PDA

View Full Version : Drinking and fragging

legacy-stoker6
07-30-2003, 01:28 PM
Well, I have and tendency to drink beer and play, a matter of fact they kinda go hand in hand :)

I notice that after 2 or 3 I get relaxed and seem to do a bit better. As the midnight hour approaches, and I have over indulged, I get complacent and start getting owned. I still keep playing though (and drinking) :D

How 'bout you guys? Are there those of you that take the game so seriously you don't drink & frag? You save the drinks for *after* the game? :haha:

legacy-woohah
07-30-2003, 01:32 PM
ahem

you sit around by yourself getting drunk and playing video games?

do you even KNOW any girls?

legacy-CLU3L4SS
07-30-2003, 01:39 PM
yep gota drink and play, dont play better for it tho .....

..... and im married :p

legacy-FLAGEL
07-30-2003, 01:40 PM
I used to drink some and play.

The good thing is that you don't get as frustrated as you would when someone kills your spree or smth. You just relax and have fun. :)

legacy-Teh Caveman
07-30-2003, 01:42 PM
I do get stoned while playing, now that has some implications...

1) Multitasking is at an altime low, so forget being a team player...

2) I tend to get stuck camping or doing other simple tasks (stuff that doesnt require me to fly around the room like a spazz

3) If a certain tactic doesnt work out, i'll "twit out" on it, and continue trying until i get it right, or I get bored.

Examples

For #1: I dont read any messages that my team or other people are typing, There's no way im going to read and frag while stoned...waaaay to much going on.

For #2: While camping and sniping on a hill or roof I catch myself saying outloud, "Gee, they sure are squirmy today! :)"

For #3: I know I can pull off that, "LG shot -> shock combo -> minigun for the finish" will work on that dude that keeps on killing me!

legacy-Teh Caveman
07-30-2003, 01:44 PM
oh, and I want to add:

Being stoned and playing UT2K3 is great, It's my own personal vacation to some far off world, where you OWN or be OWN'd

Good fun, good times

Boksha
07-30-2003, 01:46 PM
Oh, I play often enough while somewhat drunk. After 3 beers my playing gets somewhat worse. I tend to get a bit careless. :p
And woohah, I don't know about you, but we get 5 boring workdays a week over here. :)
Not that that has anything to do with ME, me being a lazy bastard and all. I won't have to work for another 5 or 6 years. University first. :)

legacy-Mort_Q
07-30-2003, 01:51 PM
I'm the same way with playing pool... I do better after a couple of drinks... a couple more and I lose lose lose.

legacy-smormando
07-30-2003, 01:54 PM
For me, gaming is like playing guitar, I can have one drink just to relax me, but anything more than that and it's gonna get ugly...

Originally posted by Mort_Q
I'm the same way with playing pool... I do better after a couple of drinks... a couple more and I lose lose lose.

I can't drink AT ALL when I'm playing pool. I'm a pretty decent player when I'm not drinking, but I stop seeing the shots once I start drinking.

BeerNut
07-30-2003, 02:03 PM
Well I'm pretty much with everyone else on this.... a couple is fine, but after a few it tends to get pretty ugly.

I actually didn't have this problem with UT... For whatever reason, I could play UT with a few more beers in me with a greater deal of success.
After the same amount, I find myself getting SMOKED in UT2K3... Not sure of it's the movement, weapon use, or if I just suck:(

legacy-Dark_Spectre
07-30-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by stoker6
Well, I have and tendency to drink beer and play, a matter of fact they kinda go hand in hand :)

Actually, sex and violence go together. However that might get a little awkward... :bulb:

legacy-c_Sypher
07-30-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by BeerNut
Well I'm pretty much with everyone else on this.... a couple is fine, but after a few it tends to get pretty ugly.

