PDA

View Full Version : dumbest thing a newb has done

legacy-=NS=Reaper
05-30-2004, 01:17 PM
For me it has been on a jailbreak server. Some newb asked how to switch to spectate. And he said that he didn't want to leave the game just not play it. I don't really like specatators all that much so i gave him the old. Press ` (open cousnel) and type exit then all i see is NEWB had an anerysm :p

But other than that it was on onslaught when i saw a tank sitting right in our base our powercore was being attacked and nobody was using the tank to kill the people on foot. by the way the map was like artic stronghold or something the one in the winter. good old classics

by the way both of these were on [NBS]Flak's server:p funnest server ever

these both happened yesturday night

legacy-BabyNuke
05-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Three people trying to heal the powercore at the same time.

legacy-ThanadoS
05-30-2004, 01:20 PM
Someone trying to kill me, standing at the deck17 minigun place with the link gun alt fire from the shock rifle place :)

legacy-BabyNuke
05-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by ThanadoS
Someone trying to kill me, standing at the deck17 minigun place with the link gun alt fire from the shock rifle place :)

Ah yes, those are class, too :D

legacy-=NS=Reaper
05-30-2004, 01:25 PM
sombody :rolleyes: me!!! running back with the flag backwards on face trying to kill there whole team with the sniper rifle FALLS OFF THE SIDE. :(

legacy-ryansgladmin
05-30-2004, 02:03 PM
Flaks server sure does rock. ;)

Kr4zed
05-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Dumbest thing one can make:

Laugh at the newb.

legacy-isidis
05-30-2004, 02:23 PM
While playing JB I saw this one person open the jail and jump inside to "look around", only to find that he had been locked in.

Shame that person was me lol

legacy-_BadAss84
05-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Kr4zed

Laugh at the newb.

:up:

legacy-jaggedsphere232
05-30-2004, 02:32 PM
or when you are on defence in an Assault game and some noob on Offence complains that you are camping. GO BACK TO DM U NOOB! or jst jump out a window...:rolleyes:

Crotale
05-30-2004, 02:34 PM
I like how people make fun of noobs. And yet, the ones poking the fun can't even spell simple words like console (cousnel?) and aneurism (ensyrum?).

legacy-Railgunner
05-30-2004, 02:37 PM
last night some dork named bonecrusher was trying to test his mic on an cbp onslaught server. The same server had some dork accusing everybody of speed hacking.

legacy-NeoBorn
05-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Enter into a room full of people actually thinking / believing people will be nice and try to help, considering they were all once noobs as well :mad:

legacy-mikemil828
05-30-2004, 02:49 PM
Can't really say that this is newbish, but it is a bit amusing.

ONS-Icarus

I was standing over a enemy node and I noticed a enemy player healing a goliath all alone, so I jumped on top of the goliath and hijacked it. Enemy just stands there stupified of what just happened. I immediately squash the enemy player and take down their node. This mistake would have cost match if it weren't for the fact that the enemy team was using the flying leviathan exploit and kept our team occupied with amazingly accurate blasts of death.

virax
05-30-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ReverendOzwould
I like how people make fun of noobs. And yet, the ones poking the fun can't even spell simple words like console (cousnel?) and aneurism (ensyrum?).

I like how people can't tell the difference between a gamer and an english professor.

legacy-NiTrOcALyPsE
05-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by jaggedsphere232
or when you are on defence in an Assault game and some noob on Offence complains that you are camping. GO BACK TO DM U NOOB! or jst jump out a window...:rolleyes:

Amen, people are way too quick to accuse others of camping. it's called defense. What do you want us to do? Assault the attacker's spawn area? Jeez.

legacy-fortwenty
05-30-2004, 03:30 PM
noobs, i love em.

I think vehicle issues crack me up the most.

noob <parks tank 5 mi away from node, runs over to it blaaammooo> my tank now

noob <enters tank at base decides the raptor would be more fun exits tank> my tank now. 1 for core..1 for you...1 for core.....lol

legacy-Schmide
05-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Leaves transporter node in open view, one shot no workie, you use it, it killie.

legacy-kaTaToNiC aGonY
05-30-2004, 03:47 PM
haven't we been n00bs one day ?

its a good laugh, but why not help them afterwards ?

