PDA

View Full Version : Cover System

SKM D34TH
08-14-2006, 10:26 PM
So i have a few Questions on the Cover/ Soft cover System.

1. Can all cover be Destroyed. Example, Im covering a Brick Wall. a Locust player shots a Rocket at the Wall what happens?

2. Will we be able to see the Damage? Example, Im Covering behind a Torn up sofa or coach can i see the Damage of the enemies bullets thus being able tell when the cover is about to give.

3. Can Bullets Travel through Soft Cover? Example, Will some cover offer very little Protection that bullets can pass through thee cover and Hit me, and if so will they Do less damage then a Hit when im out in the Open.

uR wOrSt nIgHtMaRe
08-14-2006, 10:33 PM
those are pretty good questions

Headbanger145
08-14-2006, 11:44 PM
in SP cover is destrucible but not sure on MP or the other questions

Tenspeed
08-14-2006, 11:47 PM
A wall probably isn't destructible but certain pillars are I believe, then there are couches in a mansion which do get destroyed over time, and cars also I believe so yes some cover gets destroyd but i'm not sure about shooting through it, because then I don't think many people would use it, but you can shoot through the car windows and stuff I think.

Zoso Fan
08-15-2006, 12:19 AM
1. Having every peice of cover destructable wouldnt work in a game (it would take away from gameplay) that being said, things that would realisticly break like wood and a sofa (examples used by EPIC) will be destroyed. You can also create cover by making something like a pillar fall down and then getting behind it, as well as making things fall on enemies.

2. I pretty sure its been said that you will know when cover is about to be completely useless. If it is gradual decay hasnt been confirmed. i think.

3. I think getting behind soft cover will protect you better than being in the open, but you will definately need to find some other cover to get behind if you want to survive.

Might want to PM someone from EPIC or maybe talk to someone who does the IRC chats and relay this info to them so they can ask Cliff or Mark or whoever is there at the time from EPIC.

Hope this helps

HorTyS
08-15-2006, 01:26 AM
yeah, not everything is destructable. i remember that video where the guy is shooting the 'boomshot' when marcus was behind a destroyed car and it didn't do anything to the cover. i thought the cars would at least react to an assault like that... but oh well.

Uday23
08-15-2006, 02:07 AM
So i have a few Questions on the Cover/ Soft cover System.

1. Can all cover be Destroyed. Example, Im covering a Brick Wall. a Locust player shots a Rocket at the Wall what happens?

2. Will we be able to see the Damage? Example, Im Covering behind a Torn up sofa or coach can i see the Damage of the enemies bullets thus being able tell when the cover is about to give.

3. Can Bullets Travel through Soft Cover? Example, Will some cover offer very little Protection that bullets can pass through thee cover and Hit me, and if so will they Do less damage then a Hit when im out in the Open.

1. no only some

2. yes

3. yes, but eventually the cover will be gone and u will be just as vunerlable

Tenspeed
08-15-2006, 02:13 AM
yeah, not everything is destructable. i remember that video where the guy is shooting the 'boomshot' when marcus was behind a destroyed car and it didn't do anything to the cover. i thought the cars would at least react to an assault like that... but oh well.
Yes but it wasn't a direct hit, just near the car, you probably have to actually hit it to do damage, and there also could have been damage it just wasn't visible yet.

SKM D34TH
08-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Cool thanks guys , just wanted to know those things for future reference.

Skiddywinks
08-15-2006, 04:09 PM
So what, bullets will go through softer obstacles, but it will lesson their overall power? Up until the cover is destroyed completely?

Awesome.

cakemonkey
08-15-2006, 04:13 PM
who cares, i just want to shoot the birds, can I that please, I want to zap the bugs in that prizon chamber I saw on the internet, I want to blow up the wenches