PDA

View Full Version : OMg will it never end. Ball reset problem when shooting high up

legacy-Buckyfg
07-09-2003, 10:13 PM
I thought I was at the REAL home stretch of making this map but NOOO.

For some reason when I have the ball in bombingrun and I shoot up pretty high it resets the ball. In my map BR-Contact, anyone know why it does this or any ideas?

update: let me add that it has only givin me errors when bots are in the game, no bots and I cant get the error.

vfngrfngrngrwe = how I feel right now

legacy-DraZtiK
07-09-2003, 11:03 PM
I know exactly what your talking about...And it is annoying but havn't even bothered to find out why. (does it in br-canyon big time):(

when I can I'm gonna look into this if nobody else knows.

legacy-Buckyfg
07-09-2003, 11:44 PM
I might have found out why. I got it to work and no ball reset SO FAR.

I noticed that my blocking volume WALLS around the level were about the same height where the ball would reset. these are just walls, wayyy off to each side of the level and NO top blocking at all.

so I raised the walls alot and I havent had a ball reset yet. I'll be testing this alot more but this could be the problem.

UPDATE: Spoke to soon, its happinging again. pretty bad too

HELP!!!!!

legacy-Buckyfg
07-10-2003, 11:17 AM
How come I get the worst problems ever? am I freakin cursed? tell me I want to know

Cant things just workout just THIS ONCE ffs.

I also have a problem with the plants and leaves of the palm trees getting darker when you get a certain distance from them, only with water behind

legacy-Mr Evil
07-10-2003, 11:58 AM
Don't feel bad, it happens on Bifrost all the time.

legacy-Buckyfg
07-10-2003, 12:51 PM
Mr Evil, I did a major long test here and when I played the map with no bots and just me I couldnt get the error to happen (ball reset) but as soon as I added ten bots almost 60% of the time it would happen ? WTF is that ?

Smood
07-10-2003, 01:29 PM
Thats almost as bad as my moving bsp problem on vertex editing. Almost.

legacy-Buckyfg
07-10-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Smood
Thats almost as bad as my moving bsp problem on vertex editing. Almost.

Right at this moment its the worst thign possible to me.
btw hey smood.

I've asked everywhere and no one knows anything about it.

Maybe I should change the whole thing to CTF now!

legacy-Buckyfg
07-10-2003, 04:44 PM
Any ideas you have , anything. if this isnt fixed there is no BR-Contact.

-=¤willhaven¤=-
07-10-2003, 05:37 PM
i couldnt get it to work on any of the tall maps

if i can get it to mess up i could probably help get it fixed

legacy-Buckyfg
07-10-2003, 06:59 PM
It wont give the error if you are alone on the map I've found

Add bots and god mode then it'll happen forsure. Basicly I got it to give the error everytime I shot it on BR-bitfrost and on twintombs.

Shoot straight up in bitfrost and everytime "ball reset"

legacy-harrywang5
07-10-2003, 07:15 PM
hey bucky u wanna make a MOD with me?

legacy-Buckyfg
07-10-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by harrywang5
hey bucky u wanna make a MOD with me?

As you can see in my Sig, I'm already in a mod team man, no time for two sorry

***On topic: I tried sharpfish park, double dammage and a few other BR maps and ALL of them gave me the error as long as I had bots in the game***

-=¤willhaven¤=-
07-11-2003, 12:26 AM
i just did a playtest on bifrost with bots on god mode... shot the ball straight up many times.... didnt reset

legacy-acc
07-11-2003, 01:46 AM
I get the bug on BiFrost. The cutoff point seemed to keep getting lower as I added more bots :weird:
I don't get it on TwinTombs though.

legacy-Buckyfg
07-11-2003, 12:08 PM
Thanks for checking guys.

Its pretty wierd Willhaven if you cant get it on bitfrost. I can make it happen everytime, very strange , could it have ANYTHING to do with mod files on my drive? I highly doubt it but I'm grabbing at straws now.

O and I took the liberty of making a CTF version of the map so I dont feel as bad. I still would love to know if theres anything I can do. On my map the cut off points are all over and alot lower than bitfrost e.t.c. or any other BR maps I had the bug on. Sucks!

legacy-Mr Evil
07-11-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by willhaven
i just did a playtest on bifrost with bots on god mode... shot the ball straight up many times.... didnt reset
I don't know about with bots, but online I can get it every time: Pick up the ball where it spawns and fire it higher than about 45 degrees towards the base => reset. Really annoying because it makes it impossible to shoot the ball with the shock rifle from there, forcing me to actually run with the ball.:mad: It can't be purely height dependant though, because I can shoot it up very high from the low part of the map without it being reset.