
• Fixed the extremely rare sniper rifle freeze
• Added the ability to play DM on Overdose maps
• Fixed issue with lightest characters using a slower speed.

Graphical changes:

• Fixed "Loading" text being outside the safe zone for the second splitscreen viewport during pre-join dynamic loading
• Fixed characters being stuck in the T-pose after round cycle
• Fixed static meshes in DM-AcidRain improperly disappearing during a split-screen match
• Fixed spectator camera going into first-person view in UC Classic mutator

Networking changes:

• Fixed user unable to join session with all private slots when joined by accepting a cross-title invite
• Fixed clients getting stuck if kicked while precaching the next map
• Fixed the inability to activate split-screen after choosing to join a friend's Xbox live match while in split-screen mode, then backing out to the main menu
• Fixed a loading freeze that would happen sometimes under extremely bad network situations while joining a server
• Fixed a rare problem related to a client sometimes not closing its connection properly
• Fixed an extremely rare freeze when transitioning to a new match on the same server
• Changed the order client connections are serviced to prevent clients with poor connections from being skipped due to network saturation, which aids lower bandwidth clients when the server is under stress
• Major reduction to server outgoing bandwidth, which should reduce lag issues significantly
• Tweaked the default client network speed

Miscellaneous fixes:

• Fixed radioactive glow not going away on round reset when using the radioactive mutator
• Fixed occasional ghost players visible after round change
• Fixed Warrior Spirit not showing the proper description when Raiden uses it
• Fixed unable to bypass the controller removal message if the second player in split-screen removes their gamepad at the same time that the game travels back to the menus
• Updated some localization text

So there you have it. Again, sorry it's been so long; thanks for keeping faith.

Frank the Avenger

legacy-Brandon
07-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Thank you Epic Games!

legacy-smuguf
07-25-2005, 07:41 AM
so about 2 or 3 more weeks probably.

legacy-Halo1pwnsHalo2
07-25-2005, 07:43 AM
I want to have your baby Epic!

legacy-Brandon
07-25-2005, 07:45 AM
Does Microsoft Certification Testing really take that long?

legacy-ShakaM
07-25-2005, 07:46 AM
I want your sex epic. [face_sick]

legacy-Halo1pwnsHalo2
07-25-2005, 07:47 AM
not really, Bungie's autoupdates takes like a week or two. But since Epic doesn't suck MS's dick, it'll be longer.

legacy-RM_cOldfyr3
07-25-2005, 07:47 AM
Thanks for that guys. There are a few things missing like the wraith/homing issue which can be frustrating but this will do fine for now.

legacy-Brandon
07-25-2005, 07:52 AM
• Added the ability to play DM on Overdose maps

Awsome.

legacy-triP
07-25-2005, 07:55 AM
I love you Frank the Avenger.

legacy-Tutenarak
07-25-2005, 07:58 AM
I knew i could count on you :D

Fixed issue with lightest characters using a slower speed.

thank augy for that ;)

legacy-x_djs_x
07-25-2005, 08:10 AM
Yes finally, maybe I wont quit playing this game for a much longer time now :). My faith in Epic is restored.

Best additions-

DM playable in OD maps! Sick!

Less Lag.. pretty self-explanatory

Faster light characters- now Lauren and Calypso are actually playable!

CounterZeus
07-25-2005, 08:32 AM
I have no words for this :)

Well I do: COOL, Thank You Epic, You've made my vacation :p

legacy-LK_Foxknight
07-25-2005, 08:34 AM
OMFG I CAN'T BELEAVE IT!!! I think I just wet myself...[face_blush]

legacy-BlackKnightOfH8
07-25-2005, 08:38 AM
• Fixed the inability to activate split-screen after choosing to join a friend's Xbox live match while in split-screen mode, then backing out to the main menu

What the hell does that mean? 2 players on live?

legacy-XoVeNmiTsX
07-25-2005, 08:46 AM
is there one on there where we dont freeze or ghost?

btw, my fav update is the OD maps available for DM. SWEETNESS those maps are some of the coolest in the game!

also do our stats get reset? i dont like the look of 890 D/C's[face_wink]

legacy-Carn4ge
07-25-2005, 08:48 AM
Yea, I hate to sound like an ass and maybe I just missed it, but the only thing that concerns me is that my xbox freezes on this game every 15-30 mins or I glitch out of the map if it takes too long.

Were these addressed?

legacy-Fierce
07-25-2005, 09:00 AM
• Unlocked downloadable maps CTF-Monoxide and DM-Sever
• Unlocked downloadble ‘alt’ characters Apophis, Calypso, Jackhammer, Judas, Kraag, Syzygy. When highlighting a character for play, hit (X) to swap to their alternate character.

What does that mean? I doesn't make sense.

Or maybe it's something like: the upgrade will be available in next OXM to offline players, but they will only get half of the DLC and the rest of the DLC in upgrade #2...

But it's a nice upgrade, Epic (especially DM playable on OD maps). THX!

legacy-pA0n3
07-25-2005, 09:00 AM
about time...but is it to late?

legacy-Halo1pwnsHalo2
07-25-2005, 09:06 AM
no its not too late because i still love the game. and i believe we all do as well.

legacy-RazzZzar
07-25-2005, 09:10 AM
Will the Warrior spirit glitch be fixed?

legacy-UnlivedPhalanx
07-25-2005, 09:34 AM
Does Microsoft Certification Testing really take that long?

yes MS is completly slow, and like this game, are bound to overlook about everything.

Technically, if they tested the patch as much as this game, the patch would make things worse.

legacy-Brandon
07-25-2005, 09:34 AM
Epic Games, what about the Rocket Launcher glitch just like mentioned above?

legacy-Brandon
07-25-2005, 09:35 AM
PLEASE RESET THE STATS, AND GIVE US AN ONLINE SCORE BOARD.

legacy-UnlivedPhalanx
07-25-2005, 09:38 AM
PLEASE RESET THE STATS, AND GIVE US AN ONLINE SCORE BOARD.

No

legacy-Carn4ge
07-25-2005, 09:38 AM
I seriously doubt thatll be coming

legacy-UnlivedPhalanx
07-25-2005, 09:40 AM
We appreciated you guys appologizing,

See every1? just goes to show that they have been helpin us along.

Mind you guys they have an Engine to be developing as well as at least 2 new games so its nice they took time to do this for us.

legacy-Brandon
07-25-2005, 09:43 AM
We can only hope.

legacy-capdog
07-25-2005, 09:45 AM
poison cloud is a little broken also, anyway, good stuff

legacy-Brandon
07-25-2005, 09:48 AM
No

Why not?

legacy-fastest
07-25-2005, 09:54 AM
This is the fastest I have ever seen people post to one topic!! Anyways! I hope this helps.

I totally agree on the stat post just now. Stats in this game are retarded! If there are going to be stats at all they should be based of of experience or something that can be more fair and not cheated so easily.

legacy-BlackKnightOfH8
07-25-2005, 10:12 AM
Stat reset yes. Scoreboard no. That will just make bigger stat whores.

legacy-Netsurfer733
07-25-2005, 10:27 AM
[face_shock]

..........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

HALO 2 DIES FOREVER SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MWUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA [face_angry] [face_skull] (not that i hate halo 2, but seriously why go back if lag is actually going to be GOOD now? :D :D :D)

(And btw Epic...wanna make Ictus the unofficial community relations guy for the board, or any other one guy at least? :) If for nothing else than further improvements to put in for Upgrade #2 that the community can point out ;) )

<3 To Epic!!!!! [face_rose] God willing it will be out before the summer is done :D

Here's to UC2 becoming that much closer to realizing its full potential as one of the best online experiences EVER created!! *cheers*

legacy-iReProphecy
07-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Its great news. Now hopefully all the complaining will stop[face_shhh]

legacy-ShakaM
07-25-2005, 10:48 AM
It won't stop, most of the people will want more characters and maps after this.

