PDA

View Full Version : Grenade possibilities

360GearsFanatic
06-18-2006, 10:32 PM
i was thinking...when i saw the picture of the grenades on the chain, and how they were used down at the bottom, i wondered if a grenade could possibly be used as a melee. i hate it when youre about to throw a grenade into a doorway and someone comes out and gets a quick melee shot on you. instead of quickly throwing the grenade and then ripping out your gun and trying to counter them, maybe with Gears you can do a melee with the grenade.

you can start swinging it, but instead of throwing it, swing it into someones face like a mace (that rymes...) it might cause you some damage but it would get them out of the way.

tell me what you think

Uday23
06-18-2006, 10:36 PM
i was thinking...when i saw the picture of the grenades on the chain, and how they were used down at the bottom, i wondered if a grenade could possibly be used as a melee. i hate it when youre about to throw a grenade into a doorway and someone comes out and gets a quick melee shot on you. instead of quickly throwing the grenade and then ripping out your gun and trying to counter them, maybe with Gears you can do a melee with the grenade.

you can start swinging it, but instead of throwing it, swing it into someones face like a mace (that rymes...) it might cause you some damage but it would get them out of the way.

tell me what you think

well grenades are explosive (duh.......) and u dont want to be putting any kind of pressure on explosive things, lets say u smack a guy in the face with a nade u would probably end up activating it and blowing the crap out of yourself, anyways i highly doubt u can do thiis, it would be kind of cool but not probable......

360GearsFanatic
06-18-2006, 10:40 PM
its supposed to explode on their face. how else would it kill them? lol...i'm just saying it would be nice and maybe you could take some damage from the blow as well

Uday23
06-18-2006, 10:44 PM
its supposed to explode on their face. how else would it kill them? lol...i'm just saying it would be nice and maybe you could take some damage from the blow as well

well grenades in GoW are really rare and some what powerful, if u have seen teh e3 demo marcus kills 2 locusts with 1 nade, and if ur that close to be able to melee an enemy with and nade and it explodes u both would most likely die, and it would look werid since whenever u pull the nades out the arc shows up so if u hit someone with the nade it would look right, btw when u said hit them with the grenade i thought u actually ment swing the nade at there face using the pointed mace like cover i didnt know u intentionally wanted it to explode, w/e i highly doubt this will happen b/c it would really fit well into the gameplay and the controls,

btw DOES ANYONE KNOW IF U CAN THROW NADES FROM THE "AIM MODE", WELL IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER ANYWAYS B/C U HAVE THE ARC FOR ACCURACY AND U DONT NEED TO BE IN AIM MODE, O WELL, JUST WONDERING

Uday23
06-18-2006, 10:47 PM
dont worry if u really want to hit someone in the face u might get the chance, EPIC has not released all the weapons of GoW so maybe there is some kind of cool melee weapon, b/c if the COG get the Chainsaw the Locusts have to have something, maybe a super cool Mace?

something like this would be cool

http://www.ironliege.com/Graphics/NONLatexWeapons/mace%20group1.gif

but they would have to make it a part of a gun, who knows, EPIC will think of something cool for your face smacking needs lol

FortuneWookie
06-18-2006, 10:53 PM
well grenades are explosive (duh.......) and u dont want to be putting any kind of pressure on explosive things, lets say u smack a guy in the face with a nade u would probably end up activating it and blowing the crap out of yourself, anyways i highly doubt u can do thiis, it would be kind of cool but not probable......

dude who cares, i would just die and take them wit me lol :D

Chron0Crusader
06-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Screw the grenade. CHAINSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

Uday23
06-18-2006, 11:03 PM
the 2 posts above me are valid ideas and arent moronic at all, ;) lol i guess the idea of "taking them with me" would work if ur playing the elimination game type and ur team has 2 left while there team has 1 and u just take him an urself out giving ur team the victory..........and giving urself a horrible and messy death:)

FortuneWookie
06-18-2006, 11:05 PM
the 2 posts above me are valid ideas and arent moronic at all, ;) lol i guess the idea of "taking them with me" would work if ur playing the elimination game type and ur team has 2 left while there team has 1 and u just take him an urself out giving ur team the victory..........and giving urself a horrible and messy death:)

or mayb i just like to blow stuff up haha

LJF
06-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Screw the grenade. CHAINSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