I always think of how I would look like playing CS (if I would like it of course :D )

legacy-=NS=Reaper
05-30-2004, 03:49 PM
k i think the people that are the worst are the people that don't make fun of emselves if they make fun of othres so here i go.

yesturday on flak's server again i was in this level and i saw there jail

it was open right, it had just said i was the last free player then i go in there jail it closes they score a point

a brand new low for me :(

legacy-Cyrin
05-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by BabyNuke
Three people trying to heal the powercore at the same time.

I've seen this before on Dawn when attacking the opponents' core, lol!

legacy-I_RoBiN_I
05-30-2004, 04:04 PM
Dumbest? A guy was camping the redeemer at torlan. Went up there with a raptor, he spotted me and started shooting. I let him, so he couldn't use my raptor in case he'd kill me. Raptor almost gone, I jump out and kill him with a minigun. Get the flak of the dead guy and overlook the battlefield (had little health). Then suddenly see the raptor, I shoot 1 time with my flak and then the guy jumps out: the raptor lands on the tower, the guy next to it. Had a flak and a raptor to get down safely again:D :D

ps.:

Originally posted by Virax

I like how people can't tell the difference between a gamer and an english professor. [/B]

you need to be an english professor to know that??

legacy-Powerslave666
05-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Only noobs get so obsessed about other noobs.

legacy-Dark Immortal
05-30-2004, 04:21 PM
I think the stupidest ones ever had to be today... both on mutant... first one... on HyperBlast2, I got the 100A and this guy had followed me, I wasn't afraid of him since he was neither Bottom feeder or mutant, he starts firing at me... stupidly. I go "haha you can't hurt ME", he called me a cheater and left not relising the whole point of the game type :rolleyes:.

Then after that on one of the 1 on 1 maps with about 8 people in it, Since translocator was switched on, I translocated up to the double damage area, someone saw me go up, went up after me... so when I came back later to get the DD again this guy was standing there sniping anyone... I teleported up for the DD, it wasn't there. He shoot me with the lightning gun repeated... surprising not hurting me... I got a bit annoyed... fired a translocator into him and telefraged him :rolleyes:.

legacy-Fuzzlebunny
05-30-2004, 04:49 PM
Noobs shall inherit the earth (Well, the game community anyway). Give them a little slack.
There is a difference between being new at the game and common sense tho. Which is where the attacking guys in assault come in. I cant stand it when they sit at home and snipe, waiting for someone to walk into the view. Didnt you hear the announcer? Blue team on offense! OFFENSE!
Snipe the two lock mechanism from our spawn point and I'll stop complaining.

legacy-SirYawnalot
05-30-2004, 04:56 PM
Until the release of UT2004 I would never dream of using the term "newbie", let alone get pissed at or laugh at one. But it's hard to empathise with people who join an Assault game and then have no idea what to do- it makes me *so* angry when people can't take a minute to try the *very small* amount of maps in single-player, or at least watch the brief tutorials for each map.

The best example of this is also a good example of possibly the stupidest newbie in the history of the universe, and for someone who doesn't even like the term "newbie" that is saying something.

AS-Junkyard. The evil-doer in question commandeers the Hellbender at the final spawn point, then proceeds to take a wrong turn and drive right back TO THE VERY START OF THE MAP. Yeah, the garage. Everyone was screaming at him "jump out of the vehicle!!! It will respawn!!!" but the performer of foulness didn't appear to understand the strange symbols along the bottom of his screen certain English professors refer to as "text". Somehow we managed to win, probably because the other team were dumb enough to attack the merciless newbie from hell while he was bumping around in the garage. No this wasn't an experienced person just taking the piss, this guy really was that stupid.

legacy-BLOCKS
05-30-2004, 05:23 PM
Twice now I've been able to get the enemy Leviathan in Icarus because somebody got in and then out of it. Both times that turned the tide of the game into a win for my team. Both times at the end of the game I typed "Never leave the levi once you've gotten in".

Similar thing happened in a match on Dawn... the enemy was coming into the middle from the side with a tank and they all jumped out.... I jumped in and killed all of them. Proceeded up to take their tank node and the game ended several minutes later.

From these I've decided it's better to die with the vehicles rather than let them fall into enemy hands :D

legacy-NiTrOcALyPsE
05-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Fuzzlebunny
Noobs shall inherit the earth (Well, the game community anyway). Give them a little slack.
There is a difference between being new at the game and common sense tho. Which is where the attacking guys in assault come in. I cant stand it when they sit at home and snipe, waiting for someone to walk into the view. Didnt you hear the announcer? Blue team on offense! OFFENSE!
Snipe the two lock mechanism from our spawn point and I'll stop complaining.

