PDA

View Full Version : Little Kids in Gears of War?

GameFace
08-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Who thinks GoW will end up like Halo2 with 5year olds playing? What happened to the M rating? Do parents not care anymore? Please say Gears of War wont end up being the next halo2, with little kids everywhere, i want this game to be a Mature place not kids screaming swear word after swear word at me for taking the sniper rifle or something.

rEDChief55
08-08-2006, 03:33 PM
i know what you mean

cakemonkey
08-08-2006, 04:00 PM
I hear you, their all over COD 2, mostly 12 and up, havent seen anyone below that, I leave the game and start a new one, or i will boot them, that better be an option in gears, boot and let the next guy on

cakemonkey
08-08-2006, 04:09 PM
I hope fckl is kidding, there was a kid on who said " whats a teaba$" and a grownup told him, the kid was 13, i dont need him calling everyone that, 13 years olds should not be playing with us and grownups souldnt be telling them this stuff!

ThunderBunny4
08-08-2006, 04:26 PM
well i think kids would be fine, just not the kids that are just getting so mad, and cursing a lot, i mean im 14 myself, but the thing is, i play a lot of games like halo 2 and that, and i dont say much, i dont care wat ppl do, but then i have a friend, who is also 14, and he is exactly wat i hate, and wat you guys hate, if something goes how he doesnt like he will start cursing and saying all this crap, i mean after all its just a game, i think it just matters how you can handle yourself in a game, because me, im fine, i dont say anything that make others mad or worry about those who do make me mad, but i have played older kids, in thier 20's on halo 2 who are always flipping out, so really, i want to be able to play with ppl who understand it is just a game and dont flip out over every little thing that doesnt go their way

Cole A
08-08-2006, 04:26 PM
i'm 15 but i'm a mature gamer a hate going into a game filled with kids.it's the parents we have to blam i mean i was at eb games and some parent was buying condemmed for i five year old i was like yeah your a good parent and she turned around and said to me well it's only a game so who cares. i really hope there's no kids in the game

TipsyMonk
08-08-2006, 04:31 PM
I think in Michigan its illegal for children under seventeen to posess an M rated video game. Which is crap in my opinion.

cakemonkey
08-08-2006, 04:35 PM
thats cool, Im saying that most of the kids old enough to play like 12 and 13 ruin the fun for everyone, not saying everyone, most players are in their late 20`s I find, they get pissed sometime, but mostly dont say anything till after the match unless its info on where a guy is located or info that relates to the game, I started playing games on nes and worked my way up.

BEALbeal 485
08-08-2006, 04:37 PM
im not gonna lie, i do talk smack... but that is only when im provoked, i disagree with all of you i think its funny when someone thinks their tough on halo when they are probably shy little nerds in real life

cakemonkey
08-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Ive been playing m rated games all my life, i dont play because its rated m, i play because its a good game that got good reviews, zelda for 64 is the best game ive ever played and its e, yes i have player re4, halo, gow, ffx, mgs 2,so on and so forth.

ThunderBunny4
08-08-2006, 04:39 PM
I think in Michigan its illegal for children under seventeen to posess an M rated video game. Which is crap in my opinion.

i think it is crap to, because at 14 i am more mature than some adults, so i dont think anyone has a right to say yo cant play this because you arent old enough, i may not be old enough but i am sure more mature than those ppl who thought of that no M rated games if you are under 17, it is just a game, i mean let it go, if they dont want their kids playing it, then dont let them get it, its really not that hard, and if your kid is playing it and you dont liek the game, most of the time you have to have a parent there when you get a mature game, so they should blame themselves.

cakemonkey
08-08-2006, 04:40 PM
It can be funny to a degree

Cole A
08-08-2006, 04:41 PM
only time i even talk in a game is to warn someone about what stuff they have or where thay are or when idiots have killed them selfs 20 times when i have 20 kills and yes i'm talking about halo 2

Cover is a friend
08-08-2006, 04:47 PM
You people disgust me! Here you are saying too many immature people get on and play live but here you are on a video game forum! Yes, we kids have a right because were stuck at home all day until school starts again but you guys, With the exception of Zoso are probably all alone and living in your moms basement. Get a job!

cakemonkey
08-08-2006, 04:48 PM
cole a is the good multiplayer to play with, but bragging i annoying, i have my good games and bab, really bad, sometimes i dont play to win but to have fun, fun does not come with 12 year old billy calling people teaba&s

cakemonkey
08-08-2006, 04:53 PM
games are not just for kids, i dont care how old I am, I will play games untill they are not fun anymore, there was a big ps2 drought and I played zip for 2 years till god of war came out.

MR Swede
08-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Im 15 years old, and the Halo2 multiplayer experience was ruined for me, not beacause of some 9 och 13 year old KID was screaming obscene things as soon as he/she was out of ammo or he/she died.
No it wasen't because of their age, it was beacuse they didn't grasp the concept that a game is all fiction no matter how realistic it may be or look.
It's true that gamers are becoming younger, but even a 9 year old person can hold his mouth when sometihng bad happens.
Games that has a rank system such as BF:MC or Chromehounds, have been taken a bit to serious i think.
Once, a person yelled at me because i didn't drop him off at a building that he requested (i was to busy saving my teammates from a tank) so he voted to "kick" me and yelled at me that i should listen to him beacuse he has a higher rank.
I Told him that he can stick that rank up is A** if he like to, because once he turns off his console that rank doesen't mean anything at all.
This person was about 18 maybe, hard to tell but he still acted like somebody like you guys described but in another age..
I think that there are far to FEW people that are NOT affected by games and far to MANY that are..
So am I hoping that there will be less young people on Gow.. yes i guess, but im hoping MORE on that there be less IMATURE people on GoW.

cakemonkey
08-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Im 17 for the record and I no longer need my parents to buy my games with me, even though there are cool people at gamestop who sell them to me underage at my time, personal insults piss me off but I forget about it and move on.

