PDA

View Full Version : Loadout Mutator Package v1.1.0 [UT2004][PICS][Updated 06/26/2004]

legacy-neoflame
06-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Name: Loadout Mutator Package
Version: v1.1.0 (last update 06/26/2004)
Compatibility: UT2004, tested w/ v3236 only but should work on all others
Description: A set of 5 mutators:

UT2004 Loadout:
Gives players every UT2004 weapon, with options for Onslaught weapons, superweapons, and infinite ammo.
Infinite Ammo:
Self-explanatory.
Adjustable HP:
Allows players to adjust the amount of health and shield they start with, in addition to the maximum amounts of health and shield each player can have.
Cache Data Dumper:
Dumps the class name of every gametype/mutator/vehicle/weapon to UT2004.log. Mostly useful for debugging, as well as (in the case of weapon class names)...:
Cache Loadout:
The focus of this mutator pack, Cache Loadout gives every player a selection of weapons. You enter inclusion filters (for example, all the weapons in XWeapons, which would be base UT2004 weapons) and exclusion filters (such as Redeemer, which would remove every weapon with Painter in its class name, such as the Excessive Ion Painter and the Target Painter) and Cache Loadout automatically selects the applicable weapons. (03/23/2004: now compatible w/ UT2004RPG) (03/25/2004: no longer requires an entry in Exclusion)
Adjustable Weapons (New in v1.1.0!)
Adjustable Weapons uses the same filtering system as Cache Loadout, and lets you adjust a few settings of your weapons. Unfortunately, currently only damage and fire rate are implemented, but more are planned.
Comments: The first mutators I've ever done. Most of the mutators have all configuration options in the "Configure Mutators" box, except for Cache Loadout (and Adjustable Weapons), for which you will have to edit Loadout.ini (not too hard, see Readme.txt in the zip for more details.) Full source code is available on request.
Screenshots:
Cache Loadout.
http://img72.photobucket.com/albums/v219/mtyrce/loadout/ut2004rpg.jpg
The shock spammer's dream. :p
http://img72.photobucket.com/albums/v219/mtyrce/loadout/shock_spam_1.jpg
http://img72.photobucket.com/albums/v219/mtyrce/loadout/shock_spam_2.jpg
But what happens when you can fire shock primary a split second after shock secondary...?
http://img72.photobucket.com/albums/v219/mtyrce/loadout/shock_spam_3.jpg
Credits: All coding was done by me, Neoflame; however, I got plenty of help from Hsoolien, bartje321, and RC321, as well as the UnrealWiki. :)
Homepage: None at this time, sorry.
Download: http://dl.downloadhosting.com/download/neoflame/Loadout_1.1.0.zip

I'd really appreciate it if people could help me bug-hunt these mutators; they've all been tested, but I don't know if there's still any bugs left. Also, if there's any features you'd like to see, tell me please and I'll see if I can do it.

legacy-RC321
06-22-2004, 04:53 PM
Neat, I'll check it out =)

legacy-obscenery
06-23-2004, 12:23 AM
Seems to work pretty good, this was perfectly timed, I want to replace weapons but all of the weapon replacers want to do so much more it interferes with the rest of the game (ugh!).

Anyway, so far I cannot access UT2004RPG, in fact it appears to plain not run when your mut is loaded. I unload Loadout and the RPG was right back and working perfectly?

bartje321
06-23-2004, 01:25 AM
sounds good
btw you dont need to include the loadout/classes map, it seems to be empty

legacy-neoflame
06-23-2004, 11:04 AM
bartje321, I'm not sure what you mean by loadout/classes map... could you please clarify?

obscenery:
Loadout v1.0.1

-Fixed Cache Loadout's incompatibility w/ other mutators that used ModifyPlayer, such as Car Launcher and UT2004RPG
-Added Lazy Ammo Replenishment option in Cache Loadout (creates some problems, esp. w/ weapons that come w/o ammo, but is needed for some mutators such as UT2004RPG)

Unfortunately, I don't know if you'll get magical weapons. Probably not.