Oh God I know. They don't seem to realize that sitting around and sniping is never going to get us into the base. It's especially bad when they start clogging up the jump-pads and vehicle doors on AS-Convoy.

legacy-|DECEP|^oMIkron
05-30-2004, 05:32 PM
dude thats when you help them..if it wasnt for the noobs we would be leet by ourselves...and the game franchise would die...set up a listen serer and invite them to play a 3 on 3 dm or something...then take it to onslaught...tell them about weapon usage...pc settings...and we may see a ut2k6 (please no 2k5...just give is a free patch with some cool maps skins and textures..re bagage it ofr those who didnt get it this year...aka goty..let the community grow before we are forced to migrate)

ps: the worst thing a noob did was not take advice..

legacy-coldplasma
05-30-2004, 05:51 PM
on cita, some hotshot took the enemy flag and started asking what to do next. we told him, and he had a clear run back to safety, and then he fell off the side of the bridge with the flag and got stuck in the bug under the bridge >;/

Cenobite
05-30-2004, 06:01 PM
Laughing at someone whos trying to snipe even though theyre attacking in AS (actually not laughing...trying to get people to ban their ass)

Laughing at a newb trying to heal powercore/objectives (your pathetic if you do that, your probably the noob)

legacy-Dr.SpAnkenstein
05-30-2004, 10:01 PM
A minute earlier I had told this guy you can't heal a node with shieldgun secondary. He kept trying though. The other guy, too.
http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v103/doug141/sg1.jpg
http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v103/doug141/sg2.jpg

legacy-It'sWhat'sFace!
05-30-2004, 10:08 PM
Shield Sniping

legacy-Novac
05-30-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by isidis
While playing JB I saw this one person open the jail and jump inside to "look around", only to find that he had been locked in.

Yeah, same happened to me. First time on a map. I was running around the map, ran through an archway, and suddenly heard a slam behind me. Turned around, nothing but a big heavy cell door! I'm still waiting to see that happen to someone in the other team's cell instead of their own, though! I wonder how that would affect gameplay if the last opponent wasn't killed, but was stuck inside the wrong cell...

legacy-jj1109
05-30-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by BLOCKS
Twice now I've been able to get the enemy Leviathan in Icarus because somebody got in and then out of it. Both times that turned the tide of the game into a win for my team. Both times at the end of the game I typed "Never leave the levi once you've gotten in".

Similar thing happened in a match on Dawn... the enemy was coming into the middle from the side with a tank and they all jumped out.... I jumped in and killed all of them. Proceeded up to take their tank node and the game ended several minutes later.

From these I've decided it's better to die with the vehicles rather than let them fall into enemy hands :D

lol yes :D i only get out of levi, tank just about anything when it's got like 50hp left :D

legacy-thep0pe
05-30-2004, 10:23 PM
The dumbest thing newbs do is call everyone else newbs.

legacy-Wonkers_tjm
05-30-2004, 10:33 PM
I stopped getting suprises after about a week of UT2k4. I hadn't played UT genre since the first UT.

Everyone sucks sometime but whatever. There isn't a whole lot to learn about this game. Every time I play now it's like being on a treadmill. It's boring but your getting better, so I guesss that make people happy.

I like finishing with a negitive score then telling people they suck. Social engineering is more rewarding than a score over 100.

There is no debate about that.

legacy-undrtakr
05-30-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Kr4zed

Laugh at the newb.

legacy-afavre
05-30-2004, 11:40 PM
I don't know if this is a NOOB issue or just as Jackass occurrence.

I was playing an onslaught map with a mediocre team. It was too the point where everyone was tired of the map (at least on our team). So, the team decides to let the other team have the match (lame I know).

What do the other team members do? While we all stand there, not even shooting, the other team drives in a tank and proceeds to repeatedly blast us! No one raises a gun, no one fights back, and the ahole doesn't even go after the core. Finally wasted his ass just because he pissed everyone off. Get a clue!

legacy-.dot.Chops
05-30-2004, 11:46 PM

Isn't it spelled "aneurysm" in UT?

Crotale
05-31-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by .dot.Chops
Isn't it spelled "aneurysm" in UT?

