PDA

View Full Version : UT2004RPG v1.2a

Mysterial
07-08-2004, 10:10 PM
Name: UT2004RPG

Version: 1.2a

Compatibility: UT2004

Description: This mutator adds a persistent levelup system to UT2004. Frags will give you EXP towards a levelup. After a levelup, you get a (configurable) number of points to use on statistics such as weapon speed, health, adrenaline, and damage modifiers or abilities such as Regeneration. Bonus EXP is given for killing players of higher level than you, multikills, sprees, headshots, winning a match, and (in certain gametypes) scoring game objectives. Every player's level, stats, and abilities are all saved to .ini and reloaded in future games when that player joins.

As if all that wasn't enough, UT2004RPG features magical weapons and artifacts. Any weapon you pick up has a chance of being magical and having special modifiers, such as increased damage. Additionally, artifacts are special pickups placed randomly throughout the level which can be activated to give an ability or bonus. Artifacts consume your Adrenaline when in use.

Comments: This version overwrites the previous, so there's no need to uninstall. You will not lose your data.

Changes from v1.1:
-Fixed Jailbreak
-Fixed ChaosUT
-Failsafe to prevent crashes when playing any other gametypes that destroy pawns without killing them
-Fixed random undesired switching to best weapon when a magic weapon has no ammo (really this time)
-Replaced "Bot Bonus Levels" with "Fake Bot Levels" which turns off saving of bot data and instead simply gives them a level near that of the human player(s)
-Added Ironman mode. If activated, only the winning player/team's data is saved - losers lose the EXP they gained that match (NOTE: In Invasion, players that leave the server midway still get their data saved if the remaining players win)
-Added "Use Official Redirect Server" option. This option, on by default, causes servers to redirect clients to a special official redirect server for UT2004RPG files (all other files continue to use whatever redirect the server admin has set up)

Credits: See the Readme.

Homepage: http://mysterial.linuxgangster.org/UTRPG/

Download: http://mysterial.linuxgangster.org/UTRPG/media.html

legacy-elutrothen
07-09-2004, 01:09 AM
download isn't working...:confused:

legacy-elutrothen
07-09-2004, 01:11 AM
nm, my bad!:up:

The5thviruz
07-09-2004, 04:15 AM
Great as always Mysterial :up:

legacy-FallenAngel
07-09-2004, 07:56 AM
Brilliant Work

NotoriousBIC
07-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Mysterial
-Added "Use Official Redirect Server" option. This option, on by default, causes servers to redirect clients to a special official redirect server for UT2004RPG files (all other files continue to use whatever redirect the server admin has set up)

Best feature evar! :up:

BuffyTheSlayer
07-09-2004, 10:54 AM
Version miss much
I cant join any server right now :cry:

Mysterial
07-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by buffytheslayer
Version miss much
I cant join any server right now :cry:

Servers with the new version can allow old versions to connect, but not the other way around. Sorry. Bug your favorite server admin to upgrade. :)

BuffyTheSlayer
07-09-2004, 11:33 AM
so I cant play at Instant action too :cry:
where can I download old version ?? :heart:

T@F
07-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Thanks Mysterial:-)

10x

legacy-obscenery
07-09-2004, 11:49 AM
You could move the new RPG files to a backup folder when you play online (or just delete them). You will automatically download the files for RPG 1.1 to your cache.

legacy-mdhutson
07-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Instant Action is unaffected by the version thing.

You can download the old versions of the UT2004RPG.u files and then keep them in zip files named appropriately. Then just unzip the version you need to overwrite with to play on a server.

legacy-edgeofblade
07-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Good update Mys. Glad to see regular improvements to this mutator.

I have to ask, can you pick up magic weapon abilities if you already have the basic weapon, or do you still just get ammo. Weapon lockers should only give ammo in this situation, but dropped magic weapons should give their abilities. I know I'm just too lazy to drop the weapon im carrying for the new one.

legacy-DragonSlayer
07-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Great job, but one thing I would like to see is captibuilty with Arkon (sp) Weapons.

Yes I'm glad you're updating it regularly.

legacy-Goldenfire
07-09-2004, 08:33 PM
It occurs to me, that in the playing I just did, I never checked if max. ammo bonus got fixed or not, I'll have to check that when I get a chance. What I did notice, however, (and am therefore posting about) is a problem with jailbreak. Whenever I'm selected for an arena match, the game dies, similar to this:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-06-11_16.51]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1011 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: GeForce3/PCI/3DNOW!

