PDA

View Full Version : [4 MAPS:CTF/DOM/KH/BR] "Mutha Giger" [FINALS:TWO RELEASED]

legacy-Teddie
01-27-2003, 02:07 PM
Folks,

Another 4-banger. I'll update this page as the other 2 are released shortly.

And I'll update with some regular screenshots within a few hours.

Ok. Here we go.

"Mutha Giger... alive but lifeless. The greedy puppets of Red and of Blue -- uncontrollable and relentless. They feed on her mind, they feed on her soul. Reducing her spirit to a whisper inaudible and a fleck invisible. Their queen... alive but lifeless."

http://www.planetunreal.com/funreal/images/screenshots/CTF-MuthaGiger[FuT]/CTF-MuthaGiger[FuT]_thumbnail.gif
CTF Version DOWNLOAD MIRRORS
-------------------
http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=1977

http://www.planetunreal.com/funreal/images/screenshots/DOM-MuthaGiger[FuT]/DOM-MuthaGiger[FuT]_thumbnail.gif
DOM Version DOWNLOAD MIRRORS
-------------------
http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=1978

http://www.planetunreal.com/funreal/images/screenshots/KH-MuthaGiger[FuT]/KH-MuthaGiger[FuT]_thumbnail.gif
KH (King of the Hill*) Version DOWNLOAD MIRRORS
-------------------
Possible changes to this because of revisions... hang tight...

-------------------
Bombing Run version coming tonight or tomorrow.

CREDITS
--------
Mapper: Teddie Tapawan (a.k.a. teddabod)
Music: "Kapisanan Magmartsa" by Teddie Tapawan (a.k.a. Smart Apple) Copyright ę 2000 All Rights Reserved - ASCAP (http://mp3.com/smartapple (http://mp3.com/smartapple))

THANKS
-------
Thanks to my wife for doing the creepy (but sexy) voice of Mutha Giger. (You will only hear it if you hang around on the breasts.)

Thanks to H.R. Giger for giving me years of influence and enjoyment from his wonderful yet disturbing artworks. (For more information on H.R. Giger, please visit http://www.giger.com)

Thanks to all the folks who support and play my maps!

legacy-Devastation 8
01-27-2003, 02:10 PM
Getting it now! :up:

legacy-Teddie
01-27-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Devastation 8
Getting it now! :up:

Thanks Dev. Let me know what you think.

Here's a quick screenie from the KH version.

http://www.planetunreal.com/funreal/images/misc/temporary_muthagiger.gif

legacy-Dirtybob
01-27-2003, 02:35 PM
Awesome map but , minor frame loss on giger statue on both sides.

legacy-Loosecontroll6
01-27-2003, 02:37 PM
Looks Sweet!.
Downlaoding now.

legacy-Teddie
01-27-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Dirtybob
Nice map but , HUGE frame loss on giger staue on both sides.

Dbob,

Yeah, on the platform?

Hit me up on ICQ. I'm getting on now.

legacy-Devastation 8
01-27-2003, 03:17 PM
Okay, i tried both DOM and CTF versions.

The map itself is wierd...Very wierd...But it was fun :). DOM was sweet but CTF was hard, need to be fast if you want the flag.

All in all, good map, good fps. And i love those jumpads :D.

legacy-Teddie
01-27-2003, 03:20 PM
Okay, i tried both DOM and CTF versions.

The map itself is wierd...Very wierd...But it was fun :). DOM was sweet but CTF was hard, need to be fast if you want the flag.

All in all, good map, good fps. And i love those jumpads :D.

Wierd as in, "that's freakin' wierd" or wierd as in "wtf?" ?

lol.

Thanks for trying them out, bro.

legacy-Enigmabyte
01-27-2003, 03:20 PM
Awesome theme... kinda freaky. The sounds and visuals are great... really set the theme for the map. :up:

legacy-Devastation 8
01-27-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Teddie
Wierd as in, "that's freakin' wierd" or wierd as in "wtf?" ?

lol.

Thanks for trying them out, bro.

Wierd as in "this reminds me of the first Alien movie in the spaceship, now wtf is going on here, what's that face? what's that rocket?"

But in a good way :D:up:.

legacy-župer-]V[oose
01-27-2003, 03:50 PM
Damn that was fast. Downloading now. o(^-^)=b

legacy-DuSt0fF
01-27-2003, 04:01 PM
Nice one Teddy, I love these map packs of yours :cool:

gonna try the ctf now

legacy-Dirtybob
01-27-2003, 04:28 PM
Excellent map!!!!!!!! btw for all intrested this map will be hosted on my brand new CTF server tonight.

the server is called Mojo's custom CTF and it have mapvote enable.