Possibly. Either spelling is correct (aneurism/aneurysm). I was only guessing that ensyrum was aneurism.

legacy-Envy-
05-31-2004, 12:06 AM
make this thread.

legacy-{T5K}Fr05tByte
05-31-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by isidis

haha, i did this in the opposing team's jail the other day, just accidentally wandered in after they managed to open it and it closed on me :( did have a bit of fun when people started spawning in there though, lol ;)

legacy-Envy-
05-31-2004, 12:09 AM

UT2k4 skill has been dictated by ability to spell since when...?

legacy-Skarjj Master
05-31-2004, 01:24 AM
Ive seen someone park a raptor on the edge of the torlan tower, get out, and fall a mile. Ive seen people try to attack the enemy power core at the start of the match.

legacy-jaggedsphere232
05-31-2004, 01:34 AM
ok ok lets get our definitions straight....A noob, to me is a person who on a team game will repeadetly suicide for the fun of it and then anounce to the rest of the players 'look at my score I am soo 7eet' basically its just a person who just doesnt care about GGs
I dont care if u arent very good just as long as you TRY....

legacy-VacantMind
05-31-2004, 01:54 AM
all of you posting in this thread is my favorite noob moment.. you're all newbs LOLOLOL

legacy-Powerslave666
05-31-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by VacantMind
all of you posting in this thread is my favorite noob moment.. you're all newbs LOLOLOL

^^

legacy-Thermal_Blanket
05-31-2004, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by |DECEP|^oMIkron
dude thats when you help them..if it wasnt for the noobs we would be leet by ourselves...and the game franchise would die...set up a listen serer and invite them to play a 3 on 3 dm or something...then take it to onslaught...tell them about weapon usage...pc settings...and we may see a ut2k6 (please no 2k5...just give is a free patch with some cool maps skins and textures..re bagage it ofr those who didnt get it this year...aka goty..let the community grow before we are forced to migrate)

ps: the worst thing a noob did was not take advice..

Makes sense :up:

Yes, some of the things noobs do are hilarious and sometimes they can get annoying (especially when they don't listen to more experienced players) but stop and take the time to help them out if they ask something (or give them advice anyway if they don't . :) ).
You should remember that you were all new to this at some point and must have done some things that other players laughed at.
When I first started playing ONS I was lucky that there were some pretty helpful players on the servers I went to and not any of those sarcastic turds whos only achievment in life is to master a computer game.
When I play a game, it isn't the confused antics of a new player that really makes me want to sh*t but those players who berate and intimidate them with unnessecary abuse. So instead of a new player being able to laugh off what they've done and hopefully learn from it, they probably won't want to play a game with such a-holes in it again.
We need as many dedicated UT gamers as possible for the franchise to continue or this will eventually become a brilliant game that people only remember from a few years ago.

Try not to crap on your own doorstep with all the noob bashing.

legacy-Jeenitals
05-31-2004, 02:12 AM
The many, many people with the UT2K4 demo, who insist upon AVRiL-camping for the entire duration of the map. Grab the AVRiL, jack the Raptor, immediately fly up to the top of the tower, and randomly shoot at anything that moves. Toss out an 'lolololol' or a 'hahah noob ownd' occasionally, for emphasis, and when your AVRiLs finally run out, whore the Redeemer and fire it randomly at enemy nodes (unlinked? What's that?). Continue until you die or the match ends.

They're usually too stupid to do anything to the nodes, preferring instead to

a) Shoot at the enemy powercore while unlinked, or
b) Pilot the Redeemer missile directly into the tower or one of the rock columns;

However, it really ruins a good Raptor dogfight when you're both blasting at each other with guns, and suddenly one poor sap gets 'Missile Lock-On' and is blown out of the air by the AVRiL guy. I'd actually consider someone on the tower with an AVRiL to be a legit tactic, except they do it for the entire bloody game. They don't help to build or destroy nodes, or even to defend - more often than not they'll fire at a Manta coming out of the Red base instead of at the Goliath that's currently attacking their last power node.

legacy-|DECEP|^oMIkron
05-31-2004, 03:45 AM
Try not to crap on your own doorstep with all the noob bashing.

lol funny...

