PDA

View Full Version : any vehicle coding tutorials?

legacy-MisantrhoPist
09-24-2004, 01:15 AM
trying to learn to mod under the unreal engine, so far this is the 7th game engine ive attempted to mod for. i found a model import tutorial and i believe i have my model all sorted out now all i need to do is write the code. i have an aerospace fighter with a minigun and a turret (what it fires i havent decided yet). i want it to fly like the redemer missile rather than the raptor. uscript is new to me so i need some tutorials, preferably one specificly for vehicles.

legacy-MisantrhoPist
09-27-2004, 01:20 AM
*bump*

could somone at least tell me what source files i need to modify, i could probibly figure the rest out from there.

Hsoolien
09-27-2004, 01:26 AM
There is a code drop kicking around, a good site for the coding of the vehilces would be wiki.beyondunreal.com, they have a link to the needed files...

legacy--GSF-JohnDoe
09-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by MisantrhoPist
*bump*

could somone at least tell me what source files i need to modify, i could probibly figure the rest out from there.

dont EVER modify the source files, or you'll have to reinstall UT. Unlike, say, quake or doom.

just click the link in my sig to get started.

legacy-FlikWik
09-28-2004, 04:45 PM
These should help you out. They are written by the people who developed the Onslaught GameType.

http://www.psyonix.com/ImportingVehiclesTutorial

http://www.psyonix.com/NewVehiclesTutorial

legacy-MisantrhoPist
09-28-2004, 09:29 PM
thanks, all information is usefull. now to master this beast.

T-Shinzon
09-29-2004, 11:17 PM
Decompile all the scripts for UT2004 and put them in a reference folder to, well, refer to. Then use something I like to call "copy paste." It really helps the learning curve. Good luck. :up:

legacy-MisantrhoPist
09-29-2004, 11:56 PM
thats pretty much what im doing, im using the raptor code for now. im still trying to understand how everything works together. ive found that alot of the vehicles have multiple source files. im currently looking for a flow chart on how these interact with one another. also im looking for a tutorial that covers non-wheeled vehicles and one that covers turrets. in the mean time im trying to understand how the existing code works. im a far better modeler than coder but i was able to master quake c in the past.