PDA

View Full Version : Different Versions of GOW?

Zoso Fan
06-21-2006, 03:37 PM
Below is a blog by Mike Capps:

"Making a game is difficult. Making a game for a worldwide audience is really difficult. Making a violent, bloody horror-infused game for a worldwide audience is maddening. German folks don't allow dismemberment. No skinned bodies for Japanese folks - and all characters need five fingers. Apparently one group was fine with people being killed by a chainsaw, but the pool of blood afterwards was too much for them. Yargh! And of course it's all completely subjective. There are no actual rules, just suggestions -- so we could pass a rating check one day, and fail the next. It's the same as MPAA ratings, I suppose; one person's R movie is another person's PG-13.

We're fussing now with different ways to ship different versions of the game for different markets. Makes for some extra work, but we'll make sure everyone gets a chance to play."

As long as we get the game on time im fine! :)

jsh2006
06-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Hmmm..... who knows? Also look at Cliffy B's blog on www.cliffyb.com. He says;

'Yet another quickie. Sorry, got a game to ship!'

Does that mean.....

Zoso Fan
06-21-2006, 03:52 PM
No, hes basicly saying that their officially in crunch mode working over time to get so buisness done! BTW did you see his picture with Boba?

jsh2006
06-21-2006, 03:59 PM
No, hes basicly saying that their officially in crunch mode working over time to get so buisness done! BTW did you see his picture with Boba?

Yer its quality :D

1stPerson=MotionSickness
06-21-2006, 05:43 PM
As long as the game that "Ships" is not another "Perfect Dark Zero"-I'm cool

VizorX
06-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Hmmm..... who knows? Also look at Cliffy B's blog on www.cliffyb.com. He says;

'Yet another quickie. Sorry, got a game to ship!'

Does that mean.....

Another quickie? Damn his girlfriend must be paying dearly for Cliff's busy schedule. At least we will get a kick ass game.

SkateXer99
06-21-2006, 06:50 PM
As long as the game that "Ships" is not another "Perfect Dark Zero"-I'm cool

...we really didn't need that.

And the different versions are probably collectors edition and the regular one.

gamerboy228
06-21-2006, 06:59 PM
there will be a collectors edition and a regular one. does anyone know the difference?

ChaosKnight
06-21-2006, 07:00 PM
So... are they gonna cut out a bunch of stuff for the german, european or japanese games? like too much blood and gore or even a sex scene *raises eye brow* now thats what every game need! haha. But I dont mind. Aslong as the North American version isnt cut one bit

SkateXer99
06-21-2006, 07:00 PM
there will be a collectors edition and a regular one. does anyone know the difference?

The name.

...and more seriously, probably extra content like a tin box and interviews/concept art and stuff. But noone is sure.

Whistlerman
06-22-2006, 03:14 AM
Yea I would like to get the collects ed. for sure

MooseKnuckles
06-22-2006, 03:45 AM
Epic better not censor that Australian PAL version, or I'm gonna be pissed. I mean, just cause Germans don't like dismemberment doesen't mean everyone else in the PAL region will miss out on it, does it?

Flaming Hornets
06-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Hopefully not, that games to the game are most likely stuff like languages and translations.

FortuneWookie
06-22-2006, 12:18 PM
...we really didn't need that.

And the different versions are probably collectors edition and the regular one.

we sorta did lol cuz pdz was rushed i think because it was a dissapointment for me

FortuneWookie
06-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Yea I would like to get the collects ed. for sure

i already got mine reserved :D

jsh2006
06-22-2006, 12:20 PM
So... are they gonna cut out a bunch of stuff for the german, european or japanese games? like too much blood and gore or even a sex scene *raises eye brow* now thats what every game need! haha. But I dont mind. Aslong as the North American version isnt cut one bit

Funniest sex scene in a game was 'Mafia' on Pc, tht made me chuckle!

SkateXer99
06-22-2006, 01:21 PM
I'm German, and I like dismemberment. (Don't call me no Nazi though :p)

PDZ couldn't have been rushed since it was in like 5 years of development (though not all the years were used making it for the 360)

The sex scene in Mafia kinda scared me. It was like watching two puppets or something.