I think this is the last downloadable thing we are getting.

legacy-RorixBladewing
07-25-2005, 11:13 AM
Funny how you say the complaining won't stop, and then you yourself complain. Personally, I think that once the lag is fixed, peole won't complain nearly as much. Sure, some are still going to complain, but the main community won't.

legacy-ShakaM
07-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Who said I was complaining?

legacy-Mr_Lemur
07-25-2005, 12:37 PM
My Favorite:

"Fixed an extremely rare freeze when transitioning to a new match on the same server"

I especially like the use of the term "extremely rare"

I guess that makes me special?

Anywho, thanks for your efforts epic - hopefully it will be out before my 3-month XBL subscription runs out, because I ain't renewing it if it does.

L.

Edit: Sadly I doubt this will this patch will make the game more enjoyable for me. While my Verizon DSL 756/128 connection is great for UT/PC gaming I don't think It will ever be enough for UC2 on XBL. No more glitching will be nice, but lagging is not likely to change (for me) unless they really overhauled the netcode.

legacy-AntiSuperStar
07-25-2005, 01:57 PM
I hope the 'Epic' bashing now ends. We should all be thankful they had there ears open to us. I had faith in them the whole time. Sides, if this game died/failed due to lack of patches, I always had Unreal2k4. : )

Thank You Epic for the new Patch. I look foward to it.

legacy-Xarai
07-25-2005, 01:58 PM
This puts a very large smile on my face.

legacy-possessedclown
07-25-2005, 02:37 PM
thak you epic now i can start playing online more again

legacy-sicsicsic
07-25-2005, 02:55 PM
thanks epic, looking forward to the upgrade.

i hope that if this upgrade doesnt fix some certain issues that the next one will.

for example, the warrior spirit and berserk not working properly when playing online, and with the wraith not working properly online. and any other things that you can do in instant action but not online.

imo, i think the lag, glitches and freezes are my main concern, but those differences i mentioned really do effect the unreal gameplay. so i would definitely like to see those fixed also.

legacy-deathlesslife
07-25-2005, 02:58 PM
they need to fix the wraith/homing glitch

legacy-thariddler
07-25-2005, 03:02 PM
I seriously hope it fix's the lag issues...

legacy-Shrike
07-25-2005, 04:09 PM
whats the wraith/homing glitch? Sorry, I haven't played for a couple months.

legacy-Acid_2_140bpm
07-25-2005, 04:35 PM
The swarm of gamers will come back as soon as this patch is released. I'm expecting full rooms in (DM/TDM/CTF) gametypes.[face_peace]

legacy-_Anubis_
07-25-2005, 04:39 PM
OMG Thank you Epic. For making one of the best shooters ever (Well I think that all the Unreal games are the best shooters ever.) You just made this game better to me than it already is.

legacy-Pegeta
07-25-2005, 05:56 PM
HOLY ****. You mean to tell me Calypso is actually going to be playable? Bye bye Sapphire....and even better yet Devstation or however you spell her name. There is going to be alot of players whoring her around when that patch comes out.

legacy-deathlesslife
07-25-2005, 06:36 PM
kidd where have you been? you can use them right now

legacy-Netsurfer733
07-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Dude...anyone else notice how there were a LOT more servers up today? And in just about every game I was in, the buzz was flying about the new patch :D

I think it's possible the community is already getting some new life breathed into it from this announcement alone....

Might be a good indication of how great a response this will get from the community :) In any case....it can't hurt, so long as they glitch/bug checked it good :D Can't wait can't wait can't WAIT!!! :D

legacy-onenation
07-25-2005, 07:01 PM
what is weapon master kill?

legacy-Crunchy_Nacho
07-25-2005, 07:18 PM
This awesome news. :) It means that the patch will probably be out in a few weeks.

legacy-Pegeta
07-25-2005, 08:01 PM
kidd where have you been? you can use them right now

By playable I meant a Selket like Calypso and not a Gorge like Calypso in terms of speed. Same goes for Devastation, as they are now there speed really makes then not worth while.

legacy-Junior
07-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Oh Calypso is about to be my bad ***** from hell once this comes out. Fear me. Yes indee fear me.

God bless Epic and may their wives bare them many sons.

legacy-thariddler
07-25-2005, 10:04 PM
Watch the language.

legacy-Webjunky
07-25-2005, 10:23 PM
Thanks a million Epic.

I plan on spamming the patch release news (once it does hit of course) on every gaming forums known to man in order to pick the community back up.

Can't wait for all those bannings, but it will be worth it. [face_applause]

legacy-Netsurfer733
07-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Well i wont spam (spamming sucks)....but you're right, i will mention it on all the forums i regularly visit :D

legacy-augy
07-26-2005, 12:04 AM
Oh Calypso is about to be my bad ***** from hell once this comes out. Fear me. Yes indee fear me.

God bless Epic and may their wives bare them many sons.

And may their fields yield bountiful harvests.

legacy-CentiMeterPeter
07-26-2005, 12:42 AM
All that's really great, but most of us just wanted an in game menu to setup clan matches or make clan tags (ghost recon or clan matches halo) WHERE ARE THE LEADERBOARDS.... I truly believe you should let some live players help your decision making when it comes to online options in games.

snoogans460
07-26-2005, 01:07 AM
Yep, sometimes all you need is a little hope for life experiences to be restored. Epic, this news is greatly appreciated. Thanks for stickin' by our community even amidst the habitual complaining and doubts from many. Lauren's back in full effect baby!

CounterZeus
07-26-2005, 01:42 AM
and now is the time to complete the sharpshooter challenge if you don't want to get a beating from those agile robots :p

legacy-BlackKnightOfH8
07-26-2005, 02:14 AM

So does anyone have any idea what this means?

legacy-ra1n
07-26-2005, 02:22 AM
Like Sicsicsic said, I hope the warrior spirit / berserk abilitys also the dbl secondary shot with the bio riffle, and Rocket Launcher weapons is fixed.

Thx for the info epic.

legacy-9Cyph
07-26-2005, 02:23 AM
Woot! Will there be another update dealing with gameplay adjustments? A lot of people (like me included) feel certain things like Poison Cloud should be a lot better.

legacy-Acid_2_140bpm
07-26-2005, 03:42 AM
A glitch that not many know about is in CTF- Aqueduct. Some players seem to suicide themselves for no apparent reason. Player could be walking, jumping, & charging, when all of a sudden the player gets killed saying xxxx has been obliterated. I'd stay out of CTF-Aqueduct until they fix it.

CounterZeus
07-26-2005, 04:17 AM
that also happens in other maps [face_rolling_eyes]

legacy-x_djs_x
07-26-2005, 04:36 AM
No Acid is right, mainly only Aquaduct. It happens all the time you're running after the flag carrier and die on the spot for no reason. Counter you're probably seeing that when you have no life left and jump from a high distance "leaving a small crater"

CounterZeus
07-26-2005, 04:44 AM
but it did happen once in an OD-game (I think I've even said that somewhere on the forum) and in CTF-Octane.

PS: I do check the death messages [face_shame_on_you]

Mysterial
07-26-2005, 04:59 AM
A glitch that not many know about is in CTF- Aqueduct. Some players seem to suicide themselves for no apparent reason. Player could be walking, jumping, & charging, when all of a sudden the player gets killed saying xxxx has been obliterated. I'd stay out of CTF-Aqueduct until they fix it.

If it's what I think you're talking about, it also happens a lot on OD-Zenith and is fixed.

legacy-iReProphecy
07-26-2005, 05:04 AM
Thats good news. I just got done playing with Acid. And i died 3 times within 2minutes, because of these random obliterations.

legacy-Frivolities
07-26-2005, 05:24 AM
Maybe I shouldn't have traded in UC2. But I did.

