PDA

View Full Version : Fanart, sort of.

lgliang
06-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Yo, Cliff pointed me in this general direction, he figured you all might like my stuff.

http://www.lgliang-arts.com/gallery/album_sf/gears_berserker
http://www.lgliang-arts.com/gallery/album_sf/gow_persistent_drone

Description on there.
Me? I'm no one famous or special, I just draw for a living.

EDIT: It appears my site tends to clog up often, here're the backup Photobucket links to the pics above.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/lgliang/stuff/gears-berserker.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/lgliang/stuff/gow-persistent-drone.jpg

EDIT 06.27.06

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/lgliang/stuff/gow-drone-1.jpg

Uday23
06-16-2006, 02:27 PM
well then how do you know cliffy? lol u must be famous in the gaming community if u know the cliff man! wow ur drawings are amazing, keep it up dude!

seph
06-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Hehe nice drawings man. I love the Locust biting Marcus' foot.;)

Flaming Hornets
06-16-2006, 03:29 PM
The links dont appear to be working.

lgliang
06-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Site's probably just down, check back later.

Shifty
06-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Good stuff man. Very clean.

Flaming Hornets
06-16-2006, 04:10 PM
The links work now, and WOW they are amazing. I like the Space Marine the most

Zoso Fan
06-16-2006, 04:33 PM
That looks so good! Cliffy probaly read the Fan art thread and told vbmenu_register("postmenu_7767", true); Igliang we would love to see some of his stuff. It makes my current drawing im workign on look like crap... Im gonna polish it alot more before i post it now! :)

Flak
06-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Wow great stuff!!

ChaosKnight
06-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Hahah, thats stuffs awesome! Keep it up!

VizorX
06-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Yo, Cliff pointed me in this general direction, he figured you all might like my stuff.

http://www.lgliang-arts.com/gallery/album_sf/gears_berserker

http://www.lgliang-arts.com/gallery/album_sf/gow_persistent_drone

Description on there.

Me? I'm no one famous or special, I just draw for a living.

Very nice stuff. I like your art style.

RIGOR_MORTIS
06-16-2006, 06:29 PM
It's like the inlay of a GWAR CD! GOR GOR! Awesome work!

Whistlerman
06-17-2006, 02:42 AM
o man, those pics are sweet

soda
06-17-2006, 08:00 AM
wow!
thoses drawings are amazing.
Are you sure your not part of the Epic team?

You could get alot of money with your drawings

lgliang
06-17-2006, 12:19 PM
wow!
thoses drawings are amazing.
Are you sure your not part of the Epic team?

You could get alot of money with your drawings

HAH! I can only hope. With no degree to show for and a strict application standard, Epic didn't think I made the cut the first time I applied for the Concept Artist position. Of course it's a tough call for them; if they can get local talent they wouldn't need to import anyone else, and I'm not an american.

At least, not yet.

But hopes are not dashed yet, I figured I wasn't accepted because my gallery was paper thin. I'll try again when I've stuffed it with more pics and doodles. Hopefully by then the positions are still open.

cUnNiNg_StUnTs
06-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Wow! great work man!

chron1caust
06-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Nice drawings, I like the one with the Beserker.

lgliang
06-17-2006, 05:57 PM
As many of you already know from the General Chat crosspost that I'm working on the doodles from the 'seat of my pants', so let's have an audience participation moment!

Whatever you think you should fill me in on; weapons, characters, random esoterica; go right on ahead. The more ignorance I alleviate, the better my understanding and a better feel of the concept. It seems you all know about stuff not mentioned in the artbook, like Gus and some kind of Locust weapon called a Boomshot.

Then, as a point of interest, you could list what you want to see done. A scenario, a redo, a what-if (What if Marcus have Fu Manchu moustaches, chibi-style characters, e.g.), and stuff. I can't guarantee I'll doodle everyone's idea, but it's a good start.

New art links will be edited into my first post, or I could start a new thread for it.

Flaming Hornets
06-17-2006, 06:22 PM
If we post here then ...
i wouldnt mind seeing jack (the crazy robot sidekick) fighting somekind of locust

Uday23
06-17-2006, 06:25 PM
As many of you already know from the General Chat crosspost that I'm working on the doodles from the 'seat of my pants', so let's have an audience participation moment!

Whatever you think you should fill me in on; weapons, characters, random esoterica; go right on ahead. The more ignorance I alleviate, the better my understanding and a better feel of the concept. It seems you all know about stuff not mentioned in the artbook, like Gus and some kind of Locust weapon called a Boomshot.

Then, as a point of interest, you could list what you want to see done. A scenario, a redo, a what-if (What if Marcus have Fu Manchu moustaches, chibi-style characters, e.g.), and stuff. I can't guarantee I'll doodle everyone's idea, but it's a good start.

New art links will be edited into my first post, or I could start a new thread for it.

