PDA

View Full Version : Do you think?

Locust Bait
06-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Do you think that this game should have movie replayability function? Where you unlock a cutscene and it gets stored in a databank so that you can see it over and over again? It would be dissapointing that I unlock a cutscene that has my favorite character, amazing humor, sweet blood, and a bunch of gore and then have to play the entire level again just to see that amazing cut-scene. Or after the game you don't understand something about the Locust, the characters, and/or the Pendulum Wars so you need to review some scenes to get it but to review it you need to beat the level(s).

UC2 had it. Of course it would be best if they did it like for story-critical scenes like Marcus' childhood or the Locust attack.

UnrealWars
06-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Cliffyb did say he wanted the game to have a cinematic experience to it so maybe they might imply it into the game. I wouldnt mind, the cutscenes are some of the great parts of a game and make it very atmospheric.

Shariban
06-08-2006, 10:51 PM
It should be excellente if this option will be available ^^

Locust Bait
06-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Yeah I know, the cutscenes are some of the greatest parts of the game. I hated having to play through Halo 2's regret level to see the master cheif getting chased by 100 covenent ships, run like a cheetah, jump and sink like a brick, then get Gravemind talk about his death and grave right before grabbing him and pulling him lower into the darkness.

I also hated doing the level where the Arbiterlooks for the index to watch the scene where the arbiter, johnson, keyes, and tartarus fight.

Zoso Fan
06-09-2006, 01:47 AM
Do you think that this game should have movie replayability function? Where you unlock a cutscene and it gets stored in a databank so that you can see it over and over again? It would be dissapointing that I unlock a cutscene that has my favorite character, amazing humor, sweet blood, and a bunch of gore and then have to play the entire level again just to see that amazing cut-scene. Or after the game you don't understand something about the Locust, the characters, and/or the Pendulum Wars so you need to review some scenes to get it but to review it you need to beat the level(s).

UC2 had it. Of course it would be best if they did it like for story-critical scenes like Marcus' childhood or the Locust attack.

Dude i hope so! Im gonna be showing this puppy to all the (non-believers) when this baby launches! :)

Locust Bait
06-09-2006, 02:23 AM
Yeah, you can convert some Sony Fan-Boys just with the Graphics. I bet that as soon as someone said that to Microsoft they'd add that content ASAP and to them ASAP would be 3 seconds ago while you were reading that

chron1caust
06-09-2006, 06:30 AM

I think it should store the cutscenes, but most games do.

Koric101
06-09-2006, 08:51 AM
I don't think it would hurt at all, it would definitely be a plus.

VizorX
06-09-2006, 09:29 AM
If it's gonna have cool cutscenes I hope they put that in. So yes I think they will.

seph
06-09-2006, 09:29 AM
Major details > Minor details.

Flaming Hornets
06-09-2006, 11:13 AM
I don't really enjoy cut scenes, as i generally just skip them. Which in turn takes stuff away from the story, so if there was an option for me to re-live, i would be extremely happy.

Rexx Doom
06-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Cutscenes help progress the story, so hell yes that would be great. You can do it in The Outfit. :D

Flaming Hornets
06-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Yeh but The Outfit, isnt exactly a ground breaking game. Its just a second rate version of Call of Duty 2