PDA

View Full Version : OT: BrainWave Generator

legacy-Phleace
10-02-2004, 12:58 AM
Sup folks. I downloaded this program called 'BrainWave' and it supposedly messes with your mind and does all kinds of crazy stuff via sound and your brain. There's tons of different presets you can download to listen to that give you different experiences. I don't know what to think, but people have had mixed reactions to using this program. It could almost be like a drug... if used properly. Weird. It can help your mood, your emotions, your feelings, etc etc. There are presets that try and help out with depression, attention, relaxation, meditation, and some "special" ones in the downloads section.

Check it out... if you want.

BrainWave Generator (http://www.bwgen.com)

From their site:

Examples of possible uses for brain stimulation:

Relaxation and meditation by entraining your brain into desired states
Enhancement of learning capabilities (super learning)
Sleep induction (for treating insomnia or just for falling asleep quicker)
Focusing attention and enhancing awareness
Alleviation of headaches and migraines, as well as other pain
Preparation for stressful situations
Self hypnosis and/or subliminal programming

Some people also claim that the following might be achieved with brain stimulation. However, there is no direct scientific proof of any of these, so a bit of a skeptical attitude is recommended:

Enhancing psychic capabilities like tendency towards out-of-body experiences, remote viewing, telepathy, telekinesis, etc.
Mental and astral projection.

The following people should not use brain entrainment products like BrainWave Generator:
People subject to any forms of seizures or epilepsy
People using pacemakers
People suffering from cardiac arrhythmia or other heart disorders
People taking stimulants, psychoactive drugs, or tranquilizers

This is some weird ****.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

legacy-RedShadowXX2
10-02-2004, 01:07 AM
Erm...does the sleep induction work?

legacy-Turbidity
10-02-2004, 01:09 AM
Doubt it.

legacy-JUJUM4N
10-02-2004, 01:22 AM
LOL

Some one try it!

legacy-Phleace
10-02-2004, 01:33 AM
People subject to any forms of seizures or epilepsy
People using pacemakers
People suffering from cardiac arrhythmia or other heart disorders
People taking stimulants, psychoactive drugs, or tranquilizers

This is crazy stuff. After a few minutes, depending on the preset, you start to notice stuff. I've told some buddies about this thing, and they're loving it, lol. You can trip out with BrainWave and not have to worry about killing or freezing any cells in your brain.

Uber.

:up:

You can also convert the presets to MP3's and play them on an iPod or whatever you use. Lots of people use this, and apparently it an draw you into a lucid dream quite quickly. The most i've used this for is ten minutes, but there are many people who use it for hours at a time, and report tons of crazy stuff. Lots of people have left testimonials for each preset that's been released as to what it's done, how long they did it for, etc etc.

legacy-FireCrack
10-02-2004, 01:37 AM
A free iPod?

legacy-RedShadowXX2
10-02-2004, 01:38 AM
I can't help but be so skeptical. :confused:

legacy-Phleace
10-02-2004, 01:51 AM
Alright, i'm going to give this a try for the night. According to a lot of people, the LD Test Preset is one of the best presets to have lucid dreams... and damn do I love to play 2004 in my dreams... but Lucid Dreams only occur once in a while. If this really can "spawn" me into a lucid dream, then i'll be going to be much earlier from now on. I'll be getting my game on right after work... and in my mind, the bots DO know what they're doing. ;)

LD Test Preset (http://www.bwgen.com/presets/desc527.htm)

You can export any of the presets to a WAV file. All you do is specify the time you want the song to loop, and it'll make it for you. From there, you can put it onto some sort of media (though WAV's can get pretty big. An hour and a half of the LD Test Preset weighed in at approx 950MB, but I had room on my iPod) Depending on what encoder you use, you can convert it to mp3 with no problem.

Happy dreaming.

...I hope I don't like... die... in my sleep. If so, it has been a real blessing to be a part of this community. You're all wonderful people, and I will always think of each and every one of you as family.

legacy-Turbidity
10-02-2004, 01:56 AM
Just downloaded it...

Well...Hm. I started playing the first default sound, and noticed my head relaxing instantly. I'm really impressed, i was so close to calling bs.

legacy-fiLa
10-02-2004, 02:40 AM
cool I must test this with some green stuff

legacy-FireCrack
10-02-2004, 02:58 AM
hmm you need registered to use plugins

legacy-dabaron
10-02-2004, 03:13 AM
I smell scam.

Think about it. If you can control another person's mind, why be satisfied with making them quit smoking? Why not make them email you credit card numbers, buy your parent company's products, assassinate George Lucas, etc?

How do you know they didn't control your brain to make you use download the software?

That assumes this horse puckey works...

legacy-sharpie-love
10-02-2004, 03:34 AM
I think it's kinda fun, though none of the presets seemed to have any effect on me.

I just like tooling around in the editor, coming up with wierd noises to irritate my pets with.

legacy-PsychoSquirrel
10-02-2004, 05:45 AM
:haha:

I might give it a go.

legacy-[fH]Freak
10-02-2004, 06:25 AM
im scared it'l be one of those things that makes you jump

i need proof it isnt

legacy-Zentak
10-02-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Phleace
Focusing attention and enhancing awareness No more brightskins on UTComp, use Brainwave Generator :rolleyes:

legacy-Captain_anarchy
10-02-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by fiLa
cool I must test this with some green stuff :up:

KriLL3.8™
10-02-2004, 07:32 AM
Here's another one:

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/47/

:p

Tip: keep wallet out of reach and dont give in the the chocolate! :bulb:

legacy-BabyNuke
10-02-2004, 07:33 AM
Doesn't do much for me so far :(

legacy-Eeep!!!
10-02-2004, 07:49 AM
You have to listen to this with earplugs, otherwise the binaural beats wont work :P
Sometimes it takes a long while to 'work' though even with earplugs, so you gotta be patient, sometimes it wont work at all. I tried it a couple of times and it was pretty fun, didnt pay for though but found a way to trick the program to accept custom made presets by other people.... :D

legacy-fiLa
10-02-2004, 09:36 AM
well I listend to it for 5minutes but then I started to get headache and they wont go away now :down::mad:

legacy-CH405
10-02-2004, 10:13 AM
Argh!!
The Attention focusing 1 is loud and everything sounds like static!!