PS: I have no regrets.

legacy-onenation
07-26-2005, 06:04 AM
I still want to know what is weapon master?

legacy-Tutenarak
07-26-2005, 06:31 AM
Maybe I shouldn't have traded in UC2. But I did.

PS: I have no regrets.

[-X :^O

Could of waited, but oh well 8-|

Some people are so impatient. :|

legacy-deathlesslife
07-26-2005, 06:47 AM
I still want to know what is weapon master?

weapon master is a mutator .it goes up to five kills for each weapon unlimited ammo and you get a bonus when you become the weapon master

legacy-Frank_the_Avenger
07-26-2005, 07:04 AM

So does anyone have any idea what this means?This was (IIRC) the inability to use splitscreen OFFLINE after accepting an invite to a live match while playing an offline splitscreen match unless you reset your box.

Frank the Avenger

legacy-ShakaM
07-26-2005, 07:17 AM
So will the "host advantage" still be great.

Or will everyone be able to snipe and reflect virtually identical?

legacy-smuguf
07-26-2005, 07:19 AM
All that's really great, but most of us just wanted an in game menu to setup clan matches or make clan tags (ghost recon or clan matches halo) WHERE ARE THE LEADERBOARDS.... I truly believe you should let some live players help your decision making when it comes to online options in games.

That's not going to happen, they'd have to redo some XBL stuff. ANd if you think server whores are bad now, when there are leaderboards it'd be even worse. Clans aren't necesarry for this game, if you want you can set one up third party.

legacy-BlackKnightOfH8
07-26-2005, 07:29 AM

So does anyone have any idea what this means?This was (IIRC) the inability to use splitscreen OFFLINE after accepting an invite to a live match while playing an offline splitscreen match unless you reset your box.

Frank the Avenger

Awww I was hoping for some splitscreen action online.

legacy-deathlesslife
07-26-2005, 07:53 AM
So will the "host advantage" still be great.

Or will everyone be able to snipe and reflect virtually identical?

well with the significant lag decrease i suppose clients would be more up to par with the host

legacy-iReProphecy
07-26-2005, 08:18 AM
But hosts will have an advantage.

legacy-Carn4ge
07-26-2005, 08:19 AM
Yeah, I try not to leave matches just because I'm not doing well. That is, unless its because the host is whoring sniper and reject - see this way too often.

I dont know if there is any way to take away that advantage tho.

legacy-Netsurfer733
07-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Yea I imagine unless they did an INCREDIBLE job fixing the outgoing server lag stuff (which is entirely possible for what little we know), then the hosts will still at least have a marginal advantage :(

Meh, it's all good, we can still own hosts pretty good :D

legacy-x_djs_x
07-26-2005, 09:31 AM
Aw, online with a guest would have been awesome. Sadly this game has become one you just don't play with friends over.

legacy-Netsurfer733
07-26-2005, 09:34 AM
Not really, I got a lan thing going on so we can do 4 people now....but you can't talk with people over the mic...

OMG Epic, I just reminded myself! Lol

Epic, please fix the inability-to-talk-to-other-xbox's-using-a-headset-bug! We have to be in other rooms when we do LAN, so it would be nice to be able to talk to them as we both have standard xbox live headsets :(

legacy-Frank_the_Avenger
07-26-2005, 09:42 AM
You can still play with friends, just not on Live.

And Surfer, voice is disabled in System Link by design. Sorry.

Frank the Avenger

legacy-Xarai
07-26-2005, 10:08 AM
So that means you'll just have to yell from room to room! Thats how me and my friend do it via system link XD

legacy-x_djs_x
07-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Frank,

Can you tell me if this is fixed- For some reason I get the message during a game, "You have been disconnected from Xbox Live, would you like to Troubleshoot the system?" Just a few minutes ago it kicked me out 3 times! I wasn't able to play online, is this fixed? Its never happened during another game.

legacy-Ravid182
07-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Do you all think this can help get the game back on the top 25 list or is it just too late to get a lot of people back on?

legacy-Carn4ge
07-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Frank,

Can you tell me if this is fixed- For some reason I get the message during a game, "You have been disconnected from Xbox Live, would you like to Troubleshoot the system?" Just a few minutes ago it kicked me out 3 times! I wasn't able to play online, is this fixed? Its never happened during another game.

This has actually happened to me but I thought it may have something to do with my new modem, happened about twice i think.

legacy-RM_cOldfyr3
07-26-2005, 11:06 AM
It wont be back on the top 25 list.If it did, it would rank like 24 or 25. That list does not mean much anyway. I mean just about everything on that list has a real single player campaign as well as multiplayer and Xbox live aware counts as a connect just as much as a multiplayer game does. UC2 single player is not for much more than unlocking characters.

Ever notich that fable ranks 10th most played xbox live game of all time? One would think fable had some huge online multiplayer action going on just based on that list. Fable has no multiplayer what so ever

legacy-Xarai
07-26-2005, 01:17 PM
It wont be back on the top 25 list.If it did, it would rank like 24 or 25. That list does not mean much anyway. I mean just about everything on that list has a real single player campaign as well as multiplayer and Xbox live aware counts as a connect just as much as a multiplayer game does. UC2 single player is not for much more than unlocking characters.

Ever notich that fable ranks 10th most played xbox live game of all time? One would think fable had some huge online multiplayer action going on just based on that list. Fable has no multiplayer what so ever

Yeah that doesn't say anything :P i quit playing Fable looooooong ago when i beat it within the first day of having it... its wayyy too short for me. I also even tried 'owning' everything, but after buying this one town [literally the whole town] i dont do much other than just sleep 2 times, and collect money in the morning. That doesn't really feel like i'm playing anything. It kinda feels like i'm playing the sims now only they pay me money or theyd die. I've actually got to the point where i used to kill all the townspeople but now i'm thinking... Dead people don't pay no bills.

legacy-smuguf
07-26-2005, 03:04 PM

Yeah that doesn't say anything :P i quit playing Fable looooooong ago when i beat it within the first day of having it... its wayyy too short for me. I also even tried 'owning' everything, but after buying this one town [literally the whole town] i dont do much other than just sleep 2 times, and collect money in the morning. That doesn't really feel like i'm playing anything. It kinda feels like i'm playing the sims now only they pay me money or theyd die. I've actually got to the point where i used to kill all the townspeople but now i'm thinking... Dead people don't pay no bills.

hitlers thinking exactly.

legacy-PiNoYPrOjEcT
07-26-2005, 03:28 PM
can you play OD maps on survival??

legacy-Ravid182
07-26-2005, 03:58 PM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/live-top25games.
htm?level1=enuslivehome&level2=topgames&level3=top25gameslist

I am talking about the weekly one. Were it shows the top 25 games played on live each week...

legacy-RM_cOldfyr3
07-26-2005, 04:55 PM
I understand you are talking weekly but the weekly games are what makes up the all time list also. Fable used to be in that weekly list and ranked very high.

Single player action helps that list as much as multi does.

Crimson Skies ranks 17 on the list right now. I was in crimson skies one day last week and it was very hard to find a single server. I put my UC2 disc back in and found games pretty damn fast.

The list is not based on multiplayer gameplay. it's based on time played on both xbox live and single player with xbox live aware active.

legacy-Ravid182
07-26-2005, 05:14 PM
I understand you are talking weekly but the weekly games are what makes up the all time list also. Fable used to be in that weekly list and ranked very high.

Single player action helps that list as much as multi does.

Crimson Skies ranks 17 on the list right now. I was in crimson skies one day last week and it was very hard to find a single server. I put my UC2 disc back in and found games pretty damn fast.

The list is not based on multiplayer gameplay. it's based on time played on both xbox live and single player with xbox live aware active.

