PDA

View Full Version : help using TL

legacy-G0D
08-30-2003, 01:23 AM
hi i was wondering if someone could exp.lain how I can use the translocator faster?

i ve seen some BR/CTF players that can get to the enemy base/ball in a matter of a few seconds...ive been practincing but always end up where the action is a few seconds too late : /

ty,

~g0d

legacy-Grim Reaper
08-30-2003, 10:30 AM
hey,
Do you mean switch to it faster which in turn means using it faster, if so then you should bind a key to the tl so you can switch between it and other guns, I personally have the tl bound to my ctrl key on the left of the space bar (but youcan choose a key that feels most comfortable to you), this way I can fire a gun, switch to the tl, translocate and then switch back to my previous weapon, with minimal effort! :)

You can also try aiming it at a different angle when firing it, I find that I get the maximum distance when I aim about 40 degrees in the air and fire. Try waiting for a few seconds longer after you have fired the tl transporter, (excuse the n00b language can't remember what its called:p ) so it will travel a further distance.

Grim :)

legacy-Cannibal
08-30-2003, 10:32 AM
I'm not 100% sure on this but I think it has something to do with ping, people with lower pings will connect to the map/game faster, and get into action faster then people with high pings. Or maybe they just the maps really well and have a planned route, I know I have them on alot of CTF maps:rolleyes: , gets me to the flag alot faster but due to my ping I end up a bit late anyway:sour:

legacy-Mr Wright
08-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Also you can dodge forward and fire it with just a touch more speed. In the five shots you have this may help to get you there faster. Oh and not waiting for it to hit the ground will only take you part way to were the beacon is in the air.

legacy-G0D
08-30-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal
I'm not 100% sure on this but I think it has something to do with ping, people with lower pings will connect to the map/game faster, and get into action faster then people with high pings. Or maybe they just the maps really well and have a planned route, I know I have them on alot of CTF maps:rolleyes: , gets me to the flag alot faster but due to my ping I end up a bit late anyway:sour:

i think youre rogjt w/ this theory man.

ill try tweaking the angle at which I fire the trans and forward dodging...ty for the tips guys :up:

~g0d

legacy-Cannibal
08-31-2003, 02:54 AM
No probs, hope they help you get there a bit faster.

Happy 0wning