VeniVediVeci
08-08-2006, 05:13 PM

yeah, i live in michigan, it's not illegal to posses an m rated game, just to buy one, which is odd, cause i am 15 and eb games has sold me games that are m rated... and they don't even care...

cakemonkey
08-08-2006, 05:17 PM
if killzone is shown a tgs and re5 is ps3 exclusive, epic can say goodbye to gears stoping the ps3 launch. not to change the subject, g4tv's adam sesler says gears can stop the ps3 launch if they addvertise the hell out of it

ThunderBunny4
08-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Im 15 years old, and the Halo2 multiplayer experience was ruined for me, not beacause of some 9 och 13 year old KID was screaming obscene things as soon as he/she was out of ammo or he/she died.
No it wasen't because of their age, it was beacuse they didn't grasp the concept that a game is all fiction no matter how realistic it may be or look.
It's true that gamers are becoming younger, but even a 9 year old person can hold his mouth when sometihng bad happens.
Games that has a rank system such as BF:MC or Chromehounds, have been taken a bit to serious i think.
Once, a person yelled at me because i didn't drop him off at a building that he requested (i was to busy saving my teammates from a tank) so he voted to "kick" me and yelled at me that i should listen to him beacuse he has a higher rank.
I Told him that he can stick that rank up is A** if he like to, because once he turns off his console that rank doesen't mean anything at all.
This person was about 18 maybe, hard to tell but he still acted like somebody like you guys described but in another age..
I think that there are far to FEW people that are NOT affected by games and far to MANY that are..
So am I hoping that there will be less young people on Gow.. yes i guess, but im hoping MORE on that there be less IMATURE people on GoW.

exactly, its nothing about age, it is about how mature you are, almost all my problems on halo 2 arent from 9 year olds, they are from 18 year olds and 20 year olds, its more like the kids that are out of high school, so i hope gears will find ways to find the people that are really imature and get them out of the game, becuase im tired of people thinking because im young im imature, yet they go and scream their lungs out because you did something they didnt want you to

cakemonkey
08-08-2006, 05:29 PM
if killzone is shown a tgs and re5 is ps3 exclusive, epic can say goodbye to gears stoping the ps3 launch. not to change the subject, g4tv's adam sesler says gears can stop the ps3 launch if they addvertise the hell out of it, www.g4tv.com I never have issues with older players, sounds like you dont like them because imature players are under 18, being that m stands for mature

Urbani666
08-08-2006, 05:31 PM
I have had so many people do that kind of stuff on COD 2, I won a round and some 20 year old starting saying he gets more pu*** then I do and called me a *** , But I reltaliated (That is what anyone would do) when I lose I say good game guys , but also when I lose other people say I suck and they kick me.I hate those people that abuse XBL with the headsets and just kick people because of there name or how they play or talk , I said to these guys that I was gonna let my sister(10yrs old) play and she isn't very god and then they said aww hell no and then they kicked me , I felt like killing them for real.

thephantom13
08-08-2006, 05:32 PM
The thing that i hate is the stupid little kids who get on Halo 2 and start singing or screaming nonsense into the mic the ENTIRE game. That drives me nuts. I also can't stand when if you take the sniper or something they want, they'll find you and kill you even though you are on the same team, its just stupid

ThunderBunny4
08-08-2006, 05:36 PM
that is stupid, i have had it happen, i always hat ppl who are making annoying sounds into their mic the whole game or kill you for a weapon making your team lose a kill, espically if you are better than them or you are losing already

cakemonkey
08-08-2006, 05:41 PM
why couldnt you run and shoot in re4 but in gears you can?

gamerboy228
08-08-2006, 05:42 PM
i dont mind if there are little kids yelling obscene things. its more fun to kill them because they think that theyre so great at the game.

thephantom13
08-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Yep, its that sort of stuff that ruins the multiplayer aspect of stuff for me. Now sometimes when I'm in a private party with friends or at our own LAN then we do that to each other as a joke, but when your online doing it because you didn't get your way is total immaturity.

cakemonkey
08-08-2006, 05:46 PM
no, i take that back, lag by slow internet users pisses me off!

Hanji
08-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Well, Kiddies on Multiplayer??!?? Oooooh, bring back some funny, and some frustrating memories, I'm a PC gamer, but I have seen kids on Halo 2 multi, omg, Ok, I sometimes play America's Army, and...... and...... a 12, or maybe 14, joins the game on Defence, I own people in underground tunnels with AR, and he calls me an Aimbotter and tries to kick me out of the server, cause I got strangely high points than other people(500++ compare to others with 150+), I got kicked, and I think its funny, cause I unbalanced the game, thats all.

cakemonkey
08-08-2006, 05:51 PM
I love army of darkness-hanji-epic most be going crazy, this is my 50th post today, but it is good stuff

cakemonkey
08-08-2006, 06:02 PM
hay flak or someone from epic, i need some feedback, hello, hello, read my posts, its good crap

thephantom13
08-08-2006, 06:06 PM
dude cakemonkey calm down and don't be an attention whore

cakemonkey
08-08-2006, 06:09 PM
all right dude, I need some sleep, I've been posting for a while, show me some slack

Shadow Snipe
08-08-2006, 06:41 PM
I hope for no little Kids.

MR Swede
08-08-2006, 06:41 PM
exactly, its nothing about age, it is about how mature you are, almost all my problems on halo 2 arent from 9 year olds, they are from 18 year olds and 20 year olds, its more like the kids that are out of high school, so i hope gears will find ways to find the people that are really imature and get them out of the game, becuase im tired of people thinking because im young im imature, yet they go and scream their lungs out because you did something they didnt want you to

exactly man

Hades2000
08-08-2006, 06:46 PM
I could care less, I've encountered more immature adults and teens than five year olds. They aren't really the problem.

thephantom13
08-08-2006, 06:57 PM
No worries cake, just relax and get some sleep, lol.

cakemonkey
08-08-2006, 07:13 PM
thankyou, watch my back, im going to bed now, be back mannana mabey

Weebs
08-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Even though it is quite suprising, there not 5, not 10, but all 13-16 =0!! I'm 14 and those kind of kids that scream, squel, curse like no tomorow, go to my school and I can't stand them.

Cole A
08-08-2006, 08:28 PM
i just hope parents learn that mature games arn't for 5 year olds

Cole A
08-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Even though it is quite suprising, there not 5, not 10, but all 13-16 =0!! I'm 14 and those kind of kids that scream, squel, curse like no tomorow, go to my school and I can't stand them.
i go to school with lots of people like that and at the start of the year i was friends with them but now i can't stand them
but my friends i've had since grade seven are mature good gamers and there my age but then there are 20 year olds who are worst then then the 9 year olds who are just as bad

DeadPool
08-08-2006, 09:26 PM
well i think kids would be fine, just not the kids that are just getting so mad, and cursing a lot, i mean im 14 myself, but the thing is, i play a lot of games like halo 2 and that, and i dont say much, i dont care wat ppl do, but then i have a friend, who is also 14, and he is exactly wat i hate, and wat you guys hate, if something goes how he doesnt like he will start cursing and saying all this crap, i mean after all its just a game, i think it just matters how you can handle yourself in a game, because me, im fine, i dont say anything that make others mad or worry about those who do make me mad, but i have played older kids, in thier 20's on halo 2 who are always flipping out, so really, i want to be able to play with ppl who understand it is just a game and dont flip out over every little thing that doesnt go their way
ur sayin a helluva lot right now, junior...jk:D

WreckHavoc
08-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Well, Kiddies on Multiplayer??!?? Oooooh, bring back some funny, and some frustrating memories, I'm a PC gamer, but I have seen kids on Halo 2 multi, omg, Ok, I sometimes play America's Army, and...... and...... a 12, or maybe 14, joins the game on Defence, I own people in underground tunnels with AR, and he calls me an Aimbotter and tries to kick me out of the server, cause I got strangely high points than other people(500++ compare to others with 150+), I got kicked, and I think its funny, cause I unbalanced the game, thats all.