Oh ok... I did not know it worked like that. Well then do you think it is just too late for the patch to get a lot of people back to playing the game(well really there is a decent amount of people playing but you know what I mean.

legacy-thariddler
07-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Most people on this game are noobs, though. All they do it melee.

legacy-ShakaM
07-26-2005, 05:27 PM
^ I actually had a theory and tested it. I was playing agianst 3 +average players. And all I did was use Szalor and Predator, and charged up the dash all the way. And you know what happened? I won.

legacy-thariddler
07-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Haha ok, let's see if you'll win against me doing that all match. I'll use my biorifle, you can use your Szalor.

But I aggree, you only do that in a room full of adept noobs, and energy bursting Anubis'.[face_love]

legacy-smuguf
07-26-2005, 06:04 PM
so why are adept people noobs? I'm an adept and i can kick some ass. Shaka and augy are adepts too, they own.

legacy-deathlesslife
07-26-2005, 06:09 PM
there are varying degrees of level 3s 3.g. there are crappy one. good ones and the are those that deserve to be masterful

legacy-RM_cOldfyr3
07-26-2005, 06:25 PM
there are varying degrees of level 3s 3.g. there are crappy one. good ones and the are those that deserve to be masterful

The problem is it's much too easy to become adept

legacy-deathlesslife
07-26-2005, 06:32 PM

The problem is it's much too easy to become adept but much too hard to become masterful

legacy-thariddler
07-26-2005, 07:27 PM
I meant adept noobs as the type who just melee and energy burst you...

legacy-iReProphecy
07-27-2005, 02:29 AM
What deathlesslife said is true. Its too easy getting adept and staying adept. Because you might see one experienced player a day. Might .

legacy-onenation
07-27-2005, 03:06 AM
^^ I agree completely.

legacy-ra1n
07-27-2005, 03:10 AM
ShakaM, thas b/c szalor owns everyone. My brother's first time playing the game, he was szalor, used melee only, bladeburst over predator. He still jump dashed to start every attack. He won aswell. But some devestation player was in the game with him using head turret and a stinger. So he just spammed reflect while attacking the devestation player. and all the other shots that came after him, flak, snipers, ripjacks were all getting pushed aside. would get multi kills with just the left trigger. People need to not attack szalor with 2 bars of adren and the reflect button as his main weapon.

legacy-Halo1pwnsHalo2
07-27-2005, 04:56 AM
dude, who cares! so people uses melee all the time, so what, its in the frickin' game, this is a VIDEOGAME! YOur rank is not going to get you laid, so stop calling other players noobs. so they are not as good as you, so what! some people have lives and a job and maybe even a girlfriend. THey don't have time to perfect their "skill" at a "game". let them play how they want and leave them alone.

legacy-smuguf
07-27-2005, 05:13 AM
dude, who cares! so people uses melee all the time, so what, its in the frickin' game, this is a VIDEOGAME! YOur rank is not going to get you laid, so stop calling other players noobs. so they are not as good as you, so what! some people have lives and a job and maybe even a girlfriend. THey don't have time to perfect their "skill" at a "game". let them play how they want and leave them alone.

who says games can't get you laid? Don't you ever read OXM? They had these 2 extremely ugly people (guy and girl) that met on XBL and got married and had a kid. Gaming: getting people laid for about 1 yera now.

legacy-Halo1pwnsHalo2
07-27-2005, 05:24 AM
is that like your goal one day? because i will not meet marry anyone over Live because that is just gross....

legacy-AntiSuperStar
07-27-2005, 05:45 AM
How is someone a ''n00b'' for using melee? Melee is apart of the game. Your just mad because they keep owning you with that melee and you can't counter it. If your so good then you will find a way to counter that melee and make sure your the one that does not die. Do I make a point? And please don't respond with somthing like ''Well I can't because they are all on me using melee and theres no way to escape'', that just brings us back to point A.

legacy-thariddler
07-27-2005, 06:01 AM
Constant melee only is for noobs. I never get killed with it, I'm just angry with their stupidity.

legacy-Frank_the_Avenger
07-27-2005, 07:16 AM
Frank,

Can you tell me if this is fixed- For some reason I get the message during a game, "You have been disconnected from Xbox Live, would you like to Troubleshoot the system?" Just a few minutes ago it kicked me out 3 times! I wasn't able to play online, is this fixed? Its never happened during another game.I can't say for sure, there's any number of reasons you could be getting disconnected from Live. I think if it is the game, it's certainly possible it could've been fixed, what with all the networking tweaks we did.

So I guess the answer is "I hope so." :)

Frank the Avenger

legacy-deathlesslife
07-27-2005, 07:46 AM
constant melee + getting gooped, tripe rocketed,shock comboed over and over because they refuse to do anything other than jump attack and rush at you with the right trigger taped down = noob

legacy-Target_Renegade
07-27-2005, 08:25 AM
constant melee + getting gooped, tripe rocketed,shock comboed over and over because they refuse to do anything other than jump attack and rush at you with the right trigger taped down = noob

Someone complaining about all of the above=0wn3D[face_monkey]

legacy-Shred
07-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Too little to late.

Yeah, lets be optimistic and pretend that this patch will breathe life back into the game.F'n XBL is a ghost town compared to a year ago.
Xbox is dead, and so is UC2, because its on Xbox.If the game came out how it SHOULD HAVE, it may have made XBL stronger, instead, it tanked it.

legacy-Target_Renegade
07-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Nah,what's buggered up XBL is all the dip****s on Halo 2.It seems all the loudmouth arses on it have put a lot of people off it,including myself.I'm sick of hearing "N00b Combo" this and whingers on UC2 about getting their shots reflected to the cries of "Reflect whore mo' fo'".Don't like it? Tough,it's part of the game,can't deal with it?Leave and go play something else(as long as it's not Top Spin,or you'll end up whinging about the ball being reflected back at you all the time).

Honestly this forum should be sponsored by Pampers or something[face_cry]

legacy-BillyTheKilly
07-27-2005, 09:39 AM
wait... is this the update that already happened? because i already have monoxide and those alternates;.
Will ra be availible in the next update?

legacy-fenix1729
07-27-2005, 10:10 AM
wait... is this the update that already happened? because i already have monoxide and those alternates;.
Will ra be availible in the next update?

and when ?

legacy-x_djs_x
07-27-2005, 10:13 AM
^ No, this is something different than what you already have. Im not sure why the alts are mentioned there in the list. And as for the Ra, it always IS possible in a second download, but I can't see it happening. Then again you never know :)

legacy-Hell_Spunk
07-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Too little to late.

Yeah, lets be optimistic and pretend that this patch will breathe life back into the game.F'n XBL is a ghost town compared to a year ago.
Xbox is dead, and so is UC2, because its on Xbox.If the game came out how it SHOULD HAVE, it may have made XBL stronger, instead, it tanked it.

How could i be so blind? They should've put it on Ps2!

:/

legacy-smuguf
07-27-2005, 01:30 PM
yah it woulda rocked full on with PS2!! Terrible graphics, bad load times, and multiplayer that is HORRIBLE. God, why would they put it on xbox where they could get beautiful graphics, quick load times, and the best multiplayer at this time? Epic must be stupid to put it on x-box. Geez.

legacy-Netsurfer733
07-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Ok its been 2 days since this has been announced...it's getting hard to wait :(

legacy-Crunchy_Nacho
07-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Well you going to have to wait for a while longer. I don't imagine certification would be done until about two weeks, but that's just a guess.

legacy-Xarai
07-27-2005, 04:56 PM
yeah it isn't going to take a short while to do it i believe. Just have patience man... its comming, and for sure we know it is so this isn't my usual 'try to keep the sanity of everyone' speech i had to do several times...

legacy-Hell_Spunk
07-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Dont get your hopes up, if M$ finds a problem withit, that'll be another month.

legacy-smuguf
07-27-2005, 05:12 PM
^^^^^
pesimistic.

legacy-Hell_Spunk
07-27-2005, 05:35 PM
^^^^^
pesimistic.

