PDA

View Full Version : EPIC: Controls for the Torquebow

Uday23
06-18-2006, 01:54 PM
well i have read that the torquebow is controlled by the ananlog sticks and however far u pull them back and release determines the arc and distance of ur arrow, but i haver also read that the fire button (RT) controls the torquebow (like any other weapon) and the longer u hold it the straighter and faster it will go, and if u hold it for only a lil while u get more of a lobe shot, So whats going on with the Torquebow, i am not sure how to use it b/c i have heard and read Epic's statements saying both different things, im confused! so what do u guys think

i think u should just use RT like any other weapon and u can arc the arrow by aiming it the way u want and then charging it and releaseing and then detonating, i dont know what the ppl were talking about when they said the analog sticks control the arrows b/c it wouldnt really work too great

btw the Torquebow is a Crossbow type of weapon right, or is it more of a Bow and arrow?

MAYBE SOMEONE FROM EPIC CAN HELP!

Edit: i read in the interview cliffy calls it a Crossbow........

jsh2006
06-18-2006, 02:30 PM
well i have read that the torquebow is controlled by the ananlog sticks and however far u pull them back and release determines the arc and distance of ur arrow, but i haver also read that the fire button (RT) controls the torquebow (like any other weapon) and the longer u hold it the straighter and faster it will go, and if u hold it for only a lil while u get more of a lobe shot, So whats going on with the Torquebow, i am not sure how to use it b/c i have heard and read Epic's statements saying both different things, im confused! so what do u guys think

i think u should just use RT like any other weapon and u can arc the arrow by aiming it the way u want and then charging it and releaseing and then detonating, i dont know what the ppl were talking about when they said the analog sticks control the arrows b/c it wouldnt really work too great

btw the Torquebow is a Crossbow type of weapon right, or is it more of a Bow and arrow?

MAYBE SOMEONE FROM EPIC CAN HELP!

Where is the talk of Torquebows :confused: i have only heard a slight refernce?

GearsManiac123
06-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Where is the talk of Torquebows :confused: i have only heard a slight refernce?
yea, i only hear other people on this forum talking about what they "know" or "heard" from certain people, or they just know sumhow. but where did you get the info. about the analog sticks? i think it would be a creative way to use it, but i like using the RT to fire my weapons.:D

oh and P.S.- the torquebow is a type of bow and arrow. having it like a cross-bow would be cool. but bow and arrows are the weapons that you mainly see being used in wars for long range shots. hence the name...Gears of WAR.;)

Uday23
06-18-2006, 04:30 PM
well we are not sure about anything to do with the Torquebow, search the forum and u will find my thread titled "torquebow", i heard that it was a crossbow then i also heard it was a bow and arrow, so im not sure about that, i just want to know how to use it, i would like the traditional right trigger way of firing weapons, but who knows

Uday23
06-18-2006, 05:45 PM
here is the stuff about the torquebow

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=284&highlight=Torquebow

now can anyone answer my questions, im so confused and i want to know everything i can about this weapon b/c it seems so freakin cool!

Dag Nasty
06-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Are there even any pictures of it?

Flaming Hornets
06-18-2006, 06:00 PM
nope not yet, but keep your fingers crossed

Uday23
06-18-2006, 06:11 PM
yea, i only hear other people on this forum talking about what they "know" or "heard" from certain people, or they just know sumhow. but where did you get the info. about the analog sticks? i think it would be a creative way to use it, but i like using the RT to fire my weapons.:D

oh and P.S.- the torquebow is a type of bow and arrow. having it like a cross-bow would be cool. but bow and arrows are the weapons that you mainly see being used in wars for long range shots. hence the name...Gears of WAR.;)

;)
Actually your wrong, this is straight from the CliffyB interview on the official Gears of War site:

Are the Locust all the same, or are there any variations?
Any good army is going to have a diversified force, and the Locust have many tricks up their sleeves. First up youve got your relentless Drone, a thick-skinned humanoid who takes cover just like a COG soldier. The Boomer is one of the heavier units: Hes a 7-foot-tall walking tank. And hes hungry. The Hunter has less armor, but he wields the Torque Bow, an extremely powerful makeshift explosive crossbow.[/I]

Crossbow, i told u, lol i just want to use it so bad!!!!!!!!!!!

if u dont believe me go here http://gearsofwar.com/BehindTheScenes/CliffB_Interview.htm and read the last paragraph

GearsManiac123
06-18-2006, 08:19 PM
[/b][/u]

;)
Actually your wrong, this is straight from the CliffyB interview on the official Gears of War site:

Are the Locust all the same, or are there any variations?
Any good army is going to have a diversified force, and the Locust have many tricks up their sleeves. First up youve got your relentless Drone, a thick-skinned humanoid who takes cover just like a COG soldier. The Boomer is one of the heavier units: Hes a 7-foot-tall walking tank. And hes hungry. The Hunter has less armor, but he wields the Torque Bow, an extremely powerful makeshift explosive crossbow.[/i]

Crossbow, i told u, lol i just want to use it so bad!!!!!!!!!!!

if u dont believe me go here http://gearsofwar.com/BehindTheScenes/CliffB_Interview.htm and read the last paragraph
nice, i dont know why i was thinking that it was a bow and arrow. now that i think about it, Marcus would look pretty stupid if you watched him step up outta cover and fire a bow and arrow lol. a crossbow would be more advanced.