Download link is the same as before: http://dl.downloadhosting.com/download/neoflame/Loadout.zip

bartje321
06-23-2004, 11:18 AM
i mean, in the zip file

legacy-neoflame
06-23-2004, 11:32 AM
:mad: Stupid WinZip :mad:

Is it in the new zip file as well?

bartje321
06-23-2004, 11:34 AM
nope :up:

bartje321
06-23-2004, 12:15 PM
it seems you did something wrong, or it is yust me i get less as 6 fps with your mut on :(

legacy-neoflame
06-23-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by bartje321
it seems you did something wrong, or it is yust me i get less as 6 fps with your mut on :(
Doesn't happen with me... which mutator, what weapons (if you're playing a botmatch with superweapons and infinite ammo, your FPS tends to die) and what other mutators are active?

bartje321
06-23-2004, 04:40 PM
i tryed with only yours
it keeps giving a error in the log

legacy-neoflame
06-23-2004, 05:12 PM
I'll look into it. Were you using UT2004 Loadout or Cache Loadout? What options did you have selected?

bartje321
06-23-2004, 05:28 PM
espesaly Infinite Ammo gets realy slow
Cache Loadout was slow too
UT2004 Loadout not tryed
Adjustable HP works yust fine
Cache Data Dumper didnt try

legacy-neoflame
06-23-2004, 05:45 PM
Loadout v1.0.2

Just one fix, but it's pretty major:
-Fixed an "accessed none 'inv'" error in UT2004 Loadout, Cache Loadout, and Infinite Ammo that cause UT2004.log to balloon to ridiculous sizes (mine was 31MB after a few minutes of playing :cool: )

Download link has changed, to prevent caches from getting in the way:
http://dl.downloadhosting.com/download/neoflame/Loadout_1.0.2.zip

legacy-obscenery
06-23-2004, 07:23 PM
One more bug, maybe...

When I loadout using ExcessiveV3 weapons I cannot use the ZoomScope on the lightening gun (or any gun I believe) and the rocket launcher just goes nuts when I switch to it, it just starts firing and wont stop until its out of ammo.

I remember a similar issue in 2k3 with the rocket launcher and switcharsenal, so I am not totally convinced these are actually your bugs.

These weapons work fine if I just use the ExcessiveV3 mutator. (that is the only difference, everything else is the same)

legacy-neoflame
06-23-2004, 07:48 PM
I'll try it myself, as well as disassembling Excessive.

Thanks for all the testing, BTW. :D

legacy-neoflame
06-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Very strange... the ExcessiveV3 weapons, including the RL and the LG, work perfectly on my system. Can you:

1. Copy/paste the contents of your UT2004.log file here;
2. Copy/paste the contents of your Loadout.ini file here; and
2. List all the information about what other mutators you're playing with, including their options.

I'll need all this to try and figure out the problem, as I can't reproduce it on my system. Thanks for the help!

legacy-obscenery
06-23-2004, 11:54 PM
I have simplified my configuration as much as possible to narrow down the possible incompatibilities (make your life easier).

So, game type is Invasion (default settings on that).

The only other mut I have running is RPG (that is when the problem actually happens, with all the other muts I tried it works fine), I am using the default options (I even deleted the ini to be sure!).

Here is the loadout.ini. One thing, I had to do an exclusion on XWeapons or the inclusion on the ExcessiveV3 didn't work, is this correct?
=====================
[Loadout.MutCacheLoadout]
bInfiniteAmmo=True
bLazyAmmo=True
;Inclusion=XWeapons
;Inclusion=Onslaught
;Inclusion=SpiderSteroidLayer
;Exclusion=Redeemer
;Exclusion=Painter
;Exclusion=ONSMineLayer
Inclusion=ExcessiveV3
Exclusion=XWeapons

[Loadout.MutCacheDump]
bGametypes=False
bMutators=False
bVehicles=True
bWeapons=True

[Loadout.MutUT2004Loadout]
bInfiniteAmmo=True
bGiveONSWeapons=True
bGiveSuperWeapons=False

[Loadout.MutAdjustHP]
StartingHealth=100.000000
StartingArmor=0.000000
MaxHealth=199.000000
MaxArmor=150.000000
bRemoveHealth=False
bRemoveArmor=False

[LoadOut.MutInfiniteAmmo]
bTrueInfiniteAmmo=True
==================

As far s the UT2004.Log goes, I have pasted it in, but these three lines seem to be a major clue (I thought it might be easier than digging through my whole log file). What I did when the game started is scroll through the weapons and let the RocketLauncher go nuts, then I switched to the LighteningGun and tried to Zoom. Of course the lines below were repeated many times in the log file. (didn't notice a problem with the assult rifle, but something went wrong)