Still testing..

Flak
10-02-2004, 10:26 AM
:rolleyes:

legacy-neoflame
10-02-2004, 11:28 AM
Holy crap.

I tried the "Instant OBE 999" preset downloaded from their library...

After about 30 seconds I noticed my head kept nodding up and down uncontrollably........

Some powerful stuf :confused: I'll probably try some more later...

Mr. Brownstone
10-02-2004, 11:29 AM
well I listend to it for 5minutes but then I started to get headache and they wont go away now Use the “Headache treatment” preset. :p

virax
10-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Wow. I really like this. If you sit there just listening, waiting for it to do something, you're like... "WTF? This doesn't work."

However, if you just leave it on, not too loud in the background, you do start to notice improved concentration, or relaxation, depending on what you're listening to. I've got to try the lucid dreaming one. :)

legacy--TW-
10-02-2004, 03:28 PM
*tries it*

edit: Lmao, just testing the "lsd" preset--- it feels just weird.

legacy-NiTrOcALyPsE
10-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Eeep!!!
didnt pay for though but found a way to trick the program to accept custom made presets by other people.... :D

How would you go about doing this?

legacy--TW-
10-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
How would you go about doing this? It´s not that hard... there are certain pages you know... *cough*pm me *cough*

testing this : http://www.bwgen.com/presets/desc570.htm

legacy-neoflame
10-02-2004, 03:49 PM
How would you go about doing this?
Uh.... I wonder? :confused:

legacy-Jion
10-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Sounds like white noise at varying frequencies . . it definitely has an effect on my brain though. As a user of it for about two minutes, it gives me a headache rather than helps me relax.

Trailboss3
10-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Aren't some of these the ambient background noises from the old Star Trek series;) :D :bulb:

Interesting find though:)

legacy-FrozenSquirrel
10-02-2004, 03:58 PM
whats lucid dreams? (im dumb). id like to try an out of body experience one but i dont wanna pay.

legacy-neoflame
10-02-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by FrozenSquirrel
whats lucid dreams? (im dumb).
Basically, AFAIK, dreaming while knowing you're dreaming. (Which means total control in your dreams.... :))

id like to try an out of body experience one but i dont wanna pay.
PM.

legacy-[FnG] Lazz
10-02-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by FrozenSquirrel
whats lucid dreams?

When your in a dream and you realise it, and have the ability to control everything.

legacy-FrozenSquirrel
10-02-2004, 04:04 PM
wow thats awesome

legacy--TW-
10-02-2004, 04:10 PM
damn thats tough ****... I was listening to this http://www.bwgen.com/presets/desc603.htm and then it ended and my eyes suddenly started closing and opening for like 1 minute and I was like falling down slow but then I could get up again... man this is weird ****, still have a weird feeling in my stumach and arms and my head is moving back and forth... gonna try the lsd one now

legacy-neoflame
10-02-2004, 04:13 PM
What LSD one? :confused:

legacy-Eeep!!!
10-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Sweet I wasnt aware there where other LD enthusiasts here. There's a couple of good sites with info on lucid dreaming, such as lucidity.com and dreamviews.com, both very good sites since they dont connect lucid dreaming to spiritual bull**** such as astral projection and other dumb ****... Anyone who believes that should go to randi.org and check out what he's got to say on those things :)

legacy-DarK
10-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Cocaine works just as well:o

legacy--TW-
10-02-2004, 04:16 PM
this (http://www.bwgen.com/presets/desc582.htm) or this : one (http://www.bwgen.com/presets/desc582.htm) man thats weird... I was just going to the kitchen and saw a little bug in the middle of the room and it terriblly scrared me for like 1 second, I jumped like 1 metre away from it till I realised it was only a bug... and when I closed my eyes I saw like a face like the one of Jason from friday the 13th... and I feel kind of happy and weird at the same timr now

legacy-Yourself
10-02-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by -TW-
this (http://www.bwgen.com/presets/desc582.htm) or this : one (http://www.bwgen.com/presets/desc582.htm) man thats weird... I was just going to the kitchen and saw a little bug in the middle of the room and it terriblly scrared me for like 1 second, I jumped like 1 metre away from it till I realised it was only a bug... and when I closed my eyes I saw like a face like the one of Jason from friday the 13th... and I feel kind of happy and weird at the same timr now

Hmm.. I listened to this program, and found $10 million in cash sitting by my desk.