Mojo's Custom CTF 198.200.182.11:7777

I hope to see you all there!!!

legacy-PlickBadger
01-27-2003, 04:29 PM
Cool maps... they both have very good fps for me. Game play on DOM is tough, but very fun. Can't wait for the BR map. Thanks

virax
01-27-2003, 04:37 PM
How DOES HE DO IT!? Wicked sick, dood. I wonder, how many of your maps have been submitted to ownage? :-\

legacy-PurplWulf
01-27-2003, 04:45 PM
oh man this map is freaky, the wind in the air, and that haunting voice when you on the statue, very kewl. the map is beautiful, the only thing I wonder is how capping will be since everything is pretty wide open, it's a snipers paradise.

great looking map though, lot's of ambience, and your wife did a great job with the voice recording, its very eerie and creepy, reminds me of Enigma music :up:

another great map Teddie :)

legacy-DuSt0fF
01-27-2003, 04:55 PM
BRILLIANT. JUST. BRILLIANT.

imo you have outdone yourself; i like this even more than the decks :X

my new favorite ctf :cool: :up: :up:

i hope you are submitting all your maps to Cliffy young man :o

Grim
01-27-2003, 04:55 PM
Very nice looking map
but to damn LARGE :D :D :D

legacy-župer-]V[oose
01-27-2003, 04:57 PM
HUUUGE but I love em. They're made for LG IG?
I noticed two bugs in the short time that I played them, nothing major.
One was just a misaligned skybox, the other is I jumped off a bridge and didn't die. :confused:
Can't wait to see your next map. Keep up the good work.
Teddie ===>http://www.silverball.dsl.pipex.com/files/smilies/whip.gif<===Me

legacy-Ejen34
01-27-2003, 05:15 PM
Teddie...

I likewise am a Giger fan...I have a sketchbook he produced for the Aliens movie...nice work

CTF-Mutha Giger.....yup it is in the WTF category...awesome, unreal, unbelieveable....gameplay is extraordinary...fps are excellant...overall I love it...there is a difference with this map and the Decks series.....it obviously being more original will get more attention from Cliffy for the ultimate attention...hint, hint....well it has my Ownage award anyways....so Cliffy's is secondary..hehe

Tho I still am not ready to Replace Dom-Decks as my favorite 3rd Party map...I have not yet tried the Dom version of Mutha Giger....that comes later......

Many thanks my friend....:up: :):)

legacy-JeTBike
01-27-2003, 05:20 PM
Another amazing map like always. And what makes this map BEST for me is that you even took the time to make a KH (King of the Hill) version of my modification. :)

Thanks a lot. :up:

legacy-Teddie
01-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Loosecontroll6
Looks Sweet!.
Downlaoding now.

Loosecontrol6, thanks. Hope you enjoy them.

Originally posted by Enigmabyte
Awesome theme... kinda freaky. The sounds and visuals are great... really set the theme for the map. :up:

Thanks. I was going for that freaky thing... I used my music that I released back in 2000, but I stripped out my main vocals before adding it to the map.

Wierd as in "this reminds me of the first Alien movie in the spaceship, now wtf is going on here, what's that face? what's that rocket?" But in a good way :D:up:.

Dev, hehe. Hey well, H.R. Giger I think did the conceptual art stuff for the Alien movies.

Originally posted by župer-]V[oose
Damn that was fast. Downloading now. o(^-^)=b

Nah bro... I think it's been a month... I need to take a break for some endorphines.

Originally posted by Dirtybob
Excellent map!!!!!!!! btw for all intrested this map will be hosted on my brand new CTF server tonight. the server is called Mojo's custom CTF and it have mapvote enable. Mojo's Custom CTF 198.200.182.11:7777 I hope to see you all there!!!

Thanks Dbob... You wild man.

Originally posted by PlickBadger
Cool maps... they both have very good fps for me. Game play on DOM is tough, but very fun. Can't wait for the BR map. Thanks

Thanks for trying them out and for the kind words. I'll have the BR version for you shortly.

Originally posted by Virax
How DOES HE DO IT!? Wicked sick, dood. I wonder, how many of your maps have been submitted to ownage? :-\

LOL at virax. Thanks bro. I'm still learning... I have so much to freaking learn. so much.

