PDA

View Full Version : Example on adding new botnames for Instant Action

legacy-Cyrin
03-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Example addon here (http://www.furnation.com/chrisdragon/ut2k4/xplayersl3.zip)

Extract the above to UT2004/System directory and check the bot roster.

To add new bot names:

1) Go to UT2004/System dir and find the XPlayers#L.UPL files (# indicating a number) and make a copy of either of them and rename the copy to Xplayers3L.UPL

2) Open the file with notepad/wordpad

3) To make a simple name change, for the example below:

Player=(DefaultName="Horus",Race="Egyptian",Mesh=HumanMaleA.EgyptMaleA,species=xGame.SPECIES_ Egypt,BodySkin=PlayerSkins.EgyptMaleABodyA,FaceSki n=PlayerSkins.EgyptMaleAHeadB,Portrait=PlayerPictu res.cEgyptMaleAB,Text=XPlayers.EgyptMaleAB,Sex=Mal e,Menu="SP",FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.ShockRifle,Tactics=0.7,St rafingAbility=-0.35,Aggressiveness=+0.05,BotUse=1)

I will make a simple name change here

Player=(DefaultName="BillGates",Race="Egyptian",Mesh=HumanMaleA.EgyptMaleA,species=xGame.SPECIES_ Egypt,BodySkin=PlayerSkins.EgyptMaleABodyA,FaceSki n=PlayerSkins.EgyptMaleAHeadB,Portrait=PlayerPictu res.cEgyptMaleAB,Text=XPlayers.EgyptMaleAB,Sex=Mal e,Menu="SP",FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.ShockRifle,Tactics=0.7,St rafingAbility=-0.35,Aggressiveness=+0.05,BotUse=1)

You can copy and paste individual lines from the other UPL files and edit them in the new UPL file if you want to make a new one from scratch.

If wanting to make a UPL file from scratch, make sure the very first line on top has [Public] on it before you start copying and adding new names.

I hope this is useful until someone makes a program that will easily do this. :)

Dicky B
03-23-2004, 11:33 PM
Someone dood it.

http://members.cox.net/jimmykick/DBBotGenUT2k4_R5.zip

(yeah, you get props for the idea)

Dicky B

legacy-JaFO(JBE)
03-25-2004, 08:41 AM
That would get you new bots pretty fast, but it'd be difficult and not exactly foolproof if you wanted to change the other statistics for those bots.

/me thinks it's time to update for UT'04 ...

Dicky B
03-25-2004, 05:06 PM
Death is pretty foolproof. Everything else isn't. :) Besides, it's just a random thingy to make a kajillion bots. Might goof with it here and there, for some other things Cyrin and I have been talking about, but otherwise.. I suppose a thingy for the user to set ranges for each stat blablabla might be nice, but I thought a 40-100% range was as random as ya needed.

Dicky B..

ps-just realized.. Neo and his pals were speedhacking cheaters, and Vasili Zaitsev was a spawn camping O sniper.. what a bunch of pusses. let's vote 'em off.

Dicky B
03-25-2004, 10:22 PM

Ok, added a literal assload of things to this. Plus, found the reason it was chugging so slowly on long name lists. Mucho velocidad added, there, bub. So.. I added last name list. And a random generation for alien type names, with 5 configurable rules for the namegen. You can also choose a specific species for the gen, or just let 'er rip choosing from all of 'em.

Note: Doesn't check for dupes this version.. With 1900+ first names, and 26 last names, plus randoms, no real need to. (and that's default, built-in, stuff)

I have my gen'd bots LOCKED hahaha.. So you can't choose them, but they still show up when you're selecting a character in your settings as question marks. Makes it easier to pick out what you really want..

Dicky B, like who really wants to choose a Xan Robot mesh named Victor Van Halen?

ps- I'll leave JaFO to dork around with the manager. That's not the point of this exercise, anyway.
:)

*edited to reflect proper capitalization of JaFO's moniker..

RE-EDIT: Apparently locking the characters makes them not show up in instant action matches. Don't DL that thing yet.

Dicky B
03-26-2004, 12:13 AM
Ok, fixed that and some other stuff.

You have to move a UTX file into your Textures folder, but that's not rocket science, right?