Kids gotta love em.

Cole A
08-08-2006, 10:33 PM
the one thing i'm also worried about is those people who just keep killing themselfs in games one game in halo 2 everyone exept me was just killing them selfs we won by negitive 4 well the other team had negitive 20 now that's somthing else i'm worried about

yoyo209
if killzone is shown a tgs and re5 is ps3 exclusive, epic can say goodbye to gears stoping the ps3 launch. not to change the subject, g4tv's adam sesler says gears can stop the ps3 launch if they addvertise the hell out of it, www.g4tv.com I never have issues with older players, sounds like you dont like them because imature players are under 18, being that m stands for mature

re5 (resident evil 5) is (surprisingly) for the 360.

JizzO
Well, kids aren't the only ones that say swear word after swear word; you need to think of all the people that play Halo. Just a bit ago I was playing with some friends and some 20+ year olds were swearing left and right being so obnoxious. It's not just kids, but I hope it's nothing like Halo, and I don't think it will be. My reasoning is that since this game will take skill and not just good Twitching skills, there will not be a lot of "average gamers". So I think it will be noting like it.

Cole A
08-08-2006, 10:35 PM
re5 (resident evil 5) is (surprisingly) for the 360. so it is for the 360

yoyo209
08-08-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm 13, but I don't act like those kids. It's pretty cool, cause in halo 2 everyone thinks I'm 17 or 18. I have a deep voice. But when little kids start screaming and stuff and drive me crazy I don't like them. But if they don't complain or anything then they can be pretty cool. the good thing about halo 2 is you can mute peoples voice. I hope GOW has that feature.

yoyo209
08-08-2006, 10:37 PM
so it is for the 360

yes its for the 360

JizzO
08-08-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm 13, but I don't act like those kids. It's pretty cool, cause in halo 2 everyone thinks I'm 17 or 18. I have a deep voice. But when little kids start screaming and stuff and drive me crazy I don't like them. But if they don't complain or anything then they can be pretty cool. the good thing about halo 2 is you can mute peoples voice. I hope GOW has that feature.

All you have to do is go to the players Gamercard and hit "Mute Player" and viola, one muted immature loser down :D.

yoyo209
08-08-2006, 10:39 PM
All you have to do is go to the players Gamercard and hit "Mute Player" and viola, one muted immature loser down :D.

I know, isn't it great?

Cole A
08-08-2006, 10:39 PM
that's good the 360 needs some more good games on it

yoyo209
08-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Yep. Fear, GOW, Halo 3, saints row, god father 2 and other great games are coming to the 360.

JizzO
08-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Yep. Fear, GOW, Halo 3, saints row, god father 2 and other great games are coming to the 360.

Don't forget Fuzion Frenzy 2!!!

yoyo209
08-08-2006, 10:44 PM
What the hell is that?

Cole A
08-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Yep. Fear, GOW, Halo 3, saints row, god father 2 and other great games are coming to the 360. hey you forgot Mass Effect

Cole A
08-08-2006, 10:45 PM
What the hell is that?
i think it's an XBL arcade game

JizzO
It's like Mario Party for the Xbox. It rules man :D.

yoyo209
WTF is that?

Cole A
08-08-2006, 10:47 PM
It's like Mario Party for the Xbox. It rules man :D.Mario Party wasn't that good

yoyo209
08-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Mario Party, never played it. I've seen comercials.

Cole A
08-08-2006, 10:52 PM
it was ok when you had lots of friends over but it just got repeditive after a while

yoyo209
08-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Huh. Lets get back on topic.

JizzO
08-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Huh. Lets get back on topic.

Well I was explaining what it was to you. As for my choice of comparison, I just chose Mario Party because it's basically the same concept, that's all.

Cole A
08-08-2006, 11:13 PM
back on topic lets hope there no kids in gears of war

Koric101
08-08-2006, 11:13 PM
I think the immature little kids are annoying, considering they shouldn't be playing at all, especially the ones who think it's cool just to sit there and swear the whole game. The mature kids, who can play as a team and whatnot are not so bad, but I hope it doesn't turn into halo.

Cole A
08-08-2006, 11:18 PM
yeah it's the parents fault that they buy there kids the game

HyperTitan
08-09-2006, 12:15 AM
I've been reading these kinds of threads since XBL came out. There's no way that they can do anything about keeping kids, or immature people off of the game. Everyone says stupid things while they play, and it's not always meant to make people mad or just to mess with them, it's just the way people play the game. I for one just keep my mic off till I need to say something to the team. Really, the only reason I started doing that is cuz the damn mic that comes with the 360 sits right in front of my damn mouth and I'm constantly breathing into it. It becomes a little annoying for me:p

yoyo209
08-09-2006, 01:31 AM
I'm just gonna play to meet some cool people and always play play with them and their friends.

Brooklynunder
08-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Well heres a good topic that should have been addressed years ago!!! I personaly think that the raiting system for games is fairly accurate, and that the perents should be listening, reading and learning about what to and not to buy there kids!!! I also feel that retailers should begin ID-ing kids when they go to buy a game.. Dont get me wrong, I was a kid too a long time ago, and my perents didnt really give a crap about what I saw, played with or did for the most part, well let me tell ya, I was a nasty kid!! Any way the raitings are there for a reason, people should learn to follow them!! Now worst case scenario if a perent buys there kid this game, or if a store sells it to them without checking there ID first, then its all up to Microsoft.. What I feel Microsoft should do is get a proper working net for the server so the kids play with the kids and adults play with adults.. Dont get me wrong there are some adults worse then some kids but over all not usually.. Microsoft NEEDS to find a fool proof way to segragate the groups in accordence to age so that adults cannot cross to the kids side and kids cannot cross to the adult side.. Me and a few friends were talking about this problem not to long ago, and we decided to try and make a difference.. We are going to make a petition based site for fans to sign (Ill let you know when its up) then we will address it to Microsoft.. We are also starting phone calls up soon for the same reasons.. Why you ask? Simply because we are a group that cannot stand playing with people half our age, that act half our age, some kids are mature enough to be able to play against in games, but unfortunatly not enough of them.. Any way the word we got the last time we called Microsofts Costumer Service lines was that thier currently working on a firmwire upgrade for xbox live so that like banning a person there will be an age selection so that no one under a certain age can gain entry to your game online..I hope they figure something out!! So my thoughts, NO!! Little kids and Gears Of War should be like oil and water, and stores and perents should get more involved with what there kids are doing!!!

P.S.

I cannot friggen wait to play this damn game its not even funny!!!!