MutUT2004RPG JB-Solamander.MutUT2004RPG1 (Function UT2004RPG.MutUT2004RPG.ModifyPlayer:0157) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (JBInfoArena JB-Solamander.JBInfoArena0, Function Jailbreak.JBInfoArena.MatchCountdown.Timer) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Solamander <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Although, now that I think about it, it _might_ be an interaction with WoE_sentinel. I didn't take that out, and I know it grants you a permanent deployer in your inventory.

I'll fiddle around more with my various mutators when I get a chance, and post more info as I get it.

BuffyTheSlayer
07-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by mdhutson
Instant Action is unaffected by the version thing.

You can download the old versions of the UT2004RPG.u files and then keep them in zip files named appropriately. Then just unzip the version you need to overwrite with to play on a server.

I Delete old version from my PC and when I go to "UT2004 RPG website" there is no more download old version :cry:
new v1.2 only :cry:
so where can I have old "UT2004RPGv1.1" again ?
please help me thank you :heart:

Mysterial
07-09-2004, 08:47 PM
I Delete old version from my PC and when I go to "UT2004 RPG website" there is no more download old version :cry:
new v1.2 only :cry:
so where can I have old "UT2004RPGv1.1" again ?
please help me thank you :heart:

There's no reason to want the old version. If you want to play on servers that haven't upgraded yet, just move the UT2004RPG.u in your UT2004\System folder to someplace else.

BuffyTheSlayer
07-09-2004, 09:21 PM
thank you Im so noob for file things ...:( :heart: :up:
Im happy now ;)

PS " what is "UT2004RPG.frt" file ? do I have to install in System Folder too ? I seeing befor so ... thanks

legacy-TalonKarrde
07-09-2004, 09:57 PM
Users who installed the old version of the mutator themselves get file mismatch errors. Same with users who decompressed cache files.

Mysterial
07-09-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by TalonKarrde
Users who installed the old version of the mutator themselves get file mismatch errors. Same with users who decompressed cache files.

What do you mean? If you mean users with the old version are having trouble connecting to a new version server, perhaps you should read the readme.

legacy-A2597
07-09-2004, 11:20 PM
THANK YOU!!! :)

on a side note, I and my neighbor play RPG games via lan every day. lots of fun. last match I leveled up ALOT, I had 180 stat points to spend.

he's in for a shock. :) Because I put ALL of them to damage bonus. :D

hehehehehehehehehe

legacy-thomas997
07-10-2004, 12:02 AM
downloads down :(

Mysterial
07-10-2004, 02:27 AM
It seems I managed to accidentally slip a late beta of UT2004RPG v1.2 in the packages instead of the correct version. I've corrected this error, so please redownload the latest version. You know you have the right version if it says v1.2a at the top of the readme. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

legacy-TalonKarrde
07-10-2004, 02:54 AM
Anyone who downloaded the umod and installed it, on the client side (Old version) would recieve a file mismatch error. Same with people who downloaded it from servers and used a cache manager program to install it. Users who just had it in their cache didn't have this problem.

Edit: I'm assuming this is fixed in the final version that you have up now.

legacy-obscenery
07-10-2004, 04:53 AM
PS " what is "UT2004RPG.frt" file ? do I have to install in System Folder too ? I seeing befor so ... thanks

I belive that file is the French Language Translation.

Mysterial
07-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by TalonKarrde
Anyone who downloaded the umod and installed it, on the client side (Old version) would recieve a file mismatch error. Same with people who downloaded it from servers and used a cache manager program to install it. Users who just had it in their cache didn't have this problem.

Edit: I'm assuming this is fixed in the final version that you have up now.

As I already said, the readme has instructions for server admins installing the new version to allow old versions to connect.

legacy-A2597
07-10-2004, 03:24 PM
hmm...hey myst, dunno how hard some of these would be to implement, buuut. :D

new ability ideas:

Healing monster tounge summons. just like with vehicles. link alt to heal it up. could be cool, and cheap, seeing as it would leave you defenceless for that time.

Weapon Hacking
now this...this I KNOW would be a pain, because of the way you coded in magical weapons. but some ideas for something along this line.
level one would let you know what kind of magic weapon you picked up without fireing.
level two would upgrade your weapon one step into the positive. (So, flak -5 becomes flak -4, flak -1 becomes flak reguler, flak +4 becomes flak +5, same for the other types.

up to level 5, meaning if you get a reguler flak, it becomes a flak+5, if you get a poisoned flak +1, it becomes flak poison +5 automatically.

this ability would have to be expencive, and maybe make it so:
A: if you have denial lvl 2 you cannot buy this ability
or
B: hacking is done though a new menu system, so you get a reguler flak, open the menu, and hack it into a poisoned +3 or something...

legacy-DragonSlayer
07-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by A2597
level one would let you know what kind of magic weapon you picked up without fireing.

