PDA

View Full Version : HOLY @#$!, I'am scared of ut2004

Smood
11-14-2003, 08:41 PM
Holy ****!

I fired up teh new vehicles trailer, and the music started and I was watching and going looks nice (landscape). Then I saw the guy get in the vehicle, and the BLADES OPEN! HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!

I STOPPED THE VIDEO right there, when the blades opened, shut the video off, and backed away from my computer in sheer terror. I can't believe how incredible that is! I found myself repeatedly saying hoh, hoh, hohly, hoh hoh wtf, hoh.

legacy-MrD.bleh
11-14-2003, 08:45 PM
You're a *** :up:

Smood
11-14-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by MrD.bleh

Why are you insulting me? I'am just commenting on how great it is!?

legacy-BodyC0unt
11-14-2003, 08:51 PM
I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!
I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!

legacy-LeJimster
11-14-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Smood

It's nothing personal, he's just part of that "92%" he's got in his sig.

legacy-fresh27
11-14-2003, 08:53 PM

me too

legacy-TseTse
11-14-2003, 09:03 PM
:up: :up:

http://stg.3dmax.org/temp/Pig.jpg

Smood
11-14-2003, 09:04 PM
The Leviathan is GOD! Holy ****! When I saw it transforming like the SIEGE TANK in starcraft, I was like WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

I understand now, why they are taking so long with it.

legacy-Powerslave666
11-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by BodyC0unt
I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!
I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!I Need the Game! I Need the Game! I Need the Game!

I second that my friend :) :up:

legacy-sneaky_usb
11-14-2003, 09:12 PM

WOW!! :haha:
I wasn't expecting that at all!
I shot a mouthfull of water outta my nose!

/me cleans up teh monitor :bulb:

-=sneak

legacy-poobeard
11-14-2003, 09:19 PM
I think my aroused announcer will like 2k4 :)

Smood
11-14-2003, 09:26 PM
No this video, I'd rather watch it then play most games! Thats how great it is. It is one of the greatest video game footage movies ever.

legacy-Rlyeh Ftaghn
11-14-2003, 09:30 PM
new video???? wich? where? when? WHERE most of all...

legacy-Shakuurn
11-14-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Rlyeh Ftaghn
new video???? wich? where? when? WHERE most of all...

www.unrealops.com

:)

legacy-poobeard
11-14-2003, 09:45 PM
No this video, I'd rather watch it then play most games! Thats how great it is. It is one of the greatest video game footage movies ever.
I agree. I watched it nonstop for about a half hour with a big smirk on my face:D The problem now is whether or not to let CS players in on it:eek: I vote maybe :down::up:

Time for my medication? Ah thanks nurse.

wether (http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/wether)

legacy-If you see kay
11-14-2003, 09:55 PM
UT>2k4:D
it didnt look like fun,it looked like a big vehichle spamfest
everything looked so easily weak armoured with overpowered weapons
It looked like a weak attempt to capture bf1942 players
Im more intrested in dm/ctf and from what i saw in that video,its still 2k3
Now I know ill wait till it hits the bargin bins:down:

legacy-MrD.bleh
11-14-2003, 09:58 PM

Don't take me seriously lol

Originally posted by LeJimster
It's nothing personal, he's just part of that "92%" he's got in his sig.
lolz. For sure.

:|

BTW, I had that avatar way before you did :mad: *

Originally posted by sneaky_usb
WOW!! :haha:
I wasn't expecting that at all!
I shot a mouthfull of water outta my nose!

/me cleans up teh monitor :bulb:

-=sneak
lol :bulb:

legacy-Shakuurn
11-14-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by If you see kay

A lot of these were botmatches, so the gameplay, in my opinion, was different. Oh well, it's your choice and opinion.

legacy-TseTse
11-14-2003, 10:03 PM

fine, then we wont be expecting you to whore this forum anymore if all you are gonna do is ring this one-note-whine for years to come.

gl w/that

legacy-Pathos
11-14-2003, 10:04 PM

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/musik/music-smiley-019.gif

Mr. Brownstone
11-14-2003, 10:12 PM
everything looked so easily weak armoured with overpowered weaponsSounds familiar. *cough* UT *cough*

legacy-tired
11-14-2003, 10:13 PM
Very impressed by what I saw :)

I understand not all games and gameplay within them can please everyone , but I'd swear some people would complain if the game was perfect.........

