PDA

View Full Version : 2k4 Instagib..

legacy-|IB|Chrome
09-29-2003, 04:57 PM
I have read the wonderful nw reviews for 2k4 and wonder though is there anyone that has played the instagib side of 2k4? And if so what changes have taken place?

legacy-CH405
09-29-2003, 04:58 PM
This is still to be commented upon. But from what I have gathered, the vehicles will probably not blow up in one shot. Oh and also LOW G will not affect vehicles.

legacy-|IB|Chrome
09-29-2003, 05:04 PM
Ya I heard those comments as well but I was interested to hear of weapon changes, weapon sounds, beam looks?

Grim
09-29-2003, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I hope they put some effort into Instagib. On Clanbase iCTF is the biggest gametype at the moment and that should tell you something :)

legacy-Morba
09-29-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Grimmen
Yeah, I hope they put some effort into Instagib. On Clanbase iCTF is the biggest gametype at the moment and that should tell you something :)

id prefer them to put no effort into insta tbh.
the gametype is fine as it is, just needs some decent maps ;>

legacy-Mort_Q
09-29-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Morba
id prefer them to put no effort into insta tbh.
the gametype is fine as it is, just needs some decent maps ;>

The point is that it is a mutator, not a gametype.

They want to make sure that the mutator works with the other gametypes in a way that is fun for the insta-players.

legacy-SoSilencer
09-29-2003, 06:32 PM
All you guys really need is Laser Instagib...

http://unrealdev.net/?page=html/portfolio/lig/screenshots.html
http://unrealdev.net/?page=html/portfolio/lig/downloads.html

legacy-Powerslave666
09-29-2003, 06:50 PM
I'm gonna be able to check UT2004 out this wednesday and I'll see if I can play some IG ONS to clear up these questions :D

legacy-*Holy_Surfing*
09-29-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Powerslave666
I'm gonna be able to check UT2004 out this wednesday and I'll see if I can play some IG ONS to clear up these questions :D

:O take photos/film it !!! We screenie/video whores will thank you :)

legacy-Mort_Q
09-29-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Powerslave666

Case in point... if you repair vehicles and charge nodes with the link gun, how does it work with IG?

legacy-Zombie|
09-29-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by SoSilencer
All you guys really need is Laser Instagib...

http://unrealdev.net/?page=html/portfolio/lig/screenshots.html
http://unrealdev.net/?page=html/portfolio/lig/downloads.html ick. ill take my regular instagib thank you.

legacy-SealClubber
09-29-2003, 09:46 PM
I know my idea is still here for all to see!

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=300927&highlight=improved+instagib

:cool: :up:

legacy-Powerslave666
09-29-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Mort_Q
Case in point... if you repair vehicles and charge nodes with the link gun, how does it work with IG?

Good point, I never thought about that :confused: . If I can't play IG ONS, I'll be sure to ask Logan or Buzz about it. :p

legacy-Magick
09-30-2003, 02:44 AM
IG would prob not work well with onslaught then. no repair weaps but thats what you get for playing with one weap ;)

Grim
09-30-2003, 04:10 AM

They want to make sure that the mutator works with the other gametypes in a way that is fun for the insta-players.

Point is that insta is far more popular than NW atm and sure maybe it is a mutator but maybe its time to start considering it as a gametype.

legacy-Morba
09-30-2003, 05:29 AM
Point is that insta is far more popular than NW atm and sure maybe it is a mutator but maybe its time to start considering it as a gametype.

indeed, it needs different types of maps and stuff.

legacy-Devastation 8
09-30-2003, 09:34 AM
Heh, BF1942 InstaGib :X.

legacy-Mort_Q
09-30-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Morba
indeed, it needs different types of maps and stuff.

How so !?

Something that takes into account that it is purely hitscan? Or do you mean something else?

legacy-Morba
09-30-2003, 11:16 AM
How so !?

Something that takes into account that it is purely hitscan? Or do you mean something else?

the maps tend to be made primarily for NW, and this can be seen by weapon and powerup placement.

But yes things like being hitscan only makes a major difference.

Still, me being a mapper i dont know what i would do to make a map better for insta.

legacy-YAWA YLF
09-30-2003, 11:29 AM
i vote for making insta a gametype too

an insta game is soooo different from a nw game
much faster

maps are made for nw
and it doesnt occur too much that a nw map plays also nice for insta

but i cant explain WHAT an insta map is/makes
i think something like a small map with plenty corners and some dangerspots (flagbase should be an dangerspot for attackers imo)
it has to play fast
and i dont like walking the marathon (so not large maps because you can be dead like *this* and you have to walk again

legacy-GIdenJoe
09-30-2003, 11:35 AM
Insta gametype maplist

Inst-andAction
Inst-Tutorialv23243243123xxxxx
Inst-FME
Inst-Giantlameroomwithsmallguys
Inst-Gauntlet
Inst-Pinklet
Inst-Drunklet
Inst-Somethingthatendsinlet

Just having some fun ;)

Why should you consider instagib to be a gametype?
Instagib is the thing that modifies an existing gametype. It's not a real gametype on its own.

legacy-YAWA YLF
09-30-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by GIdenJoe
Insta gametype maplist

Inst-andAction
Inst-Tutorialv23243243123xxxxx
Inst-FME
Inst-Giantlameroomwithsmallguys
Inst-Gauntlet
Inst-Pinklet
Inst-Drunklet
Inst-Somethingthatendsinlet

Just having some fun ;)

Why should you consider instagib to be a gametype?
Instagib is the thing that modifies an existing gametype. It's not a real gametype on its own.

if humans were born with 2 noses you would think that that was normal too

why dont change it?
insta as main game and nw as the mutator
sounds unlogical but its just what u are used to

legacy-Mort_Q
09-30-2003, 11:39 AM
The only thing I can think of that would make a difference in IG vs NW on maps, is that there are places in a map you just wouldn't go in IG where in NW there is a pick-up to get.

