PDA

View Full Version : Need MapVote400b9 help

legacy-Kev5n24
10-02-2003, 01:08 PM
OK I installed MapVote400b9 (http://www.unrealadmin.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=89) on my ReconGamer server.

I put the MapVote400b9.int, MapVote400b9.u, and MapVoteServer.bat in the \UT2003\System directory.

I pasted all the text below into my UT2003.ini file:
[MapVote400b9.MapVote]
VoteTimeLimit=70
ScoreBoardDelay=10
bAutoOpen=True
MidGameVotePercent=50
MinMapCount=2
RepeatLimit=4
bScoreMode=False
bAccumulationMode=False
bEliminationMode=False
bKickVote=True
KickPercent=51
bRestartWithLastMap=False
bAnonymousKicking=False
MapVoteHistoryType=MapVote400b9.MapVoteHistory1
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Prefix="DM",GameName="DeathMatch",bUseMapList=false,Mutators="",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Prefix="DM",GameName="Team DeathMatch",bUseMapList=false,Mutators="",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDoubleDom",Prefix="DOM",GameName="Double Domination",bUseMapList=false,Mutators="",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",GameName="Capture The Flag",bUseMapList=false,Mutators="",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Prefix="BR",GameName="Bombing Run",bUseMapList=false,Mutators="",Options="")

And I added "ServerPackages=MapVote400b9" to the [Engine.GameEngine] section of my 2003.ini file as well.
Just like the ReadMe said to do. I restarted my server and in the Mutators section in WebAdmin I selected MapVote 4.00 b9 and then clicked Restart Map but it's not working in the game. At the end of games the mapvote isnt coming up...

Can anyone help me out here?

Frogger
10-02-2003, 01:52 PM
have you tried starting server with a .bat?

mine is below...you can get the mapvote sytax there..btw..b11 is out..

@echo off
:10
ucc server DM-TheCampGrounds?game=XGame.XDeathmatch?mutator=Bonu sPack.MutCrateCombo,BonusPack.MutPintSizeCombo,Map Vote400b11.MapVote,SuperBots.MutSuperBots,WaitLimi t.MutWaitLimit,Zound30.Zound,TalkingIcon.MutTalkin gIcon?translocator=true?AdminName=xxx?AdminPasswor d=xxx ini=ut2003.ini log=TypeLogNameHere.log
copy TypeLogNameHere.log sTypeLogNameHerecrash.log
goto 10

legacy-Kev5n24
10-02-2003, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the reply but I have no idea how to use any of what you just pasted there :)
Im totally new to this running a server and just did what the ReadMe said to do.. I figured it'd be like any other mutator you just check it in web admin and it works. What'd you have to do with the .bat now?
Please remember I'm a total noob with this :)

legacy-fu_fu
10-02-2003, 05:15 PM
I thought mapvoteb11 was out.

Mapvote is one of the worst parts of UT2003. I am so disappointed in the UT2003 mods that screw up the online experience. Mapvoteb9 is incompatible with earlier versions, which result in "Incompatible Game Files" message. Unless you exit UT2003 and clear your cache, you can't connect to a mapvoteb9 server.

There are other mods that dump stuff in your cache that are read by a new security mod that is out there, which bans you from a server when it detects a so-called "cheat". Which was really a brightskin mod or something (I haven't figured it out yet).

I recommend mapvoteb11, or none at all. A lot of the mods running for UT2003 are really lousy as far as compatibility/fun online experience is concerned.

legacy-Kev5n24
10-02-2003, 05:19 PM
where can i get 11?

Frogger
10-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Kev5n24
where can i get 11?

