PDA

View Full Version : UT 2007 -- have server browser list human players only

legacy-DagnyTaggart
06-01-2005, 11:24 AM
I hope that the server browser in UT 2007, which is a very very important element of the game, lists only human players on the servers and not bots. A proper listing should look like this:

(number of humans in the server) / (maximum number allowed). So, for a server that has seven people playing on it with a maximum number of six people, the listing might look like:

CTF server: 7/16

I say all of this because when people go to play online, presumably they intend to play with other people and not bots and because it is other human players that make the game, not bots. After all, if someone wanted to play with bots, then what would be the point of going online?

Another wish I have for the server browser would be for people to be able to set up multiple categories of "Favorites" and also for the browser to be able to sort servers in multiple ways -- such as by map name + number of people playing (giving people the option as to how they should be prioritized). I'd really like to see the ability to sort servers by the mods that they are running. So for example, if I wanted to find a server that was hosting CTF with regular weapons and without any kinds of mods (like relics, low gravity, etc.) I could quickly identify them instead of its being a mystery.

But most importantly, please, please don't count bots as players because they are far inferior to the enjoyment that comes from playing with real human players.

legacy-Brandon
06-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Isn't this how it already works?

legacy-DagnyTaggart
06-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Doesn't UT 2003/2004 include bots in the player counts? That's what I'd heard.

legacy-Vice_M
06-01-2005, 06:35 PM
ut2003/2004 counts bots as players, annoying it is. one must click on tehs erer and watch the little details pop up below, and if you see humans, then the server is populated. Annoying it is, ut99 is missed :(

-----------------
begone adrenaline, relics wru

fuegerstef
06-02-2005, 12:42 AM
I don't see the problem here at all...

I just filter out bots with UT2004... ...so I only get servers with only human players listed...

...or did I miss something????????

legacy-187-Lostsoul
06-02-2005, 06:59 AM
I only use my buddy list, favorites or Xfire to find matches.