It works! :up:

legacy-carmatic
10-02-2004, 04:32 PM
hmmm, i wonder what did flak think of it by :rolleyes: ? downloaded it, ran it for a few seconds, realized that its not gonna work cuz my case fans are just so dam loud.... cant wait for my waterblock to arrive...

legacy-Eeep!!!
10-02-2004, 05:07 PM
the program is ancient though, wish they'd update it... :bulb:

legacy-fiLa
10-02-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by neoflame
Basically, AFAIK, dreaming while knowing you're dreaming. (Which means total control in your dreams.... :))

PM.

yeah that would rock, I would **** every girl I know :)
A lot of people had these dreams and you can train to have one but it take a lot of time and mind controll, nothing for the usual lazy gamer like me :/

legacy-Eeep!!!
10-02-2004, 05:23 PM
A lot of people had these dreams and you can train to have one but it take a lot of time and mind controll, nothing for the usual lazy gamer like me :/

Dont you think its worth it? I do.
Think of it... Say a Star Treck holodeck, in your mind, thats a nice geeky analogy. Thats enough to get me goin! :D

legacy-fiLa
10-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Think of it... Say a Star Treck holodeck, in your mind, thats a nice geeky analogy. Thats enough to get me goin! :D

Of course its worth it but Im the laziest man on earth.

legacy-fiLa
10-02-2004, 05:33 PM
btw here is some information about this topic

http://www.lucidity.com/

or just googl for "lucid dreams"

legacy-compjarg
10-02-2004, 05:34 PM
I'v tryed this prog awhile back, pretty damn cool if you ask me. Alot of the presets actualy do work if your in the right mood and your settings are good for you. Just don't do it to load, or listen for to long, them headaches are a real *****, and the headache preset don't work very well if you got your headache from another preset.

legacy-Eeep!!!
10-02-2004, 05:41 PM
btw here is some information about this topic

http://www.lucidity.com/

or just googl for "lucid dreams"

www.dreamviews.com, my fave site.

legacy-ThePerfectCore
10-02-2004, 05:59 PM
Hmm, placebo effect anyone?

I'll try it later while I'm playing UT. Who knows what might happen.

legacy-neoflame
10-02-2004, 06:02 PM
That's what a lot of people do..... :p

I haven't managed to achieve lucidity yet but am working on it :)

legacy-Sailor_Saturn
10-02-2004, 07:17 PM
i tried it and also enabled the fullscreen display and changed the flashing colors to pink and a lighter pink, it seemed to do its job, i felt entranced and bagan to yawn quickly (i used to regular sleep enducing preset)

i might try it again today or tonight

legacy-Yourself
10-02-2004, 08:31 PM

When you sleep, your mind is not fully active, and you cannot rationally think. You can have flying people no matter how hard you try to stay realistic... therefore, Lucid dreaming isn't anything special.

Either that, or I have no clue what I am talking about.

legacy-neoflame
10-02-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Yourself
When you sleep, your mind is not fully active, and you cannot rationally think. You can have flying people no matter how hard you try to stay realistic... therefore, Lucid dreaming isn't anything special.

Either that, or I have no clue what I am talking about. AFAIK, during lucid dreaming your mind is fully active. Actually, during any type of dream your mind is active, just unable to comprehend (for most people) that you're in a dreamworld and not in reality.

Therefore, during waking you are bound by the laws of physics, society, etc. while in a lucid dream you are bound solely by your own mind. Since you aren't limited by your real senses and capabilities, you can fly, and actually fully believe you're flying (while being sane :p), or be able to see the smallest details on objects/people/whatever. Lucid dreaming reality is whatever you choose it to be.

Thus:

legacy-Yourself
10-02-2004, 08:50 PM
AFAIK, during lucid dreaming your mind is fully active. Actually, during any type of dream your mind is active, just unable to comprehend (for most people) that you're in a dreamworld and not in reality.

Therefore, during waking you are bound by the laws of physics, society, etc. while in a lucid dream you are bound solely by your own mind. Since you aren't limited by your real senses and capabilities, you can fly, and actually fully believe you're flying (while being sane :p), or be able to see the smallest details on objects/people/whatever. Lucid dreaming reality is whatever you choose it to be.

Thus:

Uh.. ok, but you would still be unable to experience NEW experiences. All you will be able to feel is what you have felt and remember the feeling of. :p

So, no, don't try to eat that kind of pie you never tasted but want to tase.. it will simply taste like a cherry pie. :cry:

legacy-neoflame
10-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Uh.. ok, but you would still be unable to experience NEW experiences. All you will be able to feel is what you have felt and remember the feeling of. :p
Can't the human mind synthesize some information based on preexisting data? That's the whole concept of imagination, isn't it? (Either that, or I'm talking out my *** and have no idea what I'm talking about :p)

It would seem to me that otherwise it would be impossible to go and wank off to anyone who you'd never actually ****ed, which would make for rather boring pr0n :confused:

legacy-Yourself
10-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Can't the human mind synthesize some information based on preexisting data? That's the whole concept of imagination, isn't it? (Either that, or I'm talking out my *** and have no idea what I'm talking about :p)

It would seem to me that otherwise it would be impossible to go and wank off to anyone who you'd never actually ****ed, which would make for rather boring pr0n :confused:

But the information wouldn't be correct!

For the pie example, the mind might make something up, but it cannot give you the proper taste (and again, what the mind WILL make up will be similar to what you have experienced already).

:)

Again, I'm just shooting in the dark for this.. I don't have any deep experience with anything related to mind & brain, so you might know more than me... In that case, sorry. ;)

legacy-neoflame
10-02-2004, 08:55 PM
But it wouldn't be correct! :p
Perhaps not, but it would still be enjoyable :p

legacy-Yourself
10-02-2004, 09:00 PM
Perhaps not, but it would still be enjoyable :p

Hmm, well, I won't be able to experience it. Every time I come close to any kind of a lucid dream, I always wake up. I cannot dream with knowing that I dream.

legacy-neoflame
10-02-2004, 09:09 PM
Hmm, well, I won't be able to experience it. Every time I come close to any kind of a lucid dream, I always wake up. I cannot dream with knowing that I dream.
That sucks :(

Maybe try the program that this thread was (initially) about? :p

legacy-Eeep!!!
10-02-2004, 09:20 PM

Either that, or I have no clue what I am talking about.

no, you dont really have a clue :P.

