PDA

View Full Version : random sorta freezes...

legacy-Twisted_Soul
11-01-2004, 01:45 PM
ok just over the past couple days when playing ut2004 the game will ocassionally freeze. like if its a load pause BUT instead of continueing a few seconds later like if it was a load pause my screen will flicker from the frozen game image to a black screen back to the game image.

it might repeat a few times and maybe itll eventually continue on like normal but sometimes it just stop all together and im forced to reach down to the reset button.

its never done this before this past weekend. the game and my system has pretty much always been very stable. my temps seem fine as my cpu is idling around 45C. also virus scans and such show nothing so i dont think it could be anything like that either.

ive also only noticed this in UT2k4 so far.

if my specs may be needed they are:
MSI KT4AV
Athlon XP 2400+
768mb ddr266
128MB Radeon 9800se
SB Audigy
40GB HD
80GB HD
400W power supply
WinXP SP2

anyone have any ideas whats going on here? and how to fix this?

legacy--Replika-
11-01-2004, 02:19 PM
If the game doesnt freeze when theres action on big maps, it wouldnt be the cpu overheating.
Try do a reinstall....

legacy-Twisted_Soul
01-18-2005, 02:52 AM
ok i know this thread is sorta old but why start a new one when all the info is right here?

anyway. this problem disappeared for a while and now seems to be back. BUT it only seems to happen in BR-Icefields now. i did some testing and itll do it both online and off. also it does that same thing as posted above in BOTH 2k3 and 2k4. which leads me to beleive a reinstall wouldnt do much good.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening just on this one map and not any others(or none that i know of atleast)?

legacy-||| || | || |||
01-18-2005, 01:08 PM
a black flicking screen (like the monitor turning itself off then on again) usually with a click from the monitor, is usually the headsup that your gfx could be on its way out.

make sure its fairly clean, the fans are clean and that its fitted snugly into the motherboard!