That is in the mutator options, you can turn it on or off.

legacy-TalonKarrde
07-10-2004, 04:41 PM
As I already said, the readme has instructions for server admins installing the new version to allow old versions to connect.
And we have had that setup. It's fixed now, but the original version you had uploaded (The beta) didn't allow that to work.

legacy-mdhutson
07-10-2004, 04:42 PM
True, but if it was set to off then the skill he mentioned would let you bypass it and know what it is anyway.

legacy-TalonKarrde
07-11-2004, 02:36 AM
Nice games last night, Myst. For some reason, though, I don't think Tek will up win EXP to 100,000 :P

BuffyTheSlayer
07-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by obscenery
I belive that file is the French Language Translation.

Oh ... Merci, :heart:

legacy-C44U
07-11-2004, 03:55 PM
are the experience points server-specific? meaning if i earn 100 pts on Server A, they dont carry over to Server B?

Mysterial
07-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by C44U
are the experience points server-specific? meaning if i earn 100 pts on Server A, they dont carry over to Server B?

Correct.

legacy-Da Wrecka
07-11-2004, 05:53 PM
I have a bug which is only seen with UT2004RPG, but I'm pretty sure that the bug is with the GAME - UT2004RPG just makes it immediately apparent. Granted this would make it more the area of the debugging team et al, but it DOES affect UT2004RPG and, in my experience, nothing else, so I think it's worth mentioning here. I've actually seen it since v1.0 but in v1.2a, it becomes more obvious. It doesn't seem to happen in netplay at all, but it happens consistently in Instant Action. Basically, if for example I'm playing Onslaught, things will play fine in the first game. Periodically the second game will also be normal, but in some subsequent game, on spawning I receive the message "Sorry, that name is already in use by someone who plays on this server." and it changes my name. I initially believed this was a bug in UT2004RPG, but I've just done some testing - I played one game with NO mutators and with a subclass of ONSOnslaughtGame which differed only in that it allowed translocators. In the fourth game, my player hash actually changed. (This I know by going through the UT2004.log file and looking for the lines with "New Player [name] id=" in them) My ID would be consistent for three games, then in the fourth would change. I then restarted UT2004, (as in I quit the game then restarted it) played a game with regular Onslaught, not modified in any way. Results were IDENTICAL - player hash was consistent for the first three games and changed in the fourth. Also, both of those tests were with NO mutators running whatsoever. I'm willing to accept the possibility that it's something I've set...but I'm at a loss as to what that setting could be that could produce results so consistent.

[EDIT: I forgot to add that while the most consistent results are that it changes after the third game, periodically it will change mid-game. If it DOES, then the next time I respawn I'll receive the "Sorry, another player bla blah" message immediately, rather than upon first spawning next game. This is what I meant when I said it became more obvious in 1.2a - in 1.0, I would always receive the message upon first spawning after the first game, but never in the first.]

legacy-supernewbie
07-12-2004, 12:15 PM
hey Mysterial

dont know if you already knew but they will show your mutator on giga games today (german tv show about games ...) :eek:

Mysterial
07-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by supernewbie
hey Mysterial

dont know if you already knew but they will show your mutator on giga games today (german tv show about games ...) :eek:

Woah, really? That's so cool! :D I wish I could see it (even if it's in German ;))

legacy-Esque42
07-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Haven't looked at it but first thought is that you should probably give experience for damaging players not killing them. Would be silly if someone spent a while doing lots of damage to a really good player but died, and someone took them out with one Enforcer shot and got all the exp :-)

Busy atm will look later...

legacy-mdhutson
07-13-2004, 08:22 PM
Too many complicated things to take into account for that. Besides, suppose you drain 800 hit points off a guy, then he regenerates all of them. Do it again for easy points right? That could be xploited for leveling between to allies.

And besides, how can you give partial exp for damaging a player when a kill is only worth 1 point?

legacy-TDW-Socke
07-15-2004, 06:31 AM
nice mutator ;)

we use it since 2003...

2 stupid questions:
is it planned to make it work with the new FHI 3.1?

dunno, but to avoid package-mismatches, why not give the changed files revision-numbers?

Mysterial
07-15-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by TDW-Socke
nice mutator ;)

we use it since 2003...

2 stupid questions:
is it planned to make it work with the new FHI 3.1?

Maybe, I have to find time to look at it.

dunno, but to avoid package-mismatches, why not give the changed files revision-numbers?