So IG would have a different flow... no Flak at a dead-end, not as many wide open areas for "sniping."

I really don't find IG as much fun... probably because NW is more forgiving with a high ping.

Grim
09-30-2003, 12:59 PM
insta is far more than just hitscan

legacy-GIdenJoe
09-30-2003, 01:41 PM
Insta as the main game? You gotta be joking right. Insta takes away alot of the game instead of adding anything.

And exactly what has instagib more than hitscan?

legacy-7eVeN=SwE=
09-30-2003, 02:14 PM
The last couple of months i've started with NW on the Epic server, or sometimes NW CTF... its damn hard and spammy as hell ( for a pure instagibber ) I mean i really would like to play Onslaught, but i dont think its going to be fun to play iOnslaught or something, would it even be possible? Like do we need to hit the raptor 10 times with a beam to bring it down? 20 for the Mighty levethian? etc.... I suggest to the other Gibbers try some NW if u are going to be interested in Onslaught, altough i think some Assault maps without vehicles would be playable for the Insta community... The shockrfile looks allready dissapointing to me, so i think i have to stay with UT1 & UT2k3 for Instagib, but for how long will UT2k3 excist after the ownage of UT2k4? Well lets wait and see what Epic will bring...

legacy-MechaFubs
09-30-2003, 02:49 PM
The best thing they could do to the instagib gametype... would be to remove it.

legacy-7eVeN=SwE=
09-30-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by MechaFubs

Jeeeeeez..... Everyone got his own favo mod mmmmkay? aNd i dont think u have any idea how big the Insta communtiy is at the moment... count UT1 & UT2k3 together.... just dont comment then!! or lower yourself to the beginners forum :bulb: :down:

legacy-Mort_Q
09-30-2003, 02:53 PM
insta is far more than just hitscan

How so !? It is a hit scan weapon... what else is there?

Please 'splain.

I'm not dissing IG, just want to know what differences are relevant that would impact map design.

legacy-intention
09-30-2003, 03:09 PM
ig has a larger following than nw, but i like both myself:)

legacy--=SmileY=-
09-30-2003, 03:26 PM

Just dont forget that instagib is twice as populair as NW :)

Originally posted by MechaFubs

Yeah I'm sure that will make more people buy UT2k4! ;)

some maps are better suited for IG then NW.. thats why the question for better IG maps comes up... Where the hitscan weapons are in NW are usually types of places good for IG.. maybe they should make a map that has "hitscan-only" but its too late to come with that now...

IG does bring some tactics you dont have in NW tho :) the way you would move around the map is very different, the way you move is different in general.. and some more stuff I would mention if I wouldnt be so tired

legacy-Mort_Q
09-30-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by -=SmileY=-
Just dont forget that instagib is twice as populair as NW :)

Which is precisely why Epic is taking the time to make sure the new gametypes work with IG...

... your preaching to the choir. I understand. I just don't play IG, so I want to know what exactly needs to be different in a iDM map versus a DM map... an iCTF map versus a CTF map... etc. etc. ad nauseum.

Which is more popular online is irrelevant to the discussion.

legacy--=SmileY=-
09-30-2003, 03:35 PM
I was responding to your first post in this thread, I didnt got to read the rest yet :p

legacy-7eVeN=SwE=
09-30-2003, 05:33 PM
Which is precisely why Epic is taking the time to make sure the new gametypes work with IG...

... your preaching to the choir. I understand. I just don't play IG, so I want to know what exactly needs to be different in a iDM map versus a DM map... an iCTF map versus a CTF map... etc. etc. ad nauseum.

Which is more popular online is irrelevant to the discussion.

Your making nice comments, and somehow your still on my ignore list...that happend automaticly? lets change that ;)

legacy-Shogun6996
09-30-2003, 07:33 PM
I hope Instagib and onslaught can be played together. Ive played instagib for years (only played weapons when i frist started) and I love it. There could still be the repair weapons in onslaught but just have the ig gun as the primary weapon. I dont know if you can see the person driving the vehicle like you could in halo but if you can then it would be cool to shoot someone down in a plane with one shot to the head. Maybe you could make it where the ig gun take 5 hits or however many shots to destroy a vehicle or perhaps the ig gun cant destroy a vehicle and you have to hit the person driving it.

I only played assault occasionally in ut1. To me its CTF all the time. Sometimes I play TDM but CTF is what keeps me playing this game. I just hope the maps are of a higher quality than they were in 2k3.

legacy-SealClubber
09-30-2003, 10:23 PM
- Instagib isnt as popular as normal weapons

legacy-Shogun6996
09-30-2003, 11:12 PM
sup seal:D

Grim
10-01-2003, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by SealClubber
- Instagib isnt as popular as normal weapons

You wish ;)