Warning: AssaultRifleEX DM-Antalus.AssaultRifleEX (Function ExcessiveV3.AssaultRifleEX.RenderOverlays:0272) Accessed None 'Controller'

Warning: RocketProjEX DM-Antalus.RocketProjEX (Function ExcessiveV3.RocketProjEX.PostBeginPlay:00C5) Accessed None 'Controller'

Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'aim_ready' not found for mesh 'Sniper_1st'

UT2004.Log...
==================
Log: Log file open, 06/23/04 21:47:28
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
Init: Version: 3236 (127.29)
Init: Compiled: Jun 11 2004 16:52:46
Init: Command line:
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Base directory: D:\games\UT2004\System\
Init: Ini:UT2004.ini UserIni:User.ini
Init: Build label: UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-06-11_16.51]
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Log: nv4_disp.dll/NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Log: Game class is 'GameInfo'
Log: Bringing Level Entry.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 2.085000...
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
Log: Browse: NvidiaLogo.ut2?Name=Obscenery?Class=Engine.Pawn?Ch aracter=Baird?team=255?Sex=M?Voice=XGame.NightMale Voice
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 20346->20346; refs: 199960
Log: Game class is 'CinematicGame'
Log: Bringing Level NvidiaLogo.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 2.952000...
Log: (Karma): Autodetecting CPU for SSE
Log: (Karma): Using SSE Optimizations
Log: ALAudio: Using DirectSound to record audio.
ScriptLog: New Player Obscenery id=7c4138668fa507a3e0a603ba30ac9bc7
Log: Opened viewport
Log: Enter SetRes: 1024x768 Fullscreen 1
Log: Using back-buffer format 22(32-bit)
Log: Using depth-buffer format 77(32-bit)
Log: Creating device
Log: xD3DHelper::Init (QuadEmulation)
Log: OS doesn't support IME.
Log: Startup time: 3.903000 seconds
Log: Precaching: NvidiaLogo.LevelInfo0
Log: Static mesh batches: 508608 vertex bytes, 110460 index bytes
Log: Allocating 16384 byte dynamic index buffer.
Log: Finished precaching geometry in 0.272 seconds
Log: Finished precaching textures in 0.072 seconds
Debug: UT2k4MainMenu.Opened() Sender:Package.UT2k4MainMenu
Log: URL: Adding default option Name=Obscenery
Log: URL: Adding default option Class=Engine.Pawn
Log: URL: Adding default option Character=Baird
Log: URL: Adding default option team=255
Log: URL: Adding default option Voice=XGame.NightMaleVoice
Log: Browse: Index.ut2?disconnect?Name=Obscenery?Class=Engine.P awn?Character=Baird?team=255?Voice=XGame.NightMale Voice
Log: Failed; returning to Entry
ScriptLog: UT2k4MainMenu NotifyLevelChange PendingConnection:False
Log: GP=FALSE
Log: Spawning new actor for Viewport WindowsViewport
Log: Static mesh batches: 0 vertex bytes, 0 index bytes
Debug: UT2k4MainMenu.Opened() Sender:None
ScriptLog: Attempting to close a non-existing menu page
Log: URL: Adding default option Name=Obscenery
Log: URL: Adding default option Class=Engine.Pawn
Log: URL: Adding default option Character=Baird
Log: URL: Adding default option team=255
Log: URL: Adding default option Voice=XGame.NightMaleVoice
Log: Browse: DM-Antalus?Game=SkaarjPack.Invasion?Mutator=LoadOut.M utCacheLoadout,UT2004RPG.MutUT2004RPG?bAutoNumBots =False?NumBots=4?Name=Obscenery?Class=Engine.Pawn? Character=Baird?team=255?Voice=XGame.NightMaleVoic e
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: (Karma): Level Karma Terminated.
Log: Garbage: objects: 47194->38179; refs: 448944
Log: Game class is 'Invasion'
Log: Fixing up DM-Antalus
Log: Bringing Level DM-Antalus.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 40.319000...
Log: (Karma): Autodetecting CPU for SSE
Log: (Karma): Using SSE Optimizations
ScriptLog: Mutators LoadOut.MutCacheLoadout,UT2004RPG.MutUT2004RPG
ScriptLog: bAutoNumBots: False
Log: Spawning new actor for Viewport WindowsViewport
Log: Precaching: DM-Antalus.LevelInfo0
Log: Static mesh batches: 2745936 vertex bytes, 380904 index bytes
Log: Allocating 16384 byte dynamic index buffer.
Log: Allocating 79944 byte dynamic index buffer.
Log: Finished precaching geometry in 1.339 seconds
Log: Finished precaching textures in 0.630 seconds
ScriptLog: START MATCH
Warning: AssaultRifleEX DM-Antalus.AssaultRifleEX (Function ExcessiveV3.AssaultRifleEX.RenderOverlays:0272) Accessed None 'Controller'
Warning: RocketProjEX DM-Antalus.RocketProjEX (Function ExcessiveV3.RocketProjEX.PostBeginPlay:00C5) Accessed None 'Controller'
Log: appRequestExit(0)
Exit: Preparing to exit.
Log: Unbound to Window.dll
Log: Unbound to Core.dll
Log: Unbound to Engine.dll
Exit: Game engine shut down
Log: Unbound to WinDrv.dll
Exit: Windows client shut down
Log: Unbound to D3DDrv.dll
Log: Unbound to XGame.dll
Log: Unbound to IpDrv.dll
Log: Unbound to Editor.dll
Log: Unbound to Fire.dll
Log: Unbound to Onslaught.dll
Log: Unbound to XInterface.dll
Log: Unbound to UWeb.dll
Log: Unbound to ALAudio.dll
Log: Waiting for file streaming thread to finish...
Exit: OpenAL Audio subsystem shut down.
Log: (Karma): Level Karma Terminated.
Log: Garbage: objects: 50324->0; refs: 448944
Exit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 242 MByte 668 KByte 1023 Bytes from HD took 1.141994 seconds (0.974994 reading, 0.167000 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.785994 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Memory Allocation Status
Uninitialized: Curr Memory 0.237M / 4.871M
Uninitialized: Peak Memory 128.964M / 131.684M
Uninitialized: Allocs 926 Current / 2273276 Total
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 06/23/04 21:48:31

