PDA

View Full Version : Any players want training sessions?



legacy-zeroskillz
06-16-2004, 08:52 AM
With working alot of hours, and not being able to dedicate myself to a clan, I had an idea today of helping out "serious" players who want to get better. I'm looking for 3 people who would be interested in learning some advanced tactics with ut2k4, improving aim, and overall strategy.

Any serious inquiries please email zeroskillz@hotmail.com with this format of information:

Name:
Alias:
Date of Birth:
Location:

If this goes through well I will setup 4 days a week (for a period of 3 weeks) of 1 hour training starting at 9:00pm est. Given there is still interest I will extend that time to further help people.

-zeroskillz

legacy-whitemithrandir
06-16-2004, 09:04 AM
your fearsome name of ZEROSKILLS strike fear and intimidation into my heart and makes me afraid to go to sleep without setting down micetraps all around my bed.

seriously though, if you're going to prove to someone that you're the greatest ownage machine that ever lived since Jesus, you need a more awe-inspiring moniker than "zeroskills".

I suggest
"CANCERCAUSINGTAPEWORMTHATWILLRIPYOURSTOMACHAPART"

or...

"ARNOLDSCHWARTZENEGGERHUMPER"

because anybody that's got the guts to mount Arnold has gotta be pretty tough.

legacy-zeroskillz
06-16-2004, 09:21 AM
No offense but a name has no reflect upon someones skill. I happened to use this name 7 years ago when I really did suck at games, and after so long there was no point in changing it. Go troll another thread please, I'm actually trying to help the community.

-zeroskillz

legacy-hmishima
06-16-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by zeroskillz
With working alot of hours, and not being able to dedicate myself to a clan, I had an idea today of helping out "serious" players who want to get better. I'm looking for 3 people who would be interested in learning some advanced tactics with ut2k4, improving aim, and overall strategy.

Any serious inquiries please email zeroskillz@hotmail.com with this format of information:

Name:
Alias:
Date of Birth:
Location:

If this goes through well I will setup 4 days a week (for a period of 3 weeks) of 1 hour training starting at 9:00pm est. Given there is still interest I will extend that time to further help people.

-zeroskillz

Sounds like you'd fit in with the rest of us. We don't have any mandatory anything in our clan, just some working people looking for like minded players to get some pick up games going. We offer 5 servers, 32 play teamspeak, 50MB email, and FTP access with all the patches, maps and UT content you could want. We have players from Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, and East coast, and nobody complains about ping with the selection of servers. Come check us out, I think you'll like what you see.

legacy-whitemithrandir
06-16-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by zeroskillz
troll

-zeroskillz

since when is adding a little humor into a forum a form of trolling? But if you don't appreciate it, I guess I can stop and post unfunny straight to the point posts, but that would be hurting the community instead of helping it. Wanna help the community? Lighten up, and laugh a bit, go out and breathe in the sunshine. Go frag some less elite players online and get your fill of happiness instead of calling me a troll, which hurts my feelings.

----------------------------------------------------------


On Topic:

Training for what kind of gametype? :)

legacy-zeroskillz
06-16-2004, 09:31 AM
=]

hsima, well I am currently in horizon, although I guess some people say it's dead, I don't play for them clan wise, but I still sport my tag. Anyways, I'm just looking to help bring up some more competitive players because I barely see any new names.

-zeroskillz

legacy-zeroskillz
06-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Sorry forgot to mention this, but you can also post in this thread if you wish.

-zeroskillz

Renegade
06-16-2004, 10:59 AM
I could go for some training.

Name: Dan Stringer
Alias: danstringer (forum), Renegade (game)
DOB: 31st January 1986
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, UK

legacy-Yourself
06-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by zeroskillz
With working alot of hours, and not being able to dedicate myself to a clan, I had an idea today of helping out "serious" players who want to get better. I'm looking for 3 people who would be interested in learning some advanced tactics with ut2k4, improving aim, and overall strategy.

Any serious inquiries please email zeroskillz@hotmail.com with this format of information:

Name:
Alias:
Date of Birth:
Location:

If this goes through well I will setup 4 days a week (for a period of 3 weeks) of 1 hour training starting at 9:00pm est. Given there is still interest I will extend that time to further help people.

-zeroskillz

Now, I understand 'Alias', but why theheck do you need to know age, real name and location? :weird:

legacy-whitemithrandir
06-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by zeroskillz
Sorry forgot to mention this, but you can also post in this thread if you wish.

-zeroskillz

what exactly are you proposing to train?

DM skills? TDM strats? ONS priorities? CTF routes? DD timing?

Renegade
06-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Yourself
Now, I understand 'Alias', but why theheck do you need to know age, real name and location? :weird:

Location for teh sverer - ping time, lag, that kind of thing. The real name and age are a mystery though... Maybe doesnt wanna teach immature 12 year olds...

Folk
06-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by danstringer
I could go for some training.

Name: Dan Stringer
Alias: danstringer (forum), Renegade (game)
DOB: 31st January 1986
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, UK

Dude, you should reply via e-mail like his post said. Putting your real name and DOB out here is just this far from having your identity stolen, which would suck.

The5thviruz
06-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by danstringer
I could go for some training.

Name: Dan Stringer
Alias: danstringer (forum), Renegade (game)
DOB: 31st January 1986
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, UK

Can i have your credit card number and pin code as well please?:D

Renegade
06-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Folk
Dude, you should reply via e-mail like his post said. Putting your real name and DOB out here is just this far from having your identity stolen, which would suck.

Well my real name isnt exactly hard to find is it. Look at my forum name. Wasn't expecting to stick around...

Date of birth - I posted in a how old are you thread before. At least this way people can send me presents.