:haha:

it shouldbe "whats the most noob thing you have ever done..."

that would be after recieving my free copy of ut99 for buying a voodoo3 3000 (around xmas 99)......i played with a microsoft sidewinder gamepad......and thought the shock combo was a hack...i killed myself on my first flagrun cause i liked the sound of the flak cannon......i fell off of ctf face more than any of you....now i am moderately dangerous...but then...I WAS A NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!!!!

i tried to heal the core in the torlan demo....

i sometimes insist on double dashing and attempting a shock combo....i jumped clear accross the second "bus" in convoy several times by hitting the jump pad and jumping...

lets not talk about loaded rockets....on deck 17...i have a pile of bodies at the bottom of lava giant...its now its own island...

i am not a bad plyer..i would say above avg...but we all do nooblar things from time to time.....last week i translocated off the edge in face classic trying to do my hiding technique and trans off the middle and come back up.........i ran out of charge...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!!!

anyone else?

iron12
05-31-2004, 04:13 AM
ok ok lets get our definitions straight....A noob, to me is a person who on a team game will repeadetly suicide for the fun of it and then anounce to the rest of the players 'look at my score I am soo 7eet' basically its just a person who just doesnt care about GGs

I agree with this guy. If the guy is trying but not sure what to do, help him out.

If the guy clearly doesn’t know what he’s doing and you give him some helpful advise and he tell you to shut up then he’s a noob.

legacy-disturbedc0w
05-31-2004, 04:24 AM
I tried to join flaks server today. But it wanted to download all this stuff, and I was like "no i dont want to download all this stuff"
So i gave up in the middle of the necris skin pack.

If you guys want necris so much, its sposed to be in the next bonus pack I believe.

legacy-po0beard
05-31-2004, 04:27 AM
In RO I accidentally dropped a genade when my entire team were all huddled in one place. I'd just joined and didn't even know ff was on and we just crouched there looking at the grenade.

Massacre.:noob:

A few times I've managed a heroic run to the enemy flag and make it back out again unhit, run screaming past all my team mates back to my base, only to realise I'd left the flag there. :down:

legacy-the dark six
05-31-2004, 05:16 AM
A few times I've managed a heroic run to the enemy flag and make it back out again unhit, run screaming past all my team mates back to my base, only to realise I'd left the flag there. :down: [/B]

Speaking of which, they really need a better you have the flag indicator.

legacy-Sphinx
05-31-2004, 05:24 AM
post a thread about the dumbest thing a newb has done

legacy--Twista-
05-31-2004, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Wonkers_tjm
I like finishing with a negitive score then telling people they suck. Social engineering is more rewarding than a score over 100.

I hate people like you:down:

legacy-VenomZER0
05-31-2004, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by jaggedsphere232
ok ok lets get our definitions straight....A noob, to me is a person who on a team game will repetedly suicide for the fun of it and then anounce to the rest of the players 'look at my score I am so 1337!11 basically its just a person who just doesn't care about GGs
I dont care if you aren't very good just as long as you TRY....

perfect :up:

legacy-SirYawnalot
05-31-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by po0beard
In RO I accidentally dropped a genade when my entire team were all huddled in one place. I'd just joined and didn't even know ff was on and we just crouched there looking at the grenade.

Massacre.:noob:

I think we've all done something like that at some point. :)
I have a very itchy trigger finger, and back in my Aliens vs Predator 2 days I accidentally pressed the "fire pulse rifle grenade" button while our team was creeping along a narrow air shaft, decimating my entire team. Well, I've always complained PR grenades are overpowered...:confused:

Btw, in my "most hated newbie of the year" example on Page 1, the maniacal disciple of inexperienced evil did not in fact take anyone's advice (indeed, they appeared unable to read), so the term "newbie" does apply there.

legacy-po0beard
05-31-2004, 11:57 AM
I just did the same thing again, not half an hour ago. I'd been playing a German for at least an hour when I got fed up of the map and joined another server. I sneaked around a bit and entered a house I thought was about where the enemy would be. There they were, four or five Russians with their backs to me. There were two at the first floor windows and I could see more through the hole in the floor, all busy sniping away. I put a grenade down the hole and a bullet through the two snipers. I felt pretty happy about it all until a big red message appeared on the screen about being banned if I did it again.

:eek:

Maybe RO is not for me.

legacy-Mach3
05-31-2004, 02:23 PM
Short and simple. just playing this game makes them a noob.
If you haven't really played any games of this genre, it's hard to get used to it.

legacy-Shizna
05-31-2004, 02:52 PM
The only thing that I find amusing about newbies is when they jump out of a Levi to shoot you on foot, then it is yours for the taking.

LOL - about RO teamkilling... I love it... it is so hard to make a difference between the two teams, makes it that slight bit more realistic. Its always funny when loads of teamkills happen in a row. I am pissed off when I get teamkilled, but then I snipe off a guy and find out its a teammate :D

RO RULZ! RO RULZ! RO RULZ! RO RULZ!