Igliang! u have to make some kind chainsaw picture, maybe of GUS, DOM, Barid (b/c we have seen alot fo marcus) sawing a locust in half, like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z11wegxhKNc&search=gears%20of%20war%20multi
btw the black guy chainsawing everyone is Gus!

Zoso Fan
06-17-2006, 06:26 PM
I would like to see some content of Marcus and Dom before E-day. That will be a hard draw though...

Uday23
06-17-2006, 06:28 PM
I would like to see some content of Marcus and Dom before E-day. That will be a hard draw though...

imagine them before the war(lets say the werent soliders), they could be in business suits with a briefcase instead of a lancer, lol! Dom would have a slick haircut and Marucs how be wearing a fedora! lol:eek:

Zoso Fan
06-17-2006, 06:30 PM
Just thought of a new one, Marcus in armor with Cliffy B in armor! :) You should totally do it man!

Whistlerman
06-17-2006, 07:13 PM
not only the text is great but how you designd it was sweet

Zoso Fan
06-17-2006, 07:33 PM
What do you draw with and do you sketch in pencil first?

Rexx Doom
06-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Wow!! great stuff, man I've got to start drawing again!!:eek:

HALooVER
06-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Marcus-You should be Freaking Dead

locutus-Tis but a Fleash wound
Get overr here and i will bite your Knee caps off

chron1caust
06-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Igliang! u have to make some kind chainsaw picture, maybe of GUS, DOM, Barid (b/c we have seen alot fo marcus) sawing a locust in half, like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z11wegxhKNc&search=gears%20of%20war%20multi
btw the black guy chainsawing everyone is Gus!
Igliang can you get a drawing of the red guy in the beggining of this video?

Uday23
06-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Igliang can you get a drawing of the red guy in the beggining of this video?

i think that is the theron gaurd........

UnrealWars
06-18-2006, 12:18 AM
imagine them before the war(lets say the werent soliders), they could be in business suits with a briefcase instead of a lancer, lol! Dom would have a slick haircut and Marucs how be wearing a fedora! lol:eek:

Imagine the size of the business suits they would be wearing! But for some reason, i think Marcus would be working at Home Depot selling Chainsaws.:D

Uday23
06-18-2006, 01:58 AM
Imagine the size of the business suits they would be wearing! But for some reason, i think Marcus would be working at Home Depot selling Chainsaws.:D

lol...............and thats how it all started, can u imagine him just picking up the chainsaw as says "ok sir this is the one you wanted right" NO wrong one idiot! "ok thats it im joining the Gears, take this arggggggggghhhhhhh!"

Eveningfall
06-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Man, that's good stuff. I like the clean lines.

lgliang
06-19-2006, 01:52 AM
Question: Where do you all get the information not found on the net, at least not from the 5,000+ sites I had to filter through. Torquebow? Barid? Boomshot? Gus? I'm missing something, aren't I?

Civilian Marcus as a chainsaw producer CEO / salesman in consideration.

Koric101
06-19-2006, 01:59 AM
Question: Where do you all get the information not found on the net, at least not from the 5,000+ sites I had to filter through. Torquebow? Barid? Boomshot? Gus? I'm missing something, aren't I?

Civilian Marcus as a chainsaw producer CEO / salesman in consideration.

I used to just search around for it, but I don't have time any more, I got the forums though. Uday and zoso are true gearheadz and they'll pretty much keep ya updated on all the new stuff, it allows me to keep up to date, even if I cant spend much time on the web, so keep it up. :)

LJF
06-19-2006, 01:59 AM
Good Lord, those are incredible.
How long did they take you?

lgliang
06-19-2006, 09:15 PM
A_ you migh_ have already no_iced, word_ are mi__ing from _hi_ po__. Well, all _he _udden _ome key_ __opped working, in par_icular alphabe_ #19 and #20 and _he number five. A_ _uch, I'll be offline for a long while, becau_e I have no money to _end i_ in for repair_. No_ even _ure if my warran_y cover_ _hi_ _or_ of problem.

Repair_ like _hi_ could co__ a_ much a_ $100, depending on how much _he ba__ard_ wan_ _o _crew me (I've had hard di_k cleaning _ha_ co__ me abou_ $200), money I don'_ have for being joble__. _hi_ i_ wha_ I ge_ for drawing _o ge_ an ar_ job in__ead of _i__ing behind a de_k earning a fixed wage. _o much for aiming high.

Off _o find work. Ar_ ha_ alway_ been ju__ ano_her unreachable dream anyway.

RIGOR_MORTIS
06-19-2006, 10:04 PM
A_ you migh_ have already no_iced, word_ are mi__ing from _hi_ po__. Well, all _he _udde....

My gosh... please... stop.