Yes. That thing will be incredible.
I can't wait to get my hands on it. >: )

360GearsFanatic
06-19-2006, 12:55 AM
it would be kinda fun to take them with you on a one way ticket to hell

UnrealWars
06-19-2006, 12:58 AM
dont worry if u really want to hit someone in the face u might get the chance, EPIC has not released all the weapons of GoW so maybe there is some kind of cool melee weapon, b/c if the COG get the Chainsaw the Locusts have to have something, maybe a super cool Mace?

something like this would be cool

http://www.ironliege.com/Graphics/NONLatexWeapons/mace%20group1.gif

but they would have to make it a part of a gun, who knows, EPIC will think of something cool for your face smacking needs lol

Ow, that would hurt, alot. But would make one bad ass melee weapon!

Uday23
06-19-2006, 01:03 AM
Ow, that would hurt, alot. But would make one bad ass melee weapon!

o ya! the hard thing would be to incorporate a mace like thing like that into a gun, to make a super combo weapon like the lancer

UnrealWars
06-19-2006, 01:05 AM
o ya! the hard thing would be to incorporate a mace like thing like that into a gun, to make a super combo weapon like the lancer

All he has to do is carry it in a certified COG mace holder and he would do just fine!:D

Uday23
06-19-2006, 01:07 AM
All he has to do is carry it in a certified COG mace holder and he would do just fine!:D

yaaaaa sure **looks around and eyes the exits** jk, i was saying that this would be a cool Locust weapon if it could combine with a gun, b/c they need a "chainsaw type weapon" too! maybe a hammer burst with a hammer/mace at the end of if, and then u can "skull crack" ur enemies!

Whistlerman
06-19-2006, 01:09 AM
yea the nads in the game are sweet

UnrealWars
06-19-2006, 01:10 AM
yaaaaa sure **looks around and eyes the exits** jk, i was saying that this would be a cool Locust weapon if it could combine with a gun, b/c they need a "chainsaw type weapon" too! maybe a hammer burst with a hammer/mace at the end of if, and then u can "skull crack" ur enemies!

Man if they had a attachment like that. I would be scared to go and melee attack them with my chainsaw in fear of getting "skull craked".

Zoso Fan
06-19-2006, 01:13 AM
I want a grenade that looks like a mace which will stick to some locusts face!

UnrealWars
06-19-2006, 01:19 AM

Also add a timer to the gernade so you dont get blown to pieces also. That would be an amazing site to see in GoW.

Uday23
06-19-2006, 01:22 AM

well the frag nades kind do look like a mini mace, but it would be really cool if they stuck! but i guess we have the torquebow for that

MooseKnuckles
06-19-2006, 03:48 AM
Well I heard a rumour that each weapon will have its own melee attack, and that the grenades attack is to shove a bolo down someones throat and enjoy the mess :D

This was purely a rumour and I have no way of backing it up with solid evidence, but it sounds damn cool :p

LJF
06-19-2006, 05:22 AM
Well I heard a rumour that each weapon will have its own melee attack, and that the grenades attack is to shove a bolo down someones throat and enjoy the mess :D

This was purely a rumour and I have no way of backing it up with solid evidence, but it sounds damn cool :p
I would have waaay too much fun with that. xD

MooseKnuckles
06-19-2006, 06:42 AM
I would have waaay too much fun with that. xD

Who wouldn't? :D

Flaming Hornets
06-19-2006, 06:52 AM
You could smack someone in the face with a smoke or flash grenade. That would look so cool.
Also if you throw a grenade and it hits someone directly it should be a one hit kill.

seph
06-19-2006, 06:56 AM

tell me what you think

You gotta be careful with everything that says BOOF, dude. :) I honestly don't think it is going to happen.;)

360GearsFanatic
06-19-2006, 12:43 PM
just think about it though. dont you hate it when someone comes at you during your grenade-throwing??? IT SUCKS! there must be something you can do.

