PDA

View Full Version : 2k4 Cache Cleaner

legacy-VladTepz
03-23-2004, 09:46 AM
Anyone have a cache cleaner or knows where to get one that works for 2k4 yet?

Vlad

legacy-LiL_D
03-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Yo Vlad, there is a beta version here that works fine. http://www.rfhq.com/hqn/index.php?showtopic=7312

legacy-VladTepz
03-23-2004, 10:10 AM
Sweet it works, thanx D

Vlad

legacy-Dr. Wu
03-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Why do you need a cache cleaner? From what I've read I'm guessing this program is useful to clear out objects that have been customized, but have the same name?

legacy-Tkmaster
03-23-2004, 10:25 AM
A) any thing downloaded by ut2k4 is not saved in a way you could run a server with it...
b) cache cleaner allows you to make a permanent save of a map you needed to download.

Like notice in 2k3 when you had to download a usermade map but couldnt access it when you wanted to create a server?

well utcache cleaner will allow you to save it as a map file and use it anytime...

legacy-Captain Sarcastic
03-23-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Wu
Why do you need a cache cleaner? From what I've read I'm guessing this program is useful to clear out objects that have been customized, but have the same name?

Some of the more useful cache cleaners allow you to install the files from your cache directory into your map directories (with all the associated files in the right place). This means the downloaded maps are available for offline play and don't need to be downloaded from the server again if your cache has timed them out.