legacy-neoflame
06-24-2004, 05:11 PM
Er... hmm... Unfortunately, if I can fix this, it'll will take longer than the previous patches, because all the errors appear to be in ExcessiveV3. However, I'll get on it right away.

BTW, sorry I'm so late responding, I had to sleep :p

Edit: You don't have to exclude XWeapons, because it's not included at all, because you've commented out the inclusion line :)

legacy-obscenery
06-24-2004, 05:30 PM
I thought the same thing but when I tried it without the exclusion all I got was the Shield Gun and Assult Rifle?

Maybe I did something wrong, I will try it again when I get home.

legacy-neoflame
06-24-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by obscenery
I thought the same thing but when I tried it without the exclusion all I got was the Shield Gun and Assult Rifle?

Maybe I did something wrong, I will try it again when I get home.
No, you did it right, I just found another (more easily fixed bug) that doesn't add anything to the weapons list if there's nothing in the exclusion list. I'll release a new version later. For now, just put anything you like in the exclusion list (even WEtg4590wj7g589fhn if you want, it'll have the same effect as XWeapons in your case :) )

I've run into a roadblock on the Excessive issue, as Excessive cannot be decompiled (there is no code :( ) so I'll have to keep taking shots in the dark. However, at least I've managed to reproduce your problem :rolleyes:

bartje321
06-24-2004, 05:51 PM
it seems you use a timer, why?

legacy-neoflame
06-24-2004, 05:59 PM
it seems you use a timer, why?
Infinite ammunition :)

Oh, BTW, I discovered that if you hold down the fire button on the Excessive RL it stops firing, but starts again when you let go :confused:

(goes back to bughunting)

bartje321
06-24-2004, 06:02 PM
try it like this
if the player fires, you add ammo, not with a timer, i think it go lots faster

legacy-neoflame
06-24-2004, 06:28 PM
try it like this
if the player fires, you add ammo, not with a timer, i think it go lots faster
Uh... OK... what event is it?

bartje321
06-24-2004, 07:10 PM
overide some script somewere
dunno which
then you do something like this (i guess wrong function name and some wrong code)

function playerfires(bool baltfire){
super.playerfires(baltfire);
player.carryweapon.ammo=player.carryweapon.maxammo ;
}

bartje321
06-24-2004, 07:11 PM
try the controller script

legacy-neoflame
06-24-2004, 07:14 PM
overide some script somewere
dunno which
then you do something like this (i guess wrong function name and some wrong code)

function playerfires(bool baltfire){
super.playerfires(baltfire);
player.carryweapon.ammo=player.carryweapon.maxammo ;
}
Uh... that doesn't help much :rolleyes:

I'll keep looking.

