PDA

View Full Version : Racism in Unreal Tournament 2003??



legacy-Kabhal
08-24-2003, 05:12 AM
This game called me a BLACK monkey? What is up with that?? :confused: Being of african-american descent, I couldn't believe it!! I can't believe a company like Epic would support racism. I demand a refund!! :mad:

legacy-Elfwood
08-24-2003, 05:25 AM
Was you too scared to post this in General Discussion? :D

I feel you're pain, dude. :cry:

legacy-FireCrack
08-24-2003, 05:45 AM
lmfao

legacy-NeB
08-24-2003, 08:43 AM
hahahaa....its FLAK monkey....when you kill enough people with a flak cannon
http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/contrib/ut2/redcap.gif http://www.freeadpower.org/~mrsmiles/contrib/ut1/mgwhore.gif

legacy-_ut=n00b_
08-24-2003, 10:42 AM
yea, he's been around long enough to know that.;)
He was just kidding:cool:

legacy-Mujoo
08-25-2003, 08:06 AM
Chill out Bro. Its said "Flak Monkey" not "Black Monkey". Me and a friend were just talking about this the other day. This is is one for www.kissthisguy.com. So you must really suck if you're being called a "Flak Monkey":p BTW, I'm aa as well. As far as I can see, the only color this game is about is red-the color of your entrails and meaty body piceces as they explode from a Flak Burst and green-the money they must be making hand over fist with this game
-Mujoo
p.s. but why in pool is it the white ball hittin the "colored"balls

legacy-»Dan«[ger]
08-25-2003, 09:02 AM
This game called me a BLACK monkey? What is up with that?? Being of african-american descent, I couldn't believe it!! I can't believe a company like Epic would support racism. I demand a refund!!


Relax, if you fail to wall dodge 5 times in a row the announcer says "White men can´t jump!" ;)

legacy-Edepsiz
08-25-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Nickless
Relax, if you fail to wall dodge 5 times in a row the announcer says "White men can´t jump!" ;)

:haha: :haha: :haha: but my character is a robot...is there racism among robots, too? :confused:

legacy-RampantBunny
08-26-2003, 10:55 AM
I wub "Flack Monkey" especially with the aroused voice :D


*goes and tapes down his fire button*

legacy-LKS_Bunnette
08-26-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by RampantBunny
I wub "Flack Monkey" especially with the aroused voice :D


*goes and tapes down his fire button*

HMMMMM :weird: *Thinks - this guy needs to get a life ;)


Spare a thought for us Girlie players then - when the announcer gripes "You play like a girl"...what does that mean???????? :eek:

legacy-Ragnarion
08-26-2003, 12:21 PM
http://www.classicart.biz/733t/Pics/gen22.jpg

legacy-»Dan«[ger]
08-26-2003, 01:27 PM
^^ spoil-sport :)

legacy-Early_bath
08-27-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by LKS_Bunnette
Spare a thought for us Girlie players then - when the announcer gripes "You play like a girl"...what does that mean???????? :eek:

I'd have thought that was obvious :p

legacy-Cannibal
08-28-2003, 04:59 AM
OK people, Its only a game. If you don't like whats being said then switch off the sound. Have some fun, don't take everything seriously. If Epic didn't add any "slander" to UT2K3, the announcer would be saying "..Well done" Nothing exicting of differant.:P

legacy-LKS_DarkReaper
08-28-2003, 07:31 AM
Hmm cannibel i think they where joking mate

legacy-_ut=n00b_
08-28-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal
OK people, Its only a game. If you don't like whats being said then switch off the sound. Have some fun, don't take everything seriously. If Epic didn't add any "slander" to UT2K3, the announcer would be saying "..Well done" Nothing exicting of differant.:P
:haha: sorry to make you feel stupid cannibel, but that guy has been around for a very long time and he was just making fun of noobs that always ask that question. It was a joke man ;)

legacy-Cythes
08-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Hehe:haha: :haha: :up: Nice one.

legacy-KuyaMyco1
08-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Kabhal
This game called me a BLACK monkey? What is up with that?? :confused: Being of african-american descent, I couldn't believe it!! I can't believe a company like Epic would support racism. I demand a refund!! :mad:

g1 :eek:

legacy-TriX R 4 KidS
08-28-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Nickless
Relax, if you fail to wall dodge 5 times in a row the announcer says "White men can´t jump!" ;)

LMAO

btw, n1 kabhal ;)

legacy-Matrix=V=
08-28-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by LKS_Bunnette
HMMMMM :weird: *Thinks - this guy needs to get a life ;)


