PDA

View Full Version : Sup with no weapon stay servers? Does this prove you can run around and pick weapons

legacy-<boB|BottomsUp
09-09-2004, 12:33 AM
faster then me?

Cause if I had a gun I'd keel you arse..instead of joining a server and running around trying to shield people cause I can't pick up a freakin weapon!

</rant>

Logy
09-09-2004, 12:42 AM
Weaponstay off is good for 1v1 and small TDM matches because it adds an element of strategic map control that would not be there if the weapons were available all the time.

However, it is thouroughly un-fun to have a DM server with 16 people on it and no weaponstay. You might as well play Assault Rifle arena.

I can only assume that some server admins do this out of gross misanthropy, or because they are hopped up on goofballs.

legacy-Morbid-§-Murder
09-09-2004, 12:45 AM
WeaponsStay isnt cool, especially for 1 on 1: it gives one of the players an advantage over the other. Johnson over and out.

Frogger
09-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Morbid-§-Murder
WeaponsStay isnt cool, especially for 1 on 1: it gives one of the players an advantage over the other. Johnson over and out.

how is that?

legacy-Morbid-§-Murder
09-09-2004, 12:55 AM
the question.....how is that not! :bulb: k i think that didnt make sense well......one player could hog up all the weapons while the other is left to search for one. So yeah.......

Flak
09-09-2004, 12:57 AM
know your maps.

legacy-DoomMonkey
09-09-2004, 01:01 AM
Weapon Stay works for CTF and any other gametype but, DM needs weapon stay off so it's more then just find a gun near your spawn and go out shooting. Think of what would happen if the LG was there ALL the time.:mad:

Logy
09-09-2004, 01:04 AM
the question.....how is that not! :bulb: k i think that didnt make sense well......one player could hog up all the weapons while the other is left to search for one. So yeah.......

Are YOU hopped up on goofballs? :bulb:

legacy-<boB|BottomsUp
09-09-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by DoomMonkey
Weapon Stay works for CTF and any other gametype but, DM needs weapon stay off so it's more then just find a gun near your spawn and go out shooting. Think of what would happen if the LG was there ALL the time.:mad:

I can agree to an extent for 1vs1 and clan matches, but a pub with even as little as 6 people is just not fun with weapon stay off.

Hoppy
09-09-2004, 01:09 AM
Some people like the Weapon Stay off.

If you don't, go to a different server. No need to spam fourms to complain. Just switch servers.

There problem solved.

Frogger
09-09-2004, 01:10 AM

oh..i guess i misunderstood..you mean weaponstay OFF does that..

legacy-<boB|BottomsUp
09-09-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by usahoppy
Some people like the Weapon Stay off.

If you don't, go to a different server. No need to spam fourms to complain. Just switch servers.

There problem solved.

Since when is soliciting an opinion on a feature of the game spam? Some people :confused: :cry:

legacy-DarK
09-09-2004, 01:27 AM
Remember Kido's: bWeaponStay means they stay when true. Thus NO weapon searching.

legacy-mulishajake
09-09-2004, 01:29 AM
weapon stay off could be a good fighting tactic if you can time the weapon spawn good enough to control the match, just like timing power ups and armor.

Frogger
09-09-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by mulishajake
weapon stay off could be a good fighting tactic if you can time the weapon spawn good enough to control the match, just like timing power ups and armor.

which is why it suits 1v1 quite well...

legacy-SJAndrew
09-09-2004, 01:39 AM

Duel or 1v1 with weaponstay on is a joke.

3/4 of 1v1 is map/powerup/weapon control. This is reason #48 why I think the map Goose2004 stinks: both the hitscan weapons are right next to one another. It can be a very easy map to control because of this.

Also, read Logy's post, He's right on.

legacy-mulishajake
09-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Frogger
which is why it suits 1v1 quite well...

you could play with weapons off with up to four players or more depending on what map. its just that some people dont bother to time the weapons. they just keep running around trying to spam people with the flack or rocket loncher. but controling the spam weapons can help you from getting spammed in the back. thats all i was trying to say.:cool:

Frogger
09-09-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by mulishajake
you could play with weapons off with up to four players or more depending on what map. its just that some people dont bother to time the weapons. they just keep running around trying to spam people with the flack or rocket loncher. but controling the spam weapons can help you from getting spammed in the back. thats all i was trying to say.:cool:

i wasn't disagreeing.. :up:

legacy-mulishajake
09-09-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Frogger
i wasn't disagreeing.. :up:

oh, i knew you weren't disagreeing with me. its just that i've been in too many matches where everyone is is using the flack and rocket launcher spraying every which way.:up:

legacy-cpacitor
09-09-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by DoomMonkey

imo ctf would have worked a lot better with ws in ut and 2k

legacy-Loeder
09-09-2004, 05:44 AM
WSoff is much better imo, ffa DM is the best only not more then 10 players then tho, its the best way to play ffa DM for TDM players so you dont get spoiled with all those weapons ready for the taking :)

- takes more effort
- less spam (much)
- sort of TDM training, except you can hit anything that moves, so its a bit spammy (but fun :D)
- you learn to use different weapons better instead of switching to the weapons you are used to

there are some good WSoff ffa DM servers in Europe (k-play, Respawnkiller) on top off that they also have UTcomp, life doesnt get better :D

-=¤willhaven¤=-
09-09-2004, 10:25 AM
no weapons? thats why i play LMS :)

legacy--Twista-
09-09-2004, 10:30 AM
I´ll never play a 1on1 with weaponstay.It blows.On smaller ffas I prefer ws off but like 10 people on grendel (every weapon once there) it´ll be shield and assault massacre

legacy-fr4j0
09-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=-
no weapons? thats why i play LMS :)

LMS the only 'true' Death Match :p

fr4j0

.:vVv:.Fluffy
09-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by <boB|BottomsUp
faster then me?

Cause if I had a gun I'd keel you arse..instead of joining a server and running around trying to shield people cause I can't pick up a freakin weapon!

</rant>

Our RW / RG server always has weapon stay on. :up:

.:vVv:. UT2004 RW/RG

IP: 69.93.141.57