Flaming Hornets
06-19-2006, 12:47 PM
you dont have to use the arc, you can throw it normally

360GearsFanatic
06-19-2006, 12:57 PM

i think i was the one who suggested that on the "how would you finish off and enemy" thread haha.
me and my grenades

i just hope theyre is something, ANYTHING you can do to stop getting getting charged while throwing a grenade. you said you could throw it normal but if this game is as real as it sounds (and it sounds AWESOME) then it will still take a little while to throw, get gun out, and then defend yourself

FortuneWookie
06-19-2006, 01:08 PM

thats stupid cuz a chainsaw is much cooler and does more damage then a stupid mace on it

360GearsFanatic
06-19-2006, 01:13 PM
i dont want the mace on the gun! my whole point is that i dont want to get my gun all the way out again before i have to defend myself and end up wasting a grenade. i want to swing the grenade
see the person coming
and instead of quickly chucking my grenade into space then getting out my gun
i want to just hit them with it

FortuneWookie
06-19-2006, 01:14 PM
i dont want the mace on the gun! my whole point is that i dont want to get my gun all the way out again before i have to defend myself and end up wasting a grenade. i want to swing the grenade
see the person coming
and instead of quickly chucking my grenade into space then getting out my gun
i want to just hit them with it

ya i dont' want a dumbass mace on my gun haha

360GearsFanatic
06-19-2006, 01:25 PM
true dat brother...true dat

FortuneWookie
06-19-2006, 01:28 PM
true dat brother...true dat

ya, seriously who would exchange a gun wit a chainsaw, for a gun with a mace, it takes like no energy to chainsaw sumone but then u have a mace that u ahve to struggle to beat sumone's head in, not to mention taht it will look RETARDED! haha

Flaming Hornets
06-19-2006, 03:00 PM
If you grab hold of the butt of your gun and started swinging it around, and then smacked someone in the face, that would be the coolest kill ever.
Imagine the trash talk "OHHHHh you got Mace slapped BIATCH!"

Uday23
06-19-2006, 03:37 PM
thats stupid cuz a chainsaw is much cooler and does more damage then a stupid mace on it

come down i was just throwing ideas out, i was just saying that the locust need some kind of weapon similar to the lancer, right? and since we were talking about maces i just gave and idea, and trust me when a locust who are strong as hell smack u with a spiked mace in the face, lol, u will pretty much die and ur skull would explode, which would make a cool animation, would it not?

Flaming Hornets
06-19-2006, 03:47 PM
come down i was just throwing ideas out, i was just saying that the locust need some kind of weapon similar to the lancer, right? and since we were talking about maces i just gave and idea, and trust me when a locust who are strong as hell smack u with a spiked mace in the face, lol, u will pretty much die and ur skull would explode, which would make a cool animation, would it not?
Mhhh, its not as good as a mace slap

Uday23
06-19-2006, 05:26 PM
^^^god dang it everyone the whole Mace thing was just an idea no need to bad on me for and opinion..........maybe a gun with a can of mace spray would be cool too! ahaha

The Evil Hat
06-19-2006, 05:36 PM

i heard that too

Also if you throw a grenade and it hits someone directly it should be a one hit kill.
Grenades are 1 hit kills

Uday23
06-19-2006, 05:50 PM
i heard that too

Grenades are 1 hit kills

ya i heard something like that also, that would be really sweet, but most of the melees will be the traditional melee gun hit but some will be special like the lancer's melee chainsaw, and hopfully the grenades do this! btw grenades are very rare and very strong, most likely they are one hit kills if they land anywere near u, especially if ur not in cover, remember the e3 demo, cliffy kills 2 locusts with one nade

UnrealWars
06-20-2006, 12:28 AM
^^^god dang it everyone the whole Mace thing was just an idea no need to bad on me for and opinion..........maybe a gun with a can of mace spray would be cool too! ahaha

Ahh my face. Would make a good distraction to chainsaw them!:D

seph
06-20-2006, 04:49 AM
The Locust doesn't have anything special on their guns unless it is MP. If they had, SP would be too hard since you basicly get instagibbed by it. It would also be very difficult to actually chainsaw your opponent since your opponent have a melee attack that will kill you instantly too.

I don't know this by announced facts, just by common sence.