Dicky B

legacy-Cyrin
03-26-2004, 01:22 PM
Cool! You got the species specific and integrated the namelist in the program! :) :up:

If possible, some optimizations for speeding up the name generation would help.

Great work DickyB!

I have another idea: A manual name entry form so the generator will create stats using the name in the line.

Maybe a checkbox to allow stats to exceed +1.0?

Another option so it doesn't use your custom portraits for those who want "vanilla" portraits used? Perhaps even more hobbies and species related maybe? (I had a genned old robot with cuddling as a hobby! LOL)

OT: How do I make my own UTX files?

Dicky B
03-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Cyrin
Cool! You got the species specific and integrated the namelist in the program! :) :up:

If possible, some optimizations for speeding up the name generation would help.

Great work DickyB!

I have another idea: A manual name entry form so the generator will create stats using the name in the line.

Maybe a checkbox to allow stats to exceed +1.0?

Another option so it doesn't use your custom portraits for those who want "vanilla" portraits used? Perhaps even more hobbies and species related maybe? (I had a genned old robot with cuddling as a hobby! LOL)

OT: How do I make my own UTX files?

Actually, the Skaarj Only option is broken at the mo.. But anyway, yeah, I can add an "Amp Skills" check box, or add per-skill range stuff. And the name gen isn't the bottleneck now. It's making sure the mesh matches the chosen species, plus gender, pretty much clogging stuff up.

Yeah, the portraits were so that I had an *easy* way to wade through the bots.. THEN I figured out how it loads them, and it's a big duh. Try naming all your generated custom UPLs starting with a z.. then they're after the stock characters.. duh duh.

How To Make A UTX: Open up yer UnrealEd, import a valid piccy (even to powers of 2, like 32/64/128/256/512/1024/2048 by another even, so like 32x256 or 256x256 or 1024x16 even works) and when you do, there's three lines you need to be concerned with, and 1 in particular. The first one. Name that what you want the UTX file to be. Like BotGenReplacement and then the middle one, you can leave blank, last one is picture name. Anyway.. This is covered at 3DBuzz I'm pretty sure. Nab some VTMs and get stupid. :)

A manual name entry form so the generator will create stats using the name in the line.

No idea what that means, but it sounds less of a random bot maker thing than more of a bot editor thing.

Dicky B, once I fix the skaarj only, hey.. Did you also notice Old Bot Only will all be male? Yeah, didn't realize there weren't any Old chickbots, and you wanna talk about lockup... sheesh..

Dicky B
03-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Quick note: I'm updating the first and last name default lists with MONSTER lists.. I'm cleaning up a list of surnames right now .. 88,000 surnames.. I haven't done any hard calculation, but a million bots with non-repeating names is easily possible. Now to have it actually look for dupes.. :) And that's just with first and last names, nevermind the random addable part. But you just have to *love* census reports. I can even set it up to randomly generate names based on popularity of the name parts. I think there's other uses for this Real Name Random Generator over in the pencil and paper RPG area of Da Net. I'll have to fix up another version for them, maybe.

Dicky B, why kill it when you can OVERkill it?

legacy-JaFO(JBE)
03-26-2004, 05:45 PM
If you use an external text-file for your name-generator function then people can add their own data, but they have to know the proper format.
By adding a built-in editor/test feature you give the users a fullproof method with which they can increase the number of botnames the utility can generate.

I had a couple of name-generators in my UT'99 bot-editor, but I never made a userfriendly editor for them.
I was thinking of adding them to my botmanager with a set of dialogs to create new variants.

// -- edit --
Any idea where one can find non-western census data for names ?
I have one for western/american names (by the looks of it), but something for aliens robots

Here's a site you might want to try :
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/

legacy-Cyrin
03-26-2004, 06:01 PM
http://www.20000-names.com

NM I found out

http://www.furnation.com/chrisdragon/newportraits.jpg

I fixed up the portraits already so they don't tile as seen in this screenie

Yes, that portrait using my name is me.

Dicky B
03-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by JaFO(JBE)
If you use an external text-file for your name-generator function then people can add their own data, but they have to know the proper format.
By adding a built-in editor/test feature you give the users a fullproof method with which they can increase the number of botnames the utility can generate.