HELLFIRE V1
08-09-2006, 03:42 AM
In other words you dont wont people like this plyaing Gears.
WARNING MATURE CONTENT.
ANGRY GAMER (http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2689553?refsite=7063&ns=1)

soda
08-09-2006, 07:46 AM
i play counter strike source,
as i don't have xbox live,
but there are little kids there too that are allways screaming when "there kill is stolen" or "that they were blocked" or something that was there own fault.

Brooklynunder
08-09-2006, 09:29 AM
HELLFIRE V1: Hehehe yeah, pretty much.. Things like that ruin a game when thats what your catching in your ear.. I actually first started realizing that I hated it when I was playing PGR3. Same thing you @#$ing cut me off, $#%ing as$#@%, you @#$@, @#$^, bla bla bla, they let out there agression because they have yet to learn how to controle there temper. Its also because alot of times they dont listen.. By this I mean I got stuck with a couple kids while playing Swat 4 for PC. They wouldnt listen to the team leader and constantly got us killed bringing down the final score.. It can really ruin the experience of the game.. That and they shouldnt be seeing that to begin with..

JizzO
08-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Like I said before, why does it always have to be kids that are immature? There is an equal amount of adults that are as immature as those kids.

Luring Prowler
08-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Im 13 and my parents let me buy m games but not all kids are anoying

HellFox
08-09-2006, 12:34 PM
i find it incredible when i play onlie in my local servers
most of the people are like 4 years older than me but have such an imature behavior of 4 year younger than me

SKM Titan
08-09-2006, 01:14 PM
I hear you, their all over COD 2, mostly 12 and up, havent seen anyone below that, I leave the game and start a new one, or i will boot them, that better be an option in gears, boot and let the next guy on

I haven't really had any problems with annoying little kids on COD2, and I played that game a lot. To be honest, I haven't really had any problems with annoying kids on any Xbox 360 online game I've played (COD2, PDZ, Quake IV, Prey, BF2:MC, GRAW).

So far, most of the annoying little kids seem to be sticking to Halo 2, I'm sure these kids will eventually flock to and ruin the online multiplayer component of another game, but hopefully it's not Gears of War.

chron1caust
08-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Im 12 and usually I get laong with everyone. I talk smack but thats what your suppose to expect from someone with an underground zone. Not all ppl under the age of 18 scream and do stuff like that. And its also fun to beat ppl who are like 20+ who underestimate you by a lot.

GearOfWar
08-09-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm 16 and when i play games like Halo 2 i usually just listen to my ipod while i'm playin'. People are a$$wholes online, but you can't do much about it.BTW i wish i was ONE year older so i wouldn't have to have my mom buy me games. I'm a safe driver, so why can't i virtually run people over and commit mass murder?

VeniVediVeci
08-09-2006, 02:31 PM
I haven't really had any problems with annoying little kids on COD2, and I played that game a lot. To be honest, I haven't really had any problems with annoying kids on any Xbox 360 online game I've played (COD2, PDZ, Quake IV, Prey, BF2:MC, GRAW).

So far, most of the annoying little kids seem to be sticking to Halo 2, I'm sure these kids will eventually flock to and ruin the online multiplayer component of another game, but hopefully it's not Gears of War.

did you buy GRAW at launch? cause I think there was more little kids than mature adults... because they were like "hey look! a game that looks funner than halo 2!" so they play it thinking that it is going to be better, but then they figure out that it takes tactics, and they quit.. so now it's all good...

but really, little kids are actually funner to play with, as long as they don't scream profanities...

SKM Titan
08-09-2006, 04:32 PM
did you buy GRAW at launch? cause I think there was more little kids than mature adults... because they were like "hey look! a game that looks funner than halo 2!" so they play it thinking that it is going to be better, but then they figure out that it takes tactics, and they quit.. so now it's all good...

but really, little kids are actually funner to play with, as long as they don't scream profanities...

Yea I bought it at launch, and I really didn't encounter too many annoying little kids, and I still don't today. But like you said, when the annoying little kids discovered that GRAW takes skill and requires tactics (as opposed to Halo 2), they quit. Let's hope the same happens with Gears of War.

Ech08
08-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Hmm, what I'm hopign is all the little kids leave this game to play halo 3 when its released, then we can continue to play gears.

Brooklynunder
08-09-2006, 06:50 PM
The whole situation has always been frustraiting, its like the younger brother that wont leave you alone hehe.. But I mean the fact that kids 11-15 are able to play a game like this is just plain wrong (especially 11, 12, 13 year olds). Even I can say that a kid 11 or 12 years old should not be watching gore like that, but more importantly listen to the swearing and crap that goes on.. I bet that if the perents were more educated as to what is going on they would put a very quick stop on it.. If a kid has to turn the volume down so there perents cant here what is said then they are to young to play... All I can hope is that changes are made, because theres nothing worse then an 11 or 12 year old talking smack.. It sounds rediculas, in an anoying sorta way.. I personaly think that if a kid is old enough to drive on his or her own, then there old enough to play because it does help with the maturity factor.. Oh well for now we live with it..

Hades2000
08-09-2006, 07:11 PM
The whole situation has always been frustraiting, its like the younger brother that wont leave you alone hehe.. But I mean the fact that kids 11-15 are able to play a game like this is just plain wrong (especially 11, 12, 13 year olds). Even I can say that a kid 11 or 12 years old should not be watching gore like that, but more importantly listen to the swearing and crap that goes on..

And you're quite ignorant to believe the age always correlates with maturity. That's simply not true, I've met more teen and adult asswipes than child asswipes. It's just plain wrong that people in general are so immature, I find it ridiculous to single out an age group. That's stupid.

Hooligunn
08-09-2006, 07:15 PM
But it's true though. I'm sorry but kids are the main annoyance on LIVE generally. Not always though, but mostly they are because they don't shut up. Now I love talking on LIVE - it's part of the community spirit - but when they start shouting off and calling insults out at people - then I get annoyed. If you can't handle a game (ie. the stress sometimes caused by losing) then you should just give it a break. Instead they mostly blab off and take it out on everyone else.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying this is EVERY kid on LIVE, but the only problems I've had on LIVE have been little kids (ie. bad feedback, sore loser talk ect...)

Staying on topic - Gears of War shouldn't be played by little kids, and since it's an 18 then alot of parents won't let their kids buy it - alot will still get it but at least the annoying kids will probably miss out.

HyperTitan
08-09-2006, 07:37 PM
In other words you dont wont people like this plyaing Gears.
WARNING MATURE CONTENT.
ANGRY GAMER (http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2689553?refsite=7063&ns=1)

Wow. I thought he was gonna throw his tv. Sad thing is I used to be like that. Maybe not as bad. I'd just quit when I got mad. Thank god for football. :p Plus it's alot funner now that I don't act like a 3 yr old.

