PDA

View Full Version : Speed Hack Detected Again?

legacy-sWs Vito
10-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Well were getting this error again since the latest patch is there a way to turn it off our change the settings still?

Imaginos
10-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Have you tried this first?

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/images_unreal2/top_search.gif (http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/search.php?s=)

legacy-sWs Vito
10-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Well i guess i should of ask can these setting still be pasted in into the ini if your not using ut2004.ini as your ini with the lastest patch?

[Core.System]
Suppress=DevLIPSinc

[Engine.LevelInfo]
MaxTimeMargin=1.0
TimeMarginSlack=1.35
MinTimeMargin=-1.0

Imaginos
10-08-2004, 12:54 AM
A search for speed hack detection should have found your answer in this thread:
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381515

And whatever ini you're using is where this stuff should be.

legacy-Fish
10-08-2004, 06:41 PM
yes which deals with the problem when it occured 3 patches ago is it still valid, dose it still work? A lot of things happen in patches which may mean that this dose not work and may in fact harm server perfomance. that is the question.

legacy-Cdn_Roughrider
10-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Well, since I find it easier to answer the question than post SA remarks ...

I've still been using those ini settings to prevent false speed hacks on both my servers without any problems. They both have been running fine with the Timemarginslack, etc. settings.

Roughrider

legacy-sWs Vito
10-09-2004, 10:37 AM
Thanks;)

Imaginos
10-09-2004, 03:16 PM
FFS, do we have to do all the homework for you lazy bastards?!
USE the bloody search button. Throw caution to the wind and google something. Jesus tap dancing christ don't act so helpless!

Yes, it works. It is in the current patch. The noted method to turn it off works as well.
If you are continuing to see false speedhacks, it's likely packet loss with the affected player.

The5thviruz
10-09-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Imaginos
FFS, do we have to do all the homework for you lazy bastards?!
USE the bloody search button. Throw caution to the wind and google something. Jesus tap dancing christ don't act so helpless!

:D

Mind if i sig that?:haha: :up:

Imaginos
10-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Ha! Sure. Now that the migraine is a bit milder it makes me smirk now too.

Tbh, I'm just having a bad week.

Fighting for custody of my daughter and the only thing that has gone right sofar (for me) was the Red Sox beat the Angles. There will be ALCS and maybe more again in Beantown!

legacy-SJAndrew
10-09-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Imaginos
Ha! Sure. Now that the migraine is a bit milder it makes me smirk now too.

Tbh, I'm just having a bad week.

Fighting for custody of my daughter and the only thing that has gone right sofar (for me) was the Red Sox beat the Angles. There will be ALCS and maybe more again in Beantown!

Bummer :(

I hope everything goes well with your Daughter.

And, I'm rooting for a BoSox Cards series. I will be happy whoever wins that one.

Imaginos
10-10-2004, 11:39 AM
My ex is a total flake. Her and my daughter were fighting again and 10 phone calls later I have my little girl on a plane coming out to NJ! (well.. she's 13.. and taller than her mom - so I would want to see that fight if it happens.. heh!)
I'll be picking her up shortly after the Patriots whoop ass on Miami and step into the record books.

Thanx to all - the prayers seem to have done the trick.