Because it breaks data compatibility. Of course, it's my fault for using a format that would break if the package name changed, but it's too late now.

jaybud4
07-15-2004, 03:41 PM
I've been gone for a bit. Nice! Fix the bug where the ammo bonus would sometimes stop working?

legacy-[LIMB]LghtBrngr
07-16-2004, 07:51 PM
Hi Myst, I like what you've done with the RPG ini file. Seems to take up much less byte space. The FHI 3.1 as mentioned is close to being 100% compatible, and I think if the FHI mod author and Myst got a few minutes to chat, I think the bugs could be worked out.

Fraghouse Invasion (FHI), SatoreMonsterPack (SMP), and RPG is a recipe for FUN, in my opinion. I like it so much that I rented a server to enjoy it with others in the community. If you like invasion, you gotta try it out. My server is located in Dallas, TX.

67.19.55.136 is the server ip (u cant see the server until u load the FHI 3.1 mod AND run ut2004 using the .bat files supplied with the FHI 3.1 mod.)

Server has the FHI Mod version 3.1
RPG version 1.2a
SatoreMonsterPack Ver. 1.10

[[[ I just noticed that SatoreMonsterPack is at Ver 1.11. I will try to upgrade server to this asap.]]]

You can get FHI, RPG, and SMP at the following places.

FHI http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com/ut2004work.php

RPG http://mysterial.linuxgangster.org/UTRPG/

SMP http://ut-dna.cool.ne.jp/DownLoad.html

If you all like the summon monster ability, then you ought to try out the summon monster ability with the level maxed out with the FHI mod. you get to summon a huge BOSS monster which usually is a huge Warlord shooting Redeemers.

legacy-KnivesTheMapper
07-17-2004, 06:24 PM
This will always be the best mutator ever made, and what a pain in the neck it must have been to code it! Awesome job, Mysterial.

legacy-Kerensky
07-20-2004, 11:24 AM
I could be saying something that probably has already been fixed. But apparently, the Fraghouse Invasion and UT2004 RPG Have some bugs. Primarily, they have to do with the 'Monster Tounge' ability. Once you get it to Level 8, you start to get bosses. Given, other than making the game ludicrously easy, I found that if you kill the 'Hero monster', that the game immediatly ends as a Victory. Maybe you could contact the Fraghouse Invasion folk and talk to them about it?

legacy-Da Wrecka
07-31-2004, 08:34 PM
On a related note, I felt this was worth mentioning; I found that when I was playing FHI with RPG 1.2a, I wasn't encountering problems. But this seems to be because I had magical weapons disabled. I enabled them, played a game - wham. GPF. So it's obviously localised to the RPGWeapons.

legacy-A2597
08-01-2004, 12:15 AM
suggested ability:

Lets improve the sheildgun, shall we?

Level 1: Half damage (Meaning it takes less ammo to deflect) or, larger

Level 2: Reflective Sheild. ALL projectiles bounce off, not just shock cores and link projectiles

Level 3: Smart reflections: Sends projectiles back at the direction they were fired from.

this came about after I had built up alot of ammo bonus, and my buddy a TONN of fire rate. thus limiting himself to weapons of infinity, and the link gun was his favorite. I wanted to retaliate with the sheild gun, but of course, he never fired so perfectly for the projectiles to reflect back at him. he also utilisized a bug where the projectile would spawn ~64 units away from the sheild when it reflected...stand close enough, and none reflect into you. :(

legacy-HolyCha0s
08-03-2004, 11:33 AM
I've downloaded both the setup one and the one with all files in their folders.

Now installed it into my comp where the file should go and through FTP onto into the folders etc on that.

One question, how do you get it working on the server? :p

legacy-mdhutson
08-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Add the line 'ServerPackages=UT2004RPG' into the server's INI file.
Either through web admin or manually, configure the map vote settings so that the mutator is active in whichever game types you want.
If you wish, edit the file used to start the server so that RPG comes up with the server when its rebooted or started.

legacy-HolyCha0s
08-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Thanx for this information.

Should work now ;)

As I had to add a line for AerialView mod to work so i can get third person mode.

Best Regards,
HolyCha0s

legacy-HolyCha0s
08-07-2004, 04:12 AM
Sorry for double posting, my bad.

But I need to know is their any way of setting the maximum level at 100 like most RPG games go to.

As I had it on my server for about 2 days and this dude has level 242 and kills everything in 1 shot.

I have the monster pack from Satore installed on the server too.

This dude has 1600 damage and gets kinda boring.

As he wants the server to be more hard as he has highest level.

And ppl who just joined and starting their level-ups get killed every round because its too hard and they request it to be easier.

Only thing thats annoying about the rpg mutator atm.