Cole A
08-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Hmm, what I'm hopign is all the little kids leave this game to play halo 3 when its released, then we can continue to play gears.yeah thats good but i like halo and i wanted to play halo 3 without kids

1stPerson=MotionSickness
08-09-2006, 08:15 PM
I think it's ashame parents still dont know how to use parental rating feature built into every xbox and xbox 360

Cole A
08-09-2006, 08:57 PM
yeah parents should take a look at the games there buying there kids

1stPerson=MotionSickness
08-09-2006, 09:37 PM
It's pretty sad when a kid can fool his mom into thinking "M" stands for Monkey's

j-wrell
08-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Hey, if the young kid crowd gets into this game, that means more $ for Epic and Microsoft.

JizzO
08-09-2006, 09:55 PM
The whole situation has always been frustraiting, its like the younger brother that wont leave you alone hehe.. But I mean the fact that kids 11-15 are able to play a game like this is just plain wrong (especially 11, 12, 13 year olds). Even I can say that a kid 11 or 12 years old should not be watching gore like that, but more importantly listen to the swearing and crap that goes on.. I bet that if the perents were more educated as to what is going on they would put a very quick stop on it.. If a kid has to turn the volume down so there perents cant here what is said then they are to young to play... All I can hope is that changes are made, because theres nothing worse then an 11 or 12 year old talking smack.. It sounds rediculas, in an anoying sorta way.. I personaly think that if a kid is old enough to drive on his or her own, then there old enough to play because it does help with the maturity factor.. Oh well for now we live with it..

So you actually believe this stereotype? Wow, like I've said MANY times, kids are not the only immature gamers. And for you to say that kids that young should not be allowed to even see this game is outrageous. Me for example, I'm only 14, but I'm not a complete moron, and my Mom does know what she's buying me. I showed her the E3 Gameplay footage and she loved it. She even reserved the game for me without my consent. She even promised to give the game a try when it's released. So maybe you should drop the "teen gamer" stereotype and actually know most of your facts before posting things on "kid" gamers.

P.S. Don't take this offensively, I'm just telling it how it SHOULD be said.

j-wrell
08-09-2006, 09:59 PM
^ ^ haha lol, i showed my mom the e3 footage and she thought it was cool and said she would try it when i got it too!!!

HyperTitan
08-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Kids will play the game. Period. But as everyone keeps saying. I've ran into more immature kids in the 20's and late teens than I have little kids. And since we're on the topic of kids in M rated video games. Microsoft has done everything in their concievable power to keep this from happening. There are lockouts on the 360 to prevent them from playing these games. It's just like TV, the only people here to blame are the parents. It makes me sick when you hear of parents complaining because they're kids are watchin R rated movies and playing M rated video games. If they had any frickin common sense they would use these features given to them by the provider of whatever they're watching/playing. The only thing any company like Microsoft or your cable provider to do, and thats for them to show up to your house and turn the locks on for you, which isn't going to happen. Most people would like to believe that people are not this ignorant. But sadly most parents are ignorant, so as long as there is XBL there will be little kids playing games that they shouldn't. And there will never be anything we can do about those immature teens that sometimes plague our gaming world. The only thing that would remedy this is if there was more of a hands on approach to the feedback system. Like a closer monitoring system and temporarybans for behavior that we have all to often seen. But we all know that this is almost an impossible feat, so we're just gonna have to live with it, and that's why god invented the mute button. :D

Brooklynunder
08-09-2006, 10:57 PM
So you actually believe this stereotype? Wow, like I've said MANY times, kids are not the only immature gamers. And for you to say that kids that young should not be allowed to even see this game is outrageous. Me for example, I'm only 14, but I'm not a complete moron, and my Mom does know what she's buying me. I showed her the E3 Gameplay footage and she loved it. She even reserved the game for me without my consent. She even promised to give the game a try when it's released. So maybe you should drop the "teen gamer" stereotype and actually know most of your facts before posting things on "kid" gamers.

Firstly, yes in most cases I do believe this stereotype.. Like I said not all kids are like that but yes most are, and some adults are too but few compared.. And no kids should not be allowed near a "M" rated game, thats why its rated "M" (even a kid should be able to figure that one out). As far as your mom seeing it and and approving of it, well thats good in the sense that she likes games that have been put together with talent, however telling me how "cool" your mother is, has no relevence to wether or not you should be playing the game, because you according to the rating system shouldnt be. If your mom decides to let the rules slide fine that would make her no different then alot of the kids parents out there.. As far as knowing my "teen gamer" facts as you like to put it, I do and here they are since your apperantly confused. Fact "A" Developers and publishers have a rating system on games so that (responcible) parents have a guideline to go by when purchusing there kids games. The rating system just like movies are determined by the amount of gore, violence, volgarity, nudity, use of drugs etc.. are in the game.. The more the amount the higher the rating.. Hence a rating of "M" means that anyone under the age of 17 shouldnt play that game. "T" rating means no kids under 13 etc.. Fact "B" Security measures are in place on every system that can take adult rated content, Xbox 360 included. This software automatically included in the system is ment to block kids from having access to adult content right from the source via keylock.

I mean I can go on and on, the bottom line is kids shouldnt be playing the game, and the parents shouldnt be letting them. The only reason under the sun that keeps me sane on the whole topic is the fact that it would directly effect sales for the developers, since theres alot of rich parents out there that spoil there kids LOL.. So to make a long story short your a kid, theres alot of you, we cant help that for now, but dont try to insult my knowledge on what facts I do and dont know.. This is what I feel and I have a right to that with out being insulted by a kid (do you do that in games when you dont get your way??) just a question LOL..

Hades2000
08-09-2006, 11:18 PM
All in all Brooklyn, stfu please, because stereotypes always equal ignorance. Bottom line, age doesn't always have a correlation with maturity - some adults can't handle the damn game. Some kids can't handle the game.

Regardless of the ratings, it's all about maturity rather than age. Last time I checked, kids weren't the worst offenders when it came to running around GTA style and gunning down mofos. Get over yourself Brooklyn, maturity is always worth more than age. Period.

Brooklynunder
08-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Get over yourself Brooklyn, maturity is always worth more than age. Period.

Yeah, I rest my case. See I knew this was the wrong thread for me to get into because with kids this is always a touchy subject.. The kids will always fight and swear, and insult just like you did to me.. While most of the adults will agree.. Its touchy because kids hate being reminded that there kids, and a rating system is just another one of those ways.. I do realize that there are definitly some adults much worse then some kids of course, but what Im saying is in General, or over all if you will.. Hades2000 how old are you?? Im wondering because of how defencive you are about the subject, and also because you insulted me directly instead of the statement I made, which by the way is a sign of in-maturity..