I had a couple of name-generators in my UT'99 bot-editor, but I never made a userfriendly editor for them.
I was thinking of adding them to my botmanager with a set of dialogs to create new variants.

// -- edit --
Any idea where one can find non-western census data for names ?
I have one for western/american names (by the looks of it), but something for aliens robots

Here's a site you might want to try :
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/

Well, you can load any list of names you want into it. All you have to know is that female first names have to have a trailing # on that line. That's it.

Dicky B, I just thought an ungawdly large data file included would save some time for some people.

legacy-Cyrin
03-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Even 512x512 is too big for the little portrait that pops up on the side. What's the exact size to use?

Edit: Got 256x512 working properly on the portraits

http://www.furnation.com/chrisdragon/wtf111.jpg

Here's a special guest who will be in next bot names roster release ;)

Edit X2: I had the botgen create a Skaarj or Alien when the listing was on "Mercenary only"

Dicky B
03-26-2004, 09:25 PM
I'm using the standard portrait size.. 256x512.. They can be different, like 128x256, as long as it's even (power of 2) and in a 1 width to 2 height ratio. Then it will show right (but not when you pop PORTRAIT up over your 3D view when it's selected, but hey).

Also, miscalculated. With my new EuroFirstName.txt and EuroLastName.txt files loaded in, the unique combinations come to just under half a billion. with a b. yeah.. Increased the genspeed by 33% (from 45 per second to about 60 on my machine), but hey, it STILL takes a long time to make 10,000 bots. :) When I go to bed, I'm going to set up my million bot march. Should take around 5 hours.

And yeah, race-only gens sometimes queer up. looking into that.

Dicky B, Father of 50,000 Botty Boomers, and counting.

ps-yeah, need to fix a couple of things in the bot text section. I figured all males have the same hobby anyway, and females never tell their ages. That's the joke of the whole thing, btw. It wasn't laziness, it was totally on-purpose.

[EDIT: I'll keep adding the top number to the maxbots until I break UT2k4 with too many. Then I'll half that for the maxbots, and there we go.]

legacy-Kissamies
03-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Notice how the game gives the bots new pompous sounding names if you use multiple instances of same bot? Any idea how to edit those names?

Also, while placing pictures in portraits note that the bottom part of it gets chopped off while ingame. 128x256 becomes about 128x200, for example. Better make sure nothing vital is down there and that the picture works also with new dimensions. Example:
http://www.kolumbus.fi/mikko.skytta/Example.jpg
I'll put the name on the black part.

legacy-Cyrin
03-26-2004, 10:31 PM
I'm using the 256x512 size atm. When Dicky does hit the limit, you gonna bug the main programmer to up the limit? ;)

Dicky, can you email me a personal photo so I can stick it in your bot portrait tab? I already added my own. ;)

Might be funny if you have a chance of both male and females not giving their age ;)

Robots and Cybernetics should have totally different hobbies over their organic human/humanoid/alien counterparts.

Oh yea, updated the download. Get it while it's hot.

EDIT #2: BUG BUG BUG! I put in only Last name pool checked and made a list, I got this list:

