PDA

View Full Version : Coop Levels, Question for Epic

Koric101
05-30-2006, 01:48 AM
I know how you can have coop all the way through and just jump in and jump out, but I was wondering what would happen if I wanted to jump into my friends game but he was further than me in the story. Will you just play with him and then complete it yourself or will he have to wait for you to catch up?

D3LTA 38
05-30-2006, 02:23 AM
Very good question indeed because you dont want to spoil the game while your playing with your buddy. I think you should have to complete the story before playing with a friend but have rewards for beating it at different difficulties like unlocking some extras for beating it on hard so it encourages you and your friends to play together.

Koric101
05-30-2006, 02:40 AM
I do think that it could go either way though, that's why I'm interested in the way epic chose to do it.

Legend
05-30-2006, 05:07 AM
You might have like... well you start a game with another player (no matter where you are in the story) you then play through and when your both online again you can resume from where you were, but your single mode stays a seperate game... only guessing.

UnrealWars
05-30-2006, 06:37 AM
You might have like... well you start a game with another player (no matter where you are in the story) you then play through and when your both online again you can resume from where you were, but your single mode stays a seperate game... only guessing.

More then likely they will keep the single player campaign seperate and co-op a different save file. So, lets say you in the middle of a level and your friend joins in, it will save where your at then create a seperate save for you and your friends co-op play.

SkateXer99
05-30-2006, 07:41 PM
even if you save for coop and it ends up a singleplayer save, you can still play it coop.

Koric101
05-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Interesting thoughts, but I'm not sure if I'd wanna play somen diff for single and coop. Can't wait to see wut they dicide.

Zoso Fan
05-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Im sure you will play at what any stage your friends at... its your own fault if you dont ask him where he's at first... plus im beating this game right when i get it so this wont be a problem... :)

UnrealWars
05-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Im sure you will play at what any stage your friends at... its your own fault if you dont ask him where he's at first... plus im beating this game right when i get it so this wont be a problem... :)

That is going to be like a marathon day for me. Play gears of war for as long as i can until my pupils begin to burn!!! Then take a quick food break and back to gaming,:)

Koric101
05-30-2006, 10:25 PM

Thats a good point, won't really matter for me either, but I'd imagine somen like where you play wherever he's at if he starts the game and he plays wherever your at if you start the game... well, on second thought, that might not be the best. Heck i don't know, I'm just gonna wait for Epic to make all of my decisions lol.

Zoso Fan
05-31-2006, 01:27 AM
That is going to be like a marathon day for me. Play gears of war for as long as i can until my pupils begin to burn!!! Then take a quick food break and back to gaming,:)

Good times... :)

Rexx Doom
06-01-2006, 01:02 PM
This will probably be a game where I play till I finish as quick as possible, too.
I can't wait till E-Day!!;)

Koric101
06-02-2006, 11:45 PM
Hooray for E-Day!!!

chsirish73
06-02-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm plannin on missing school the next day

UnrealWars
06-02-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm plannin on missing school the next day

No, No, No..... Its not missing school. Its taking a leave of absence because you have a bad cold.lol:D

Brumak
06-02-2006, 11:58 PM
This will probably be a game where I play till I finish as quick as possible, too.
I can't wait till E-Day!!;)

you all are strange if you want to beat gears as Fast as you can.think about it. E-Day comes and you finish it...on E-Day then singleplayer is not that much fun.unless you get some unlockables...plz epic dont make its something stupid and cheesy like an even harder level of difficulty or cheatcodes.make it be worth our while so we can all play single player ..again & again & again &....again.then move on to multiplayer..or vice-versa

Locust Bait
06-03-2006, 11:06 PM
you all are strange if you want to beat gears as Fast as you can.think about it. E-Day comes and you finish it...on E-Day then singleplayer is not that much fun.unless you get some unlockables...plz epic dont make its something stupid and cheesy like an even harder level of difficulty or cheatcodes.make it be worth our while so we can all play single player ..again & again & again &....again.then move on to multiplayer..or vice-versa
I like doing it that way where I take my sweet time exploring, killing, looking, etc... so the flavor stays fresh and then I don't throw it away because it has lost all appeal to me :D

Zoso Fan
06-03-2006, 11:11 PM

But ill beat it once quickly and then go back and beat it in everyway possible slowly getting every achievment, then theres multiplayer... :)

Locust Bait
06-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Thats no fun, well not to me. Then you'll complain about how everything gets repetitive and how you're sick of seeing the same areas again. Although getting acheivements the 2nd time is a good idea.

chsirish73
06-03-2006, 11:52 PM
I know I'll never get sick of halo's campaign, no matter how many times i beat it. If it is a great game the replayability should be unlimited.

Uday23
06-04-2006, 12:35 AM
i want to savor gears in every way possible, if that means i need to kiss it every night i just might(lol rhymed), jk im not a freak

UnrealWars
06-04-2006, 11:08 AM
i want to savor gears in every way possible, if that means i need to kiss it every night i just might(lol rhymed), jk im not a freak

Wait, your saying your not going to kiss GoW every night? because i am.lol:D

The Evil Hat
06-07-2006, 07:40 PM
I dont know id suck to go through the last level and have the whole story ruined but jumping in and out doesnt sound very start a new game to me.:p

Xenomorph
06-07-2006, 08:29 PM
I think the co-op will be like in Halo 2; you and your friends find each other, go to the mission screen, and "vote" on a mission. When you've both ecided which to play(hopefully through voicechat). then you just start the level.

pray every day for Emergence Day!!!! PRAY FOR IT, DAMN YOU!!! PRAY!!!!!!!:D

Rez1n
01-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Im going to pass marth in posts cuz Im booooored