Hades2000
08-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I rest my case. See I knew this was the wrong thread for me to get into because with kids this is always a touchy subject.. The kids will always fight and swear, and insult just like you did to me.. While most of the adults will agree.. Its touchy because kids hate being reminded that there kids, and a rating system is just another one of those ways.. I do realize that there are definitly some adults much worse then some kids of course, but what Im saying is in General, or over all if you will.. Hades2000 how old are you?? Im wondering because of how defencive you are about the subject, and also because you insulted me directly instead of the statement I made, which by the way is a sign of in-maturity..
Haha, I insulted you? Quote me on it. If I wanted to insult you, I would've IMed you, and you would've blocked me.

Also, I find it incredibly ironic that, while you claim to be an adult, you make grammatical errors that are typical of a pre-teen. Go figure.

I'm 15 and I'm not afraid to say it. Say I'm immature, say I'm a teen, it makes no difference to me. I don't differentiate between people based on age, because I disregard it. It's meaningless, and is not indicative of maturity or immaturity at all.

I also love how you disregarded this comment conveniently..

Last time I checked, kids weren't the worst offenders when it came to running around GTA style and gunning down mofos.
Looks like someone hates being reminded of his hypocrisy and ignorance.

Any mature person, perhaps even especially an adult, wouldn't buy into stereotypes.

Also, Brooklyn, I'd react in the same way if you generalized based on ethnicity or gender. Do you also believe that senior citizens shouldn't be allowed to drive?

GearOfWar
08-09-2006, 11:46 PM
I firmly believe its the maturity of the kid to decide whether they can play the game or not. I've seen eighteen year olds that aren't mature enough to drive a car. The parents should actually give a damn and research the game to determine if its right for their child. If a kid can't play nice then they need a good ass whoopin'.

Brooklynunder
08-09-2006, 11:51 PM
while you claim to be an adult, you make grammatical errors that are typical of a pre-teen.

Im an adult, not an English professor, and you try to prove me wrong about how mature you are by insulting me directly again.. Cheers, if you have anything to add to this debate that holds any relevence by all means share it, but do it in a non-insulting mature manner...

Do you also believe that senior citizens shouldn't be allowed to drive?

As off topic as it is, I dont believe they shouldnt drive, I do however feel they should be tested every year after they turn 60 years old.. They should be tested on reaction time, general motor skills, and vision as well as be updated on road rules..

Also, Brooklyn, I'd react in the same way if you generalized based on ethnicity or gender.

As would I but that isnt what this thread is about so dont break any forum rules by straying to far off topic..

Again with the insults hummm seeing a trend here..

And again...

Yet, it easily shows your ignorance, arrogance, and even stupidity. I'm sure you're one of the people who would be an advocate of "with age comes wisdom and knowledge," no?

Firstly Im not sure how many forum rules you have broken here but that doesnt matter because it just proves everything Im saying.. With age comes wisdom, is the saying and that dosent refure to how good a person spells, it relates to what a person learns in life, keep dating yourself...

You haven't even replied to my points, you've avoided the topic continuously. There's a good three paragraphs in total that you've disregarded.

Say something smart that is relevent to the topic and Ill reply accordingly, I dont even care how you spell it LOL..

Can't handle the fire? Don't play then

What fire, or are you suggesting that I am supposed to take what your saying seriously.. If you want me to, again say something that holds relevence..

OFF TOPIC? Are you serious? You've been stereotyping based on age the whole time, how the hell is this off topic in regards to our debate in any way? Also, I'm pretty sure YOUNGER drivers get in MORE accidents, and they're a lot more severe than anything. I find it to be ridiculous to stereotype on either end of the spectrum.

In case you forgot the debate is on wether or not kids should be playing Gears Of War not should old people drive.. YOUNG drivers get in more accidents because they watch to many movies and play to many games thinking street racing is cool and that there Honda can handle it..

What you're doing is quite similar to stereotyping based on other irrelevant things, such as gender and ethnicity. I'm sure you'd also support the thinking that minorities are more likely to commit crimes, or that women should stay in the kitchen? Ignorance knows no boundaries my friend.

Not that it holds a place in this thread, again leaving topic, but I will say this, gender means nothing to me, ethnicity means nothing to me and a women now days can go and do as they choose.. As far as your statement ignorance knows no boundaries goes, think about what your saying for a second and then read your last 5 posts.. Im through having fun with you and your ideas now so I will ignore you and continue to have a conversation with a mature adult in the room about the primary reason for this thread, because like it or not, your last 5 or 6 posts shows exactly how much wisdom you have gained from your age, and how mature you really are..

Hades2000
08-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Im an adult, not an English professor
Yet, it easily shows your ignorance, arrogance, and even stupidity. I'm sure you're one of the people who would be an advocate of "with age comes wisdom and knowledge," no?

It's hilarious how I've blasted anything you've had of "substance" (if you can call it that) away. You haven't even replied to my points, you've avoided the topic continuously. There's a good three paragraphs in total that you've disregarded. Can't handle the fire? Don't play then :)

As off topic as it is, I dont believe they shouldnt drive, I do however feel they should be tested every year after they turn 60 years old.. They should be tested on reaction time, general motor skills, and vision as well as be updated on road rules..
OFF TOPIC? Are you serious? You've been stereotyping based on age the whole time, how the hell is this off topic in regards to our debate in any way? Also, I'm pretty sure YOUNGER drivers get in MORE accidents, and they're a lot more severe than anything. I find it to be ridiculous to stereotype on either end of the spectrum.

What you're doing is quite similar to stereotyping based on other irrelevant things, such as gender and ethnicity. I'm sure you'd also support the thinking that minorities are more likely to commit crimes, or that women should stay in the kitchen? Ignorance knows no boundaries my friend.

If you'd like to take this to AIM instead, be my guest, my AIM name is sXeHades.

VeniVediVeci
08-10-2006, 12:05 AM
okay guys settle down, internet arguments are pointless "internet fights are just like the special olympics, no matter who wins, you're both still retarded"

Hades2000
08-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Like I said Brook, PLEASE IM me.

TNT
08-10-2006, 12:23 AM
The fact is yes, there will be little kids, maybe nto as much as halo 2 but i'm sure there will be a fair share of them on this game too considering all the publicity this has gotten, its the 360 main game, and i know a few kids at least who are going to buy it. I just hope they have an easy mute option i can use, its such a pain to use it in halo 2.

Brooklynunder
08-10-2006, 12:23 AM
okay guys settle down, internet arguments are pointless "internet fights are just like the special olympics, no matter who wins, you're both still retarded"

LOL hehe I like that one :)

I just hope they have an easy mute option i can use, its such a pain to use it in halo 2.

Im hoping to have the ability to just boot easier.. Or perhaps that ban fuction there thinking of adding..