360GearsFanatic
06-18-2006, 09:26 PM
i must be really, REALLY behind on things because this is my first hearing of anytorque bow...wow...what exactly does it do?

BTW i think it should be shot just like any other weapon...why wouldnt it ya know?

Uday23
06-18-2006, 09:29 PM
i must be really, REALLY behind on things because this is my first hearing of anytorque bow...wow...what exactly does it do?

BTW i think it should be shot just like any other weapon...why wouldnt it ya know?

go to my "the torquebow" thread and u will learn all about it

seph
06-19-2006, 06:29 AM
If it is a cross-bow, which is what I think it is, I would imagine you control it just like every other weapon.

If it is a bow, the most logical explenation I can think of would be that the longer you hold the RT(Shooting button) the harder/longer you shoot the arrow.

Flaming Hornets
06-19-2006, 06:31 AM
I'm guessing if fires similar to the grenades. You get a arch come up and then just let rip. That is the only way i can see of getting an actuate shot

seph
06-19-2006, 06:44 AM
Heh, I wonder how blind fire works with the Torquebow.:p

CliffyB
06-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Heh, I wonder how blind fire works with the Torquebow.:p

It ain't accurate. :)

And it's RT. You get an aiming reticule that straightens the longer you hold RT. So you can lob it or stick it once the reticule is straight.

Uday23
06-19-2006, 06:56 PM

And it's RT. You get an aiming reticule that straightens the longer you hold RT. So you can lob it or stick it once the reticule is straight.

when u press/hold RT u say that an "aiming reticule" shows up and "straightens the longer you hold RT" so so will it be like an ARC like the grenades, b/c i thought the aiming reticle was the target/ crosshairs thing, so how would that straighten? can you explain cliffmasta?

when u hold RT to fire the torquebow's arrow does the arrow automatically shoot once u hold it for too long or can u hold it and move around and then release it?

thanks Cliffy, this is so cool having u active on the forums, and i can't wait to use the torque!

btw can u blindfire grenades?

UnrealWars
06-20-2006, 12:23 AM

Intresting news. So im going to guess that the blind fire is going to be used as a way to damage anything in the area considering the strength of the weapon.

Uday23
06-20-2006, 12:41 AM
Intresting news. So im going to guess that the blind fire is going to be used as a way to damage anything in the area considering the strength of the weapon.

it is hard to hit anything if u blindfire, hence the name "BLIND" fire, lol but its knida accurate when ur up close like when marcus used the shotgun to kill a locust around the corner, but for long range use blindfire is most of the time pointless, but it is still so cool!

UnrealWars
06-20-2006, 01:14 AM
it is hard to hit anything if u blindfire, hence the name "BLIND" fire, lol but its knida accurate when ur up close like when marcus used the shotgun to kill a locust around the corner, but for long range use blindfire is most of the time pointless, but it is still so cool!

Yeah, blind fire is useless from a far, but it does give your teamate cover fire for when he wants to advance his cover position. Keeps the enemies on there feet.

Uday23
06-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Yeah, blind fire is useless from a far, but it does give your teamate cover fire for when he wants to advance his cover position. Keeps the enemies on there feet.

thats what makes it cool, i can't wait to blindfire around the corner with my shotty!

Flaming Hornets
06-20-2006, 07:03 AM

I'm guessing if fires similar to the grenades. You get a arch come up and then just let rip. That is the only way i can see of getting an actuate shot

Wow i got it right.

I cant wait to blind fire the Hammer of Dawn

RIGOR_MORTIS
06-20-2006, 07:08 AM
The hammer of dawn is the big lasers from satellites... You don't use a gun so it's always "blind" isn't it? You control it with your controller.

Uday23
06-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Wow i got it right.

I cant wait to blind fire the Hammer of Dawn

yes the Hammer of Dawn is like the Artillery strike from BF2 MC, except more of a laser that u control the whole time, and "rain fire down on your enemies":)

Flaming Hornets
06-20-2006, 02:29 PM
yes the Hammer of Dawn is like the Artillery strike from BF2 MC, except more of a laser that u control the whole time, and "rain fire down on your enemies":)
does that mean you can't use it indoors?

Uday23
06-20-2006, 02:42 PM
does that mean you can't use it indoors?

well maybe u can blow apart buildings or maybe u can use it on the half destroyed building with holes and stuff, but its mainly a weapon to clear a large group of locusts, like in teh e3 trailer do u remember the laser coming down on some half detsroyed buliding and around that kind of open area to fry the locusts, well its something like that

Flaming Hornets
06-20-2006, 02:47 PM
I would imagine it has to be a toned down version from the trailer, just because in MP it would make things unbalanced

Uday23
06-20-2006, 02:49 PM
I would imagine it has to be a toned down version from the trailer, just because in MP it would make things unbalanced

well it hasnt been announced for MP yet, cliffy only said it will be there for SP and COOP, and he hinted it would be kinda hard to use with a buddy if u want to do it right, and it takes a while to recharge.....