PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Tournament 2006 charactes ?

legacy-Snyder
04-19-2005, 07:19 AM
peaple say that the unreal champions 2 charactes wil be in unreal tournament 2006, not all of the charactes.

but if that is truw it will be great, just cool!!!!!!

legacy-VickissV3
04-19-2005, 08:27 AM
well most of the UC2 characters are alread in past UT games in some form

legacy-wartex
04-19-2005, 08:02 PM
The skaarj wont be in UT2006.. :/
I wonder why epic chose to leave them out this time around..

legacy-Snyder
04-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Maby is hardy to make or it takes to muts bits

fuegerstef
04-19-2005, 11:47 PM
The Nakhti/Anubians can go where Ra doesn't shine, imho ('xept Selket ;) ).
The other characters of UT Envy are fine. But' I'D like to see the Skaarj too.

But then there is a community that probably will do great Skaarj for us (remember the Necris Skins for UT2003/4)

The_Deacon
04-20-2005, 12:49 AM
Unreal (talking multiplayer), UT, UT2003 all had no 'proper' skaarj on release. Unreal had a crappy type of skaarj selectable for multi, but not the cool warriors though.

UT got it's skaarj (hybrids) in Bonus Pack 1

UT2003 got it's skaarj in it's huge bonus pack (UT2004) and then that got it's own bonus pack (ECE) with skaarj hybrids in.

I wouldn't count against getting skaarj at some point after release...

legacy-DoMiNaToR
04-20-2005, 07:38 AM
''Unreal had a crappy type of skaarj selectable for multi, but not the cool warriors though. ''

eh, those are the Skaarj Troopers, are like warriors but with shorter tail dude, and they are not crappy...
but they would be much better if they could activate the shield and do the default Trooper anims.

legacy-wartex
04-20-2005, 08:24 AM
"Unreal (talking multiplayer), UT, UT2003 all had no 'proper' skaarj on release. Unreal had a crappy type of skaarj selectable for multi, but not the cool warriors though.

UT got it's skaarj (hybrids) in Bonus Pack 1

UT2003 got it's skaarj in it's huge bonus pack (UT2004) and then that got it's own bonus pack (ECE) with skaarj hybrids in.

I wouldn't count against getting skaarj at some point after release..."

Yeah, true did'nt really think about it
UT2k4 is the only UT with a skaarj model from start, but basicly, just like you said, ut2k4 is a huge bonus pack, so it does'nt really count. Guess that makes Unreal 1 the only real skaarj carrier..

legacy-Retodon8
04-20-2005, 09:08 AM
UT by that logic, sort of, is a huge bonus pack for Unreal, so why are you discriminating between those 2?
If Epic had taken away the UT2003 content from UT2004 and released the game like that, it would've still been a better, more complete game than some companies release.
Besides, even if it was a bonus pack that cost money, it would've been the only bonus pack (unless you count UT like I did as a silly example) Epic didn't release for free, again unlike many other companies.
I just don't understand the negative feelings towards Epic by some people.

legacy-VickissV3
04-20-2005, 10:27 AM
whos discriminating and having negative feelings?

The_Deacon
04-21-2005, 01:07 AM
I made the disticntion between Unreal and UT for the following reasons:
- Unreal was primarily a single player game and the multiplayer wasn't polished till later down the line.
- UT was primarily a multiplayer game, with only a token single player element. Granted, the UT started out as an add-on idea for Unreal, but because of the scale of the project (and probably news of Quake 3 Arena), it became it's own entity.
- UT didn't include all the content of Unreal (yes I know it had the unreal classes and the monsters etc, but not as a default element of the game.

Now for UT2003 -> UT2004
- Both primarily multiplayer
- Yes, UT2004 added two new gametypes, and a host of new maps/chars etc. I just don't consider it to be a large enough leap to really consider it a completely new game. Not least because:
- All UT2003 content included in UT2004 (save for a few bits that just couldn't make the leap. e.g. Lavagiant2) How can I consider it a totally new game when half the content isn't original?