Realistic.

legacy-smuguf
07-27-2005, 06:24 PM
gamers don't need realism.

legacy-Pegeta
07-27-2005, 06:44 PM
all we gamers need is something to take away the daily stress of work and family...

legacy-smuguf
07-27-2005, 06:44 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
and STD's.....

legacy-Murphy
07-27-2005, 11:11 PM
and maybe an offline version of the patch...[face_praying]

legacy-thariddler
07-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Not going to happen, sorry, get live.

legacy-Fierce
07-28-2005, 12:02 AM
and maybe an offline version of the patch...[face_praying]

This time it's looks good, Murphy.

The Upgrade #1 unlocks 6 of 10 downloadable characters and 2 of 4 maps (sever and monoxide). This doesn't make sense, unless there would be an offline version. So people without XBL get the upgrade (maybe with OXM) and only the half of the DLC with it. Maybe the rest of the DLC (Necris Selket, Evil Hands, etc.) will be unlocked for offline players in a second upgrade.

It's a rumor, but it would make sense.

legacy-Xarai
07-28-2005, 12:52 AM
yes good reasoning!

legacy-Hell_Spunk
07-28-2005, 03:40 AM
Everyone needs realism.

legacy-Murphy
07-28-2005, 04:28 AM
^^ Thats why we play Unreal-games...[face_nerd]

Yeah. I hope you are right about the patch Fierce. And maybe Frank just forgot to mention the other ones and we can get ΄em all.

Daumen Drόcken!

legacy-BlackKnightOfH8
07-28-2005, 05:07 AM
1 thing I noticed the other day is there isn't a bot for Necris Selket. I hope they throw her in somewhere.

legacy-x_djs_x
07-28-2005, 05:36 AM
...why?

legacy-smuguf
07-28-2005, 07:20 AM
Everyone needs realism.
no, we really don't.

legacy-Xarai
07-28-2005, 07:22 AM
I think we get enough of that in the real world :P i play games to get away from realism lol.

legacy-Netsurfer733
07-28-2005, 08:45 AM
Btw, you all realize that ieProphecy says we should post all that we want in the Upgrade # 2 in this thread, right? I would start posting all the bugs/tweaks you guys want to see in the next game here now :) (I'll start doing that as soon as I start remembering some lol...)

legacy-AntiSuperStar
07-28-2005, 08:50 AM

Sounds like someone is getting owned pretty bad in the game by everyone they come across.

It's not because they are n00bs. It's because YOU can't counter them. Don't take it out on every else by calling them ''n00bs'' just because you can't counter what they do to you. You sound like one of those people that name off everything you can do in the game and call it ''n00b'', and the only way they could not be such ''n00b'' to you is if they stand still and do nothing. Because no matter what they do, they are ''noob'' to you.

legacy-Tutenarak
07-28-2005, 08:53 AM
HHmmm, reminds me of someone who left the community long before [face_whistling]

On topic: I cant wait for the patch [face_dancing]

legacy-Hell_Spunk
07-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Everyone needs realism.
no, we really don't.

Ok, then i shall let you get yourself disapointed, if the patch has a problem and you have to wait another month.

legacy-smuguf
07-28-2005, 10:22 AM
nah if the patch never came out i wouldn't be dissapointed. I get glitched and lagged sometimes, but it really doesn't bother me to much. I'm totally content with the game, it'll be nice to have the stuff gone, but righ tnow i'm perfectly happy with this game.

legacy-Ravid182
07-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Btw, you all realize that ieProphecy says we should post all that we want in the Upgrade # 2 in this thread, right? I would start posting all the bugs/tweaks you guys want to see in the next game here now :) (I'll start doing that as soon as I start remembering some lol...)

Well I have something I would like. The ability to spectate in dedicated mode. I think this is just about the only game with a dedicated mode that the host can't spectate. And it should not be too hard would it? They already have a type of spectator mode in survival so wouldn't they just have to tweak it a bit to work for the host? I doubt it would happen but I know I would make dedicated servers more often if I had that(I still make one every few days and let it run for quite a while but I would make them more often which would be good) More dedicated servers are always good. I doubt it will happen though.

One question though. When they say you can play DM on overdose maps can you play team deathmatch on them also? If not then I would like that.

legacy-deathlesslife
07-28-2005, 12:32 PM

Sounds like someone is getting owned pretty bad in the game by everyone they come across.

It's not because they are n00bs. It's because YOU can't counter them. Don't take it out on every else by calling them ''n00bs'' just because you can't counter what they do to you. You sound like one of those people that name off everything you can do in the game and call it ''n00b'', and the only way they could not be such ''n00b'' to you is if they stand still and do nothing. Because no matter what they do, they are ''noob'' to you.

kidd you dont even understand my point.. you said that melee is not for noobs and i was just pointing out exactly what makes someone a melee noob

legacy-Captain_Karkos
07-28-2005, 12:55 PM
You must understand that Deathless, is saying what actually makes a noob. Not just saying that since something beats him it is for noobs. You couldn't obviously think that he gets owned by that.

That fact that you stand up for and defend that "tactic", says alot about how you are as a player.

legacy-xWARPIGx
07-28-2005, 12:56 PM
I agree with lifeless. If you keep getting killed becuase all you do is dive attack, then you are a noob. But everyone starts somewhere.

legacy-ShakaM
07-28-2005, 01:46 PM
I can ponce and dash someone to death with a light, but I try not too.

legacy-Netsurfer733
07-28-2005, 10:06 PM
To me, the word "n00b" is meaningless. You're either:

1) New (perfectly legit and I would never tell a new person to his face that he's a newb like a jerk--that's how you kill a commnuity :) )
2) Experienced, and honing in 1 or a combination of some tactics
3) Experienced, and trying some new things

Now as far as each tactic goes, that's up for debate :) DEBATE, mind you. Branding certain tactics words might describe them well, though not fully, but noob? Please, the word is meaningless, people. Stop using it :P

Now, I'd like to see people starting to post their thoughts as to what should be in Upgrade # 2 before Frank stops looking at the thread due to an overwhelming # of posts about noob debates!!!!!! Thank you.

legacy-Ravid182
07-28-2005, 10:07 PM
I thought of another one that I would like although I don't know if it is a possiblity. I doubt it is one because this is probably something a bit more to do with live so I don't know if they could add it, but it would be nice. When someone invites you you can press a button or something and get some info on the game. At least show what sort of game type it is. Although I doubt that could happen because that probably has something a bit more to do with live then this game but it would be nice. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten and invite and it end up playing some sort of game type I hate or with mutators I hate.

legacy-Ravid182
07-28-2005, 10:40 PM
To me, the word "n00b" is meaningless. You're either:

1) New (perfectly legit and I would never tell a new person to his face that he's a newb like a jerk--that's how you kill a commnuity :) )
2) Experienced, and honing in 1 or a combination of some tactics
3) Experienced, and trying some new things

Now as far as each tactic goes, that's up for debate :) DEBATE, mind you. Branding certain tactics words might describe them well, though not fully, but noob? Please, the word is meaningless, people. Stop using it :P

Now, I'd like to see people starting to post their thoughts as to what should be in Upgrade # 2 before Frank stops looking at the thread due to an overwhelming # of posts about noob debates!!!!!! Thank you.

^That is so true^

I remember once I had just joined a game. The host was this person named Morningrise. I am normaly a ripjack guy but I thought I would play around a bit so I selected the flak cannon. Well in the first minute of me playing I killed the host with it. Right away he starts crying to me how I am a flak whore and says, "If you use that again I am going to ban you!" Also calls me a noob a few times. I killed him again with it and guess what? He banned me.