It's too good , I always own and people chant my name as I leave a server I HATE IT WTF WERE YOU THINKING?

Mark Rein
11-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by TseTse
fine, then we wont be expecting you to whore this forum anymore if all you are gonna do is ring this one-note-whine for years to come.

gl w/that Yeah I agree. I think we've had just about enough of him. Now it's just spamming.

Mark Rein
11-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Don't take me seriously lol

lolz. For sure.

:|

BTW, I had that avatar way before you did :mad: *

lol :bulb: Your sig is flame. Please change it because every message you send is considered a flame with a sig like that.

legacy-yewnuhtee
11-14-2003, 10:34 PM
wl's for mark rein's double post? :p

havent seen him "join" the community as a "normal" poster in a while either

gg mark

sHoKaZuLu
11-14-2003, 10:41 PM
Best gameplay video so far. I must have watched it 10 times myself as well. :up:

legacy-[cWs]-ChiLLuM-
11-14-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Mark Rein
*SniP* GG

Can I come live at your office? Hahaha, at least until you release the new ut ;)..,, I make a good "couch" dude and clean up well. I'll also give good feedback on all your new projects :D :up:

nighty
11-14-2003, 10:42 PM
Looks like fun! :up:

Smood
11-14-2003, 10:43 PM
If you see kay, I dont understand you?

UT2004 looks incredibly unique. The vehicles are all like nothing seen before. BF1942 doesnt compare in my opinion. Neither does HALO.

legacy-TseTse
11-14-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by yewnuhtee
wl's for mark rein's double post? :p

Double Posting - 2 points (empirical issue, let's go to the tape)
Avatar / Signature Abuse - 3 points (i think he was abusing his avatar!)
Trolling - 4 points (yes, i said it!)
Advertising - 5 points (epic employee abusing atari forums to pimp software)
Flaming Warning - 6 points (he flat out tore that guy up)

Total: 20 WL points

legacy-MrD.bleh
11-14-2003, 10:55 PM
Your sig is flame. Please change it because every message you send is considered a flame with a sig like that.
http://www.tournament.com/forums/images/smilies/nag.gif

BTW, nice double post :cool:

legacy-Invalid user ID
11-14-2003, 10:59 PM
I r dancig leik pretty gril.

Y H4ll0 7h4R, Bu7s3kzx?

legacy-If you see kay
11-14-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by TseTse

gl w/that

I think I will
GGS EPIC nice try

:down::sour:

You see im not a blind 2k3 fanboy that drools over silly crap like that video.
I AM A UT'R have been since the demo days.
I play dm/ctf,and 2k4=2k3,so why should I even have the slightest intrest in it?
2k3 is crap,it is my least played game I have EVER bought.

UT and unreal seems to be the only quality groundbreaking material that epic can put out,those days are gone,now they just copy after the hotest thing and hope to lure in ppl from them.
Epic has sold out,they left there core base that made them in the dust to try to attract a lager audience,and are doing it again.
Didnt you learn your lesson the first time epic,oh wait I guess they didnt because they made a ****load of cash off it,what do they care?
Im not gonna buy into it.
I along with the greater % of the whole unreal community really hated 2k3 and epic doesnt even bother listening to us.
Instead they do a expansion pack on a nerfed game and call it UT2K4.
Another clever play on words naming it ut again,they sure will sucker alot off ppl in with that name,too bad it wont be the ppl displeased with 2k3,also it will be released with new badass games that will totally eclipse it and its sells.
Im not a fool,I ****ing hate 2k3,assult and vehicles will not change my outlook on it.

goodbye

Plumb_Drumb
11-14-2003, 11:07 PM

goodbye

bye bye!

have fun partying like it's 1999~!

legacy-NickR
11-14-2003, 11:18 PM
This video is sooooo sweet I just had to comment about it!!!!

As soon as I downloaded it I watched it and I have kept it on repeat ever since. It's actually on now as I write this.

[To EPIC]:
Ok, first things first, the new weapon models: They look much better than the ut2003 ones, better animations, texture quality and with a nice touch of a rough warfare look. This sadly makes the original untouched ut2003 models (flakcannon and rocketlauncher) look out of place. Please if you have time, update these aswell! (Some new textures might be just the ticket)

Anyway, back to the praise, I loved the improved Linkgun plasma effects, they look more like plasma this time which I feel is, er... good and the smoke effects for the rockets look even better now that it sticks around for longer.