BTW, obscenery, I haven't forgotten you, I've just put it on hold while I try to wrap my head around what could possibly be wrong between Excessive and UT2004RPG. :p My guess is that the ExcessiveV3 mutator has something that overrides something else in UT2004RPG for compatibility purposes, but I lack that something :( It would be easier if I had access to ExcessiveV3's source code :mad:

bartje321
06-24-2004, 07:28 PM
actualy you have
if you cot the .u file

i think there must be a way to decompile a single file, but i know how to decompile all u files

open ued, goto actor browser
open the ExcessiveV3's u files
open the script editor in ued (double click on an actor)
select export all scripts

if you use wotgreal goto tools-> advanged exporter
seems to work too

legacy-neoflame
06-24-2004, 07:39 PM
I thought of that already. No code shows up. When I decompile it using ucc BatchExport, only the defaultproperties show up. :(

Do you know who the creators of ExcessiveV3 are, and how I can contact them?

legacy-obscenery
06-24-2004, 07:44 PM
Pretty wild, using WOTGreal the only thing that shows up in the UC files is the default properties, no code at all, must be some type of code protection?!:eek:

bartje321
06-24-2004, 07:48 PM
ok GOOD code:

//-----------------------------------------------------------
//
//-----------------------------------------------------------
class InvAmmoPlayerController extends PlayerController;

exec function Fire( optional float F )
{
super.Fire(F);
pawn.Weapon.AmmoMaxed(0);
pawn.Weapon.AmmoMaxed(1);
}

// The player wants to alternate-fire.
exec function AltFire( optional float F )
{
super.AltFire(F);
pawn.Weapon.AmmoMaxed(0);
pawn.Weapon.AmmoMaxed(1);
}

DefaultProperties
{

}

bartje321
06-24-2004, 07:58 PM
it wont work for bots :(

legacy-neoflame
06-24-2004, 08:46 PM
Pretty wild, using WOTGreal the only thing that shows up in the UC files is the default properties, no code at all, must be some type of code protection?!:eek:
Yep :(

bartje321, THANK YOU VERY MUCH :D Now all I have to do is figure out how to make players use the overloaded player controller instead of the default one, as well as make it work for bots, and I'm set :D Thank you!

Edit: OK, I've decided I'm going to try and extend Pawn instead (using its Fire and AltFire functions :D ), which should also make it work with bots. But I still don't know how to make the game use my extended pawns instead of the defaults...

legacy-neoflame
06-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Well, just one last update before I call it quits for today.

I found the author of Excessive, and emailed him. Hopefully we'll get a reply soon, because I'm stuck on the error from my side :(

I've finished the InfiniteAmmoPawn class, but still don't know how to make it replace the regular Pawn class :(

legacy-obscenery
06-24-2004, 11:39 PM
Good deal! Thanks for all the work!

bartje321
06-25-2004, 04:38 AM
first of all, dont make it a subclass of pawn, but of xpawn
then add the next code to your mut

function bool CheckReplacement(Actor Other, out byte bSuperRelevant)
{
if(actor.class=xpawn)
actor.class=mypawn
return true;
}

not sure if it works, but something like this

legacy-neoflame
06-25-2004, 09:33 AM
Well, I tried using CheckReplacement as you did, but apparently Obj.Class is a const :( So I tried typecasting instead, and found that xPawns don't get CheckReplacement'ed :confused: So I changed InfiniteAmmoPawn back to extending pawn, and now my log shows that I'm typecasting correctly, but also that:

Warning: MutCacheLoadout DOM-MayanRuins-UT2K4.MutCacheLoadout (Function LoadOut.MutCacheLoadout.ModifyPlayer:0069) Accessed None 'obj'

Here's a snippet of the applicable code:

(old code removed)
:confused: :confused: :confused:

And I still have no response from Excessive's author :(

legacy-obscenery
06-25-2004, 10:21 AM
I decided to try something, and Excessive behaves the exact same way under other weapon replacement mutators, so it is clearly not your deal.

legacy-neoflame
06-25-2004, 11:53 AM
OK, thanks.

On a side note, I think I'm making progress on InfiniteAmmoPawn. I belive you have to modify the player controller to get it to work. Unfortunately, I'm still experimenting...
http://img72.photobucket.com/albums/v219/mtyrce/public/multiplication.jpg
:p

legacy-neoflame
06-25-2004, 12:06 PM
Never thought I'd see the day...