I actually didn't have this problem with UT... For whatever reason, I could play UT with a few more beers in me with a greater deal of success.
After the same amount, I find myself getting SMOKED in UT2K3... Not sure of it's the movement, weapon use, or if I just suck:(

exact same here.. My drink of choice while playing is a long island iced tea (homemade with absolut, bicardi, triple sec, sauza gold, and bombay gin) after one of those im already tending to get sloppy.. In UT i was awesome after my long island.
:bulb:

legacy-Fistula
07-30-2003, 02:19 PM
Yeah I drink on weekend nights, I usually play after going out so you guys' would be ashamed if you only knew how buzzed I was (if I was beating you). What I won't do is poor a drink out when you kill one of my homies in TDM.

legacy-Tobbe
07-30-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by stoker6

I notice that after 2 or 3 I get relaxed and seem to do a bit better. As the midnight hour approaches, and I have over indulged, I get complacent and start getting owned. I still keep playing though (and drinking) :D

How 'bout you guys? Are there those of you that take the game so seriously you don't drink & frag? You save the drinks for *after* the game? :haha:
Wtf,it could have been me posting that. :D :haha:

Originally posted by woohah
ahem

Girls are obsolete!

legacy-Odds
07-30-2003, 03:11 PM
ahem

That's the typical post of someone who doesnt :rolleyes:

legacy-Tobbe
07-30-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by [GOD]Odds
That's the typical post of someone who doesnt :rolleyes:
:D right.

Edit:On a sidenote,i hate being owned and lose my skills in a game against real ppl.
I take it damn seriously who´s where on the scoreboard at the end of the game.
But wtf,when i constantly drink and play where do i expect to be with so much skilled players around.
Sure you can always own the noobs no matter if you´re unconscious or not but if you see a good player and i´ve taken one beer to many,i know im "in a world of sh1t".
Full Metal Jacket

legacy-RetodonIIX
07-30-2003, 03:18 PM
What are "girls"?

legacy-Odds
07-30-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by RetodonIIX
What are "girls"?

Dunno, all I know is not to touch them or I'll go to prison, us adults call them "women" ;)

legacy-[FSB]Med
07-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by [GOD]Odds
Dunno, all I know is not to touch them or I'll go to prison, us adults call them "women" ;)

LOL - That was pretty funny :up:

Not as good as.......

bloodninja: Ok baby, we got to hurry, I don't know how long I can keep it ready for you.
j_gurli3: thats ok. ok i'm a japanese schoolgirl, what r u.
bloodninja: A Rhinocerus. Well, hung like one, thats for sure.
j_gurli3: haha, ok lets go.
j_gurli3: i put my hand through ur hair, and kiss u on the neck.
bloodninja: I stomp the ground, and snort, to alert you that you are in my breeding territory.
j_gurli3: haha, ok, u know that turns me on.
j_gurli3: i start unbuttoning ur shirt.
bloodninja: Rhinoceruses don't wear shirts.
j_gurli3: No, ur not really a Rhinocerus silly, it's just part of the game.
bloodninja: Rhinoceruses don't play games. They f*cking charge your ass.
j_gurli3: stop, cmon be serious.
bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.
bloodninja: I stomp my feet, the dust stirs around my tough skinned feet.
j_gurli3: thats it.
bloodninja: Nostrils flaring, I lower my head. My horn, like some phallic symbol of my potent virility, is the last thing you see as skulls collide and mine remains the victor. You are now a bloody red ragdoll suspended in the air on my mighty horn.
bloodninja: Goddam am I hard now.

Though ;)

"Oh I like that Baby. I put on my robe and wizard hat."

legacy-Tobbe
07-30-2003, 03:33 PM
Yeah that´s where its the best Med,awesome,laughed my ass off. :D

Edit:Let me correct that,its fudging brilliant!!
I cant believe its for real and not just fake,anyway,its hillarious. :haha:

legacy-DarKnyt
07-30-2003, 05:12 PM
ahem

If I remember right, he's married. That is a WHOLE different ball game, there. All bets are off. :D

legacy-Desaparecido
07-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Dark_Spectre
Actually, sex and violence go together. However that might get a little awkward... :bulb:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,92070,00.html

legacy-DarkBytes
07-30-2003, 05:23 PM
I dhave a nice bottle of red, half way through it Im doin ok , but bty the time i finish it I ait doin too good