Now about the vehicles: Very nice indeed! The explosion effects especially look very dramatic and I'm glad you didn't make the vehicles explode using karma because it would have been slower and not as good an effect I think. The vehicles models look sweet aswell don't fret.

The hud looks top nouch and the sound fx in the video (weapons mainly) sound (hah!) excellent. The maps in the video look amazingly massive and I just can't wait to play the demo and try onslaught out! That's about it... no wait, the Leviathan looks like one big mother f***er. Hmmmmmm! :P

It was ashame you didn't show off any of the Space fighters because I for one really need to see some more videos sequences of them in action (the trailer didn't have enough in). I'm planning a space combat mod especially with that Space assault map in mind.

So things are looking good! In my view it looks to be a Must Have CG (Computer Game, like Must See TV)

legacy-Pathos
11-14-2003, 11:20 PM

I play dm/ctf,and 2k4=2k3,so why should I even have the slightest intrest in it?

We ALL know where you stand, kay.

But talking to you is like talking to a brick wall or a broken record. I guess in 2010 or whatever you'll still be playing UT1 right along side the other people who refuse to adapt and overcome...

legacy-Fuzzlebunny
11-14-2003, 11:23 PM
Gee, Wally! I beleive he's struck with the CS syndrome!

Plumb_Drumb
11-14-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Pathos

But talking to you is like talking to a brick wall or a broken record. I guess in 2010 or whatever you'll still be playing UT1 right along side the other people who refuse to adapt and overcome...

He's just sour because he still can't find the Redeemer in Asbestos.

legacy-Greyhawk
11-14-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb

There's a Redeemer in Asbestos??? :confused:

legacy-If you see kay
11-14-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Pathos

Am i being assimilated?
I will not adapt to a inferior game game,id rather play something else completley before I click on 2k3.
Just like alot of the ppl I know played 2k3 when it came out and came right back to ut,its still a better game,even after all this time.
And yes I will play ut until its completely dead,that games is awsome,it is a part of me.still my favorite game of all time,and its still kicking 2k3 around online also:D
Im sry for flaming I just saw what I thought I would see and freaked out a little.
I like how mark handed me 3 points for my honest opinion,even before I flamed or spammed :down:

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb
deemers are for those with no skill
havent used 1 in 2 years or so:)

Its not cs syndrome,I like ut,its a better game imo,I play what i like

oh yeah I was leaving ,sry ppl :(

Oh and my name in ****

Smood
11-14-2003, 11:50 PM
Am i being assimilated?
I will not adapt to a inferior game game,id rather play something else completley before I click on 2k3.
Just like alot of the ppl I know played 2k3 when it came out and came right back to ut,its still a better game,even after all this time.
And yes I will play ut until its completely dead,that games is awsome,it is a part of me.still my favorite game of all time,and its still kicking 2k3 around online also:D
Im sry for flaming I just saw what I thought I would see and freaked out a little.
I like how mark handed me 3 points for my honest opinion,even before I flamed or spammed :down:

oh yeah I was leaving ,sry ppl :(

Oh and my name in ****

What about the "SUPER HARDCORE unrealers" that would flame you for saying UT was a good game. They think only the original UNREAL was truly good, and UT was just a flashy gimmick. Only the original UNREAL was quality.

What would you say to people like that (and believe me, they exist).

legacy-If you see kay
11-14-2003, 11:54 PM
Im one of them:bulb:
However I played more ut online and there is a much larger community,servers,maps etc.
I still love unreal:up:

legacy-white_nite
11-14-2003, 11:56 PM
I think I will
GGS EPIC nice try

UT and unreal seems to be the only quality groundbreaking material that epic can put out,those days are gone,now they just copy after the hotest thing and hope to lure in ppl from them.
Epic has sold out,they left there core base that made them in the dust to try to attract a lager audience,and are doing it again.
Didnt you learn your lesson the first time epic,oh wait I guess they didnt because they made a ****load of cash off it,what do they care?
I along with the greater % of the whole unreal community really hated 2k3 and epic doesnt even bother listening to us.
Another clever play on words naming it ut again,they sure will sucker alot off ppl in with that name,too bad it wont be the ppl displeased with 2k3,also it will be released with new badass games that will totally eclipse it and its sells.
Im not a fool,I ****ing hate 2k3,assult and vehicles will not change my outlook on it.