I've had 5 LD's, pretty short. Still working on it, trying to have one where I have the time to do what I want.
Read "Exploring the world of Lucid dreaming" by dr. LaBerge. I reccomend it to everyone.

neoflame kinda seems to know a little bit more of what he's talking about :P

Anyway I'm actually pretty excited that we can discuss this stuff here, its a wonderfull experience and the more people that know about it the better, because I really think it can be a life-changing experience as long as you dont start to connect weird stuff such as AP and OBE to it... :)

REAPER
10-02-2004, 09:23 PM
I don't get what people mean by you can control your dreams. Are you sorta saying that you create whatever you want in your dream as if it was real life and u had magical powers :D

legacy-neoflame
10-02-2004, 09:25 PM
Read "Exploring the world of Lucid dreaming" by dr. LaBerge. I reccomend it to everyone.
ROFL... As it happens, that's the first (and only) book I've read on the subject (actually, literally reading it right now.... as I type this it's sitting in front of my monitor :D)

Reaper, basically yes.

legacy-Eeep!!!
10-02-2004, 09:27 PM
read the sites www.lucidity.com and www.dreamviews.com and www.ld4all.com.

IF you fully realise you're dreaming, realise its in your mind, realise you're in controll, yeah then you can do what you want. Holodeck in your mind is as how I like to compare it to. There's more to it then that though, just read the sites. Its gonna take some effort, but the payoff is huge. I'd trade in ALOT for having an uncanny ability to LD. Read the sites and collect some information, in my opinion its definately worth it, though ofcourse its for you to decide. Anyway I'd encourage you to enrich your life that way but ofcourse as it is with anything, its your own decision.

legacy-Esproc
10-02-2004, 09:32 PM
while i sleep, i know that i sleep and i know what i am donig yet at the same time, i lean back, kick off my shoes, and watch the show.

P.S. outta all of the sounds that i tested, none worked of sounds had worked fo me

legacy-Yourself
10-02-2004, 09:34 PM
no, you dont really have a clue :P.

:cry:

REAPER
10-02-2004, 09:49 PM
so far I think two of the sounds have worked, the one for deep sleep because I could actually feel my head getting heavy, and the one that wakes you back up because I used it after I stopped playing the deep sleep one :p

legacy-Eeep!!!
10-02-2004, 09:56 PM
dont take too mcuh of my advice im'drunk and bitter caus e nobody in my friendslist is replyign cause all the bastards are sleeping ro doinwing wahttever and im jsutsittin ghere and drunk. :mad: bastards.

REAPER
10-02-2004, 09:57 PM
dont take too mcuh of my advice im'drunk and bitter caus e nobody in my friendslist is replyign cause all the bastards are sleeping ro doinwing wahttever and im jsutsittin ghere and drunk. :mad: bastards.

k:confused:

legacy-Eeep!!!
10-02-2004, 09:58 PM
:cry:

legacy-Yourself
10-02-2004, 09:58 PM

:bulb: Hmm. :weird:

legacy-acc
10-02-2004, 09:59 PM
I tried that relaxtion 2 one, and almost immediately after turning it on I felt like... passing out. Then I felt like crying. Now while I'm typing this my head and arms feel really, really heavy.

That thing just sapped out almost all of my energy (although admittedly I'm pretty tired already so that wasn't much). The metal refresher helped get it back a bit though.

I'm kinda scared to try anything else. Family is going to come in and see me unconscious on the floor or something...

legacy-Yourself
10-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by acc
I'm kinda scared to try anything else. Family is going to come in and see me unconscious on the floor or something...

On topic: is this program free? Is it a trial version or something?

The5thviruz
10-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Can someone tell me how to use custom presets please....

legacy-neoflame
10-02-2004, 10:05 PM
It's ("unmodified" by external "utilities", one of which I have ;)) a 30-day trial that can't import custom presets. If you want custom presets, buy it or get an external "utility". :p

The5thviruz
10-02-2004, 10:07 PM
It's ("unmodified" by external "utilities", one of which I have ;)) a 30-day trial that can't import custom presets. If you want custom presets, buy it or get an external "utility". :p

But you PMed the others....:(

legacy-Yourself
10-02-2004, 10:07 PM

Hmm, ok. Thanks for the answer. :)

legacy-³Ž`
10-02-2004, 10:41 PM
nice find :eek:

Trailboss3
10-02-2004, 10:41 PM
dont take too mcuh of my advice im'drunk and bitter caus e nobody in my friendslist is replyign cause all the bastards are sleeping ro doinwing wahttever and im jsutsittin ghere and drunk. :mad: bastards. Might want to ease up on the red dew there Eeep!!!;) :bulb:

legacy-Yourself
10-02-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Trailboss3
Might want to ease up on the red dew there Eeep!!!;) :bulb:

I think it is the BrainWave generator that is affecting him. He probably initiated some crazy custom preset that possesed him and his mind... Eeep is lost to us now... :( *A moment of silence*

legacy-sharpie-love
10-02-2004, 10:55 PM
I tired the self hypnotism one, and combined with some tecniques I learned in a psychotherapy class, I was able to hypnotize myself with a bit less concentration than is usually required.

