PDA

View Full Version : licensing UT04 for LAN center?

legacy-arfett
04-02-2006, 11:29 AM
I've browsed the atari site and checked all the FAQs and found nothing on licensing games for use in LAN Centers. Does ATARI have a program for this or can a copy of UT2004 be bought for each computer and be used legally?

Jrubzjeknf
04-02-2006, 11:52 AM
depens if they're connected to the internet.

legacy-Sphinx
04-02-2006, 12:07 PM
i'd send their support a mail if i where you to make sure :)

legacy-arfett
04-02-2006, 12:44 PM
I would if their website was easy to navigate so I could find an e-mail address to use. Their support area just goes in a big circle that keeps spitting you out where you started and you're none-the-wiser.

Crotale
04-02-2006, 05:49 PM
http://www.epicgames.com/ut2k4_eula.html

Updated UT2004 EULA - Jan 11, 2005

END- USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. BY USING OR INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE, OR BY PLACING OR COPYING THIS SOFTWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER HARDWARE, COMPUTER RAM OR OTHER STORAGE MEDIUM, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PROMPTLY DISCONTINUE THE INSTALLATION PROCESS AND CEASE ALL USE OF THIS SOFTWARE.

2. License. The software accompanying this license and the related documentation (the “Software”) are licensed for your use and gaming enjoyment, subject to terms and limitations in this license agreement. The license fee you paid gives you the right to use the Software. If the Software is configured for loading onto a hard drive, you may only load the Software onto the hard drive of a single computer and only run the Software off that hard drive, however you may participate in a multiplayer configuration (such as in an Internet gaming room) with other players who also have valid licenses; in other words, your friends must license their own copies of the Software. There is an editor incorporated into the Software which, if you use it, is subject to Section 8 below.
3. Commercial Exploitation. You may not use this game, or any Mods created for this game or using the tools provided with this game, for any commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Epic Games Inc. including, but not limited to, the following rules: 1. If you are the proprietor of an Internet café or gaming room, you may operate the Software in a “pay for play” environment provided that all computers used have validly licensed Software installed, such Software having been purchased at a retail store or other similar provider (we do not offer volume discounts or multi-install licenses).

legacy-arfett
04-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks so much. I don't know why I didn't think of checking the EULA.

Crotale
04-02-2006, 06:15 PM
You be welcome.