goodbye

I'm just getting sick of guys like this. All they want is UT99 all over again. Whats the point in that? Why would Epic (and any other games company for that matter) wanna produce a game with the exact same gameplay etc as a previouse game in their series? When a company makes a game, then it makes another game in the same series they want change, we want change. I honestly think that the only way these guys would be happy is if Epic said, ok we are re-releasing UT99 with better graphics. If you want UT99, then go play UT99 and stop complaining.

legacy-If you see kay
11-15-2003, 12:10 AM
*points @ John Carmack*
he knows if you have something near perfection,to leave it alone.
stop replying im trying to leave:D

Plumb_Drumb
11-15-2003, 12:18 AM
*points @ John Carmack*
he knows if you have something near perfection,to leave it alone.
stop replying im trying to leave:D

sure. right. whatever.

legacy-OzRoy
11-15-2003, 12:22 AM

Did you think that maybe the vehicles were close to destruction already?

I don't know about anyone else here, but a video showing a vehicle on full health being attacked just would be as interesting.

No offense, but you don't exactly come across as a marketing genius.

legacy-Fuzzlebunny
11-15-2003, 12:22 AM
If it's near perfection, give it blades that cut people in half, give it a text-to-speech synthesizer, and give it the leviathan!

If you actually look at the health bar for vehicles, you can see that they have up to 800 hit points.

legacy-Shakuurn
11-15-2003, 01:05 AM
Its not cs syndrome,I like ut,its a better game imo,I play what i like

I feel the same way about Master of Orion. :sour: Oh well, it's all just games, anyways...

... Right? :confused:

-=¤willhaven¤=-
11-15-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by OzRoy
Did you think that maybe the vehicles were close to destruction already?

I don't know about anyone else here, but a video showing a vehicle on full health being attacked just would be as interesting.

No offense, but you don't exactly come across as a marketing genius.

the video is a collection of action shots

the first vehicle kill (first blood against a raptor), notice the raptor was already smoking. :)

vehicles in the video that are already smoking are pretty close to death.

and a tank nailing a manta at point blank range will make it explode.

a hellbender rear turret, fully charged, can also kick some ass. :)

notice how the leviathan keeps taking damage even when flaming and smoking...

it takes a beating and keeps running... wheeeeeeeeeee

legacy-Shakuurn
11-15-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by willhaven

5000 hit points.

legacy-BodyC0unt
11-15-2003, 01:45 AM
Uh...My good friend Horka says this about the video...

Pure

'nuff said'

legacy-Schlave
11-15-2003, 01:46 AM
I do not think that your opinion is WRONG WRONG WRONG, kay, and you aren't an idiot for expressing your opinion, but I have a few bones to pick with what you said.

I hope that does not imply that those who like the the video (many, many people do) are all blind fanboys. I liked the video, and not just because Tye made it. I could care less if Bill Gates made it, so long as it was quality. It was, compared to the other cam-shot videos on right now. Of course, that is not to say that the latter is complete crap, but you'd take ingame rather than cam, right? :D

I do not make a definite statement here, as you know the power of brash words. We all should. :weird:

You're making a fair few generalisations here! There were a lot of people displeased with UT2k3, and I should think that some of the aforementioned optimism returned when they saw UT2004. From what I see, Kronon (the 1st to get bashed on personally by Mark Rein :weird: ) expressed some hope. Now if someone as persistent as him can actually be brightened up some by UT2k4, I don't see why others who were displeased (I for one, too, felt that some of the genuine UT atmosphere was taken away from UT2003) come back too.