LJF
06-19-2006, 10:17 PM
A_ you migh_ have already no_iced, word_ are mi__ing from _hi_ po__. Well, all _he _udden _ome key_ __opped working, in par_icular alphabe_ #19 and #20 and _he number five. A_ _uch, I'll be offline for a long while, becau_e I have no money to _end i_ in for repair_. No_ even _ure if my warran_y cover_ _hi_ _or_ of problem.

Repair_ like _hi_ could co__ a_ much a_ $100, depending on how much _he ba__ard_ wan_ _o _crew me (I've had hard di_k cleaning _ha_ co__ me abou_ $200), money I don'_ have for being joble__. _hi_ i_ wha_ I ge_ for drawing _o ge_ an ar_ job in__ead of _i__ing behind a de_k earning a fixed wage. _o much for aiming high.

That is brilliant, thought I'm sure it sucks for you. :\

EDIT: By that, I meant, how you posted.. with the underscores.

UnrealWars
06-19-2006, 11:49 PM

The funny thing is, i understood your post easily.:)

GearHeads
06-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Wow Nice Job. Hope to see more in the near future.

Xenomorph
06-20-2006, 10:21 PM
I'd like to see a big standoff between a group of 4 COG vs. 4 Locust Drones!! And make one of them chainsawing!!!:D

Xenomorph
06-20-2006, 10:22 PM

ARREST THAT POST IN THE NAME OF THE COG!!!!

Flaming Hornets
06-21-2006, 05:19 AM
Lgliang, Art is never unreachable, with your talent you could become the next Picasso. And if you died, your work would sell for millions. Then you would be rich, but i guess it won't be much use to you.
What I'm saying is, Fake your own death

DarkHero 1
06-25-2006, 07:50 AM
They look awesome.

lgliang
06-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Here I am reporting live from the agonisingly slow home PC, devastated by years of sisterly torment. It works, but it's seen better days. Laptop's as broken as it could get, repair costs are astronomical (it's supposedly a motherboard circuitry failure).

Edited a new link to the first post, a Drone doodle. Cliff thought it'd be fun if I reimagined some of the designs, much to the ire of many purist fans here, but without the ability to look outside the box, arting wouldn't be all that fun for me.

Although... I don't think it's much of a reimagine than it is just an uglier version. I have other ideas, will toss them around later. For now I should prepare some more samples, get some coloring done and then reapply for the Epic job. I just hope second time's the charm, I'm too tired and stretched thin to try a third time.

EDIT: Those lumpy stuff on the skin? Think keloids. Tough wads of flesh with very little pain receptors, figured they'd work as crude form of ballistic armor.

Zoso Fan
06-26-2006, 10:28 PM
I love the new one! I think that would be a great new locust! I like how it looks slightly different. Like a sniper locust or something... KEEP EM' COMING! :)

Flak
06-26-2006, 11:23 PM
WOW! That is awesome! I absolutely love seeing your work.

lgliang
07-02-2006, 02:35 AM
I'm back, with everything from C: wiped away. Happy fun days, but that's not the point of my return.

Now, if I understand this correctly, the Lancer is the chainsaw machinegun combo. That's as much as I know, if I may ask the experts here for more details, what else can you tell me about it? Is the chainsaw detachable? Does it fire caseless ammo? And any other tidbits.

The more I learn, the better I can repicture it.

RIGOR_MORTIS
07-02-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm back, with everything from C: wiped away. Happy fun days, but that's not the point of my return.

Now, if I understand this correctly, the Lancer is the chainsaw machinegun combo. That's as much as I know, if I may ask the experts here for more details, what else can you tell me about it? Is the chainsaw detachable? Does it fire caseless ammo? And any other tidbits.

The more I learn, the better I can repicture it.

The good thing is that you posted in the correct thread! :rolleyes:

HyperTitan
07-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Those pictures are awesome. A curbstomping picture would make my day. I would forever love and worship you :p .

dark fenix2007
03-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Hello there

Black Asgard
03-14-2007, 09:33 PM
thats bleeding awesome!

ZionEntity
03-15-2007, 11:38 AM
DAMN AWESOME bro!!!!!!!

!g0t 0wn3g3!
03-15-2007, 02:34 PM
crazy drawing man do you do clan banner and/r sigs and avatar? tey would be sic!!!! without the k lol but just asking oh suckswith the eyboard

BlkBullet23
03-16-2007, 04:07 AM
Wow, this thread is pretty old. :D

Badass artwork, a drone hanging by its teeth.. wooooord. :D your other work is awesome as well. Thumbs up.
Good luck with the epic thing, hope you make it. :cool:

Hey, I didnt see that drone reimagined pic. Nice work, I like the eyes and the small strands of hair you added.

Black Asgard
03-16-2007, 06:48 AM
what reimagined art, blk?

wickedsteve
03-16-2007, 11:59 PM
Not only is it a great example of skill and craftsmanship but you also are obviously creative. Keep up the good work, Igliang.

Dalina
03-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Im soooo confused.