General protection fault!

History: UObject::ProcessEvent <- (InteractionMaster Package.InteractionMaster, Function Engine.InteractionMaster.Process_PostRender) <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessPostRender <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:: Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Bahera <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
:(

But at least infinite ammo works... sort of...

(continues working)

legacy-neoflame
06-25-2004, 01:09 PM
OK, looking at other threads (like this one (http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=365262)) I've decided it would be best just to use the timer method of providing infinite ammo.

So here's...

Loadout v1.0.3

-Fixed an issue where at least 1 entry in the exclusion list was necessary to get any weapon at all (didn't matter if the entry didn't exclude anything)

So you don't actually need that Exclusion=XWeapons anymore :)

http://dl.downloadhosting.com/download/neoflame/Loadout_1.0.3.zip

legacy-obscenery
06-25-2004, 01:26 PM
You know, as I was looking through the code of RPG to see how to increase weapon damage and speed, it seems to me he was doing some kind of pawn replication/replacement type stuff because of the number of possible changes to many of the attributes.

You may want to decompile RPG and look at it (its a butt load of UC files but the main ones stick out by name). And you can pretty much be guaranteed that it will be correct since it was written by Mysterial who works for Epic. Also he is pretty good about answering questions and has his own website and forum...
http://mysterial.linuxgangster.org/forum/

When you finish this mut I have a request, but you can just PM me if you are interested (I think its simple?). I don't want to distract you from this one though...:p

legacy-neoflame
06-26-2004, 11:05 AM
New version:

Loadout v1.1.0:

-Added "Adjustable Weapons" mutator

http://dl.downloadhosting.com/download/neoflame/Loadout_1.1.0.zip

legacy-obscenery
06-26-2004, 01:06 PM
Well the ROF is working great, but I don't think the damage is working I cranked it up to 25 and it took as many hits as 1.

Unless I am setting something incorrectly? I did have it enabled though.

Headed out of town for the weekend won't be back until Monday, so I will test some more then.

legacy-neoflame
06-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Well the ROF is working great, but I don't think the damage is working I cranked it up to 25 and it took as many hits as 1.

Unless I am setting something incorrectly? I did have it enabled though.

Headed out of town for the weekend won't be back until Monday, so I will test some more then.
Strange... for me setting DamageScale to 100 made any weapon practically instagib :p

I'll recheck. What weapon/settings were you using?

Edit: I'm guessing you were using UT2004RPG, since I just finished a nice round of assault rifle bot ownage :p That's odd, though... I thought UT2004RPG used a custom weapon class to increase weapon damage?

jaybud4
06-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Get ready for teh
UBERBUMP!!!

legacy-obscenery
06-29-2004, 10:27 AM
Seems that the damage doesn't work with Invasion (and no other muts). The ROF still works fine. When I did the Invasion Anywhere it did kill the monsters more quickly, so it seems to have something to do with the Invasion game type...

bartje321
06-29-2004, 10:41 AM
Seems that the damage doesn't work with Invasion (and no other muts). The ROF still works fine. When I did the Invasion Anywhere it did kill the monsters more quickly, so it seems to have something to do with the Invasion game type...

i was yust buzy with createing a new version of invasion everywere

anyway, a function out the invasion unit

function int ReduceDamage( int Damage, pawn injured, pawn instigatedBy, vector HitLocation, out vector Momentum, class<DamageType> DamageType )

legacy-neoflame
06-29-2004, 02:42 PM
i was yust buzy with createing a new version of invasion everywere

anyway, a function out the invasion unit

function int ReduceDamage( int Damage, pawn injured, pawn instigatedBy, vector HitLocation, out vector Momentum, class<DamageType> DamageType )

Yes, but:

if ( Monster(Injured) != None )
{
if ( Monster(Injured).SameSpeciesAs(InstigatedBy) )
return 0;
return Damage;
}

So it doesn't affect damage to monsters :(

My guess is that the Invasion gametype ignores Pawn.DamageScaling (somehow), which is what I'm using to set weapon damage. But even if I could find the code that does this, the only workaround I could possibly make is to 1. change how I scale damage (the problem being I don't know of any other methods) or 2. create a new, Adjustable Damage Invasion gametype, which I'd really prefer not to have to do...

...but I'll see what I can do.