I don't know your communications with all the other so-called UT fans. I don't know if they treat you like a big brother and look up to you as people on this board look up to Mark Rein. If they did and they were influenced by your views and for SOME REASON, everybody thought the same way as you, then I have nothing to say about that :p

Also, Mr. Oracle (pardon the weak insult; it's better than saying nothing OR calling you some other censored name, which you don't deserve), you won't know whether other games like Doom 3 and Half Life 2 will completely eclipse UT2004, because UT2004 isn't released yet. Did you go to UU? Have you played through the game personally to find out about its atmosphere? If you didn't, it doesn't mean you're not entitled to your opinion, but it's less reliable as a negative review. :)

In My Opinion (I had to bold this just in case you thought I was laying it down as fact) it's too early to tell, as we can see from the positive reaction from newbies and veterans alike to the recently posted video. Doom 3 and HL2 have killer graphics and the latter has a killer story, but their focus is somewhat different from UT2004's (uh, I'm not very sure about Doom 3, but I think it's not going to be as heavily multiplayer based as UT2004 :confused: ). Not all players like deep storyline-based FPSes like HL2, and confessedly not all players like crazy firefights like UT2004. It's a mixed bag out there, but I'm sure you're aware of that!

Lastly...

Epic took the time to organise a well-structured Unreal University workshop. It seemed well-structured, judging from the orgasmic reviews that some members wrote :D Epic members actually listened carefully without bagels in their ears to players' 1st-hand reviews.

Unless the whole UT community that didn't like UT2k3 lives in Greenland or something, it's hard to say that Epic didn't make an effort to open up to the community.

And the UU build isn't even the final build. UU is In My Opinion not opportunity for a pre-release UT2k4 teaser, but more of a process in which Epic fishes for anything that most gamers do not like. I think that's the reason why they hosted UU a couple of months before the proposed release date, so it would give their programmers time to make a couple of changes.

They can't please everyone, after all.

But anyway, kay, if you hate the game, don't hang around here for much longer spouting fire because you're just going to have to buy several Kevlar vests.

I wonder how many others on this board and on the UT board actually express the same views. If so, do ask them to pop over for a visit. No flames please! :p

P.S. kay, I took the time to structure what I wanted to say. Please don't dismiss it by just flaming me as a fanboy. You are not z0ne_atr0city. ;)

legacy-FireCrack
11-15-2003, 02:05 AM
The Leviathan is GOD! Holy ****! When I saw it transforming like the SIEGE TANK in starcraft, I was like WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

I understand now, why they are taking so long with it.

when i read this i had an orgasm, and i havent evenb seen the vid yet.

OMG must not read, spoilers.

legacy-OzRoy
11-15-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by willhaven

You looked like you were having fun with it.

"Bring it on *****!"

I'll have to bind that after I get the game :)

legacy-^Pr3datoR^
11-15-2003, 03:49 AM
I think I will
GGS EPIC nice try

goodbye

thats the biggest crock of **** i'v heard in a long ass time.
heard about the same thing from old ut'ers
epic doesnt bother listening- are u retarted? **** load of changes have been made, that does bring it back a bit to the ut core.
go whine to some one else, ass.

legacy-shawneboy
11-15-2003, 04:24 AM
If you see kay- You're more than welcome to express your opinions. But not everyone who played/plays UT99 hates 2k3 enough to keep coming to its forum's to bad mouth it. I played UT99 for a long time and UT2K3 was way better imo.

After watching this video I'm just amazed. It looks like so much fun. It's just too bad it's like 3 and a half months before I get to finally play it.

legacy-Powerslave666
11-15-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by shawneboy
If you see kay- You're more than welcome to express your opinions. But not everyone who played/plays UT99 hates 2k3 enough to keep coming to its forum's to bad mouth it. I played UT99 for a long time and UT2K3 was way better imo.

After watching this video I'm just amazed. It looks like so much fun. It's just too bad it's like 3 and a half months before I get to finally play it.

Why do I keep staring at your avatar? :rolleyes:

legacy-Necromancer
11-15-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Schlave

Doom 3 and HL2 have killer graphics and the latter has a killer story, but their focus is somewhat different from UT2004's (uh, I'm not very sure about Doom 3, but I think it's not going to be as heavily multiplayer based as UT2004 :confused: ).

I read that doom III multiplayer is so intense on hardware,that even badass systems have trouble running more than 4 online players right now.
ID didnt really focus any time on it because they know this, but the singleplayer will no doubt be worthy of the DOOM name,they have put quite a great deal of time in it since the ati leak and even that material was amazing.
But Quake 4 on the same DOOM engine will be multiplayer,but by then pc specs will be up quite a bit from where they are today.

Back on topic

The leviathon plasma rifle thing-when it exposes itself does it make it more vunerable?:confused: can it not move in that position?

legacy-Schlave
11-15-2003, 05:26 AM
Which vehicle was that that unfolded like an arclite siege tank and fired an incredible beam that pulled a Monster Kill?