Originally posted by PurplWulf
oh man this map is freaky, the wind in the air, and that haunting voice when you on the statue, very kewl. the map is beautiful, the only thing I wonder is how capping will be since everything is pretty wide open, it's a snipers paradise.

PW, yeah, it can be difficult... you gotta find the best route if there is one and find cover (there's a little bit of it...) Either that or make sure your team mates are taking out the sniper's platform while you make your break... or, I dunno... (Did I ever mention that I don't really play this game? So please don't take advice from me. LoL).

Originally posted by PurplWulf
great looking map though, lot's of ambience, and your wife did a great job with the voice recording, its very eerie and creepy, reminds me of Enigma music :up: another great map Teddie :)

Thanks my friend. My wife has fun doing that stuff... At least when I'm not in her face saying, "Um, you'll need to do that again... that was sh1tty." (just kidding). She does good voice work IMO.

legacy-Teddie
01-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by DuSt0fF
BRILLIANT. JUST. BRILLIANT. imo you have outdone yourself; i like this even more than the decks :X my new favorite ctf :cool: :up: :up: i hope you are submitting all your maps to Cliffy young man :o

Thanks man. I'm really glad you like it. This was a fun one to make because it really doesn't make any sense, so I didn't have to think very logically which is better for me because... well... I'm insane. Mappers are insane.

Originally posted by Grimmen
Very nice looking map
but to damn LARGE :D :D :D

Thanks Grimmen... It's a biggy.. The map or the filesize, or both? ;)

HUUUGE but I love em. They're made for LG IG?
I noticed two bugs in the short time that I played them, nothing major.
One was just a misaligned skybox, the other is I jumped off a bridge and didn't die. :confused:
Can't wait to see your next map. Keep up the good work.
Teddie ===>http://www.silverball.dsl.pipex.com/files/smilies/whip.gif<===Me

LOL at moose once again. bugs - Oh no... which map did you not die in? I'm thinking the DOM one? (I know about the sky box... it's actually a mountain mesh ring that doesn't butt up correctly at the seam. Lemme know about the bridge undeath. I might have flubbed the KillZ.

legacy-Teddie
01-27-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Ejen34
Teddie...

I likewise am a Giger fan...I have a sketchbook he produced for the Aliens movie...nice work

CTF-Mutha Giger.....yup it is in the WTF category...awesome, unreal, unbelieveable....gameplay is extraordinary...fps are excellant...overall I love it...there is a difference with this map and the Decks series.....it obviously being more original will get more attention from Cliffy for the ultimate attention...hint, hint....well it has my Ownage award anyways....so Cliffy's is secondary..hehe
Tho I still am not ready to Replace Dom-Decks as my favorite 3rd Party map...I have not yet tried the Dom version of Mutha Giger....that comes later...... Many thanks my friend....:up: :):)

Ejen, thanks bro! Thanks for trying it out. Hey, man, try out the DOM... it's fun IMO... (but if your heart belongs to DOM-Decks, that's fine too of course lol.)

Originally posted by JeTBike
Another amazing map like always. And what makes this map BEST for me is that you even took the time to make a KH (King of the Hill) version of my modification. :)

Thanks a lot. :up:

No problem, bro. King of the Hill is a blast IMO. And it gives me another outlet for mapping. You do good code.

legacy-župer-]V[oose
01-27-2003, 05:35 PM
bugs - Oh no... which map did you not die in? I'm thinking the DOM one?
I can't remember. I'll see if I can do it again.

legacy-Doctor7
01-27-2003, 05:41 PM
Oh no... which map did you not die in?

I can't remember. I'll see if I can do it again.

:haha: Sorry, that just cracked me up. Don't be surprised if it ends up as my sig.

legacy-župer-]V[oose
01-27-2003, 05:44 PM
:(

legacy-Helios
01-27-2003, 05:46 PM
Hehe man you sure got a huge load of positive comments on this map :P
Srry but I don't agree with them (only played the dom version so far though). You made some cool meshes etc and the map has a nice theme, but imo it's way to simple. You can see the one dom point when yur at the other and the other way around. This makes gameplay kinda simplistic since it's all running around in one line, and imo the map is too open yeah. The performance was good though. Heh srry but I like your other maps a lot more:(

legacy-Doctor7
01-27-2003, 05:47 PM

Well, it did sound as if there was only one map you'd ever not died in, and you'd have trouble repeating the achievement :p

legacy-Teddie
01-27-2003, 05:57 PM

Don't be sad.

Originally posted by Helios
Hehe man you sure got a huge load of positive comments on this map :P
Srry but I don't agree with them (only played the dom version so far though). You made some cool meshes etc and the map has a nice theme, but imo it's way to simple. You can see the one dom point when yur at the other and the other way around. This makes gameplay kinda simplistic since it's all running around in one line, and imo the map is too open yeah. The performance was good though. Heh srry but I like your other maps a lot more:(

No offense taken, bro. I appreciate the comments.
Try out the CTF version. It will still be kind of open, but it's laid out diff from the dom. Thanks for trying it out and thanks for digging my other maps. ;)

Originally posted by Doctor7
Well, it did sound as if there was only one map you'd ever not died in, and you'd have trouble repeating the achievement :p

I laughed because if you read the quote, for some reason it's funny, but I dunno why... It's like listening to a phone conversation of two dudes who have been smokin' weed.

By the way, I don't condone smokin' weed, but when I was a young dude, me and my friend used to smoke up and then call each other and tape the conversation and then listen to it when we weren't high... freakin' hilarious... ... and again, I dunno why.

... now forget you read that.

legacy-Doctor7
01-27-2003, 06:06 PM
I laughed because if you read the quote, for some reason it's funny, but I dunno why... It's like listening to a phone conversation of two dudes who have been smokin' weed.
Exactly. It's surreal. 'What map did you not die in?' is such a weird thing to ask, and then to get an answer like that :D

legacy-župer-]V[oose
01-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Doctor7
Then make that sig. :D:up:

Teddie - I jumped off both maps a few times. Seems you don't die if you fall bellow the DD in the dom version.
Also, after jumping off the right side of the bridge that goes right out of the blue base in ctf, I fell straight through the floor.
Hope that helps. *cough*readme credit*cough*

legacy-Buckyfg
01-27-2003, 06:26 PM
Hey Teddie, you know what I like about ya? you come outa nowhere and release kool maps :)

I LOVE giger's work, I've downloaded it and will give it a spin man :up:

legacy-acc
01-27-2003, 06:38 PM
Very atmospheric. Gave me cold chills. Great work man :up:
Not my type of gameplay, personally, but it's a blast with different types of mutators.

legacy-Buckyfg
01-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Woah thats got a real "epic" (not the company) feel.

I think it'll be huge with the low grav IG crowd.

How did you make the pentagram jump pads?, Soo much still to learn :)

Grim
01-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Well Teddie m8
file sizes dont usually worry me :)
But the map itself is huge :)
But as said earlier, very nice looking
I can fire it up just to admire the architecture :) :)

legacy-[OC]Mr B
01-27-2003, 07:32 PM
When I d/l a new map, before I actually play it, I "fly around" the map and check out what I'm in for... (I d/ed the CTF version) ..then I hit "FIRE" to start...

OMFG. http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/cwm/cwm/eek2.gif

If I wasn't headed out in 5 minutes, I'd be putting this one on my server now...I will as soon as I get back.

I only got a chance to play for a few minutes, as I have to run, but...I'm truly amazed. Another awesome map.

Nice music to go with it. Good choice...fits it like a glove. ;)

Cheers!

B.

legacy-Ejen34
01-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Teddie,

OK I could not wait...I gave Dom-Mutha Giger a spin....glad I did...excellant map...gameplay is great for a 3rd Party DDom map.....but...sorry to say not exactly as good as Dom-Decks....then you knew I might say this right? :)

Very glad I played this map...it will remain in my map folder permanently....alongside the superb Dom-Decks[FuT]...:) :)

Many thanks my friend...

Ejen

PS: What a Mutha.....

legacy-UDstudent
01-27-2003, 09:03 PM
wow, anytime i see something about Giger, i get excited. Im not a huge fan of his...but I was in Gruyere (cheese city) in Switzerland and walked around his studio. Outside you can see this AMAZING piece of art, its 10 times better when you see the real thing as oppossed to the poster. this pic doesnt do it justice...go there and check it out.

http://www.hrgiger.com/images/museumseingang_gross.jpg

Checking the map now teddie :up:

legacy-Tweak-fragger
01-27-2003, 09:50 PM
Teddie, this map is wonderfull. And it gave me chills because it is so atmospheric and well done. I will have to check out some of gigers work today or tomorrow and see what he is all about. Also tell your wife she did a good job with the voice, it sounds like a real movie clip

legacy-Lio Convoy
01-27-2003, 09:55 PM
Woohoo! Another map from Teddie! DLing now, I'll edit this and post my feedback after I play... DLing the CTF version. If it's as good as your other maps, I'll be a happy man tonight!

Whoa... Very trippy. I'm not sure what I think about it. For CTF, I find the route almost too easy to take between the 2 bases. It might have been better if a straight line wasn't used for the main way. It just feels simple to get from one base to the other and the side routes and top route seem almost like they're pointless to use.

Graphically, the map is A-1 material. Great use of custom statics, shiny, reflective metal, and great atmosphere! The map played as smoothly on my system as Decks did. :up: I didn't get any slowdown like someone else mentioned. It all ran solidly on my machine.

The music is great, it fits the trippy map feel. Just not too sure about this one yet. I'll keep it for a while and play it and see if it grows on me. Some maps do. Still, regardless of whether I love it or not, I can see all the hard work you put into it and it did come out pretty darn cool. Keep it up!

Lio Convoy

legacy-Jigen
01-27-2003, 11:15 PM
I actually didn't really care for this one sorry to say... artwork is good, but I think things could have been a little better rendered, and the gameplay is a little simple. It's a good map, better than most people's, just not up to what I usually play on.

legacy-dabaron
01-28-2003, 02:12 AM
Good job!! an excellent map, I loved the design. I have a few problems with it though.

It was a little disturbing, what with all the creepy disfigured human architechure. It had a nice atmosphere that really takes you to another world, but the world seems to be verrry evil. DM-Inferno seems a holier place. Tone down the whole evil/satanic theme, and you'll have a winner.

It plays really well, and if you don't notice all the freaky cr@p, like the hand reaching up to mutha's face, you'd enjoy it. I loved camping on the platform and sniping attackers.

legacy-Capt_13M
01-28-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by [OC]Mr B

OMFG. http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/cwm/cwm/eek2.gif

B. [/B]

Second that I just may DL KoTH for this one I love the setting I love the music(who knew great mapper greater muscian) and DAMN I though CT_Addien was creepy this gave me the chills.Completely amazing Teddie Please keep them coming

@ post above The freaky stuff gives it, it's flavor this map OWNS cann't wait to fire up some Slayer and frag in it (still love the original music fits great)

legacy--=WhiteWulf=-
01-28-2003, 03:19 AM
Thats it, I'm hanging up my mapper's coat for good, no more maps from me, no way I can compare with this, its too good :mad: :up:

legacy-Wolv34ine
01-28-2003, 11:08 AM
Teddie.
I can twait to get these levels downloaded but im on a 56k (no broadband in my area) and its killing me not seening your stuff.

It does look excellent though. Been brushing up in Max have we?

I will give you some feebback when I actually get the things downloaded.
I got to 84% the other night and lost my connection! Complete nightmare.

legacy-Tweak-fragger
01-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by -=WhiteWulf=-
Thats it, I'm hanging up my mapper's coat for good, no more maps from me, no way I can compare with this, its too good :mad: :up:

White wolf bro. What ever you do don't give up. I have been mapping for many different engines for 4 years and I'm still not as good as teddie with the UED3 engine. But I keep trying. Everyone has different skill levels. I mean everyone starts from somewhere dont they? Keep it up man you'll be amazed how good you can get with a reasonable amount of time.

Just some friendly advice

-Tweak

legacy-Dirtybob
01-28-2003, 01:03 PM
Yeah, WhiteWulf don't give up. Teddie is a maniac mapper as I am a maniac player, few can come close to ted's mapping skills and few can beat me on the battlefield. See the inference? :D

legacy-Slack
01-28-2003, 01:55 PM
Fantastic another DOM map!

Downloaded, Compressed, Uploading to public redirect as I type (stny.com).

Soon as I can, added to server.

legacy-Teddie
01-28-2003, 02:31 PM
Folks, I'm going to reply to each of your posts a little later.

I just got back from chaparoning my older son's field trip to the Halocaust meseum... I'm wiped out... When kids turn 14 years old, I think they go insane. Fun though....

and last night I did physical server and network moves last night until 4 in the morning for work... need a little shut eye.

Okay, real quick though. I've been reading the posts about the flow... I think I'm going to draw up some new routes for a revision and show you folks the sketches. Gimme feedback?

I have an idea for the DOM revision.... I'll show you a sketch later.

The CTF version, I'm thinking of eliminating the big center bridge altogether and just leaving the side passages and the upper bridge... I dunno...

I'm going to lay down and pass out now. I'll reply to your posts later (sorry).

Any feedback on me re-routing the maps and doing a revision, hit me with it.

I'm going to sleep.

If I get a second wind, I'll post even sooner. Sorry for the delay on the KH and BR...

ramble...

Have you noticed the beautiful maps that are coming out in the forums. I'm stunned by them... Amazing.

ok... sleep time.

legacy-Dirtybob
01-28-2003, 04:16 PM
Teddie, dont remove anything from yer map, I got some good ideas to enchance yer map, you know "dirtybob" ideas to enhance yer map. ;) Hit me up on icq tonite after 12:30pm

legacy-mrblog
01-28-2003, 05:02 PM
This map is beautiful (and I really dig the so-called "evil" atmosphere)...but I didn't enjoy playing it. It just seems to be way too open. It's too difficult to cap in CTF, and much too easy to hold points in DOM.
I'm going to keep it just for its beauty, but I don't think I'll be playing it too often.

I think it may work well in BR, though, so I'm looking forward to trying that one out.

legacy-Tweak-fragger
01-28-2003, 08:29 PM
Hey teddie. I just posted some news about this map Unreal Warfarex

Check it out http://www.unrealwarfarex.com

legacy-Teddie
01-29-2003, 10:35 AM
Tweak, thanks bro.

Folks,

There will definitely be revisions coming for CTF and DOM.

DirtyBob is going to help me reroute the CTF.

I need a DOM fanatic to help me with placement of DOM point B and some rerouting to it. Is there a DOM freak that would like to help me with the DOM revision? Ejen? or anyone else who really gets a boner from playing DOM? If so email me teddabod@funrealtournament2003.com or hit me up on ICQ/AIM or whatever. ICQ: 127384359 AIM: TedDABOD or Ted DA BOD

King of the Hill will stay the same and I'll put it out here shortly.

ok... DOM freaks, hit me up.

I'll be back to reply to posts later.. I've gotta get to back to work.

Sorry for flaking out.

legacy-[OC]Mr B
01-29-2003, 12:23 PM
Do what you feel the CTF map needs Teddie...I'm happy w/ it as it is (I like open maps like this). I'm sure any editing you do will only make it better.

I'm still keeping this version on my server though... ;)

Cheers!

B.

legacy-Teddie
01-29-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by [OC]Mr B
Do what you feel the CTF map needs Teddie...I'm happy w/ it as it is (I like open maps like this). I'm sure any editing you do will only make it better.

I'm still keeping this version on my server though... ;)

Cheers!

B.

Thanks much, Mr. B.
I'll keep you updated on the revision though.

DirtyBob has given me some good consultation on changes.

Ejen, I got your email. I just replied back.

legacy-Dirtybob
01-30-2003, 08:51 AM
Teddie, let me know when yer done with those changes I suggested. I have a few more. =)

legacy-UTroll
01-30-2003, 12:07 PM
i have a problem with the dom version

i uploaded it to my server, tried to start it ... -> server gets in timeout, then restarts

i uploaded the map again, but i still have the same problem

it works in singleplayer

legacy-UTroll
01-30-2003, 12:10 PM
this is what the log says :
ScriptLog: Warning - PATHS NOT DEFINED or NO PLAYERSTART
Log: SecurePlayer got player TcpipConnection
ScriptLog: New Player Kraut666 id= f7fea80621ea619b20dcd80cd978297a
ScriptLog: [Securing] Kraut666
ScriptLog: ProcessServerTravel: DOM-MuthaGiger[FuT]?game=XGame.xDoubleDom?mutator=
ScriptLog: PreClientTravel
ScriptLog: Player Kraut666 has been secured
Log: Server switch level: DOM-MuthaGiger[FuT]?game=XGame.xDoubleDom?mutator=
Log: Browse: DOM-MuthaGiger[FuT]?Name=//Feep!?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Gorge?team=255?M axPlayers=10?game=XGame.xDoubleDom?mutator=
Log: LoadMap: DOM-MuthaGiger[FuT]?Name=//Feep!?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Gorge?team=255?M axPlayers=10?game=XGame.xDoubleDom?mutator=
Exit: Exiting.
Log: Waiting for file streaming thread to finish...
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Allocation checking disabled
Uninitialized: Log file closed, Thu Jan 30 18:05:05 2003

legacy-UTroll
01-30-2003, 12:14 PM
argh

same problem with ctf version :
ScriptLog: ProcessServerTravel: CTF-MuthaGiger[FuT]?game=XGame.xCTFGame?mutator=
ScriptLog: PreClientTravel
ScriptLog: Warning - PATHS NOT DEFINED or NO PLAYERSTART
Log: Server switch level: CTF-MuthaGiger[FuT]?game=XGame.xCTFGame?mutator=
Log: Browse: CTF-MuthaGiger[FuT]?Name=//Feep!?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Gorge?team=255?M axPlayers=10?game=XGame.xCTFGame?mutator=
Log: LoadMap: CTF-MuthaGiger[FuT]?Name=//Feep!?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Gorge?team=255?M axPlayers=10?game=XGame.xCTFGame?mutator=
Exit: Exiting.
Log: Waiting for file streaming thread to finish...
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Allocation checking disabled
Uninitialized: Log file closed, Thu Jan 30 18:12:06 2003

legacy-Teddie
01-30-2003, 12:15 PM
Oh my lord.

Let me check something. Whatever it is, I'll make sure it's fixed in the revisions...

Sorry bout this.

legacy-Teddie
01-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Utroll,

I can't replicate the error you're getting.

Can you guide me as to what I should do to try and get the error you are getting?

Are you just starting up a dedicated server, or what should I do?

legacy-UTroll
01-30-2003, 12:24 PM
well

i go to the webadmin...

set the server to ctf/dom

start the map muthagiger ...

server shuts down

the same thing happens when voting the maps with ut2vote

never happened with another map before though

(we have every [FuT] map on the server ;) )

legacy-Teddie
01-30-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by UTroll
well
i go to the webadmin...
set the server to ctf/dom
start the map muthagiger ...
server shuts down
the same thing happens when voting the maps with ut2vote
never happened with another map before though
(we have every [FuT] map on the server ;) )

Utroll, thanks for running my other maps. Sorry you're having problems with MuthaG.

I wish I knew more about the serveradmin side of it all.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

I'm going to look into it further.

legacy-Teddie
01-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Utroll,

I'm reading your post with that weird error:

"Warning - PATHS NOT DEFINED or NO PLAYERSTART "

I just checked and all paths are rebuilt and proper on both maps.

So weird.

I'm still looking into the issue.

Did you download them from unrealplayground?

legacy-UTroll
01-30-2003, 12:47 PM
yes, from unrealplayground

legacy-Teddie
01-30-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by UTroll
yes, from unrealplayground

Utroll, what are the hardware specs on the server your running?

legacy-Ejen34
01-30-2003, 02:29 PM
Hey Teddie,

You look at Dom-Mutha yet?

legacy-Teddie
01-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Ejen34
Hey Teddie,

You look at Dom-Mutha yet?

Yuppers.

I'll be contacting you to test out some stuff.

Thanks for your DOM suggestions.

legacy-dreamstation
01-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Hey Teddie, nice maps. We added them to UT2003HQ yesterday! :)

And btw, here is a quote from the File comments for the CTF version of this map.

This guy scares me. LOL :haha:

legacy-UTroll
01-31-2003, 12:47 AM
is the map working on any other servers ???

legacy-Dirtybob
01-31-2003, 01:10 AM
Teddies map mutha giger works perfectly on my server. Allthough I am running mapvote4 instead fo Ut2vote, that could be causing some problems for you.

legacy-UTroll
01-31-2003, 01:18 AM
hmm

i have tried it without the mutators(secure and ut2vote)

but it still wont work

:cry:

legacy-Dirtybob
01-31-2003, 02:07 AM
what hardware and OS are you running?

legacy-UTroll
01-31-2003, 02:12 AM
its a rented server

(dedicated linux)
i think its a dual (forgot the processor) 1400 mhz with 2gb ram

im not 100% sure about the hw, but its a linux server

legacy-Dirtybob
01-31-2003, 02:22 AM
the hardware seems low at least processor, 2gigs of ram doesn't seem consistant with hardware of that time, but ok. We are running a 2.0ghz pentium 4 with 1.5 gigs of ram and windows 2000 os and everything is cool.

legacy-UTroll
01-31-2003, 02:25 AM
heh ?

what do you mean ? :weird: