PDA

View Full Version : Best ONSLAUGHT Players ...

legacy-LadySlayer
04-09-2004, 12:27 PM
I saw the thread on CTF players ... and i wanted to see the Onslaught list ...

Here's my submission ... from my favorite Server (Cain's Lair) ...
Babies
Some_Guy
WW_Kroil

There are lots ... but i know these guys totally rock!!

legacy-Brinkman
04-09-2004, 12:33 PM
i went to grade school with those guys..g reat guys!

actually i have no idea who they are.. and really dont care..

legacy-spamboy
04-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Picking the best onslaught player is like picking the nicest smelling turd.

legacy-Tobbe
04-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by spamboy
So all Onslaught players are turds? :weird:

legacy-LadySlayer
04-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Is that because the game is new and you have to learn a few TEAM skills to be able to play?

The real deal with Onslaugt is that a single player cant win the map ... you have to rely on and support your team.

So i guess that's what i'm asking ... who's the best TEAM player?

and YOU a t*** if you gotta play by yourself!!

legacy-Brinkman
04-09-2004, 12:45 PM
im more interested in your lady slaying ability.. can we talk more about that?

legacy-LadySlayer
04-09-2004, 01:20 PM
lol ... you gaming guys are a riot!!

We have 3 ladies/women/females that play on Cain's ... and we are all fair too ... i've heard of a couple more, but i havent played with them.

Are there really that few women playing UT2K4? I really only play ONS on Cains - but I play CTF and DM on a couple of servers and havent seen any women there yet.

Hmmm ... something to think about.

legacy-ColdShooter
04-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by LadySlayer
Is that because the game is new and you have to learn a few TEAM skills to be able to play?

The real deal with Onslaugt is that a single player cant win the map ... you have to rely on and support your team.

Last night, for really the first time while being on a public server, I was on a team that really worked well together. It was amazing. For example...

Three raptors in the air moving together in a squad to cover movement on the ground, taking out any Gols before they could get two shots off, at the same time focusing their attention precisely where it needed to be focused and not just randomly buzzing around. These guys would hop out and charge up nodes as needed to get them on their way.

Multiple vehicles hitting a single enemy node all at the same time taking it down quicker than the other team had time to respond.

Mantas swarming the same area keeping people on foot totally pancaked.

Other players constantly healing each others vehicles and keeping things up and running.

Fully loaded Hellbenders with decent drivers and gunners. My teammates seemed to know what to do for a change. Was actually working with a teammate in a HB swapping out positions. He'd drive, I'd be on 2, a raptor would come in, I'd switch to 3, take out raptor, He'd switch to 2 and take out anyone on foot, I'd switch to 1 and drive to next hotspot, etc.

It was a nice refreshing change from the usual **** you encounter on public servers. These games were nice and fast paced with lots of carnage and it just really rocked last night. A lot of times when I play onslaught, it can be very ho-hum... charge up a node, get a manta, fly around for 10 seconds, get AVRiLd, respawn, the node you just charged before is down again and must go fix it, lather rinse repeat. But last night, the games I were in really had momentum and my team of random strangers were pushing the other team hard and with focused effort. I loved it.

legacy-French__Toast
04-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Shouldn't this be 'Best Onslaught Team?

In UT2003-CTF was often all about one person because with the shield gun, that one person was good enough to win the game.

And in '03-BR, you only needed one person on your team who could pass it to himself really well.

But 2004's Onslaught, no single person can win the game. There may be an MVP, ie. who can fly the raptor to the redeemer the best, or the best Leviathan driver, but it's a team effort.

Having seen the WW clan play, those guys take teamwork seriously, and it's no surprise if one of them appears to be superior all by himself.

legacy-Baba_Booey
04-10-2004, 08:41 AM
I saw the thread on CTF players ... and i wanted to see the Onslaught list ...

Here's my submission ... from my favorite Server (Cain's Lair) ...
Babies
Some_Guy
WW_Kroil

There are lots ... but i know these guys totally rock!!

I pwn them all, unless babies camps the goliath in primevil :p

legacy-LadySlayer
04-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Hey Baba ... i see you ... you may pwn me ... but i know you dont pwn the guys everytime .... i've seen you pwnd to at Cain's ... lol.