That was awesome.

KriLL3.8™
11-15-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Schlave
Which vehicle was that that unfolded like an arclite siege tank and fired an incredible beam that pulled a Monster Kill?

That was awesome.

the leviathan it can hold quite some amout o' ppl that man it's diff turrets and stuff..

legacy-jamiel1010
11-15-2003, 05:39 AM
Holy ****!

I fired up teh new vehicles trailer, and the music started and I was watching and going looks nice (landscape). Then I saw the guy get in the vehicle, and the BLADES OPEN! HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!

I STOPPED THE VIDEO right there, when the blades opened, shut the video off, and backed away from my computer in sheer terror. I can't believe how incredible that is! I found myself repeatedly saying hoh, hoh, hohly, hoh hoh wtf, hoh.

lmao thats what i did, that ownz!:eek:

Kr4zed
11-15-2003, 07:05 AM
The blades were pretty badass... :cool:

On a side note: W00t! That idiot MrD.bleh was banned and If you see kay is leaving (although I don't believe that much)... :o

To kay: You call a lot of peeps "blind 2k3 fanboys", but you yourself are a "blind UT fanboy".

legacy-Happy_Hamburger
11-15-2003, 07:13 AM
lmao at Mr D's sig
thats funny :)

legacy-cool_dude2k3
11-15-2003, 07:32 AM
i want the game even more now :cry: i'll do this is you dont give me the game epic http://mysmilies.creativesell.net/contrib/edoom/fart.gif

legacy-Kronon
11-15-2003, 07:46 AM
People like Kay gives the whole UT community a bad reputation if you ask me.

While I think a few big changes are missing in TDM and CTF for UT2004, there are a lot of changes that takes UT2004 a step towards UT (minigun upgrade, armor/health handling, weapon switch, etc). There are also a lot of changes thats targeted mostly for the competitive players, like downgrading of shieldgun and weaker bio.

I think UT2004 will be a definite improvement over UT2003 in just about every way. If it will be good enough to become a success is less clear.

The vehicles also seem pretty hardcore, much faster and more interesting compared to the rather dull vehicles in BF1942.

/Kronon

legacy-=ReApEr=[FatZ]
11-15-2003, 08:12 AM
Hell this video rocks :D

Y people gotta be so negative about these things :(

I love the levi, that just rocks all, and the way the vehicles explode is awesome, great job epic, keep up the good work IMO ure on with a winner :D

nighty
11-15-2003, 09:11 AM
I think alot of old timer UTer's like K' are looking for the TDM/CTF quality gameplay that was the trademark of UT. Sorry guys, UT2003 can't even come close to UT when you consider these gametypes, and thats just not my opinion. Look at how many people play UT2003 CTF and TDM in gamespy stats (and then take out the bots). Sad.

I'm hoping CTF will get a facelift from what it was in UT2003. Some killer new maps reminiscient of the awe inspiring atmosphere of Coret, Face, Gauntlet, Hydro16, LavaGiant, November, and Orbital would do alot for people playing CTF again. It would be a shame if it stayed status quo, but the new gametypes of UT2004 look very interesting if nothing else.

legacy-Necromancer
11-15-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by nightstormer
I think alot of old timer UTer's like K' are looking for the TDM/CTF quality gameplay that was the trademark of UT. Sorry guys, UT2003 can't even come close to UT when you consider these gametypes.
True dat
I still get chills when I play low grav IG 155/55 ctf,nothing ive ever played even comes close to how intense it can be.
however bf1942 ctf is pretty damn intense also,but alot slower.
Id like to see bf1942 maps with ut or 2k3 ctf and vehicles-now that would be awsome:up:

on a side note
mr.d got 24 wls,was that all because of his sig?:haha:
and is that a new record?

legacy-Pathos
11-15-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Necromancer
on a side note

Mark told him to change his sig.

D wanted to be a jerk about it instead.

D got 16 new WLs.

End of story.

Kr4zed
11-15-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Necromancer

on a side note

No, it was because he started flaming for no reason and because he was already banned several times. His sig only added to this all.

EDIT: Eh, all right... :)

legacy-X@L3
11-17-2003, 05:52 PM
I admit i aint that much of a fan of ut2k3, but 2k4 has me intrigued.