UnrealGrrl
07-30-2003, 05:33 PM
yea thats about me too in some respects...

after 2 glasses of merlot im cool and relaxed, playing a bit better than usual
after 3 1/2 im doing really good but my teammates are starting to call me a llama
after more than half the bottle is gone my teammates are either teamkilling me, yelling Cap Cap Cap! or Wrong way!

i dont know what their freakin problem is though... :confused:

...and yea i know lotsa girls, so what?! ;)

legacy-STANGFRIIK
07-30-2003, 05:51 PM
The only time I get to play at length is when I'm drunk. By the time I'm really drunk, my fiance has already passed out so she won't b1tch at me for being on that damn computer:haha:

legacy-Odds
07-30-2003, 05:53 PM
Drnk now! LIVE DRUNK! AWHAWEYAWGEEEEEYYYY!!!!!!1

legacy-Tobbe
07-30-2003, 08:32 PM
http://w1.864.telia.com/~u86446553/cartman01.gif http://w1.864.telia.com/~u86446553/copcar.gif
http://w1.864.telia.com/~u86446553/drunk.jpg

legacy-Vinylmixer
07-30-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Tobbe
http://w1.864.telia.com/~u86446553/cartman01.gif http://w1.864.telia.com/~u86446553/copcar.gif
http://w1.864.telia.com/~u86446553/drunk.jpg

Hahaha :up:

Ultron
07-30-2003, 11:36 PM
I'm married. A little drink here and there is a requirement. Play on! :D

legacy-Kabhal
07-30-2003, 11:50 PM
I'm always drunk. :D

LOL at Tobbe's pics and [FSB]Med:
bloodninja: Nostrils flaring, I lower my head. My horn, like some phallic symbol of my potent virility, is the last thing you see as skulls collide and mine remains the victor. You are now a bloody red ragdoll suspended in the air on my mighty horn.
bloodninja: Goddam am I hard now. :haha:

legacy--ORC-P
07-31-2003, 03:30 AM
Whenever I'm drunk and playing I change my name to make it obvious, just to make people feel crappy :haha: . Some of my names have been NeedB33rNow, I_AM_DRUNK, and DRUNKERISAWESOMEST, etc.

legacy-LondonsDC
07-31-2003, 06:35 AM
imo its all about coming back from pub wen ur completely ****ed and playin for a bit, maybe engaging in sum healthy flame and attempting to sort out why the screen is spinning. Heavy z axis maps can make u chunder tho so watchit, and its definately NOT about playign this game wen ur hungover, that just hurts :bulb:

legacy-Bin drinkin
07-31-2003, 08:57 AM
definately 'bongo' is better than booze for UT! - it sucks you into the world! - I dont think playing on skunk would work tho - something milder perhaps!

legacy-Wildt2
07-31-2003, 09:46 AM
As most of you guys I feel a moderate amount (that's very subjective tho ;) ) improves my game as it helps me relax and keep my cool.

Sober I tend to constantly do 180 turns every 2 seconds to check my rear, and I'm generally trying to be "over-aware" leading to panic-like erratic playing style (in a bad way). I wind up trying to concentrate on too many opponents at once in fights and end up not killing any one of them.

However, science will have you know that your reaction time is reduced proportionally with the amount of alchohol in your blood, so it's really a tradeoff. Different levels of intoxication is appropriate in the various gametypes I reckon :)

At the end of a wet evening my entire "focus" is something like a 5 centimeter radius of the crosshair, which is fine and dandy if you're the avg. camping CS sniper, but not for UT2k3.

legacy-Bin drinkin
07-31-2003, 10:39 AM
stop drinkin' tins of 'wifebeater' then :)

I find some blow is ok, actualy you dont need ultra reactions, rather smoothness to fire in the right place which ime is never where the player is located :)

with some puff, when you hit that window you sorta go into auto-pilot - quite intuitive sometimes.

legacy-LondonsDC
07-31-2003, 11:45 AM
dont think playing on skunk would work tho - something milder perhaps
wat like sum soapbar or sumthing thatll make u tired n hungry and will cain ur throat - pffft, and dont talk to me about playin games on cuff lol thatll jus make ur brain itchy :bulb:

legacy-Tobbe
07-31-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Wildt2
As most of you guys I feel a moderate amount (that's very subjective tho ;) ) improves my game as it helps me relax and keep my cool.