But that's the only one that seemed to work even a little on me :bulb:

legacy-carmatic
10-02-2004, 11:04 PM
hm about the dreaming parts... i guess its abit like, how other people's imaginations (like good ut2k4 maps) can have a profound effect on your mood, except your looping it back at yourself... it doesnt have to matter that some of the stuff your dreaming about might not be true, just as long as your enjoying it... its just like games, they dont have to be 100% realistic, just as long as they sell...

legacy-Human
10-02-2004, 11:05 PM
Alright, i'm going to give this a try for the night. According to a lot of people, the LD Test Preset is one of the best presets to have lucid dreams... and damn do I love to play 2004 in my dreams... but Lucid Dreams only occur once in a while. If this really can "spawn" me into a lucid dream, then i'll be going to be much earlier from now on. I'll be getting my game on right after work... and in my mind, the bots DO know what they're doing. ;)

You can export any of the presets to a WAV file. All you do is specify the time you want the song to loop, and it'll make it for you. From there, you can put it onto some sort of media (though WAV's can get pretty big. An hour and a half of the LD Test Preset weighed in at approx 950MB, but I had room on my iPod) Depending on what encoder you use, you can convert it to mp3 with no problem.

Happy dreaming.

...I hope I don't like... die... in my sleep. If so, it has been a real blessing to be a part of this community. You're all wonderful people, and I will always think of each and every one of you as family.
Gee, haven't heard from him since???

legacy-dabaron
10-02-2004, 11:08 PM
Yay! for comatose nerds fighting Agent Smith/boinking Trinity in their own personal Matrix.

And you thought Everquest created problems....

legacy-Turbidity
10-02-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Human
Gee, haven't heard from him since??? :confused:

legacy-carmatic
10-02-2004, 11:11 PM
uhh.... oh crap

legacy---]crUsh[--
10-02-2004, 11:33 PM
What a load of utter bollocks. If any of you think this woo-woo stuff is genuine, then go win US$1,000,000 (http://www.randi.org/research/index.html). While you are at that site, read up and expand your mind the proper way.

legacy-vhx
10-02-2004, 11:34 PM
:rolleyes: It's such bull, doesn't work. If you think it works, its all in your head. Kind of how coffee has 1 stimulant and like 40 depressants, you only feel the effect because someone told you what it does. :o

legacy-Turbidity
10-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by vhx
:rolleyes: It's such bull, doesn't work. If you think it works, its all in your head. Kind of how coffee has 1 stimulant and like 40 depressants, you only feel the effect because someone told you what it does. :o
Even so, it still works.

legacy-vhx
10-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Turbidity
Even so, it still works.
Keep believing so, then you won't feel like such a douche. :cry: :p

legacy-Turbidity
10-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by vhx
Keep believing so, then you won't feel like such a douche. :cry: :p The point is that believing anything strongly enough to have it affect the subconcious mind doesn't invalidate the results.

legacy-Human
10-02-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by vhx
Talk to Phleace about it. If you can find him...

legacy-Phleace
10-02-2004, 11:52 PM
Sorry i'm just now replying. After I got up this morning, I went to work, out to lunch, to a football game, out to dinner, and yeah, i'm back now. For all of you saying this program is BS, then maybe I was just lucky... and had a lucid dream last night. I downloaded a lucid dream preset (see my last post) and set it to 1.5 hours, and put the WAV on my iPod. After about 10 minutes of just laying in bed, I started to notice the different sounds within the sound. Obviously when you first play a preset, you only hear the constant sound of one object. After a few minutes, however, my mind broke up this single sound into many different artifacts, and after concentrating on one for a few minutes, I was asleep.

Wether this was my first dream or not, I don't know. I was playing airsoft. I woke up, walked around my house, it was Saturday (just like it was today), had breakfeast, went online but didn't see my thread on here, then turned off the computer. That was only step one. At that point, I had not realized I was dreaming. I was still spectating, I guess you could say. My dad recently banished me from playing airsoft. I can't play it, nor do I have any guns, but in my dream, I sure as hell did. I walked into my bedroom, looked into my closet, and there was a Tokyo Marui M4A1... the kind of gun I was always hoping to buy, but got denied by my dad before I could go to the store and get it. I pulled it off the shelf. It was heavy. The plastic felt like hard plastic. The steel parts felt like steel. I took out the magazine, and it was full. It was about at that moment when I told myself "I'll put the magazine back in" and I did. I didn't see myself do it, however, I actually put it in. Then it occured to me, that I must be dreaming. I paused for a moment, expecting to see a bright light and the sun coming into my bedroom window... but no, I was still asleep. I was awake within my dream. I mad it to the lucid stage.

...Anyways, to make a long story short, I got with a few buddies (who just happened to be outside of my house for whatever reason) and played with them. We played for what felt like hours... and when I went to bed in my dream that night, I woke up. The lucid dream was over, my alarm clock said 4:13 AM, and now Supertramp was playing on my iPod.

I think i'll be having a lot of fun with this program. BTW, there are some presets that effect the physical aspects and can make you imagine things. For the sake of keeping the thread clean, i'm not going to mention what stuff did what, but man i'm loving this!

legacy-NiTrOcALyPsE
10-03-2004, 12:15 AM
yeah that would rock, I would **** every girl I know

Oh I'd do more than just girls, hee hee hee.... :)

The5thviruz
10-03-2004, 12:18 AM
Oh I'd do more than just girls, hee hee hee.... :)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:
:haha: :haha: :haha:

legacy-Turbidity
10-03-2004, 12:26 AM
I, for one, accept our new subliminal overlords.
edit: if you've gotten it to work with presets, pm me.

legacy-bobdole235
10-03-2004, 01:16 AM
Man this is some cool stuff. I just installed it and started listening to the relax and within 2 minutes I was out. Dead asleep. Aparently my head hit my desk pretty good becaue I have a large red mark now.

legacy-B1tchChicken
10-03-2004, 01:19 AM
I know this is going to sound quite insane...
Lucid dreaming is absolutely wonderous if you can manage it. I used to be able to do it all the time, especially before the age of 15. Sometimes If I was lucky I'd get it once every two weeks or so. Now at 20 I find it very difficult, if not downright impossible. Don't know if this'll help but I reccomend setting your alarm clock to go off about halfway into your sleeping time. When you wake up change your position into one that is not easy to fall asleep in, but comfortable. In my case it was on my back. Just simply lie down and go to sleep, I suppose. But instead of just waiting for blackout pay attention to the all the dots and colors behind your eyelids and see if you can will them into images. Once you get to that point, it'll feel like the outside world is just that --outside-- of you. You'll begin to feel like your falling into yourself... it's an incredibly soft and fuzzy feeling... much better than sex. Before you know it you'll realize that you're actually dreaming. Funny thing is you'll remember it very clearly. First time it happened to me I was 5.

