PDA

View Full Version : Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file



legacy-Chruser
09-13-2003, 04:30 AM
Here's the full error message, and it started to appear after I patched the game to v2225:

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1403 MHz with 255MB RAM
Video: No Video

Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine

I tried to look it up on Google with absolutely no luck, so any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

legacy-Chruser
09-13-2003, 04:40 AM
Log: Log file open, 09/13/03 10:22:39
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
Init: Version: 2225 (121.29)
Init: Compiled: Apr 16 2003 22:59:27
Init: Command line:
Init: Base directory: D:\Spel\UT2003\System\
Init: Character set: Unicode
Localization: No localization: Udebugger.General.Abbreviation (int)
Init: Build label: <?int?Udebugger.General.Abbreviation?> Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]
Log: Bound to Window.dll
Log: Bound to Core.dll
Log: Bound to Engine.dll
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Init: Computer: ZELARON
Init: User: Chruser
Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=1
Init: CPU Detected: PentiumPro-class processor (AuthenticAMD)
Init: CPU Features: CMov FPU RDTSC PAE MMX SSE
Init: CPU Speed=1400.856125 MHz
Init: Memory total: Phys=261616K Pagef=2075468K Virt=2097024K
Init: Working set: 32000 / 159000
Init: UnrealScript Debugger Core Initialized.
Warning: Failed to load 'Class None.ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine': Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file
Warning: Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file
Critical: Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file
Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: UObject::SafeLoadError
Critical: UObject::StaticLoadClass
Critical: InitEngine
Localization: No localization: Window.IDDIALOG_CrashBox.IDC_CrashBox (int)
Exit: Exiting.
Log: Waiting for file streaming thread to finish...
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 09/13/03 10:22:53

T@F
09-13-2003, 05:36 AM
The settings well be in your ut2003,ini.

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=32
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerPackages=Core
ServerPackages=Engine
ServerPackages=Fire
ServerPackages=Editor
ServerPackages=IpDrv
ServerPackages=UWeb
ServerPackages=GamePlay
ServerPackages=UnrealGame
ServerPackages=XEffects
ServerPackages=XPickups
ServerPackages=XGame
ServerPackages=XWeapons
ServerPackages=XInterface
ServerPackages=Vehicles
ServerPackages=TeamSymbols_UT2003
MainMenuClass=XInterface.UT2MainMenu
ConnectingMenuClass=XInterface.MenuConnecting
DisconnectMenuClass=XInterface.UT2NetworkStatusMsg
UseStaticMeshBatching=True
ServerPackages=UTClassic
ServerPackages=BonusPack
ServerPackages=SkaarjPack
ServerPackages=SkaarjPack_rc

thats just an example.

[edit] btw try deleteing your ut2003.ini see if that fixes your probs.
dont worry it will make a new one.

legacy-Chruser
09-13-2003, 05:46 AM
Deleting it, nor trying to use those lines to see if it would generate a different error worked. However, using the pre-patch UT2003.ini seems to make the game run at least, so I'm sure the error is somwhere in my .ini file.

Anyway, here's my UT2003.ini file generated after deleting it and trying to run the game:

[XInterface.MapListDeathMatch]
Maps=DM-Antalus

[XInterface.MapListTeamDeathMatch]
Maps=DM-Antalus

[XInterface.MapListCaptureTheFlag]
Maps=CTF-Chrome

[XInterface.MapListDoubleDomination]
Maps=DOM-SunTemple

[XInterface.MapListBombingRun]
Maps=BR-Anubis

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
LogPortUnreach=False
ConnectionTimeout=180.0
MaxClientRate=10000.0
MaxInternetClientRate=7000.0
MaxConnPerIPPerMinute=5
LogMaxConnPerIPPerMin=False

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
AvoidHitches=False
OverrideDesktopRefreshRate=False
DetailTextures=False
UseTrilinear=False
HighDetailActors=False
SuperHighDetailActors=False
Use16bit=True

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
VARSize=32
ReduceMouseLag=False

[Engine.LevelInfo]
bCapFramerate=true

[xInterface.ExtendedConsole]
bSpeechMenuUseMouseWheel=True
bSpeechMenuUseLetters=False
SMOriginX=0.01
SMOriginY=0.3
LetterKeys[0]=IK_Q
LetterKeys[1]=IK_W
LetterKeys[2]=IK_E
LetterKeys[3]=IK_R
LetterKeys[4]=IK_A
LetterKeys[5]=IK_S
LetterKeys[6]=IK_D
LetterKeys[7]=IK_F
LetterKeys[8]=IK_Z
LetterKeys[9]=IK_X

[xInterface.IRC_System]
ServerHistory=irc.utchat.com

[xInterface.IRC_Page]
MaxChatScrollback=250
IRCTextColor=(R=160,G=160,B=160,A=0)
IRCNickColor=(R=150,G=150,B=255,A=0)
IRCActionColor=(R=230,G=200,B=0,A=0)
IRCInfoColor=(R=130,G=130,B=160,A=0)
IRCLinkColor=(R=255,G=150,B=150,A=0)

[Engine.DemoRecDriver]
DemoSpectatorClass=UnrealGame.DemoRecSpectator
NetServerMaxTickRate=30
LanServerMaxTickRate=30

[Engine.AccessControl]
bBanByID=True

[Engine.GameInfo]
GameStatsClass=IpDrv.MasterServerGameStats
SecurityClass=UnrealGame.UnrealSecurity

[XInterface.ServerBrowser]
MinGamespeed=0
MaxGamespeed=200

[UnrealGame.UnrealMPGameInfo]
bPreloadAllSkins=false

[Xinterface.Tab_AudioSettings]
BonusPackInfo[0]=(PackageName="AnnouncerMain.uax",Description="Default")

[BonusPack.xLastManStandingGame]
DefaultMaxLives=3

[Skaarjpack.Invasion]
DefaultMaxLives=1

[Engine.GameEngine]
ServerPackages=UTClassic

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
TextureDetailInterface=Normal
TextureDetailTerrain=Lower
TextureDetailWeaponSkin=Lower
TextureDetailPlayerSkin=Low
TextureDetailWorld=Low
TextureDetailRenderMap=Lower
TextureDetailLightmap=Lower
DecoLayers=False

[FirstRun]
FirstRun=2225