I HATE the word noob. Mainly because it really makes no sense. In this case how am I a flak whore because I killed one person with? I picked the weapon, and if I find explosive ammo I will use it! Just because I picked that weapon once suddenly I am a noob who can't get a kill without using that weapon.

legacy-9Cyph
07-29-2005, 03:19 AM
Did he catch the Poison Cloud Bug? I know for a fact it doesn't work in Instant Action. I've heard it works on live but I know it doesn't work on instant action. The moment they step outside the cloud the no longer lose damage.

What may confuse some people is that they still have that green mist above their head and they leave the cloud so they assume they are losing damage but they are not. Poison Cloud should effect the after they step outside the Cloud, just like the other poisons in the game, and every other Poison in every other video game ever created.

However I heard that it works on Xbox live so, in that case it would make it a full on Bug. Poison Cloud should also last longer. Not neccessarily the Cloud itself, but the duration in which it drains an enemy after they have left the Cloud.

legacy-BlackKnightOfH8
07-29-2005, 04:01 AM
Who cares if PC doesn't work offline and no it doesn't need to have a longer duration on an affected player. If that's the case why not make all skills last longer.

legacy-Xarai
07-29-2005, 04:23 AM
No the case is that its not effective for the most part at all. Its like if you could only use flash on someone on live but it didn't work right in instant action.

legacy-ra1n
07-29-2005, 06:25 AM
Best thing about instant action is that warrior spirit and berserk work the way they were designed. :D

joeGraf
07-29-2005, 07:45 AM
I just got word back from Midway that Microsoft has approved the patch, so we hope it will be made available for download early next week.

legacy-thariddler
07-29-2005, 07:47 AM
Nice one Joe, now all we need is some TDM/CTF Midway servers.

legacy-ShakaM
07-29-2005, 07:58 AM
WOOT WOOT.

legacy-thariddler
07-29-2005, 07:59 AM
I hope M$ uploads it later today, it's only like 2pm in the states. :(

CounterZeus
07-29-2005, 08:07 AM
I just got word back from Midway that Microsoft has approved the patch, so we hope it will be made available for download early next week.

[face_peace] Epic rulezzz [face_peace]

legacy-Fierce
07-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Feels like christmas. ;)

legacy-K7_Leetha
07-29-2005, 09:59 AM
Awesome news about the patch, feels like we've been waiting forever. Is there a "possibility" of it being available 7/29-7/30?

legacy-Frank_the_Avenger
07-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Well I have something I would like. The ability to spectate in dedicated mode. I think this is just about the only game with a dedicated mode that the host can't spectate. And it should not be too hard would it?It wouldn't be too hard, but then you'd lose all benefit of being a dedicated server; if a host has bad performance, that can cause bad client performance, so having the dedicated server not render anything makes sure it has no performance hiccups. So it is possible, but it would be bad. It'd essentially behave like a listen server.

As to the patch availability, MS won't ever release a patch on a Friday (which makes sense, as if there are any problems with the release, nobody would be able to do anything about it until Monday) so you'll never see a patch just before a weekend. Hence, hopefully early next week. :) But honestly they haven't told us when they plan to send it out.

Frank the Avenger

legacy-Brandon
07-29-2005, 10:22 AM
I hope next Monday, but I would doubt it because they would have to 99% done with it by Friday, today. Anyway, is this fix big compaired to other things that Microsoft goes, over, and I am looking for an answer from a moderator.

legacy-smuguf
07-29-2005, 10:36 AM
I hope microsoft doesn't screw around and gets it out SOON. They certified it much earlier than i anticipated.

legacy-Hell_Spunk
07-29-2005, 11:38 AM
Too early, if you ask me.

joeGraf
07-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Too early, if you ask me.

I don't mind people grumbling about the patch once it is released, but please refrain until you've downloaded and played it.

legacy-Hell_Spunk
07-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Its only speculation, harmless specualtion.

legacy-Netsurfer733
07-29-2005, 12:17 PM
[face_shock]

..........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Mmk now once more for good measure in response to joegraf's insanely awesome announcement:

...........aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

It's almost here!!! It's actually ALMOST here! First half of next week, WOOOT!!! Cheers to one of the best endings of the Summer ever :D (Why Im happy---i play SO much better with perfect lag than near-perfect lag ;) )

And I doubt it will be later than next week, right? It's already approved for pete's sake lol :)

EDIT: And about PC bug not working offline, whoever said who cares, well...i'm pretty sure this game's single player quality still matters to a good deal of people so...yea its good to recommend they fix it ;)

O and you're absolutely right, Ravid ;)

legacy-ShakaM
07-29-2005, 12:52 PM
So will we be able to re-reflect rockets for hours?

legacy-Xarai
07-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Yay it'll be there about the time that i get back!

legacy-K7_Leetha
07-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks for keeping us informed as to whats going on Epic! It is greatly appreciated.

legacy-Brandon
07-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Wait, how do we know it is certified? Where is the offical information?

legacy-thariddler
07-29-2005, 03:28 PM
joeGraf

Date Posted: 11:45am Subject: RE: UC2 Upgrade #1 now in Microsoft Certification testing

I belive joeGraf is a dev, by the way.

legacy-Brandon
07-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Oh, thanks, looks like I passed that page up, thanks Riddled.

legacy-thariddler
07-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Yes Brandon, and were still all waiting to see pictures of your hair over at pwNation. [face_raised_brow]

legacy-sicsicsic
07-29-2005, 03:59 PM
is the patch going to fix berserk, warrior spirit, and the wraith/homing glitches?

if not, this is something that would need to be done for upgrade 2.

legacy-Netsurfer733
07-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Thanks for keeping us informed as to whats going on Epic! It is greatly appreciated.

Seconded :D (and it goes without saying for everything else... keep it up and the world will love u guys even more, Epic :D )

And agreed, sicsicsic :)

legacy-augy
07-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Yes Brandon, and were still all waiting to see pictures of your hair over at pwNation. [face_raised_brow]
yeah, no ****. I posted mine, now everybody has to.

legacy-Frivolities
07-29-2005, 06:04 PM
will the stinger still suck?

legacy-thariddler
07-29-2005, 06:10 PM
The stinger dosen't suck... you just don't know how to use it properly.

legacy-Netsurfer733
07-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Heh I just go secondary then reflect it a 2nd time after they reflect it to me :D

legacy-Hell_Spunk
07-29-2005, 06:14 PM
Heh I just go secondary then reflect it a 2nd time after they reflect it to me :D

That works pretty well actually, for some reason they just dont see it coming the second time.

I tend to spam the stinger over people though, primary, because with steady aim it rips people apart.

snoogans460
07-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Yes, in a delightfully spiritual way, it does feel reminiscent of Christmas. This will sound kinda crazy, but I'm definitely going to appreciate the whole UC2 experience even more than if there would've been zero problems to begin with.

I mean, if the game always worked flawlessly from the beginning, we'd naturally take this aspect for granted with a complete lack of appreciation for the LIVE component.

It's kinda like buying a brand new Ferrari and then realizing it's not running at it's full potential. After tweaking the necessary elements though, you gain a deeper respect for the progress that was made.

- Thanks Epic!

legacy-Kamicosmos
07-30-2005, 01:35 AM
I hopped on Live for the first time in quite awhile (Been playing Guild Wars) early this morning after work. Had a couple hours of good gaming with a couple guys. Heard about the patch, came here to check it out.

Can't wait. All the bug fixes will be great. I'm the type of player that takes a match or two to warm up...and then I glitch out. Sigh. (today was good though, only lag when someone joined.)