Player=(DefaultName="_Mason",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Kane,species=xGame.SPECIES_ Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Baird_Body ,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Baird_Head,Sex =Male,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.7 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason||Age: 40||Hobbies: Looking at chicks.",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.7,CombatStyle=+1.0,Jumpiness=+1 .0,StrafingAbility=+0.8,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion__Female_Rae,species=xGame.S PECIES_Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Rae _Body,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Rae_Head, Sex=Female,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.6 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley||Age: ?||Hobbies: Shopping, horseback riding, techno, and head shots!",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.8,CombatStyle=+0.4,Jumpiness=+1 .0,StrafingAbility=+0.9,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion__Female_Rae,species=xGame.S PECIES_Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Rae _Body,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Rae_Head, Sex=Female,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.2 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker||Age: ?||Hobbies: Cuddling, horseback riding, techno, and head shots!",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.7,CombatStyle=+0.6,Jumpiness=+0 .6,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.FlakCannon,StrafingAbil ity=+0.8,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Gitty,species=xGame.SPECIES _Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.HellionF1_Body,Fa ceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.HellionF1_Head,Sex=Female ,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.6 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr||Age: ?||Hobbies: Aerobics, boat rides, reggae, and Raptor dog-fighting!",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.5,CombatStyle=+1.0,Jumpiness=+0 .5,StrafingAbility=+0.6,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Garrett,species=xGame.SPECI ES_Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Garrett _Body,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Garrett_H ead,Sex=Male,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.7 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier||Age: 30||Hobbies: Looking at chicks.",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.7,CombatStyle=+0.7,Jumpiness=+0 .4,StrafingAbility=+1.0,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Gitty,species=xGame.SPECIES _Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Gitty_Bod y,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Gitty_Head,Se x=Female,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.6 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner|| Age: ?||Hobbies: Cuddling, long walks, disco, and wall-dodging!",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.5,CombatStyle=+0.4,Jumpiness=+0 .6,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.ShockRifle,StrafingAbil ity=+1.0,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion__Female_Rae,species=xGame.S PECIES_Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Rae _Body2,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Rae_Head 2,Sex=Female,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.2 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr||Age: ?||Hobbies: Aerobics, boat rides, rock and roll, and head shots!",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.8,CombatStyle=+0.8,Jumpiness=+0 .8,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.FlakCannon,StrafingAbil ity=+0.5,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Kane,species=xGame.SPECIES_ Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Kane_Body, FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Kane_Head,Sex=M ale,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.7 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier||Age: 38||Hobbies: Looking at chicks.",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+1.0,CombatStyle=+0.4,Jumpiness=+0 .7,StrafingAbility=+0.9,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion__Female_Rae,species=xGame.S PECIES_Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Rae _Body2,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Rae_Head 2,Sex=Female,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.2 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius||Age: ?||Hobbies: Cuddling, long walks, rock and roll, and stuffing rockets up other players' asses!",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.6,CombatStyle=+0.9,Jumpiness=+0 .8,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.BioRifle,StrafingAbilit y=+0.8,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion__Female_Rae,species=xGame.S PECIES_Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Rae _Body2,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Rae_Head 2,Sex=Female,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.5 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr||Age: ?||Hobbies: Aerobics, boat rides, hip-hop, and running over players in my Manta!",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+1.0,CombatStyle=+0.5,Jumpiness=+0 .5,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.MiniGun,StrafingAbility =+0.4,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Gitty,species=xGame.SPECIES _Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.HellionF1_Body,Fa ceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.HellionF1_Head,Sex=Female ,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.2 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier||Age: ?||Hobbies: Dancing, fishing, hip-hop, and running over players in my Manta!",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.6,CombatStyle=+0.9,Jumpiness=+0 .4,StrafingAbility=+0.8,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Garrett,species=xGame.SPECI ES_Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Garrett _Body,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Garrett_H ead,Sex=Male,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.7 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson ||Age: 38||Hobbies: Looking at chicks.",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.4,CombatStyle=+0.6,Jumpiness=+0 .9,StrafingAbility=+0.7,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Gitty,species=xGame.SPECIES _Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.HellionF1_Body,Fa ceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.HellionF1_Head,Sex=Female ,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.2 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans||Age: ?||Hobbies: Aerobics, fishing, reggae, and wall-dodging!",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.8,CombatStyle=+0.6,Jumpiness=+0 .9,StrafingAbility=+0.6,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Gitty,species=xGame.SPECIES _Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Gitty_Bod y,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Gitty_Head,Se x=Female,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.2 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier||Age: ?