PDA

View Full Version : weapon modeling

legacy-havoc
04-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Does any one have any experience with AutoCAD and UT2004 I have some cool weapons Iíve made in 3d using AutoCAD Like Robocopís pistol and a twinberries assault rifle Iíd like to put in to unreal but I havenít figured out how I managed to import in to Maya but I can't figure out how to get Maya or AutoCAD into the unreal editor or ut2004

legacy-offspringy
04-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Snap,
i made sum weapons with carrara studio and saved them as .3ds but now im stuck, what do ya do once you have made the guns?!

lol,

:weird:

legacy-dppwdrmn
04-06-2004, 12:45 AM
on the unreal tournament play disc there is an installer that will let you export maya files to the unrealed, i dont know but i think it is for maya ple, which is also included.
hope that helps

legacy-havoc
04-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by dppwdrmn
on the unreal tournament play disc there is an installer that will let you export maya files to the unrealed, i dont know but i think it is for maya ple, which is also included.
hope that helps

Is that the utility that they bring up in the little box use in the tutorial videos? Do you know witch disk or folder its under (I have ut2004 se) and do you know what the .exe is called?

legacy-dppwdrmn
04-06-2004, 12:53 PM
i dont know which disk of the se version it might be on, but in the cd set it is on the play disc in a folder called 'extras'
in this folder there are more folders, and one of them is call 'maya' or 'maya ple', something like that.
there are two .exes in this folder, one to install maya ple, and the other is the export program, which just adds to the maya ple already installed.

sorry about grammer, in the middle of class

legacy-cool_guy_43081
04-06-2004, 01:06 PM
It's on the main play disk on the SE under disk 6 (for those who don't have it the DVD is split into the 6 cds you guys had to use to install)

legacy-havoc
04-06-2004, 05:50 PM
i found it thanks guys

legacy-havoc
04-07-2004, 08:50 AM
For those of you who have work in 3d studio, AutoCAD, and other design applications I ran across a website called www.righthemisphere.com
If you open u paint after installing it from disk 6 of the ut2004 disks and in the upper right hand corner thereís a button that says updates. This will take you to the same web site as I mentioned.
Any way there is a lot of software one in particular called CoreCAD turns AutoCAD, Microstation, and other file to Maya files. For .3ds files try saving them to .dwg or .dxf files or if you have AutoCAD I know you can import .3ds file in to it.
You can download demos of all their software if you don't want to pay major major big bucks for the full versions. Just go to downloads and sign up and check all there software listed they will email your links to all the software where you can download the demo software
Make sure to download
Deep exploration
This is the base program for CoreCAD
Good luck all and have fun

legacy-butcherboy
04-07-2004, 09:41 AM
I think there is a 3ds exporter on the Unreal developer's site. Check the links section off the main ut home page.