Anyone else ever experience stuff like this? :weird: :confused:

legacy-acc
10-03-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by vhx
By that reasoning it shouldn't affect anyone here because we've been told it's a placebo. Still does a number on me though. And as long as it's effective, whether it's fake or not is irrelevant so long as it gets results.

legacy-sharpie-love
10-03-2004, 01:23 AM
That sounds sorta like self hypnotism, but really, all hypnotism is self hypnotism, it's just that the hypnotist helps ease your mind into the right state to accept outside instruction.

Anyways, yes, for me, I try and fuse my hands solid, once I reach that state, I relax and then just see what I can dream up.

legacy-dabaron
10-03-2004, 03:13 AM
A lot of people would claim that regular, normal music can give you headaches, make you sleepy, make you excited, turn you one, etc.

How can the results of something like this be differentiated from the results of normal music?

Does normal music send brainwaves into your head?

Somebody that is trying this stuff, try regular, everyday music, (preferably music that fits the desired mood) and do whatever it is you do. Be sure that you are convinced it will have the desired effect, and see what happens. Then, send us the results.

legacy-Jion
10-03-2004, 03:36 AM
For the nonbelievers:

Scientifically speaking, it is possible that sound played at certain frequencies can stimulate different areas of the brain. Research has shown that music played at 60 beats per minute results in a more relaxed and focused state. A similar situation could apply here.

I'm scared to try this any further after starting to get a headache . . who knows what effect (long-term or short-term) this could have on the brain?

legacy-dabaron
10-03-2004, 03:44 AM
That's pretty much what I meant.

Plus, I've heard that the police have developed a system whereby they play sounds at a certain frequency to make people have to pee, (or something) breaking up crowds.

There is some truth to using music/certain frequencies, but this seems suspicious to me. Hypnotism always has.

legacy-Turbidity
10-03-2004, 03:48 AM
Responding to your first post in the thread...

Originally posted by dabaron
I smell scam.
Think about it. If you can control another person's mind, why be satisfied with making them quit smoking? Why not make them email you credit card numbers, buy your parent company's products, assassinate George Lucas, etc?
How do you know they didn't control your brain to make you use download the software?
That assumes this horse puckey works...

Easy. Something like quitting smoking, that's a voluntary process that many people would love to do. The others, not so much. I can give you all the help in the world in you sending me your credit cards, but YOU have to want to do that in the first place for it to be complete.

Nirvelli
10-03-2004, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by vhx
hmm... I've always wondered why coffee made me tired.:o
However, stuff like this program does work, maybe not this program itself, but what this program tries to do is mess with you brain waves. Your brain works like a computer (yes, it even has electricity in it, although not sum 450W Antec box :p). Scientists use things like this program the same way you h4xx0r your computer to do things it's not supposed to.
And @ crUsh, this could never win because it is nowhere close to "paranormal", it is just science. Kinda like back when people were killed for mentioning ideas about the planets going around the sun and everything being made of atoms.

legacy-neoflame
10-03-2004, 11:12 AM
A lot of people would claim that regular, normal music can give you headaches, make you sleepy, make you excited, turn you one, etc.

How can the results of something like this be differentiated from the results of normal music?

Does normal music send brainwaves into your head?

Somebody that is trying this stuff, try regular, everyday music, (preferably music that fits the desired mood) and do whatever it is you do. Be sure that you are convinced it will have the desired effect, and see what happens. Then, send us the results.
Well, in effect, yes. Basically the program just generates refined brain-affecting frequencies, while music is a crapload of frequencies, some of which may inadvertantly affect your brain.

I'm going to try the LD one as soon as I find a power adapter for my CD player :(

legacy-Eeep!!!
10-03-2004, 12:46 PM
Yay! for comatose nerds fighting Agent Smith/boinking Trinity in their own personal Matrix.

And you thought Everquest created problems....

Haha actually, those whateverski brothers that made the matrix are avid LD'ers, apperantly :)

legacy-iam[TechnoMage]
10-03-2004, 12:58 PM
I've used brainwave generator and Cooledit Pro off and on for the last two years.. It's the modern way to meditate and it works very well, but just like meditating, you have to let it work... If you dont just let go and your all wound up and dont believe it, it wont work...

I used cooledit pro to make my own custom brainwave soundtracks, In my opinion cooledit pro does a better job of making this type of stuff. Brainwave generator is good too though...

Shamans used to go into caves and light fires to get the flicker and beat drums to certain rythms to alter their brainwave patterns... There is info about brainwaves and meditation throughout the web.

you can buy little machines that have goggles with flashing lights and headphones that do the same thing as brainwave generator. i used to have one along time ago, that's how I got interested in this.. now I use my computer with brainwave generator and cooledit.. Good stuff!

legacy-Yourself
10-03-2004, 02:47 PM
I just listened to built-in Sleep induction 2 for 5 minutes with closed eyes.