Sober I tend to constantly do 180 turns every 2 seconds to check my rear, and I'm generally trying to be "over-aware" leading to panic-like erratic playing style (in a bad way). I wind up trying to concentrate on too many opponents at once in fights and end up not killing any one of them.

However, science will have you know that your reaction time is reduced proportionally with the amount of alchohol in your blood, so it's really a tradeoff. Different levels of intoxication is appropriate in the various gametypes I reckon :)

At the end of a wet evening my entire "focus" is something like a 5 centimeter radius of the crosshair, which is fine and dandy if you're the avg. camping CS sniper, but not for UT2k3.
Exactly :D

legacy-Stealthy C
08-01-2003, 02:33 PM
ahem

If you are playing....then you are by yourself......and from your statement, chances are that you yourself don't know any girls.

Drinking and fragging is pretty fun sometimes....it relaxes you a bit.:D

legacy-Kabhal
02-27-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Stealthy C
If you are playing....then you are by yourself......and from your statement, chances are that you yourself don't know any girls.

Drinking and fragging is pretty fun sometimes....it relaxes you a bit.:D Actually it roxXx0rs! :up: :D I'm usually buzzing when I'm playing... (and posting for that matter). ;)

legacy-[AXIOM]Deadman
02-27-2004, 11:37 AM
I die just as quick either way so I might as well drink!

Boksha
02-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Kabhal
Actually it roxXx0rs! :up: :D I'm usually buzzing when I'm playing... (and posting for that matter). ;) Why did you just bump a thread that's almost half a year old? :p

legacy-Beer.Blunt
02-27-2004, 11:42 AM
I dunno if its cuz i'm stoned most of my life.....but I always play better when I smoke.
can't heavily drink and play, it make me woozy. Besides whenever i bring a beer and play some onslaught....my beer usually goes warm cause I'm too focused on taking out that tank that just blew my ass up

legacy-Kabhal
02-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Boksha
Why did you just bump a thread that's almost half a year old? :p Sorry, I'm searching for an old thread and I'm listening to hard european trance music (really loud) and uh... I'm a bit innebriated ATM. ;) Sorry dude. :p

legacy-JackReacher
02-27-2004, 11:50 AM
Hell yeah, beer kills the pain of being owned :D

legacy-stoker6
02-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Strange how I was just thinking about this last night.

I don't know why I bother sometimes. Got home from the gym and by midnight had pounded down a 6pak of corona on an empty stomach. Man was I playing like crap. It was fun though :D

It's a fun drinking game but you really gotta know when to throw in the towel :haha:

I play best an hour after I get up on the weekends and have a couple cups of coffee:up:

legacy-thelonecrouton
02-27-2004, 12:39 PM
No alcohol:

I move around like a monkey on acid with it's danglies plugged ito the mains. I'm hard to hit, but the DT's also hinder my own aim...

legacy-{S!N}Sloth
02-27-2004, 12:50 PM
it's called the beer window (but can be found by many other alcoholic / mind altering substances besides beer)... S!N talk about it quite often. did you know that there is a second beer window? i know of a guy doing his thesis entitled "The search for the Elusive 3rd beer window" nobody has yet to find it, but a lot of theories point to it's existence.

S!N and A!M used to host a Drunkfest once a month... and yes i'm married so i do sit by myself and drink. :P

legacy-thelonecrouton
02-27-2004, 12:57 PM
Bloody hell, my 1st beer-window is about ten pints wide as it is. You mean I have a 2nd and a 3rd too? Clearly I'm not trying hard enough...

