PDA

View Full Version : The offical Sniper Rifle using guide to perfection.

legacy-WorldofUnreal018
05-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Many of you enjoyed my Ripjack guide,and also requested a Sniper Rifle one. Over the past week i've been mastering it,and I finally came up with lots of tips while using it,enjoy :)

~~The Sniper Rifle~~

Many of you look at UC2 and think "fast paced action!" then you look at the sniper rifle and think "Theres no time to sniper in this game!" Behold,for you are wrong :)

The sniper rifle is different this time around. Its primary now shoows 3 vertical shots,and its alt is zoom in,with a orange laser shot. As I said before, most people find this weapon useless. Allow me to prove ya wrong :)

Now, a lot of the levels are close combat,so I suggest using the sniper rifle on the LARGE maps. Don't get me wrong, it proves useful on the small maps too.
--
That's nice,now how do I use it?

Well, the sniper rifle can obvoiusly be used as a sniper....rifle. Duh. However, the most overlooked thing about it is its primary fire,the triple shot. I call this the SHOTGUN. Why? Because thats exactly what it should be used for. Lets say your sniping on Solar Flare. You fire...but wait! You miss and draw the enemie's attention! He's charging at you. What do you do?! You get out of zoom,and give him a nice triple blast in the chest. The triple blast will be an insta kill about 78% of the time,depending on who your facing.

But wait,he's not dead. If he didn't die from the blast, he will barely have any HP left...so you can fire again or chop him with you melee weapon.
---
Whats that you say? No headshots unzoomed?

yes its true. You cannot get a headshot if your not zoomed in. Why? Blancing. If you could get a head shot,and you fire 3 shots in a line...well,you'd always get a headshot!

However, don't let this get you down about it. Remeber that the sniper rfile is made of two things: A shotgun, and a sniper rifle!
--
Id like to master it,but how do I go about doing that?

Practice! The sniper rifle is very hard to master due to UC2's fast paced gameplay. However, remeber that your enemy will NOT reflect the shot back at you 96% of the time!

Mastering tips:

1) Aim carefully. A perfect sniper never misses a shot. Only fire if you know its a kill shot,or a headshot. Don't waste ammo!

2)Unfornatly if your double jointed in the tumbs(like me) you may have problems aiming while moving. You can easily fix this problem by buying a smaller XBOX controller, or by keeping part of the thumb off of the stick(allowing you to turn faster)

3) Most people have problems hitting moving targets. Don't forget about the good ol' shotgun attachment. If they're running, fire in the air so the bottom shot hits them.

4) If they pull out their melee, find a wall and backflip off it and fire a shoot at thier feet. This will give you extra time to run or fire again.

Hope you enjoyed it, I will upgrade it with a Moves section sometime soon! :P

legacy-Junior
05-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Great guide. For me so far the sniper is the easiest energy weapon to use next to the stinger. At first I was like wtf how do you espect to snipe when people are bouncing all over the place. Then I played assention rights and they had that one hit kill game. Had no choice but to learn to hit a moving target then. Once I did I realised something, the light bulb clicked. I DON'T NEED HEAD SHOTS TO USE THIS RIFFLE. 2 or 3 shots anywhere and your oponent is dead. The hard part is landing those shots. I can do that a lot better now so I don't even scope. I just dance around people with light characters popping off shots and watching them die. The sniper + light character = OWNAGE. Especially for melee noobs who do nothing but charge at you all day. The sniper reminds me a lot fo the pistol in Halo CE (I know this is an unreal board but I'm also a halo fanboy:)) Its a three shot kill. The only difference is you don't need head shots but your targets are highly mobile so its a little harder to use.

I would like to see some of your advice on the shock riffle by the way. I must have the wosre depth perception in the world cause I can't seem to judge the distances right. Hopefully after some playing time, only had the game for a couple of days, I'll get better at it. Would like to take on some of the better players on this board but after seeing that one guy's video with the shock riffle I aint ready yet.lol

legacy-PsyChoTwit
05-05-2005, 07:09 PM
thank you for the help

legacy-FIREHWK
05-06-2005, 07:33 AM
ya, that was helpfull, nice job!

legacy-FViral
05-06-2005, 08:17 AM
Sniper is also best combined with the flak cannon, they both complement eachother well I think.

legacy-D4rkC1own187
05-09-2005, 07:10 AM
The guide actually help me. The guide that you wrote before this one what was it about.

legacy-BigLoki
05-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Thanks a lot. This stuff is great

legacy-ra1n
05-09-2005, 07:13 PM
sniper + grenade launcher u lead towards the non mine side :) it improved my head shots a lot. also aim for items u will learn the head shot distance pretty quick and just turn ur vertical down and try and keep ur view centered it takes time to learn it but the effects are godlike :)

legacy-cry_to_the_heavens
05-24-2005, 04:45 AM
are you aware that Adept bots can and will reflect and thing point blank back in your face, sniper, flak, doesnt matter.

legacy-Murphy
05-25-2005, 04:03 AM
I play against godlike most of the time and they only reflect 1 out of 6 shots or so.

legacy-Spartan_15
05-25-2005, 01:02 PM
"yes its true. You cannot get a headshot if your not zoomed in. Why? Blancing. If you could get a head shot,and you fire 3 shots in a line...well,you'd always get a headshot!"

that is a lie.
i got a headshot and i wasnt zoomed in

but good guide
-_-

legacy-ALiMoE
05-26-2005, 02:58 AM
just turn ur vertical down and try and keep ur view centered

What exactly does that mean? Turn the X down a couple of notches?

05-26-2005, 06:01 AM
whenever i get close with a sniper or a flak, they reflect it. always.

legacy-Holy_Avenger
05-26-2005, 06:06 AM
You can try shooting after they reflect, or not shooting it the instant it reloads so they can't predict your shots based off of reload time.

05-26-2005, 11:52 AM
i play as a light, so as soon as they reflect it, i die

legacy-Holy_Avenger
05-27-2005, 02:23 AM
So shoot after they reflect, once their arm moves and then goes back to normal position shoot. It's a little harder when they're in your face but not too much.