Now my head hurts... and I feel wierd. All that and I still don't want to sleep (I'm not even tired). :confused:

legacy-Yourself
10-03-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by B1tchChicken
You'll begin to feel like your falling into yourself... it's an incredibly soft and fuzzy feeling... much better than sex. Before you know it you'll realize that you're actually dreaming. Funny thing is you'll remember it very clearly. First time it happened to me I was 5.

Anyone else ever experience stuff like this? :weird: :confused:

Yes, I indeed do have something like that... although I must disagree with the italicized part. :p

legacy-Hedge_o_Matic
10-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Don't use this program if you've just seen "The Ring". Damn, that movie was good and scary. But it makes you distrust media that gets inside your head.

legacy-FireCrack
10-03-2004, 05:48 PM
this thing is crazy, i gotta try it again.

legacy-Tropic
10-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Hmmmmm the relaxation one makes me want to kill something.

I guess it worked.

legacy-Powerslave666
10-03-2004, 06:00 PM

Happy dreaming.

I have lucid dreams every night. :)

legacy-Eeep!!!
10-03-2004, 06:11 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :cry: :cry: :cry: *jealous*

legacy-neoflame
10-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Powerslave666
I have lucid dreams every night. :)
Lucky SOB :(

legacy-Amish_Refugee
10-03-2004, 09:28 PM
that INSTANT OBE 999 s some deep $hit.

for the first minute i slowly went in to a daze and felt really relaxed
then my mouth opened and i was inable to close it while feeling more dazed
after 2 minutes it changed to a new sound and i immediatly began rocking my head slowly from left to right, having no control over it
this continued getting more intense until it reached 6 minutes and went silent
my head immediatly stopped and i just sat perfectly still for a minute unable to move my arms or legs

...that fas ****ed up...

legacy-Turbidity
10-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Best: http://www.bwgen.com/presets/desc478.htm

legacy-Amish_Refugee
10-03-2004, 09:39 PM
*raises eyebrow*

legacy-Bullrog
10-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Best: http://www.bwgen.com/presets/desc478.htm (one of the comments)

I never actully had sex, although i am 40 yrs old. You see this preset solved all my problems, in fact this is the best preset ever!, more people should make presets like this not dreaming or hypnosis ****.

anyway well done, this is VERY good... and when i say very, i mean VERY

thankyou

Dr. Phillipe Anderson

legacy-Turbidity
10-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullrog
(one of the comments)
Haha, i got a kick out of that too. Best comment ever. Right after it:

You've never had sex? Are you a Christian or Buddhist monk?

legacy-Bullrog
10-03-2004, 09:58 PM
now im curious (sp?) to hear what that sounds like.....

legacy-Turbidity
10-03-2004, 10:04 PM
now im curious (sp?) to hear what that sounds like..... Then get it :)

legacy-neoflame
10-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Best: http://www.bwgen.com/presets/desc478.htm
ROFLMAO! :haha:

legacy-Bullrog
10-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Then get it :) you have to pay for the full version of the brain majig program

legacy-Turbidity
10-03-2004, 10:25 PM
you have to pay for the full version of the brain majig program PM me.

legacy-neoflame
10-03-2004, 10:27 PM
you have to pay for the full version of the brain majig program
I thought you weren't too worried about that ;)

Edit: Or me :p... but probably Turbidity is better, since I'm leaving now and won't be back until tomorrow :p

Chain-Lei
10-03-2004, 10:32 PM
wowwwaa !!! that should be called the "Headache Generator" :bulb:

legacy-Turbidity
10-03-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Chain-Lei
wowwwaa !!! that should be called the "Headache Generator" :bulb: Which preset did you use?

legacy-compjarg
10-03-2004, 10:39 PM
you have to pay for the full version of the brain majig program
I didn't ;)

Just go search for a "KeyGen.erater" Do you live in the US?
Plz don't ban me for this.
BOLD=HINT

REAPER
10-03-2004, 10:42 PM
can somebody list some of the presets that work and do cool stuff please

P.S. one of them had a disclaimer for if you got a heart attack or your brain did crazy sh!t or something :S

legacy-Bullrog
10-03-2004, 10:42 PM
you guys were making fun of me for the aston thing cause i wanted to pay for it but seriously finding a keygen of hack never comes to my mind

Chain-Lei
10-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Which preset did you use?
well.. I started with the relaxation one, then after being everything but relaxed tried the Headache treatment which is even more painful.. :weird:

legacy-dabaron
10-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Easy. Something like quitting smoking, that's a voluntary process that many people would love to do. The others, not so much. I can give you all the help in the world in you sending me your credit cards, but YOU have to want to do that in the first place for it to be complete.

That may just be what they want you to believe. How do you know they are honest, and that they didn't just make you believe that? It is, after all, something you'd like to believe, and they ARE in the business of mind-control. :)

If it were true, then it still doesn't matter. It's pretty easy to make people want to send you credit card numbers or buy Pepsi. Just ask any con-man, experienced sales person, or social engineer.

legacy-Human
10-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Brain stimulation via sound must be why I feel so relaxed after playing UT.:D

legacy-Phleace
10-03-2004, 11:23 PM
Yeah, here's an idea for all you clan leaders out there:

Make your players listen to an attention preset for 10 minutes, then practice for 20, then play your match. ...or something along those lines.