Go ahead .... make my day ... frag me!

placebo
04-10-2004, 06:22 PM

So i guess that's what i'm asking ... who's the best TEAM player?

and YOU a t*** if you gotta play by yourself!!
I won 5 rounds of Onslaught practically by myself. The rest of my team were hard core DM-ers with no understanding of Onslaught's basic game mechanics. Or, maybe they did, but they obviously weren't Kasparovs or Fishers as far as strategy went. Neither was the other team. I capped their tank node (ONS-Torlan) before they had even touched it. :eek: :bulb:

legacy-hovz
04-10-2004, 06:27 PM
the best clan me and my clan have scrimmed is kaizen. they are rly good

legacy-FatMouse
04-10-2004, 06:44 PM

lmao :haha: :haha: :haha:

legacy-123454321
04-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by placebo
The rest of my team were [...] obviously [not] Kasparovs or Fishers as far as strategy went.

What clan do those two play for? :haha:

(And assuming some people here have cultural blind spots like those in the Avril thread, those two guys are world champion chess players.)

DGUnreal
04-10-2004, 09:25 PM
There are hardly any "best" ONS players...

I stopped playing UT2k4 ONS online a few weeks ago...
(Before you start flaming, I'm not saying I'm a "best"...)

Back when the demo first came out, I played it almost daily.
I bought the retail game the second it hit store shelves.
I even picked up a real nice Altec Lansing headset for the VoIP.

The problem is that once in the hands of the general noob-public, who don't care a twittle that it is a team game, and the fact that Epic didn't enforce *any* team-balance, has destroyed its online fun-appeal for me.

Most noobs think that ONS is "DM-with-vehicles", and that means having the highest kills makes you 1337 (whatever the h*ll that is...). They don't care squat about team play.

I always end up having to drop back to defense and walking the nodes to give our team some 'semblance of a chance at winning, because the noobs rush away to the enemy core and leave everything else undefended. And never charge a darn thing when spawning in after dying.

I have played with a few good players, but they are few-and-far-between. And many times they skip off the server after one or two games.

I stopped playing online since the loooser-noobs do things like change teams when they are behind in score, so it causes massive team unbalance ("oh, it's so cool to be on the winning team" yah, when you are stacked 8 to 4...).

I'm a decent player (also a mod'er/mapper/scripter/modeler), usually in the top 1 to 3 for the team on each game, but the fun of onslaught is gone for me. I'd rather play TDM or rocket-arena instead now...

So unless Epic fixes the team balance problem (and it IS a problem), I won't be back online to play ONS often if at all...

[I was also a large contributor to a thread on team balance earlier on these forums].

(I know, some of you may flame me for posting this, but it is my opinion, and I feel it is a valid complaint about the lack of ONS rules imposed by Epic, that literally takes all of the fun out of the game).

DGUnreal

legacy-FatMouse
04-10-2004, 09:43 PM
Most noobs think that ONS is "DM-with-vehicles"

couldn't agree more :up: almost all people i know in real life who have played UT think this

legacy-LadySlayer
04-12-2004, 03:42 PM
I wish you'd come play with me and some of the regs ... we get great games going now that we've had some time to develop tactics on different maps.

Lots of team speak, leadership, followership, support and (last but not least) kills.

The thing about Ons ... is that dying isnt bad - unlike DM. I mean, i get a full health and a place to refill all my weapons!... lol.

Seriously, try it <B>again</B> - come onto Cain's and i'd love to be on a team with you!

... not JUST a frag-fest!

legacy-A White Guy
04-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by DGUnreal
I stopped playing online since the loooser-noobs do things like change teams when they are behind in score, so it causes massive team unbalance ("oh, it's so cool to be on the winning team" yah, when you are stacked 8 to 4...).

I'm a decent player (also a mod'er/mapper/scripter/modeler), usually in the top 1 to 3 for the team on each game, but the fun of onslaught is gone for me. I'd rather play TDM or rocket-arena instead now...

So unless Epic fixes the team balance problem (and it IS a problem), I won't be back online to play ONS often if at all...

[I was also a large contributor to a thread on team balance earlier on these forums].

(I know, some of you may flame me for posting this, but it is my opinion, and I feel it is a valid complaint about the lack of ONS rules imposed by Epic, that literally takes all of the fun out of the game).

DGUnreal

Now I might be wrong but wasn't the purpose of the UT stat tracker to balance teams with equal amount of good and bad players? If Epic ever gets the stats back up I'm really hope this does work to make more equal teams. So far nothing has beat an Onslaught round where both teams work together and really fight for nodes.

legacy-Mosh83
04-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Duh, me of course.

