PDA

View Full Version : Fog and multiple zones

legacy-Perfect Chaos
10-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Ok I have a little problem I need to fix. How do I keep fog from "popping" on from one zone to another? Is there a way to have the fog in another zone visible from another zone, wiithout actually having fog in both zones? I have a base with a couple of zones, and the outside (terrain) are a which has fog. It not only lags very badly when you have a view of outside from the base (since there is no fog and everything is rendered) but also it does not look right, plus the fog pops into place when you move between zones. I'd prefer to avoid having fog in the base itself, if I can, since it doesn't look right. Thanks.

legacy-C+R Combo
10-02-2004, 01:46 PM
I don't know of a way it can be done. I've tried it several times but it just keeps 'popping' on when you change zones. Maybe unreal3 will have some realtime fog. :)

legacy-Nuclear hazard
10-02-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by C+R Combo
Maybe unreal3 will have some realtime fog. :) probably yes

legacy-Perfect Chaos
10-02-2004, 03:35 PM
Ok, I'll just have to have fog in the base too. It doesn't look TOO bad... I suppose since that it is a somewhat open to the air base that fog inside of it isn't terribly unrealistic.

legacy-Fecal Marmaset
10-02-2004, 03:59 PM
If you'd like, you can send your map to me. I'll look at it and see if I can solve your problem. It may be Sunday before I can check it out.

Send me a link. or email me. :up:

:D