Spare a thought for us Girlie players then - when the announcer gripes "You play like a girl"...what does that mean???????? :eek:

y do u think they have a girl gamer section in almost every tourney? cause most* play like my lil sister :haha: :haha:

legacy-Cannibal
08-29-2003, 02:31 AM
Looks as if I just got 0wned . I see now. I did some reading of older posts on this forum and others, and it turns out that question/comment comes about a fair bit :p Same with the "You play like a girl" one, most being serious. People need to relax ;)

legacy-LKS_Bunnette
08-29-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Matrix=V=
y do u think they have a girl gamer section in almost every tourney? cause most* play like my lil sister :haha: :haha:


LMAO - OUCH :weird:

legacy-AlTeCk LaNsInG
09-04-2003, 06:39 PM
Flak monkey, not black monkey.

legacy-_ut=n00b_
09-04-2003, 06:52 PM
good job reading the thread before replying...:rolleyes:

legacy-HS SPoT
09-05-2003, 07:36 AM
And just think, a simple search would have saved all this flaming..

legacy-Resurgence
09-05-2003, 11:57 AM
There is probably a lot of racism on the ut2003 online. I have experience an instance of it my self. I was attempting to log into a server when they declined and banned my ip because I had Malcolm as a selectable playable on my computer. The server is www.mk2.-clan.de-server1.open, or 217.172.189.14on team death match I will invite anyone else to go to upaint and upload Malcolm and go to this web site. I will be waiting as your faces drop from confusion.

legacy-_ut=n00b_
09-05-2003, 04:45 PM
that is racism how???

legacy-Resurgence
09-05-2003, 05:13 PM
So, you are as ignorant as your reply. Why should I be banned from a site just because I am using, or have in my character selection menu a black character. I was not using him at the time, and if that made a difference. What is wrong with malcolm. I have come to a conclusion. You are right, and terrorist, domestic and foreign, are harmless. I guess that you are too stupid do profound thinking. The minute some exclude your butt. Then, you will be flamming man. I see you lack mentat capability. I should not have replied to your lack of attention to minute detail.

legacy-stoker6
09-05-2003, 06:00 PM
gah

legacy-_ut=n00b_
09-05-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Resurgence
So, you are as ignorant as your reply. Why should I be banned from a site just because I am using, or have in my character selection menu a black character. I was not using him at the time, and if that made a difference. What is wrong with malcolm. I have come to a conclusion. You are right, and terrorist, domestic and foreign, are harmless. I guess that you are too stupid do profound thinking. The minute some exclude your butt. Then, you will be flamming man. I see you lack mentat capability. I should not have replied to your lack of attention to minute detail.
i am sorry, i did not see it that way at all, and i think it is ridiculous that you think that is why they banned you. If you are right, then i agree with you 100%; there is no way they should be doing that. But there are crazy white supremacists here, and sadly enough, if they took to gaming, they could do something like that. But dont you think it is much more likely that there was just some kind of bug related to the fact that malcolm is not one of the regular characters: that you have to unlock him by beating the single player game. So they might have thought you had some kind of illegitamate file on your comp, for cheating or whatever, i dont know. But i am sorry for my "flame." It did not cross my mind at all that people would do something as stupid as that. I should have thought more before replying.:)

legacy-Resurgence
09-08-2003, 09:55 PM
I apologize to you, _ut=n00b_! That is probably what it was. I did not know you had to beat the single players' game to acquire him.

Well, I am looking forward to playing you same time. I bet that you are really good.

legacy-tigerdave
09-26-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by NeB
hahahaa....its FLAK monkey....when you kill enough people with a flak cannon
http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/contrib/ut2/redcap.gif http://www.freeadpower.org/~mrsmiles/contrib/ut1/mgwhore.gif

What? Really? Seriously, I'm embarrassed. I too thought it was "Black Monkey". And I would just sit there and go, "What the ---??? Shouldn't it be 'Brass Monkey'???" :rolleyes:

legacy-CaptJackSparrow
10-03-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by tigerdave
What? Really? Seriously, I'm embarrassed. I too thought it was "Black Monkey". And I would just sit there and go, "What the ---??? Shouldn't it be 'Brass Monkey'???" :rolleyes: Brass Monkey! That funky monkey! Brass Monkey!! :o

legacy-KuyaMyco1
10-03-2003, 02:54 PM
CaptJackSparrow?!?! do you play Urban Terror?

legacy-edudttam
01-17-2004, 08:47 PM
OMFG RACISM!!!!@!@!