Not only am I the best in skills, I am also reknown for my modesty.

DGUnreal
04-12-2004, 04:16 PM
I wish you'd come play with me and some of the regs ... we get great games going now that we've had some time to develop tactics on different maps.

Hi LS,

I'll check around the servers for ya.

I don't mind dying when playing, I don't mind if the other team wins because they have some great players, I don't even mind ending with a low kill score because I was playing defense for a round (I'm a great shot in a turret, which really irritates the guys with Avrils). I play for the fun. And having a good set of teams to play with is more fun than winning.

DGUnreal

legacy-spamboy
04-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Well I'm glad to see this thread had a happy ending! I'm getting all choked up here guys... I'm just feeling a bit emotional, so please bear with me if I shed a few tears :cry:

But don't worry they're happy tears! :)

DGUnreal
04-12-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by A White Guy
Now I might be wrong but wasn't the purpose of the UT stat tracker to balance teams with equal amount of good and bad players? If Epic ever gets the stats back up I'm really hope this does work to make more equal teams. So far nothing has beat an Onslaught round where both teams work together and really fight for nodes.

But what happens if (as now) the tracker is down?
It would be just as easy to implement some team rules right into the game code.
See my posts on this thread:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360216

DGUnreal

legacy-LadySlayer
04-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Well I'm glad to see this thread had a happy ending! I'm getting all choked up here guys... I'm just feeling a bit emotional, so please bear with me if I shed a few tears :cry:

Sweety ... dont cry ... you can come play with me too! muah for your happy tears!

roflmao!!

legacy-Newbie
I believe I have seen the nick Some_Guy in ONS before. Yes, above average. But like spamboy said, picking up the best ONS player is somewhat... A few noobs take the vehicles and hand them to the enemies, and see what the other best players together can do anything about it.

May be you can change the title to MVP (most valuable player).

DGUnreal

spamboy, here's a tissue...

;)

DGUnreal

legacy-Unholy Soldier
04-12-2004, 04:34 PM
We have 3 ladies/women/females that play on Cain's ... and we are all fair too ... i've heard of a couple more, but i havent played with them.

On Tusclan we have a few women playing, Mainly Queenmage, she's on there all the time. Almost all of our matches go into overtime, the teams are usually very equal and the regs there have good teamwork skills and help each other out. I'm on there all the time if any of you guys see me.

legacy-NoGodForMe
04-12-2004, 04:35 PM
What are you judging best player on?

I play on Cain's Lair everyday, and my score is usually in the middle, yet the team I'm on usually wins. That's why I started this thread.

http://ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=370148&highlight=ons

I heal our nodes, capture nodes, and fire at enemy vehicles with the Avril. I usually end up getting whacked by the tank, but if I don't fire a few rockets into it, they'll advance. When I'm capturing a node, I usually get shot or run over. But someone has to do it.

See you on the server.

legacy-LadySlayer
04-12-2004, 04:40 PM
OK ... Newbie ... MVP is fine by me ... lol

Unholy - I played with QueenMage in CTF last week; she and her team kicked my a$$!!!! I couldnt even get a weapon before i was under their feet ... lol. I wish i could be that good!

And NoGod ... really ... you play Cain's too? I'll watch for you tonight sweety!!

legacy-ParoxysM
04-12-2004, 05:20 PM
How can you possibly list the best people for a game that has been out less than a month. I almost always score the highest on every map, but you cant compare me to players on other servers.

legacy-123454321
04-12-2004, 05:53 PM
(MA)XENA (http://matureasskickers.net/m/roster/member/?did=0&lid=0&memberid=170&leagueplayerid=0), in DM or Invasion. Best killing machine I've seen.

legacy-Unholy Soldier
04-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Lady - Queen's team is usually really organized...I know cause she is on my team like 70% of the time:) You should come play at Tusclan sometime, Both the teams are usually deadeven. It's awesome. And we have some really good people and some pretty funny people so it never gets TOO serious and people start snappin at each other. Some of the regs are hellborn, me, Queenmage, canada_dry, Bushmaster, J.D. and some others so if they start ordering you around listen to em, they know what they're doin. Specially bushmaster...freakin god of goliaths.

I'll be on later tonight lady, I hope to see you there. I'd play on Cain more but the tanks always are missing the top half and its annoying.

legacy-Tuks
04-12-2004, 08:03 PM
be on the loookout for this guy.

SuperSperman