Like I said Brook, PLEASE IM me

Whats the point, you know how I feel and dont agree with it, I know how you feel and dont agree with it, so what the hell for, pointless. Like VeniVedi said "internet fights are just like the special olympics, no matter who wins, you're both still retarded".. So leave it be..

I just read the last few pages of this topic, and hades i suggest you stop posting things because whether or not you realize it, you really are acting immature and disproving your own points in a way.

Thankyou TNT gee-whiz :) like I said this sort of topic is really a nasty one for kids, I was the same way when I was a kid, I hated being reminded that I was a kid, but one thing didnt change, the fact that I was a kid...

TNT
08-10-2006, 12:29 AM
I just read the last few pages of this topic, and hades i suggest you stop posting things because whether or not you realize it, you really are acting immature and disproving your own points in a way.

Hades2000
08-10-2006, 12:30 AM

That's your opinion and you're entitled.

Brooklynunder
08-10-2006, 12:34 AM
That's your opinion and you're entitled.

Why wasnt I??

TNT did you already preorder your GOW?? And also do you know if there for sure doing that whole midnight release thing like Halo 2 sorry, a little off topic...

except try to sway you and throw some logic your way

Again read your last posts, and tell me through all the insults where the logic was!?!?

Hades2000
08-10-2006, 12:35 AM
Why wasnt I??

Of course you can have your own opinions and I can't do anything about it except try to sway you and throw some logic your way (or, in other words, what you'd consider in this case to be illogical).

Hades2000
08-10-2006, 01:22 AM
Fact remains, stereotypes are stereotypes. There's no justification for them at any time, they aren't fair, and they're illogical and ignorant. That's my point. If you're willing to embrace one stereotype and you believe it's justified, you might as well embrace all and justify those as well.

thephantom13
08-10-2006, 02:15 AM
Can't We All Just Get Along???

thephantom13
08-10-2006, 02:20 AM
But seriously I'm not taking one side or the other, fact is there are SOME gamers that are considered "kids" that are mature and there are SOME gamers that are considered "adults" that are immature. Really many of the young gamers are immature, I'm not saying anyone on here is immature, its just how it is. Why are insurance costs higher for young drivers? It has to do with immaturity. I'll admit that there are alot of gamers that are young and are mature, in fact I have a lot of friends that are considered young and they aren't idiots when they are online playing halo 2. At the same time you get some adults who are idiots, but for the most parts adults are more mature than kids. Just my $0.02

Tenspeed
08-10-2006, 02:31 AM
Oh man, I also hate how people seem to confuse age with maturity, personally there is an equal number of jerkoff between adults and kids, so either way you are gonna have those people in gears of war, and restricting any violent game from kids just so "adults" can play the game without getting smack talked is stupid in itself.

Man i'm tired of all the stereotyping that goes on in this world, because of the obvious ignorance and the fact that they are very rarely true. Anyway I guess you are entitled to your opinion however clouded it may be.

TNT
08-10-2006, 04:11 AM
Ok while i agree there are MANY immature adults, i have to say, and i don't know hwo you can really dispute this, that there are MORE immature kids, i don't really think teenagers are that immature, but there are people as young as nine playing these games, and that i really think can be stereotyped, sure there might be some who arn't, but the amount of them who are outweighs the rest so much, that i think its justified. thats my opinion though

Raaandom
08-10-2006, 05:30 AM
Little kids get curb stomped!

SKM D34TH
08-10-2006, 08:54 AM
I agree that There Are many Little Kids on Xbox Live. But not all are immature little Smack Talkers ( there still on Halo 2) And the thing you'll notice is that if your playing a game that Takes Skill and Tactics the Little Kids Split Real Soon.

Violation²
08-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Epic, should prevent us from having to hear their voices with a simple mute button. An easy pop-up system where we can simply mute who we want. Also the person we muted would know that we muted them, which would

A.) Annoy them
B.) maybe make them reconsider screaiming all the time (highly unlikely)

This mute option would make XBOX live a happier place

Brooklynunder
08-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Also the person we muted would know that we muted them,

Thats a great idea, on both points, but we may get lucky on this one because it does take tactics and high amounts of skill to play it. Maybe they will get to frustraited to the point of not playing online against adults any more!! I should start a adults vs kids clan LOL..

playing a game that Takes Skill and Tactics the Little Kids Split Real Soon.

Like said above, I hope this is what happenes because "if you cant mute em, kill em" LOL Also you think Halo is bad for smack talkers, try playing PGR3 its mental, the kids on that one get so mad, they swear so much that they loose track to the point that what there saying doesnt even make sence anymore.. So angry they cant think straight, problem is they dont know when to walk away.. The cool part about xbox live is your reputation follows you where ever you go, I have a five star rating because I dont like to piss anyone off, Im there to play the game and have fun and make sure who Im playing with has fun, because if who Im playing with isnt having fun, then its no fun for me... When I play PGR3 we mostly just tell really bad jokes and talk about other games while we race. Its hard to carry on a good conversation with someone half your age because they just have no idea.....Yet.....

Little kids get curb stomped!

Ouch!! As much as I would like to agree with that little statement its hardly constructive in this debate!! I mean tell us how you really feel...

that there are MORE immature kids, i don't really think teenagers are that immature, but there are people as young as nine playing these games

Thats the point Im trying to get across, Im basing my opinions on kids that are either half my age and less, the fact that there are nine year olds playing games like this is sick!!! I never let my daughter watch me play my games EVER.. I usually get my wife to play with her, or I tell her to go play with some friends for a bit.. My daughter would have nightmears for weeks if she ever seen this game!! And yes there are definatly MORE immature kids then adults but its not even that, its the fact that all the normally good conversation during gameplay is obolished because you cant tell any rude jokes with a clear mind, or say how crappy your day was and why, with out feeling guilty every time you let out a swear.. Its different for me because I have a kid, this is why Im so protective of them and what they see and hear..

EVERYONE

You can always tell when a minor answars to a statement in here just look for the insults, and smack talk (NOT ALL MINORS IN HERE) you know who you are . Why do they answar like that, because thats all they know to defend themselves because there young.....and mad.....

And I cant blame them, because there getting reminded that there still young and it pisses them off, it pissed me off when I was young, not able to drink, not able to smoke, not able to have sex without concent, not able to go to the bar and gamble, not able to go to a "R" rated movie etc... And finally not able to play "M" rated games.. They have a right to be mad, however thats another thing that comes with age.. The saying should go "With age comes wisdom, rights, and freedom)

VaporXX91
08-10-2006, 10:12 AM
I will be avoiding plenty of people if they start acting like a-holes over Gears. I leaving bad feedback on all the a-holes I come across on H2.

I think the rep system will be truly tested once Gears comes out.

I know in COD2, I've avoided plenty of annoying people.

Hades2000
08-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Fact remains, stereotypes are stereotypes. There's no justification for them at any time, they aren't fair, and they're illogical and ignorant. That's my point. If you're willing to embrace one stereotype and you believe it's justified, you might as well embrace all and justify those as well.