Where I live - Stoke-on-Trent is a big place. Plus, its not hard to figure it out, i've said before I live about 5 mins from overclockers UK - look on their site you can see they are based in Stoke-On-Trent.

Plus, zeroskillz said:


Sorry forgot to mention this, but you can also post in this thread if you wish.

legacy-TÝrmentÝR
06-16-2004, 11:22 AM
theres no better training than playing yourself until you learn the secrets of the trade, no amout of TEXT or VOICE in a game from a person is gonna teach you how to play good.

legacy-Yourself
06-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by danstringer
Location for teh sverer - ping time, lag, that kind of thing. The real name and age are a mystery though... Maybe doesnt wanna teach immature 12 year olds...

Some 12 year olds can be more mature than some 18 year olds.

Renegade
06-16-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Yourself
Some 12 year olds can be more mature than some 18 year olds.

Oops - didn't mean any offense by that post m8. Sorry about that.

legacy-whitemithrandir
06-16-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by TÝrmentÝR
game from a person is gonna teach you how to play WELL.

...but a goodly dose of hooked on phonics can teach you to use proper grammar

:D

legacy-LastPlaced
06-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by danstringer
Maybe doesnt wanna teach immature 12 year olds...

fair enough but that might also rule out mature 12 years olds and open himself up to immature 30 year olds. Of which there are plenty:
"OMG U NOOB LAMER IM NO KID IM 30" - riiiiight, you talk like that and you're proud to be 30, id keep it a secret if I were you. At least 12 yr olds have an excuse, the whiny 30 yr olds are just scary.

legacy-|-c2c-|BIG_JOHN
06-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Zero I have played DM and TDM with you many times and man you have LOTS of skills.

I wish you the best of luck bro on trying to do the right thing. I would like to see more L33t's like yourself that wanted to help the community out. :D

legacy-TÝrmentÝR
06-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by whitemithrandir
...but a goodly dose of hooked on phonics can teach you to use proper grammar

:D

can u be more retarded....

legacy-whitemithrandir
06-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by TÝrmentÝR
can u be more retarded....

can you be less serious and say
"lol, at least I'm not retarded like you, haha"
and laugh once in a while? It's friendly gibbing, get over your own superiority and take it.

legacy-TÝrmentÝR
06-16-2004, 11:47 AM
i fail to see why should i be laughing at something that is far from funny, the fact that you thought u could make a funny statement about something i wrote, now thats FUNNY.


looks to me like you need to learn more american street talk, aka SLANG, but lets just leave it at that...

legacy-whitemithrandir
06-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by TÝrmentÝR

looks to me like you need to learn more american street talk, aka SLANG, but lets just leave it at that...

I was a nun in Tibet until yesterday, so that might explain it :)

legacy-zeroskillz
06-16-2004, 11:53 AM
I'm going to compile a list of all the applicants and select 3 people for the time being.

Anyone who has available server usage is greatly appreciated.

Also I'm not training in ons/ctf because I don't play those types, but the knowledge I am trying to pass along is building of raw skill which can be transfered to any game type.

-zeroskillz

legacy-TÝrmentÝR
06-16-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by whitemithrandir
I was a nun in Tibet until yesterday, so that might explain it :)

well then u also need to get laid... or use a substitute pleasuring tool.

Teh end.

legacy-whitemithrandir
06-16-2004, 11:56 AM
oh that's cool.
I'm a hardcore ctf'er but raw skills are fun to learn too.

OEM//Mith is my game name
I'm 18 (Freshman at the University of Michigan)
spending the summer in New Jersey
and...

hmm...

Real name, Q. (Yes, just the letter. Don't ask, blame my parents)

legacy-hmishima
06-16-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by zeroskillz
=]

hsima, well I am currently in horizon, although I guess some people say it's dead, I don't play for them clan wise, but I still sport my tag. Anyways, I'm just looking to help bring up some more competitive players because I barely see any new names.

-zeroskillz

We really don't care if you want to be in 2 clans at once. We'd love to have you, and we have some new guys that could use some help, and I'm sure we could all benefit from the time spent. Check out our site, I think you'll like what you see.

legacy-zeroskillz
06-16-2004, 02:36 PM
What is url?

-zeroskillz

legacy-Big_Iron
06-16-2004, 02:54 PM
It's amazing that you're offering some assistance and you still get heckled ... I think it's a nice thing for you to do!

:up: :up:

legacy-zeroskillz
06-16-2004, 02:58 PM
My goal after doing this is to also release a very extensive tutorial on the things I am going to be teaching the players.

-zeroskillz

legacy-hmishima
06-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by zeroskillz
What is url?

-zeroskillz

www.ut-2k4.com it's in my sig as well, but you might have them diabled.

legacy-zeroskillz
06-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Ok, so far I have 18 applicants, and due to the high amount of request I'm raising the amount of people I am going to train from 3-6. Later tonight I will be emailing those who have been chosen will recieve emails and be directed to the private etg channel.

Also anyone interested in helping me put together the Tutorials please email me as well. zeroskillz@hotmail.com

Thanks to the community for the amount of feedback and good support I am getting.

-zeroskillz

legacy-caesium
06-16-2004, 04:52 PM
I think its a great idea, props for putting your time into helping the community :):up:

legacy-Powerslave666
06-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by TÝrmentÝR
theres no better training than playing yourself until you learn the secrets of the trade, no amout of TEXT or VOICE in a game from a person is gonna teach you how to play good.

You don't know how wrong you are.

legacy-zeroskillz
06-16-2004, 05:16 PM
If I may reiterate, I'm not putting these players in a chatroom and preaching to them how to play the game. I'm going to show them first hand. Which I feel is the best way to do so, and it won't be based on my teachings, it will require dedication from them as well.

-zeroskillz