360GearsFanatic
06-20-2006, 03:30 PM
i think we are all a little bit off topic...my first post was that you swing the grenade (no guns...i didnt say anything about guns) into someones face.

Uday23
06-20-2006, 03:34 PM
i think we are all a little bit off topic...my first post was that you swing the grenade (no guns...i didnt say anything about guns) into someones face.

sorry, my bad for brining that up.......

360GearsFanatic
06-20-2006, 03:37 PM
lol, np i was just wondering if i was in the right thread =)

Uday23
06-20-2006, 03:39 PM
lol, np i was just wondering if i was in the right thread =)

lol sometimes i get lost in the forums:)

Trooper TK409
06-20-2006, 06:02 PM

Prepare to be very happy with this game. Grenades, Locusts and any combination thereof.

Zoso Fan
06-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Prepare to be very happy with this game. Grenades, Locusts and any combination thereof.

Yess!, Dude Trooper you have no idea... I could kiss you right now... well NM :D Thats so Rad!

Uday23
06-20-2006, 06:05 PM

WHAT?!?!!? maybe im wrong, well most likely, maybe u can stick ppl with grenades, sorry Zoso and everyone else i doubted, lol, i guess it could happen.....CAN ANYONE TRANSLATE THIS QUOTE, lol im not sure what he is getting at......

Zoso Fan
06-20-2006, 06:06 PM
He's re-assuring without giving away any suprises which is exactly how i like it! :)

Uday23
06-20-2006, 06:09 PM
He's re-assuring without giving away any suprises which is exactly how i like it! :)

me too im loving it!

360GearsFanatic
06-20-2006, 08:16 PM
woot woot! 3 cheers for GOW!

Uday23
06-20-2006, 08:46 PM
there is so many things i want to do to a locust, curbstomp, chainsaw, stick with torqubow arrow and sticky nades........

360GearsFanatic
06-20-2006, 11:07 PM
there is so many things i want to do to a locust, curbstomp, chainsaw, stick with torqubow arrow and sticky nades...........swing grenades into their face!

UnrealWars
06-20-2006, 11:16 PM

OMG, the Epic team is begining to reveal things to us. I am not sure if i can handle all of this greatness at once.:D

GearsManiac123
06-21-2006, 12:01 PM
OMG, the Epic team is begining to reveal things to us. I am not sure if i can handle all of this greatness at once.:Di know! its insane! now i cant wait to stick a few locust's with grenades and watch what happens next!:D

RawrInATor
06-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Im thinking the whole "melee grenade" would be more of a suicide job.
Like... in MP there's 2 guys on your team and 1 on theirs.
SUICIDE MISSION!!! <><>PwNeD<><>
Unless the grenade has a clip on it, just dont take off the clip then melee bash them in the face

Uday23
06-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Im thinking the whole "melee grenade" would be more of a suicide job.
Like... in MP there's 2 guys on your team and 1 on theirs.
SUICIDE MISSION!!! <><>PwNeD<><>
Unless the grenade has a clip on it, just dont take off the clip then melee bash them in the face

well wether it has a clip or not smacking a grenade on someone will most likely activate it and blow everyone close to bits, you never what to be putting any kind of pressure on explosives, but who knows..............

RawrInATor
06-22-2006, 11:37 PM
well wether it has a clip or not smacking a grenade on someone will most likely activate it and blow everyone close to bits, you never what to be putting any kind of pressure on explosives, but who knows..............

Eh...They're futuristic grenades :)

Uday23
06-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Eh...They're futuristic grenades :)

lol, i guess that could mean they dont blow up so easily, but im not sure, i still doubt u can hit someone with ur grenade, maybe some other "special" attack with the grenade will be in the game, but not a melee with it

MacheteMan7
06-23-2006, 12:04 AM
I wanna see a locust come running out of cover stright towards me and then i throw a sticky grenade at his face, watch him fall, and then explode

UnrealWars
06-23-2006, 01:00 AM
I wanna see a locust come running out of cover stright towards me and then i throw a sticky grenade at his face, watch him fall, and then explode

Ahh, sticky gernades. Were would all these funny momentes be without you:D

Uday23
06-23-2006, 01:08 AM
Ahh, sticky gernades. Were would all these funny momentes be without you:D

true dat man! true dat!:D