Embrace one, embrace all. Thanks for playing guys.

/thread.

Tenspeed
08-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Oh yeah and I just had to say the esrb ratings are just guidelines for parents, it does not mean anyone under the rating isn't allowed to play at all.

SKM D34TH
08-10-2006, 04:52 PM
anybody now if that Rating actually restricts people? i mean my Gamecrazy lets me buy M rated Games and im only 16.

TNT
08-10-2006, 04:58 PM
It does in mainline stores like bestbuy and stuff where its not just all about gaming, but even then some of the cashiers don't care at all, but yes M ratings do stop you occassionally if your under 17

Brooklynunder
08-10-2006, 05:38 PM
It does in mainline stores like bestbuy and stuff where its not just all about gaming, but even then some of the cashiers don't care at all, but yes M ratings do stop you occassionally if your under 17

Which is exactly what is supposed to happen, the reason smaller stores let it go most times is because they dont have the overhead to turn down a sale at any cost. And because its a guildline and not a law, they can get away with it..

Oh yeah and I just had to say the esrb ratings are just guidelines for parents

Exactly, thats the problem, parents are not watching because most just plain dont realize what is in the games. All they know is its a game, you want it, they will buy it, and you will be happy.. Most parents dont take the time to learn about what is actually in the games itself. Some parents do know and dont give a damn but I guess thats there choice for there kid..

Embrace one, embrace all. Thanks for playing guys.

Wow that was informative, thanks for you input on this debate.?.?

I will be avoiding plenty of people if they start acting like a-holes over Gears. I leaving bad feedback on all the a-holes I come across on H2.
I think the rep system will be truly tested once Gears comes out.

I will be doing the same, this is why Im not listing my gamer tag, because I knew if a heated topic was to come up, especially like this one, all of the kids would be gunning for me trying to decrease my rep, which I take great pride in because it shows who you are.. Mines 5 outta 5, because I make sure that who ever Im playing with has fun also.. If Im winning in a game alot then Ill lose once in a while so that who Im playing against has fun too. It sucks to lose all the time and takes the fun outta the game.. Racing especially, Im really good at PGR3, thats definatly one I let people win on, because I dont mind losing and it makes them happy, which in turn makes me happy.. The whole gaming experience goes alot smother that way.. I also do this when I play games with my dad, because he kinda sucks, we have alot more fun that way, at least until I get bored :)

Hooligunn
08-10-2006, 06:06 PM
I will be doing the same, this is why Im not listing my gamer tag, because I knew if a heated topic was to come up, especially like this one, all of the kids would be gunning for me trying to decrease my rep, which I take great pride in because it shows who you are..

I doubt they would do that, that would be REALLY sad. Though I guess some people would do that, but those kinds of people spoil Xbox Live.

Hades2000
08-10-2006, 07:40 PM
It's amazing how Brooklyn always seems to ignore everyone's points. He's also declined to instant message me although I've asked him to, my AIM is sXeHades and is readily available.

Cowardly? Ignorant? Intelligent? You decide on him..I think everyone knows where I stand, and I believe his comments have spoken for themselves.

Don't ignore it this time Brook, EMBRACE ONE STEREOTYPE, EMBRACE THEM ALL.

Everyone, watch him ignore the above again..nothing but a cowardly hypocrite IMO.

Jarmen
08-10-2006, 10:36 PM
i think some of you guys need to calm down. A game is a game, and nothing more. The posters are not insulting you personally or saying they dont want any kids at all playing, they are simply saying that they feel less kids should be playing since it seems that they cause most of the problems such as screaming and things. Not to say that some of the older gamers dont do this, because it happens, and there are alot of jerks out there. They just are hopeing that the game dosnt turn into a bunch of younger gamers screaming/moaning/throwing hissy fits, which ruins the experience for everyone.

I dont have a problem with younger people playing, aslong as they dont go out of there way to be annoying, or scream cuss words that they heard on TV. Just gets a little annoying after awhile.

Brooklynunder
08-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Like I said before Hades, keep it up and I will make sure you are banned.. I said I am through talking to you for you are to angry to continue in this debate.. I am not insulting you as you are to me, Im sure theres plenty of people that would agree after reading the post history.. Leave me alone and quite spreading my name around this site.. I will not answare anything you post because A: it dosnt make any sence, and B: You are speaking in nothing but insults.. I dont want to see another post of yours with my name again or I will call you out on breaking forum rules... So again your to angry for me to bother to respond, therefore leave my name out of your posts..

Hades2000
08-10-2006, 11:26 PM
Like I said before Hades, keep it up and I will make sure you are banned.. I said I am through talking to you for you are to angry to continue in this debate.. I am not insulting you as you are to me, Im sure theres plenty of people that would agree after reading the post history.. Leave me alone and quite spreading my name around this site.. I will not answare anything you post because A: it dosnt make any sence, and B: You are speaking in nothing but insults.. I dont want to see another post of yours with my name again or I will call you out on breaking forum rules... So again your to angry for me to bother to respond, therefore leave my name out of your posts..

This..

He's also declined to instant message me although I've asked him to, my AIM is sXeHades and is readily available.

And also this:

Don't ignore it this time Brook, EMBRACE ONE STEREOTYPE, EMBRACE THEM ALL.

Everyone, watch him ignore the above again

Did I call it or what?

/thread.

Brooklynunder
08-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Did I call it or what?

Hades: like I said please use my name in your posts still (sarcasm).. Im not going to AIM you because you will be just as insulting and angry in there as you are out here.. None the less I said last warning to leave me alone and leave my name out of your posts.. Therefore you have been reported.. More then once, by more then just me.. You have broken forum rules... again... But for now I am not going to answare to your insults, so quit posting my name, in here or other threads... I have nothing to say to you until you calm down..

Originally Posted by Brooklynunder

There and in other threads..

The main offender and supporter of ignorance, arrogance, and stupidity on this topic was Brooklynunder.

You taking this to other threads is you breaking quite a few forum rules, two of which are big, therefore this is why you will soon be banned, because Im not the only one that has noticed or reported you..

Hades2000
08-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Erm, where in my previous post did I mention your name? All I did was quote myself from previous posts, I posted no new material that mentions you by name.

HorTyS
08-11-2006, 02:29 AM
little kids in my M rated online games is why i am a supporter of the enforcement of the M rating restrictions. i would rather stores not allow the sale of M rated games to young gamers, than have them ruining my online matches with their little whiny voices talking $#!+...

Hades2000
08-11-2006, 02:38 AM
than have them ruining my online matches with their little whiny voices talking $#!+...

If you're not prepared to deal with morons on Live, why bother?

Flak
08-11-2006, 06:24 AM
This thread is going nowhere fast.

Closed.