But I am most looking forward to having the lights run a bit faster. I use Lauren almost exclusively, and am getting tired of having Anubis and Malcom catch up to me and melee me in the back, without Speed on! Argh!

legacy-Brandon
07-30-2005, 01:50 AM
I know, I got to get a picture up, but I can't do it soon. I promise I will get one up though.

legacy-SignOfEth
07-30-2005, 02:46 AM
Kamicosmos wrote:

"I use Lauren almost exclusively, and am getting tired of having Anubis and Malcom catch up to me and melee me in the back, without Speed on!"

I used to use Lauren all the time, but when Necris Selket became available I tried her out and it was a bittersweet surprise to learn she ran faster than Lauren, a fellow light. From what I've heard Lauren's speed, or lack thereof, is a bug that will hopefully be repaired in the upcoming patch.

legacy-Hell_Spunk
07-30-2005, 03:17 AM
Correct.

It is repaired.

legacy-Quagmir3
07-30-2005, 03:05 PM
I want to have your baby Epic!

uhh dont get too excited...

legacy-Quagmir3
07-30-2005, 03:08 PM
about time...but is it to late?

Its never too late to save a game.

legacy-Acid_2_140bpm
07-30-2005, 05:16 PM
It's quite ridiculous to give up on this game when this game hasn't been out for more than 6 months. I've been quite loyal to this game since it came out. It's called having patience.

legacy-smuguf
07-30-2005, 05:25 PM
It's quite ridiculous to give up on this game when this game hasn't been out for more than 6 months. I've been quite loyal to this game since it came out. It's called having patience.

couldn't have said it better myself, you deserve a purple heart (being injured in war)

legacy-Netsurfer733
07-30-2005, 06:03 PM
2 more days? (Monday) ?? [face_praying]

[face_dancing]

legacy-Sparezno1
07-30-2005, 10:49 PM
With the bug fixes and all,now im just more liable to getting my butt owned by the Superz. Lol.[face_laugh]

legacy-Hell_Spunk
07-31-2005, 03:26 AM
The fanbase has already been destroyed, whats left now is people who could over look the problems and keep playing, the hardcore gamers.

The patch came too late.

legacy-EP1K
07-31-2005, 05:22 AM
So... the voice glitching is still in?

legacy-Hell_Spunk
07-31-2005, 05:27 AM
So... the voice glitching is still in?

Voice glitch?

legacy-xWARPIGx
07-31-2005, 06:00 AM
The fanbase has already been destroyed, whats left now is people who could over look the problems and keep playing, the hardcore gamers.

The patch came too late.

Actually, I'm seeing lots of new people on this game everyday. I think the game went down in price or something. But this time they should stay because the patch is coming out real soon for them.

And the voice glitch is where you join a match and no one can hear you talk until the next game.

legacy-smuguf
07-31-2005, 08:29 AM
I've never heard of that voice glitch before, and i play pretty much every day. I have alot of times where peoples voices are REALLY quiet, but then the next match they're REALLY loud. Thats just weird, but that could just be them messing with their headset, or me accidentaly hitting volume.

legacy-xWARPIGx
07-31-2005, 09:37 AM
No, it's exactly how I said. I know because it happens to me sometimes.

legacy-EP1K
07-31-2005, 10:02 AM
Usually the last person to join an 8-man game can't be heard until the next round, sometimes with more then 1 person.

legacy-Prince_John
07-31-2005, 10:43 AM
I've seen alot of new players in the game recently. I just hope dont people start leaving because they play with those of us that waited it out and played this whole time and got really good. But I'm not complaining, it was weird playing with what seemed like the only 20 people that had this game (im exaggerating.).

legacy-augy
07-31-2005, 12:12 PM
Even more encouraging, several players who left the game ages ago are coming back around, perhaps in anticipation of the patch.

legacy-Ravid182
07-31-2005, 12:19 PM
Yeah lately I have been seeing tons of new players. Maybe it is because of the price drop(It is like what 30 everywere now?[except, for at least mine that is, for best buy which it is still at 50 for some reason]) I know what you mean about the people who just got the game. I hope they do stay. But I have one friend who seems to only play Ghost Recon 2. A couple of days ago I saw him playing this game. I don't think he has played this game since. Of coarse he could have just been borrowing it or renting it though.

legacy-deathlesslife
07-31-2005, 02:01 PM
Even more encouraging, several players who left the game ages ago are coming back around, perhaps in anticipation of the patch.

such as?

legacy-xWARPIGx
07-31-2005, 02:02 PM

such as?

legacy-Netsurfer733
07-31-2005, 06:42 PM

The patch came too late.

Nope, sorry. As everyone has said, there's more people playing now cuz of the price drop (30$ wow), and new patch oncoming.

So please don't expect us to view you as some all-knowing overseer of All Things UC2 :)

EDIT: It's august 1st! Pray for best case scenario which = less than a day until UC2 :D

legacy-Hell_Spunk
07-31-2005, 07:00 PM
Your blind to the truth, it is too late, there is less and less server's all the time, you think the dedicated server's are gonna be here forever?

New buyer's dont consider the patch.

Anyone who was going to buy the game, already has, the fact that its price dropped so sharply doesnt actually reflect well on the popularity of the game.

People could comeback, but seeying as most of the gay glitches dont seem to be fixed, the only REAL up is the bandwidth reduction. Which, let's be honest, didnt make much of a difference too the American Dedi's.

The patch will help a bit, give some people the ability to host 8 player's, but it won't effect client's much at all.

But then there is somthing we havnt considered yet, what if the patch creates problems that out-weigh what it fixed? Ever think of that? I know that one is a maybe, but im just saying, dont get your hopes up, that patch passed through M$ testing too fast for my liking.

legacy-xWARPIGx
07-31-2005, 07:19 PM
I don't know what you play, Hell Spunk, but I see new people in SV everyday. For a while, it was just the same people. Because of the price drop and the patch coming out real soon, people may actually start buying and playing this game again.

legacy-Hell_Spunk
07-31-2005, 07:25 PM
Strange, i dont see new people in DM.

Maybe people who are just playing DM/TDM are just trying SV out?

Because a price drop that steep doesnt reflect well.

legacy-xWARPIGx
07-31-2005, 07:31 PM
I think this game was about due for a price drop. I'm not sure what the norm is for a price drop, but it seem like 3 months is about right.

legacy-smuguf
07-31-2005, 07:33 PM
man hell spunk u really don't know what you're talking about. The glitches are all being fixed. I don't know wha tyou think the "gay glitches" are. The lock-ups are from LAG!!! Reduction in lag = less glitching out. There are still plenty of servers up. Everynight i see about 20 DM's up and running with people in them. I think if you'd stop being such a damn pessimest you might actually being looking forward to the patch.

legacy-Hell_Spunk
07-31-2005, 07:37 PM
man hell spunk u really don't know what you're talking about. The glitches are all being fixed. I don't know wha tyou think the "gay glitches" are. The lock-ups are from LAG!!! Reduction in lag = less glitching out. There are still plenty of servers up. Everynight i see about 20 DM's up and running with people in them. I think if you'd stop being such a damn pessimest you might actually being looking forward to the patch.

Optomism is pointless.

Who said the lock ups are because of lag? I've been in perfect server's, normal ping, 2 or 3 people, still glitched out, and its still ceased up.

Most of the weapon glitches arnt listed, nor where they answered by the Epic guy.

legacy-Netsurfer733
07-31-2005, 10:19 PM
Man I wish we could /ignore forum members like we can in MMO's lol....

But Hell Spunk, perhaps you're right, perhaps you're not. I believe you're not. So when the patch comes, we will all see how it goes :) Period.

But whatever you do, hell spunk, remember this: Don't endeavor to impose your views upon other people. And don't start telling everyone for certain that you have been somehow blessed with the almighty knowledge that optimism is pointless, because that's one of the dummest things I've ever heard.