||Hobbies: Cuddling, long walks, disco, and running over players in my Manta!",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.9,CombatStyle=+0.6,Jumpiness=+0 .7,StrafingAbility=+0.7,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Garrett,species=xGame.SPECI ES_Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Outlaw_ Body,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Outlaw_Hea d,Sex=Male,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.7 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr||Age: 37||Hobbies: Looking at chicks.",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.9,CombatStyle=+0.7,Jumpiness=+0 .5,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.RocketLauncher,Strafing Ability=+0.9,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Kane,species=xGame.SPECIES_ Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Kane_Body, FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Kane_Head,Sex=M ale,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.7 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner||Age: 27||Hobbies: Looking at chicks.",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.4,CombatStyle=+0.7,Jumpiness=+0 .7,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.ShockRifle,StrafingAbil ity=+0.7,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Garrett,species=xGame.SPECI ES_Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Garrett _Body,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Garrett_H ead,Sex=Male,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.7 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen||Age: 37||Hobbies: Looking at chicks.",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.6,CombatStyle=+1.0,Jumpiness=+1 .0,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.FlakCannon,StrafingAbil ity=+1.0,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen_Yates",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Kane,species=xGame.SPECIES_ Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Baird_Body ,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Baird_Head,Sex =Male,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.7 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen_Yates|| Age: 26||Hobbies: Looking at chicks.",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.8,CombatStyle=+0.7,Jumpiness=+0 .6,StrafingAbility=+0.5,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen_Yates_C lark",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Gitty,species=xGame.SPECIES _Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.HellionF1_Body,Fa ceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.HellionF1_Head,Sex=Female ,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.5 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen_Yates_C lark||Age: ?||Hobbies: Dancing, horseback riding, hip-hop, and head shots!",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.4,CombatStyle=+0.7,Jumpiness=+0 .5,StrafingAbility=+1.0,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen_Yates_C lark_Lawson",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Gitty,species=xGame.SPECIES _Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.HellionF1_Body,Fa ceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.HellionF1_Head,Sex=Female ,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.1 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen_Yates_C lark_Lawson||Age: ?||Hobbies: Snuggling, camping, techno, and stuffing rockets up other players' asses!",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.5,CombatStyle=+0.5,Jumpiness=+0 .6,StrafingAbility=+0.4,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen_Yates_C lark_Lawson_Zephyr",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Gitty,species=xGame.SPECIES _Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Gitty_Bod y,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Gitty_Head,Se x=Female,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.1 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen_Yates_C lark_Lawson_Zephyr||Age: ?||Hobbies: Dancing, horseback riding, techno, and running over players in my Manta!",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.8,CombatStyle=+0.9,Jumpiness=+0 .5,StrafingAbility=+0.7,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen_Yates_C lark_Lawson_Zephyr_Lawson",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion__Female_Rae,species=xGame.S PECIES_Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Rae _Body2,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Rae_Head 2,Sex=Female,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.4 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen_Yates_C lark_Lawson_Zephyr_Lawson||Age: ?||Hobbies: Cuddling, long walks, reggae, and wall-dodging!",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.8,CombatStyle=+1.0,Jumpiness=+1 .0,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.FlakCannon,StrafingAbil ity=+0.9,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen_Yates_C lark_Lawson_Zephyr_Lawson_Klink",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Garrett,species=xGame.SPECI ES_Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Garrett _Body,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Garrett_H ead,Sex=Male,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.7 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen_Yates_C lark_Lawson_Zephyr_Lawson_Klink||Age: 25||Hobbies: Looking at chicks.",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.6,CombatStyle=+0.7,Jumpiness=+0 .8,StrafingAbility=+0.8,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen_Yates_C lark_Lawson_Zephyr_Lawson_Klink_Xavius",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion__Female_Rae,species=xGame.S PECIES_Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Rae _Body2,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.Hellion_Rae_Head 2,Sex=Female,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.1 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen_Yates_C lark_Lawson_Zephyr_Lawson_Klink_Xavius||Age: ?||Hobbies: Cuddling, long walks, disco, and stuffing rockets up other players' asses!",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.4,CombatStyle=+0.8,Jumpiness=+0 .9,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.SniperRifle,StrafingAbi lity=+0.9,BotUse=1)
Player=(DefaultName="_Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen_Yates_C lark_Lawson_Zephyr_Lawson_Klink_Xavius_Klink",Mesh=Hellions.Hellion_Gitty,species=xGame.SPECIES _Merc,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.HellionF1_Body,Fa ceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.HellionF1_Head,Sex=Female ,Portrait=BotGenDickyB.4 ,TEXT="Name: _Mason_Presley_Baker_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Faulkner_Z ephyr_Neidermeier_Xavius_Zephyr_Neidermeier_Lawson _Evans_Neidermeier_Zephyr_Faulkner_Olafsen_Yates_C lark_Lawson_Zephyr_Lawson_Klink_Xavius_Klink||Age: ?||Hobbies: Shopping, boat rides, rock and roll, and running over players in my Manta!",Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.9,CombatStyle=+0.5,Jumpiness=+0 .5,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.BioRifle,StrafingAbilit y=+0.7,BotUse=1)