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

legacy-Kev5n24
10-02-2003, 06:20 PM
Nevermind that getting it to work problem.. I got it to work (somehow) .. And I went to v 11 too.. but in game the vote menu isnt poping up at the end of the game. It WILL pop up if I hit B but not at the end of game... In WebAdmin I have my Restart Delay set to 30 and the mapvote section of my ini looks like this:

[MapVote400b11.MapVote]
VoteTimeLimit=30
ScoreBoardDelay=3
bAutoOpen=True
MidGameVotePercent=50
MinMapCount=2
RepeatLimit=4
bScoreMode=False
bAccumulationMode=False
bEliminationMode=False
DefaultGameConfig=0
bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True
bKickVote=True
KickPercent=51
bAnonymousKicking=False
MapVoteHistoryType=MapVote400b11.MapVoteHistory1
MapListLoaderType=MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoad er
ServerTravelString=
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF",GameName="Capture The Flag",Mutators="",Options="")

Why isn't the mapvote poping up at the end of the game?

Also I'd like to have it so you can pick the same map more then once in a row and mapvote is not letting me do that no matter what settings I change..

Can anyone tell me how to correct that problem too?

Frogger
10-02-2003, 06:59 PM
Nevermind that getting it to work problem.. I got it to work (somehow) .. And I went to v 11 too.. but in game the vote menu isnt poping up at the end of the game. It WILL pop up if I hit B but not at the end of game... In WebAdmin I have my Restart Delay set to 30 and the mapvote section of my ini looks like this:

[MapVote400b11.MapVote]
VoteTimeLimit=30
ScoreBoardDelay=3
bAutoOpen=True
MidGameVotePercent=50
MinMapCount=2
RepeatLimit=4 <----- change to 0 to allow same map over and over
bScoreMode=False
bAccumulationMode=False
bEliminationMode=False
DefaultGameConfig=0
bKickVote=True
KickPercent=51
bAnonymousKicking=False
ServerTravelString=
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF",GameName="Capture The Flag",Mutators="",Options="")

Why isn't the mapvote poping up at the end of the game?

Also I'd like to have it so you can pick the same map more then once in a row and mapvote is not letting me do that no matter what settings I change..

Can anyone tell me how to correct that problem too?

legacy-Kev5n24
10-02-2003, 07:52 PM
ok thanks that worked but why isnt mapvote opening at the end of the game? Could it have something to do with the time set till the next map switches or something??? (Restart Delay )

Frogger
10-02-2003, 08:33 PM
ok thanks that worked but why isnt mapvote opening at the end of the game? Could it have something to do with the time set till the next map switches or something??? (Restart Delay )

here is mine... maybe try setting ScoreBoardDelay higher..

[MapVote400b11.MapVote]
VoteTimeLimit=70
ScoreBoardDelay=10
bAutoOpen=True
MidGameVotePercent=40
MinMapCount=2
RepeatLimit=0
bScoreMode=False
bAccumulationMode=False
bEliminationMode=False
DefaultGameConfig=0
bKickVote=True
KickPercent=51
bAnonymousKicking=False
ServerTravelString=
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Prefix="DM",Acronym="DM",GameName="DeathMatch",Mutators="",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Prefix="DM",Acronym="TDM",GameName="Team DeathMatch",Mutators="",Options="")

[MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader]
bUseMapList=False
MapNamePrefixes=DM,CTF,DOM,BR
MapListTypeList=XInterface.MapListDeathMatch
MapListTypeList=XInterface.MapListBombingRun

legacy-Kev5n24
10-02-2003, 11:38 PM
Tried your mapvote ini entry and still no luck.. it STILL wont open mapvote at the end of the game...
bAutoOpen is set to True too I dont get it.. Thats what is supose to make it do it..
What other setting could be messing it up?

Frogger
10-02-2003, 11:52 PM
Tried your mapvote ini entry and still no luck.. it STILL wont open mapvote at the end of the game...
bAutoOpen is set to True too I dont get it.. Thats what is supose to make it do it..
What other setting could be messing it up?

dunno...do you maybe have UTvote also installed? only thing i can think of...

legacy-Kev5n24
10-02-2003, 11:54 PM
no

Frogger
10-02-2003, 11:58 PM
no

then ask BDB Here (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=32)

legacy-⻰Shft
10-03-2003, 02:32 AM
send the .bat to recon they had to do that for ours,... plus we set it up so that it resets the game how we want it instead of the default,when it is restarted of course/also if you want the stats enabled recon needs to know that to

btw there support is free and is very helpful :D