Best Regards,
Holy

NotoriousBIC
08-07-2004, 07:56 AM
You've got several options to limit levels:
a) Set the required points per level and set the last level you want to require an insane amount of points.
b) Set the required points per level to increase relative to the player level. I've currently got it set to 3% which makes the low levels increase fast, but makes it really hard for the higher levels.
c) Set the required points per level to increase a fixed amount of points. Drawback is that you'll make levelling up harder for the lower levels too.

legacy-Goldenfire
08-07-2004, 09:15 PM
I have a set-up that makes initial levels disgustingly easy, but gets prgoressively harder...it's easy, too.

Levels=0
Levels=1
InfiniteReqEXPOp=0
InfiniteReqEXPValue=1

None of htis 'by percentage' stuff, where I have to keep asking "wait, what's the math on that again?" Nope, I just need level+1 exp to level.

Of course, it makes the first 100-200 levels almost too easy (depending on what you're doing, of course), but that isn't really a bad thing, to me.

NotoriousBIC
08-08-2004, 04:04 AM
That's my option C

And you'll only make it easier for higher levels since they can kill things faster. Up it to 4 or so and then you'll make it truely harder.

legacy-Weiser_Cain
08-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Great mutator! Three things though...
Is there (or could there be)a way to have two or more level profiles so I can have two characters that play diffrently?

Is there (or could there be)a way to control how my bots level up?

Is there (or could there be)a way to make magical weapon progressively more powerful and more common as the levels rise?

Mysterial
08-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Weiser_Cain
Great mutator! Three things though...
Is there (or could there be)a way to have two or more level profiles so I can have two characters that play diffrently?

Yes, you have to change your player name.

Is there (or could there be)a way to control how my bots level up?

Is there (or could there be)a way to make magical weapon progressively more powerful and more common as the levels rise?

No.

legacy-Weiser_Cain
08-08-2004, 08:22 PM

Yes, you have to change your player name.[/B]

'K

No.

Darn.

legacy-DD_133
08-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Hey Mysterial, I use Arkon weps and some other weapon packs, but with my curent version of ut2004rpg the weapons don't have that cool colored electric-type animation on them when they are magical...Can you make it generic so any weapon can have this? :) Is this implemented in 1.2?

legacy-Lacrymosa
08-15-2004, 04:19 AM
When you have the monster tounge ability. You have a monster following you. In the mothership map, spaceship attack phase, if you are killed, you don't get to have another spaceship, instead, you restart inside the mothership and can't do anything.

jaybud4
08-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Ammo Bonus bug has gone worse. Now I NEVER get any extra ammo. Can you fix it?

legacy-Weiser_Cain
08-15-2004, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know why the target painter's beam is misalighned? Is it just me?

Mysterial
08-15-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by jaybud4
Ammo Bonus bug has gone worse. Now I NEVER get any extra ammo. Can you fix it?

Apparently this is a result of turning off magical weapons. It's on my list, but I'm very busy right now.

legacy-Zentak
08-18-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Lacrymosa
When you have the monster tounge ability. You have a monster following you. In the mothership map, spaceship attack phase, if you are killed, you don't get to have another spaceship, instead, you restart inside the mothership and can't do anything. There should be some way of selling back this ability, cause it is not that usefull, and i could use the XP in other abilities.

jaybud4
08-20-2004, 04:13 PM
Mysterial has said countless times that that takes away the strategy in placing your points.

legacy-A2597
08-21-2004, 03:10 PM
Hey Myst, I dunno if this is a bug or a design descision, but it STINKS.

Ghost + CTF

When you kill the flag carrier, and he has Ghost, he floats off to another part of the map, either closer or further from his base, WITH THE FLAG.

Talk about unfair, if your evenly matched, or he's a level above you, you have to kill him TWICE before you can return your flag. And it's a 50/50 chance of him spawning closer to his flag, thus saving him the trip.

So can you PLEASE make it so if you kill the flag carrier, even if he has ghost, that he drops the flag? (Same as with the translocator...)

legacy-thekaLi
09-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Mysterial, could you(or someone else in case you're too busy?) please make that headshot mutator also compatible for ut2k4? :)

legacy-S.N.E.D.
09-22-2004, 03:24 PM
Zentak: If you REALLY don't like the monster tongue ability you can open your .ini and edit your character profile. You can only do it for a character you've played on your own server, as characters you play online are stored on the server you play on. This also means you could set yourself to level 1 with 103468934568245 skill points, but that's no fun. Just remove the monster tongue ability and stick a few points elsewhere from what you spent on the monster tongue.

legacy-Kaadu
09-23-2004, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Weiser_Cain
Does anyone know why the target painter's beam is misalighned? Is it just me?
no, it's not just you AFAIK.