PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy a decent headset?

legacy-Cythes
10-01-2003, 12:32 PM
Hey guys, just a question. I need a quality headset for use in UT2k3/4, and I don't know which company sells the ones that don't break after three minutes out of the box. Its ironic really. I introduced teamspeak to my clan (thanks to the help of you guys) and they love it. But I can't use it because I don't have any sort of microphone. *Pulls hair out*:bulb:
What headset would you recommend and where can I get it?

Maybe UT2k4 will come with a headset. :rolleyes: Nah I'm only kidding myself.:(

legacy-Warboss
10-01-2003, 01:05 PM
http://www.logitech.com/

:)

legacy-KaiRaene
10-01-2003, 04:25 PM
I use Plantronics. Great sound. :)

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/index_flash.jhtml

legacy-|dilusion|sc|
10-01-2003, 05:11 PM
Plantronics Audio 90 is really good. Maybe a bit expensive for a headset, but u wont miss ur hyper-dyper boxes with this one really :)

legacy-RetodonIIX
10-01-2003, 06:30 PM
I'm waiting to see if the DVD release of UT2004 has a headset packed, and what kind of headset it is.
If it's something good, I'll use it.

If it's not, I'd be unhappy since I'd buy the DVD anyway just because of the DVD format itself.
Also I'd buy a .Audio 90 from Plantronics, as I've been planning to for quite a while now.

(Plantronics recoloured their best USB headset to match the Counter-Strike theme... and sell more of those, I guess.
Blue and yellow... not in anything CS I know of, but whatever.
Maybe Epic stroke a similar deal?)

legacy-[H]DaVisionz
10-01-2003, 08:06 PM
hahahah... i read this thread title and thought it said "Where can I buy a decent headshot".... then I looked at the name and thought " Hey, I have given him at least one or two...."

legacy-zenmaster86
10-01-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by KaiRaene
I use Plantronics. Great sound. :)

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/index_flash.jhtml

legacy-RetodonIIX
10-01-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by zenmaster86

You forgot to post something... and now my quote is empty.

legacy-Cythes
10-01-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by [H]DaVisionz
hahahah... i read this thread title and thought it said "Where can I buy a decent headshot".... then I looked at the name and thought " Hey, I have given him at least one or two...."
lol :haha: :haha: :up: I could certainly use a few more of those.

I am going to get a serious headset because my speakers suck and I don't want to buy new ones. So thanks alot guys. This is great. :D :up:

Plumb_Drumb
10-02-2003, 06:52 AM
Get the Bose Quiet Comfort 2.

Very expensive, but worth it x10.
I just bought a pair a couple weeks ago.

The Bose Triports are excellent too (Bose doesn't make crap, thier low end is often better than other brand's high end).
They are about half the price of the Quiet Comfort2, but destroy any similar priced Sony or Logitech headset.

Bose sound quality is unmatched; it's very accurate.

legacy-Invalid user ID
10-02-2003, 07:37 AM
No wonder bose low end products are so much better, they cost 5x as much :down:

Plumb_Drumb
10-02-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Invalid user ID
No wonder bose low end products are so much better, they cost 5x as much :down:

Well, the Bose Triports are $150.
I actually returned them so I could try the $150 pair of Sony's (sitting right next to them), and the Sony's sounded like complete crap.
I think thats saying something about "bang for buck".

I returned the Sonys and used the money for the Bose Quiet Comfort2's ($300), and they are the best headset I've ever tried.

Expensive? yes, but what do you expect for quality?

legacy-MadJackMcJock
10-05-2003, 12:53 AM
A question about these headset/mic combos:

When you plug 'em in to use the mic does the sound ALWAYS come out through the earphones?? ie. Can I use my normal desktop speakers with the mic on these things or does it always force you to use the earphones?

legacy-I3lackCoffee
10-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Cythes
Hey guys, just a question. I need a quality headset for use in UT2k3/4, and I don't know which company sells the ones that don't break after three minutes out of the box. Its ironic really. I introduced teamspeak to my clan (thanks to the help of you guys) and they love it. But I can't use it because I don't have any sort of microphone. *Pulls hair out*:bulb:
What headset would you recommend and where can I get it?

Maybe UT2k4 will come with a headset. :rolleyes: Nah I'm only kidding myself.:(

www.newegg.com