*liver explodes*

legacy-Sh0rty
02-27-2004, 01:04 PM
This is actually quite fun at LAN Parties.
Play some DM-Gael and if you go on a killing spree, you have to chug down an entire beer.
Your skills will get worse, the others better, and well, you get the point. It's quite fun to do but after a good hour your bloody wasted.

Ultron
02-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Threads like this are timeless! TIMELESS! :D

legacy-NoGodForMe
02-27-2004, 03:15 PM
I drink a few, but then gaming becomes work.
That's when I listen to MP3s and surf the net to relax.

legacy-yewnuhtee
02-27-2004, 03:18 PM
I was drunk last night, but I wasn't playing any UT games. I was playing NBA Live 2004 on PS2 though. Me and a friend had a season going and we were playing Miami Heat and we were Orlando. Was a fantasy draft season so we got pretty much anyone we wanted on our team. Half the time neither of us were paying attention and just talking. Game went into overtime.. DOUBLE overtime. One second left on the clock it was 203-205, we were losing. We had a plan, but being the drunkards we were last night, it didn't go through. :(

BTW, take some Vampyre Vodka, Midori Melon, and Sweet & Sour lemon, mix it up in a blender with ice.. MMMM. One of those big glasses from Hard Rock Cafe full and you're doing good for the night. I still took like 4 extra shots of vodka though. ;)

legacy-LAWENFORCEMENT
02-27-2004, 03:26 PM
i only enjoy playing UT on 30 gramm crack cocaine mixed with tequila and paintthinner:bulb:

legacy-yewnuhtee
02-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by LAWENFORCEMENT
i only enjoy playing UT on 30 gramm crack cocaine mixes with tequila and paintthinner:bulb:

Highly believable. :bulb:

Ultron
02-27-2004, 03:58 PM
Strawberry-flavored wine coolers do it for me. :D

legacy-ThePerfectCore
02-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Just don't barf on your keyboard. THAT would be frustrating.

"Cap the damn flag you tard!!!!!!!!"
"I CAN'T USE MY MOVEMENT KEYS THEY'RE ALL STUCK NOW"

BeerNut
02-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Ultron
Strawberry-flavored wine coolers do it for me. :D

rofl :haha:

Ultron teh funneh.... :D

legacy-YAWA YLF
02-27-2004, 04:18 PM
being stoned and playing ONS is wicked :cool:
only then you really get IN to the game

running/racing back and forth btween nodes in this huge world with all sorts of flying things 'n sh!t

i recommend it! :up:
better then being drunk

also
i actually got better when stoned
this 1 time i was playing ons and someone on voice chat was in panic because he saw a redeemer flying toward our node so i looked around and there it was, almost at the node so i took my shock rifle and just shot it like it was nothing with 1 shot and i was pretty fckn far away mwuhaha he says "great shot!"
at that time i didnt really thought about how 1337 my action was but later when i got back to normal i had to lmao :haha: :haha:

i think that was my best shot ever

legacy-Glopes
02-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Well a few drinks is fine, but when i'm drunk i'm usually to buisy rolling on the floor and hugging the cat or something to play UT :bulb:

legacy-thelonecrouton
02-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Cats are cool, except when they leap onto you unexpectedly, and bugger your shock-combo up. ;)

legacy-Kabhal
02-27-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Ultron
Strawberry-flavored wine coolers do it for me. :D I didn't know you were a chickz0r!! :eek: So... uh... have you seen my connection speeds lately? :D ;)
Originally posted by ThePerfectCore
Just don't barf on your keyboard. THAT would be frustrating.

"Cap the damn flag you tard!!!!!!!!"
"I CAN'T USE MY MOVEMENT KEYS THEY'RE ALL STUCK NOW" My keys are usually stuck because of pr0n anyway so... :confused: I generally put a facecloth over the keyboard for protection, but sometimes I'm already into it and forget. :p

I'm just joking btw... :bulb:

legacy-danbomb
02-27-2004, 07:54 PM
A little of both jack and buds can be very killer and quite fun. I have a little trouble staying in the first beer window with hard alcohol.

Boksha
02-27-2004, 08:23 PM
Somehow, drinking tends to improve my aim and movement, but for the life of my, I CAN"T TIME THE POWERUPS.
Not at all! Even if I try I can't do it, I just forget what I was heading for.

legacy-Killroy X
02-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Half a Vicodin does the trick. :cool:

legacy-digimortal1622
02-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by UnrealGrrl
yea thats about me too in some respects...

after 2 glasses of merlot im cool and relaxed, playing a bit better than usual
after 3 1/2 im doing really good but my teammates are starting to call me a llama
after more than half the bottle is gone my teammates are either teamkilling me, yelling Cap Cap Cap! or Wrong way!

i dont know what their freakin problem is though... :confused:

...and yea i know lotsa girls, so what?! ;)

The problem is we love and respect you, and we look to you as a role modle for our children...you should live up to that. Don't make it seem like a joke!!

legacy-Kabhal
02-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by digimortal1622
The problem is we love and respect you, and we look to you as a role modle for our children...you should live up to that. Don't make it seem like a joke!! But she's not paid to be a role-model! :mad: She's paid to wreak havoc on the nearest ONSLAUGHT server!

Parents are role-models. ;)

<insert NIKE ad with UnrealGrrl>

legacy-[LN] Gabriel
02-27-2004, 10:26 PM
Six pack of Yuenling and 2 Excedrin PM's get the job done.
Sure, I don't get the job done all the time, but I have alot more fun doing it. I just wish everyone would enjoy it more, unlike this dude I heard speaking on the 'Public' channel the other night, literally screaming at his team for "sucking so bad" I think I even heard his wife yelling at him in the background at one point. He needs some decaf, or some Northern Lights.

legacy-o_ICEMAN_o
02-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Teh Caveman
I do get stoned while playing
:D :up:

legacy-digimortal1622
02-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Yeah you're right...I was being sarcastic...AND I WAS DRINKING!!!:eek:

legacy-RoughRider
02-28-2004, 10:43 AM
One or two is fine. It steadys your hand. Any more than that puts you in Suckville. It's the same with coffee. The best time to play: an hour after waking up.

legacy-Tobbe
02-28-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by RoughRider
One or two is fine. It steadys your hand. Any more than that puts you in Suckville. It's the same with coffee. The best time to play: an hour after waking up.
Suckville is where i´ve lived all my life in the country of Sux00rs.
Once in awhile im on vacation in Fragville,then i drink to much and its time to get back to Suckville.

Yup,its where i grew up,gotta love that town. :D

legacy-G-Mastah
02-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Great Thread :D :)

If I play racing games, I should not drink at all, but while playing FPS games ... YaY.
Somehow it makes me play a lot better. Normally I have the tendency to be too stressed while being sober. Making plans, thinking about "what to do next after ...". I guess I do not have enough brainpower to accomplish that due to my by default rather stressy nature, so I should stick with"no future, just the present" kind of thinking :)
One or two beer will do the trick, but I usually have more beer around me anyway so I end up being quite drunk after a while.
Hell, I even had one of my best clanwars when I was so drunk that I could not even remember I played a clanwar the next day :rolleyes:

legacy-Bull {DI}
02-28-2004, 12:19 PM
Drinking and playing Video games....

The life of a married man =)

legacy-Urizen
02-28-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Teh Caveman
I do get stoned while playing, now that has some implications...

1) Multitasking is at an altime low, so forget being a team player...

2) I tend to get stuck camping or doing other simple tasks (stuff that doesnt require me to fly around the room like a spazz

3) If a certain tactic doesnt work out, i'll "twit out" on it, and continue trying until i get it right, or I get bored.

Examples

For #1: I dont read any messages that my team or other people are typing, There's no way im going to read and frag while stoned...waaaay to much going on.

For #2: While camping and sniping on a hill or roof I catch myself saying outloud, "Gee, they sure are squirmy today! :)"

For #3: I know I can pull off that, "LG shot -> shock combo -> minigun for the finish" will work on that dude that keeps on killing me!

Nice being a bit stoned while fragging. I was [THC]TooStoned in UT:)