Dicky B
03-27-2004, 03:21 AM
Looks like a namestring not clearing. No big. Anyway, you already have a photo, sorta, of me. BotGenDickyB.7 is me, in UT2k4 skin. Also, about the limit.. I figure it's either artificially capped somewhere, or by RAM. Either way, a million bots is way beyond useless. Which is exactly the point.

Dicky B, this is the botlist that doesn't end, yes it goes on and on my friends..

Dicky B
03-27-2004, 04:03 AM
Fixed the evergrowing name bug and a few other things.

Dicky B, btw, if you just use the random namenator, you can *really* rip out the lists.. Big name lists make it run slower, like a ton.. Compare 60 bots per sec with big list vs 1000+ bots per sec with random namenator only. :eek:

legacy-Cyrin
03-27-2004, 02:36 PM
You might wanna add some names that are in my botlist to the Euro firstnames, most are European anyways (Russian, Italian, Hungarian, French, German, Finnish, etc)

;)

Dicky B
03-28-2004, 04:40 AM
That's the beauty of it, you can add whatever list you want, or to the list. The ones I include are just examples.

Dicky B, so in other words, no need to include them. :)

Dicky B
03-28-2004, 06:14 PM
Note: If you use a BotGen'd list of dudes on your little server (not Instant Action, naturally, that works fine) and GlowBoy, anyone joining will see glow'd forcedefault models on the gen'd bots.

Dicky B, just a little thing I noticed while testing GlowBoy over a LAN.

[edit: That, of course, probably has nothing to do with GlowBoy, didn't look without, so hey.. It's bots anyway, Instant Action stuff]

legacy-Cyrin
03-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Why you talking to yourself, Dicky? :weird:

Dicky B
04-01-2004, 12:06 AM
I'm back, and with more goodies for Dicky B's (that's me) BotGen.

From Cyrin's input, I've added individual stat ranges, and an option to use the default mesh portrait instead of my wonderful ones (damn you!)..

Plus, yes wait, there's more! For the same great price of a one-and-a-half-meg-or-so download, you also get (BotGen internal exclusive, act in the next 10 minutes) the random Japanese-Looking Name Generator for first and/or last name! Woo! Free scrunchy* for the first 5 callers, use Tootie! (or some other nonsense)

Dicky B, and soon, Skaarj (and other alien) logical namenator..

*Scrunchy offer not valid in Federated Space, including Mars, Uranus, Rigel VII (and territorial moons), Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia, Tasmania, New Zealand, Antarctica, North America, South America, or anywhere with electricity and/or indoor plumbing, much like the UT2k4 rebate. :) j/k, there are no scrunchies.

[EDIT: A link to the thing would be nice (http://members.cox.net/jimmykick/DBBotGenUT2k4_R5.zip)]

legacy-Cyrin
04-01-2004, 04:06 PM
Cool stuff for including the jap namegen in it as well as stock portrait option. How about an option for using/not using custom text? Perhaps add more hobbies/activities for both?

Maybe even out of 1 in 10 bots generated, the TEXT input should say "No data available for this combatant" :haha: :up:

Keep up the good work!

Dicky B
04-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Cyrin
Cool stuff for including the jap namegen in it as well as stock portrait option. How about an option for using/not using custom text? Perhaps add more hobbies/activities for both?

Maybe even out of 1 in 10 bots generated, the TEXT input should say "No data available for this combatant" :haha: :up:

Keep up the good work!

Well sheesh, if I take out the random text, then all my fun is gone. :( I was planning to expand the hobbies section, but I haven't gotten to it yet. That was just sort of an experiment. It's set up to take more, all I need to do is fill in some blanks here and there. Besides, if I don't put stuff in the text area, and use the default, you'll get a jillion Jakob and Torch descriptions. How boring, Especially for John_J'lii_R'jiir_Yakomito and Sexus_Robot_Series_A54FJ12.

Dicky B, more hobbies.. but men only have like 3, sports, cars, wimmin. Oh yeah, computers. Gotta have that.

legacy-Cyrin
04-06-2004, 02:43 PM
Alienamator is currently being worked on