That's my reasoning.

legacy-pop_pip
04-21-2005, 05:05 AM
Hopefully Anubis, and Selket will make appearances. Devastation too :).

legacy-Dusk
04-21-2005, 07:16 AM
According to the info from CGW about UT Envy(next UT on pc) there will be 8 teams.

Nakhti
Necris
Juggernaughts
The Corrupt
The Iron Guard
Krall
Marines(unknown name)
Thundercrash

legacy-wartex
04-21-2005, 08:36 AM
the Corrupt are.. Mr. Crow, Domina etc?

It'll be interesting to see the necris return.

However, I'd like the nakhti removed, never really liked them (except for anubis), they're not ugly or anything, but not as interesting as the rest of the teams/races.

legacy-VickissV3
04-21-2005, 09:17 AM
The Corrupt are Xan and his crew of robots.

legacy-Grimlock
04-23-2005, 02:54 AM
I'm so glad to see that Mr Crow and his shambling Juggalos will NOT be making a return.

legacy-Rubberhead
04-24-2005, 02:17 AM
True, I always tought those were over-the-top
I liked the Egyptians in 2003, but those fomr UC2 can kick their butt anyday. I want Anubis and Selket for sure!

Ps: Epic, if you consider putting in Saphire, please give her back that armoured look, the one in UC2 looks totaly out of place, the one skin i didn't like.

legacy-Snyder
04-24-2005, 05:55 AM
i now but helo (only for xbox)

i got helo on my pc u can bay is in the store for the pc

legacy-UndeadMessenger
04-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Type correctly dammit! It's hard to read like that.

SkateXer99
04-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Don't make fun of one's typing skills or language for that matter.

Now for an on-topic post! YAY!

I know for a fact Anubis and Selket wont be in 2006. Sobek, on the other hand, just might appear. Other than that, there's only Opophis and the many other Nakhti warriors, but I doubt they'll be in.

So basically, high hopes for the likely Sobek.

legacy-Retodon8
04-26-2005, 10:47 PM
UC2 takes place before Envy, and since Anubis doesn't have any previous Tournament experience, he can't feature in Envy, or it'd screw up the storyline.
I'm pretty sure the same goes for Selket.
Sobek however clearly mentions in UC2 he has experience in the Liandry circuit, so he will probably feature.
I don't know about the other new characters, as I haven't played their ladders yet in UC2.
Some of them are mentioned to be new fighters, like Devestation, so she won't be in Envy either of course.

SkateXer99
04-27-2005, 03:55 AM
I thought Envy was before, meh. Well, it woulda made sense, and could've cleared up the empty voids created by UC2. But Anubis was entered in the tournament right after the ascension rites. It's what the Tournament singleplayer is, [spoiler] it's you winning to pay for Selket's necris process [spoiler].

legacy-Snyder
04-28-2005, 12:05 AM
Hey UndeadMessenger is u where dyslectie

thane u will make wrong things whit langwits

so shut up

legacy-Retodon8
04-28-2005, 12:20 AM
SkateXer99, Epic mentioned the right chronological order of the games here: http://forums.epicgames.com/message.asp?topic=18831703
(With the maximum amount of posts per thread page it's on page 2, don't know on which page with default forum settings.)

Hmmm, now that I think about it...
Anubis was signed in for the Tournaments "10 years ago", or at least he was supposed to fight then, so perhaps he did play a few matches before leaving for the Desert Legion after all.

This timeline thing could end up weird.
If Overdose ends up being really popular, Epic can't use it in Envy without screwing up the timeline.
After all, it's clearly mentioned it's a new gametype being tried out in the Ascension Rites, before it will/won't feature in the Tournament, in the storyline itself.
Then again, it's a sci-fi-isch storyline, so a little Wormhole here or a time machine there and Epic will have an excuse to put it in anyway.