Who knows... it might give you the cutting edge in your game.

legacy-Turbidity
10-03-2004, 11:29 PM
That may just be what they want you to believe. How do you know they are honest, and that they didn't just make you believe that? It is, after all, something you'd like to believe, and they ARE in the business of mind-control. :)

If it were true, then it still doesn't matter. It's pretty easy to make people want to send you credit card numbers or buy Pepsi. Just ask any con-man, experienced sales person, or social engineer.
That tinfoil hat looks a bit silly, doesn't it?

legacy-Bullrog
10-03-2004, 11:50 PM
That tinfoil hat looks a bit silly, doesn't it? :haha: :haha: :haha:

legacy-vhx
10-03-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Chain-Lei
well.. I started with the relaxation one, then after being everything but relaxed tried the Headache treatment which is even more painful.. :weird:
You speak the truth :D

legacy---]crUsh[--
10-04-2004, 12:01 AM
That tinfoil hat looks a bit silly, doesn't it? Roger that. :up:

The next thing you know, they'll be travelling on the Astral Plane (and not in First Class).

legacy-Bullrog
10-04-2004, 12:21 AM
Zoltan!

legacy-dabaron
10-04-2004, 02:30 AM
The tin-foil looks silly, but dammit, it works. :confused:

legacy-CodenniumRed
10-04-2004, 09:20 AM
This seems to be an interesting things to look into... but not spend my money on.

legacy-air7725
10-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Wake up neo :weird:

legacy-neoflame
10-04-2004, 11:21 AM
Hehehe, typing from school :p

Compjarg that's the site I use most of the time :confused:

legacy-BabyNuke
10-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Amish_Refugee
that INSTANT OBE 999 s some deep $hit.

for the first minute i slowly went in to a daze and felt really relaxed
then my mouth opened and i was inable to close it while feeling more dazed
after 2 minutes it changed to a new sound and i immediatly began rocking my head slowly from left to right, having no control over it
this continued getting more intense until it reached 6 minutes and went silent
my head immediatly stopped and i just sat perfectly still for a minute unable to move my arms or legs

...that fas ****ed up...

legacy-CH405
10-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Hmm ok so I decided to give this a serious go.
So I did pretty much the same thing that Phleace did except I used my Nokia N-Gage for the music :p

Now, I set the track to loop for 1H and 30mins. I also ensured that this was the only track selected in my play list (so it would loop).

So I just lay in bed and tried to focus on the sound. It does get kinda hard when your left headphone is kinda fooked and you need to adjust the wire a bit to get it working -.-

I got to the point where my body felt heavy and I could make out the quieter sounds and separate them from the louder wave noise. But after that I didn't really get any further.

My main problem is that I dislike sleeping on my back. I usually sleep on my front. Now if I sleep on my front my face has to either be looking left/right. This is very annoying with headphones because after a while the ear which your head is resting on hurts.

So after a while I checked the time and saw it was 3:00. So I decided to shut off the sound. I tried to go to bed but I couldn't get any sleep last night! So I woke up in the morning pretty tired...

I also tried putting the learning (subliminal) track on my phone. I had it playing while attending a lecture. Maybe it was the fact that the lecture wasn't all that boring as usual or maybe it was the sound but I was more attentive in the lecture.

Anyways I was really looking forward to the lucid dreaming. If anyone has any useful advice I would be greatful.

Oh and for the other ones (non-sleep) do you guys continue whatever your doing or only focus on the sound/visualisation (also what colours do you guys use for the visualisation?)

EDIT: RE: the lucid dream thing. Could it have been the fact that I encoded the sound file to 64kbps? At that setting the mp3 came out to about 44MB. (I have 128MB memory on my phone)
Any suggestions?

legacy-Phleace
10-04-2004, 03:02 PM
RE: the lucid dream thing. Could it have been the fact that I encoded the sound file to 64kbps? At that setting the mp3 came out to about 44MB. (I have 128MB memory on my phone)

Not sure. I do know that if the sound frequencies are modified from the way they are supposed to be, it may not work correctly. I've not bothered with converting. I've just been using 1GB WAV files on my iPod.

:confused:

legacy-neoflame
10-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by CH405
RE: the lucid dream thing. Could it have been the fact that I encoded the sound file to 64kbps? At that setting the mp3 came out to about 44MB. (I have 128MB memory on my phone)
Any suggestions?
I dunno.... I'm going to try a few MP3's on a CD at 224kbps. That seems to work fairly well for most files. Also, are you using stereo headphones with your phone? (They're necessary.)

legacy-CH405
10-04-2004, 06:51 PM
I dunno.... I'm going to try a few MP3's on a CD at 224kbps. That seems to work fairly well for most files. Also, are you using stereo headphones with your phone? (They're necessary.)

yeah they are stereo. Hopefully I can get em replaced tommorrow if I get to the place where I bought it before it closes for the day -_-

I even tried the OOBE which was un-successful. Is there like a guide out there which explains how to prepare yourself in order to get the best effect out of this?
That would be really great!

EDIT:

Question: Does MP3 compression degrade the effects of binaural beats?
Answer: MP3 compression works by removing high-frequency components from the sound. Binaural beats are based on two slightly different tones that get mixed inside your brain. The tones can be, for example, 400 Hz and 410 Hz. When these are mixed together, the result is a 10 Hz binaural beat. Thus, there are no high-frequency components present, and MP3 compression has no degrading effect on the output. As long as the compression is applied to both left and right channels independently (i.e. compression does not mix them together), MP3 compression can be used on binaural beats without problem.
You can check the results of MP3 compression very easily: if you hear a continuous tone when listening to left and right channel separately, and a pulsating sound (binaural beat) when listening to them with headphones, the output is correct.

legacy-DJMattB2421
10-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Vol 2

if you're into this kinda thing, GET THE ABOVE ALBUM.

I put on the 2nd CD whenever i have what i like to call "martian death flu" and i want to get to sleep. When i do that, i never EVER make it to track 3.

There's something very strange about that album...:bulb: