PDA

View Full Version : [Map] DM-ColdSteel {UPDATED PICS}

legacy-Jim Bones
01-27-2003, 06:49 AM
i added a skybox, not done yet, going to add some more heavenly things in it, and im going to make the moon and the stars rotate. As of now, no lighting has been done just temporary lighting...well tell me what you think here is the

FIRST PIC:

http://forums.funxbox.com/attachment.php?postid=163225

SECOND PIC (for some reason when i hit print screen key, it subtracted the walkways in this shot, they are there when you are in-game, but when i took the shot it decided not to show them :(

on to the SECOND PIC!:

http://forums.funxbox.com/attachment.php?postid=163226

oh here are some other pics i dont think the forums here saw, so i will add them here...

outer room with all of the elevators to the three levels:

http://forums.funxbox.com/attachment.php?postid=161101

what do you think?

Grim
01-27-2003, 06:55 AM
Looks nice :)

legacy-digital orgasm
01-27-2003, 08:05 AM
Yep it's looking good. Looking forward to the final version

:) :up:

legacy-.!.Ph0rZe.!.
01-27-2003, 09:01 AM
Looks unfinished, show the final product. No one is interested in unfinished things.

legacy-župer-]V[oose
01-27-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by .!.Ph0rZe.!.
Looks unfinished, show the final product. No one is interested in unfinished things.
I think you'll find you're very wrong there. :rolleyes:

legacy-riZZen
01-27-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by .!.Ph0rZe.!.

LoL ... first time in a forum huh?

Let me be the first to say STFU n00b !

Sorry ... I'm kidding ... people post beta maps all the time to show pics .. get suggestions ... it's how it works.

:D

Grim
01-27-2003, 09:58 AM
Well, I dont think it looks so unfinished. Seen alot worser things in that category :p :D :D

legacy-Jim Bones
01-27-2003, 07:00 PM
thanks for the feedback guys...yea im adding more static meshes in the upper room and crap so its all good.

i'll update you later when i work on it some more.

legacy-Rurouni Storm
01-29-2003, 02:45 PM
Looks great :up:

legacy-Zyz
01-29-2003, 03:36 PM
lookin good:up:

legacy-syr.RedAlert321
01-29-2003, 04:10 PM
the map itself looks wonderful man, keep the work up, seems like a very original design, i'm interested to see how it flows. just one gripe, when youre posting pics of your map (non-editor pics), you should CRANK the detail way up, it'll show off the eye candy in your map while generating interests, when lookin at the screens i was getting eyesores over the jaggies from the low-res screens. other than that, KEEP IT UP:up:

legacy-Jim Bones
01-29-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by syr.RedAlert321
the map itself looks wonderful man, keep the work up, seems like a very original design, i'm interested to see how it flows. just one gripe, when youre posting pics of your map (non-editor pics), you should CRANK the detail way up, it'll show off the eye candy in your map while generating interests, when lookin at the screens i was getting eyesores over the jaggies from the low-res screens. other than that, KEEP IT UP:up:

next screens i make i will crank the detail like u said :)

have not worked on the map for a few days have been spending time enjoying my week home alone if you know what i mean.

legacy-[VULC]asbestos
01-30-2003, 12:35 AM
Looks cool, but I just want to state that I HATE when people put those hand rail meshes in their maps. I'm refering to the rusty ones displayed in the second screenshot. All they ever do is get in the way, as they're incredibly hard to dodge jump over, and they always seem to be place along ledges where one would normally dodge jump. The maps looks good though, I'll be keeping an eye on it.

legacy-Jim Bones
01-30-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by [VULC]asbestos
Looks cool, but I just want to state that I HATE when people put those hand rail meshes in their maps. I'm refering to the rusty ones displayed in the second screenshot. All they ever do is get in the way, as they're incredibly hard to dodge jump over, and they always seem to be place along ledges where one would normally dodge jump. The maps looks good though, I'll be keeping an eye on it.

the guard rails are just decoration, i have blocking volumes all along there to keep players from hiding in the water...