PDA

View Full Version : UT2003 Dedi Killing my proxy!

legacy-Gr44
07-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Ok im going to have to partly vauge here which i am sorry for, but its a very hard thing to do trial and error to,

Basically i have ADSL which connects to my proxy server via usb modem, ICS in turn forwards UT2003 ports to my server which runs a copy of the Dedi server, with both bonus packs, a few extra maps, and map vote.

this is where is gets abit vauge, as far as I know.. When people from the internet are connected to my server and the map changes via default Ut2003 rotation OR the mapvote it SOMETIMES kills my proxy, if i change the map via console or webadmin it hasnt crashed, yet... and this has never happened on other games i have hosted on this, including UT MOHAA and RTCW, please help me fix this, i cant keep rebooting my proxy every 10mins.

Oh also dont know if this is normal but i found this at the end of my server.log..

-

Log: 3230390.9ms Unloading: Package Vehicles
Log: (Karma): Ending Karma for game.
Log: (Karma): Destroying Geometry Manager.
Log: (Karma): Destroying Asset Database.
Log: (Karma): Destroying Framework.
Log: Garbage: objects: 28204->0; refs: 270398
Exit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
Exit: Exiting.
Log: Waiting for file streaming thread to finish...
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Allocation checking disabled
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 07/12/03 15:14:22

-

Dunno what it means but it mind help some bright cookie :)

Thanks for any feedback,

Gr44

legacy-Gr44
07-12-2003, 03:28 PM
oh i should have mentioned, both proxy and server are running windows 2000 SP3 , yes i know SP4 is out, aint got round to it yet :)

NakedApe
07-13-2003, 08:52 AM
What is your "proxy" doing? Is it simply forwarding traffic from/to the Internet (in which case it is more correct to call it a router or gateway)? Does it perform analysis on the traffic that passes through?

A mapchange doesn't cause the network traffic to change in any other way than content. Are there any errors in the log on your proxy computer?

legacy-Gr44
07-13-2003, 12:55 PM
ill try and answer what I can, sorry never paid that much attention to it ;)

Proxy runs Windows2000 SP3, it runs ICS and nothing else ( so yes it just forwards treaffic to the correct IPs, it runs port forwarding which is within ICS ) as far as i know it doesnt check packets etc, where would i find a log? and it hasnt done it at all today \o/ 3 whole map changes lol ;)

Thanks for reading naked ape

NakedApe
07-13-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Gr44
ill try and answer what I can, sorry never paid that much attention to it ;)

Proxy runs Windows2000 SP3, it runs ICS and nothing else ( so yes it just forwards treaffic to the correct IPs, it runs port forwarding which is within ICS ) as far as i know it doesnt check packets etc, where would i find a log? and it hasnt done it at all today \o/ 3 whole map changes lol ;)

Thanks for reading naked ape

Start looking for errors by going to Start->Run and enter "eventvwr.exe" (no quotes). I can't tell you exactly what to look for since A) I have never used ICS, B) I am not an Windows expert but anything in the System list which reads "Error" would probably be a likely candidate.

Unfortunately the events are rather cryptical and the "search knowledge base" function rarely turn up anything useful but at least it might provide a clue.

HTH!

legacy-Gr44
07-13-2003, 01:26 PM
eventvwr.exe doesnt exist so it says :(

sure thats right for windows2000?

NakedApe
07-13-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Gr44
eventvwr.exe doesnt exist so it says :(

sure thats right for windows2000?

It should be... Try going to the Control Panel, Administrative tools, Event Viewer.

Edit: It's been a long time since I ran 2000, maybe my memory is faulty.... :-P

legacy-Gr44
07-13-2003, 02:36 PM
lol nps i have given up and am now using the server as a proxy as well and using the proxy for a gift ;)

Thansk for your help anyway m8, but it looks like one of those problems that will never be solved :( I mean, how can some packets crash a pc, when its only forwarding them, lol o_O