So if we can all please move on to stating improvements/fixes we want to see that are NOT in the patch notes for Upgrade #1, that would be best :D The people who are doing the patch ARE ACTUALLY LOOKING AT THIS THREAD and that can't be said for basically every other thread out there now. So hell spunk, plz create a new topic for your talk, thank you :)

legacy-Captain_Karkos
07-31-2005, 10:49 PM

such as?

Peace Z. Augy, Jason and I have played with him a couple of times recently. Last night being one of them.

legacy-BrutalAsh
08-01-2005, 01:19 AM
Man I wish we could /ignore forum members like we can in MMO's lol....

But Hell Spunk, perhaps you're right, perhaps you're not. I believe you're not. So when the patch comes, we will all see how it goes :) Period.

But whatever you do, hell spunk, remember this: Don't endeavor to impose your views upon other people. And don't start telling everyone for certain that you have been somehow blessed with the almighty knowledge that optimism is pointless, because that's one of the dummest things I've ever heard.

So if we can all please move on to stating improvements/fixes we want to see that are NOT in the patch notes for Upgrade #1, that would be best :D The people who are doing the patch ARE ACTUALLY LOOKING AT THIS THREAD and that can't be said for basically every other thread out there now. So hell spunk, plz create a new topic for your talk, thank you :) Very well said!

legacy-Sniper_Archer
08-01-2005, 01:32 AM

legacy-Brandon
08-01-2005, 01:41 AM
Today might be the day for the upgrade to release.

legacy-deathlesslife
08-01-2005, 01:58 AM
Today might be the day for the upgrade to release.

no isht sherlock why do you always have to state the obvious?

legacy-iReProphecy
08-01-2005, 04:54 AM
No need to angry, ron.

legacy-K7_Leetha
08-01-2005, 07:09 AM
Can any developers let us know the status of when the patch will be available? I heard it was supposed to be today (Monday). Alot of people online are talking about it, wondering where it is.

legacy-Acid_2_140bpm
08-01-2005, 07:16 AM

To all of you who thought it would be out today. Who ever said anything about the patch being out on Monday? When Joe said early next week it could mean either today, tomorrow or Wednesday.

legacy-thariddler
08-01-2005, 07:24 AM
Most people assumed Microsoft will release it on Monday, it appears they are not that smart.

legacy-xWARPIGx
08-01-2005, 07:34 AM
If this was Halo 2, it would have been released promptly.

legacy-Ravid182
08-01-2005, 07:37 AM
Most people assumed Microsoft will release it on Monday, it appears they are not that smart.
http://forums.epicgames.com/All_things_UC2/b10666/20975200/?20

It seems you arn't smart either(niether am I, I thought it would be monday also[face_cry])

legacy-BillyTheKilly
08-01-2005, 07:38 AM
is the upgrade out today?

legacy-thariddler
08-01-2005, 07:41 AM
...Oh god.

legacy-Brandon
08-01-2005, 08:11 AM
Epic Games said early next week, that doesn't mean Monday, it could also be Tuesday or Wensday.

legacy-Mesoian
08-01-2005, 08:28 AM
UGH!!!!!!

I swear to god, if all the lag problems in this game aren't fixed with this new patch, I'm done.

I'm tired of losing matches by having the ripjack plat mines on myself, or my not being able to jump off walls, or me getting stuck IN walls, or rejections working, but still killing me!

FIX IT OR DON'T BOTHER!

This is (edit) that should have been fixed before the game was released. I'm so tired of putting up with this (edit).

Edited due to me being overly upset for losing 3 matches in a row due to stupid lag BS on the dedicated servers.

legacy-pA0n3
08-01-2005, 08:55 AM
when does this patch come out...?

legacy-iReProphecy
08-01-2005, 08:56 AM
In my opinion Tuesday.

legacy-smuguf
08-01-2005, 09:14 AM

thats cuz halo 2 is a cash cow right now. You know how much money microsoft is making because of that damn game? Of course they're gonna do everything for it as fast as possible. UC2 is nothing for microsoft except a bond with epic games, they can give a **** about getting the customers support with this game.

and i sure hope it comes out tuesday if not late today. I'd really like to get that patch.

legacy-Netsurfer733
08-01-2005, 09:30 AM

thats cuz halo 2 is a cash cow right now. You know how much money microsoft is making because of that damn game? Of course they're gonna do everything for it as fast as possible. UC2 is nothing for microsoft except a bond with epic games, they can give a **** about getting the customers support with this game.

and i sure hope it comes out tuesday if not late today. I'd really like to get that patch.

I guess that seems true at least to some degree... I dunno, is it true?

legacy-thariddler
08-01-2005, 09:31 AM
Yes.

legacy-Callisto_Xii
08-01-2005, 10:50 AM
damit...i was hoping today

Halo2 is getting boring

legacy-Mr_Winter
08-01-2005, 11:11 AM
WE GOING DOWN DOWN ON A MERRY GO ROUND, SUGAR WERE GOING DOWN SWINGING![face_dancing] Hi everyone

legacy-AntiSuperStar
08-01-2005, 02:16 PM
You must understand that Deathless, is saying what actually makes a noob. Not just saying that since something beats him it is for noobs. You couldn't obviously think that he gets owned by that.

That fact that you stand up for and defend that "tactic", says alot about how you are as a player.

If I want to Melee you then I will Melee you. If I want to rocket whore you, then I will rocket whore you. I'm sorry if it comes to that, it's apart of the game (even through I don't ever do crap like that, I count myself as an unreal junkie..guns are my first tastic..I rarley even use adrenlin). I am not trying to turn this into a flame war and I don't intend to. How can you judge me as a player when you probly never played me before? Thats shows WHAT kind of person you are. Again i'm sorry for this remark, but I must defend my point and will continue to till someone has somthing brilliant to say about this. (I'v seen a few Brilliant remarks, but this guys remark was somthing I had to respond to.) I will not respond to anymore remarks reguarding this topic, and if you rather continue this on PM me and we will take it to X-Box live (Talk or Game it out, don't matter to me), and I will show you how 'cheap' you claim I am. Thank You.

back on subject i'm glad the patch is comming out soon. : ). Epic never fails to amaze me.

legacy-xWARPIGx
08-01-2005, 02:29 PM
^I think everyone has already forgotten about it. So should you.

legacy-K7_Leetha
08-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Looks like no patch for Monday :(, I swear I have gone to the downloadable content section at least 20 times today hoping to see the upgrade. Oh well maybe late tonight?

legacy-Acid_2_140bpm
08-01-2005, 04:02 PM
not even....maybe within Tuesday or Early Wednesday

legacy-Netsurfer733
08-01-2005, 05:00 PM
I think someone said that Microsoft likes to release patches on Monday + Wednesday, so my guess is now Wednesday, unfortunately :( We'll see how it goes, though :D

snoogans460
08-01-2005, 05:12 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the patches will automatically update your system once signed into Xbox Live - no need to hit the downloadable content screen.

legacy-Hell_Spunk
08-02-2005, 02:00 AM
damit...i was hoping today

Halo2 is getting boring

It was always boring, such a bad game.

legacy-K7_Leetha
08-02-2005, 04:15 AM
Lots of speculation going on. Could we get some kind of official word on when its to be released?

legacy-Shrike
08-02-2005, 04:37 AM
I hope Epic considers Wednesday mid-week, because I want the patch today. I haven't played for so long.

legacy-Frank_the_Avenger
08-02-2005, 05:01 AM
We don't know when it's going to go out, guys, it's not up to us. The quote was 'HOPEFULLY early next week.' It passed cert, now they're doing whatever it is they do between cert and release. And we don't know what that is or even roughly how long that will take. So be patient.

Also, the patch had been at MS undergoing certification for a while before we announced it. It wasn't a two-day process or anything.

Frank the Avenger

legacy-thariddler
08-02-2005, 05:10 AM
If I were you, I would find out what was happening. If the patch has passed cert, what's to stop them releaseing it?