PDA

View Full Version : Anouncer in GoW?

Uday23
05-25-2006, 08:23 PM
what do u guys think of an anouncer in the game, he could say double kill, headshot, "chainsaw", "curbSTOMP"...post ur thoughts and opinions and what other cool phrases you would want to here, ex. "OWNED":D

UnrealWars
05-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Some of my favorite phares are:

Ownage
Pwned
Powned
Pownage

And what my friends call " The single worst name you can a gamer"

POWNTAXINATED

Uday23
05-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Some of my favorite phares are:

Ownage
Pwned
Powned
Pownage

And what my friends call " The single worst name you can a gamer"

POWNTAXINATED

O..............K.................lol, if gow does have an anouncer i hope his is cool like the guy in halo not like the idiot in pdz!

Snake
05-25-2006, 08:56 PM
I was certainly a fan of the UT announcer, but I don't think it suits Gears of War. Reason number one, why is there an announcer? It made sense in UT because it was a tournament, it was a blood sport. But now we have Gears of War, and it doesn't make any sense at all. Cliffy is trying to show his solidarity here and isn't going to be borrowing too much from the Unreal franchise (although I wouldn't be disconcerted if he threw in the Ripper :P) but that doesn't mean he has forgotten the popularity of the announcer. If you have watched any of the trailers you will notice that Marcus and the other characters will 'announce' things such as "Nice shot!" or react in a satisfactory way when you splatter some poor Locust's brains out on the street. So will there be a traditional announcer? I highly doubt that, but I wouldn't be surprised to see those audio cues slip into the multiplayer.

Uday23
05-25-2006, 09:00 PM
^^^love that idea, the players can be their own anouncers! that would be sooooo cool! ex. whenever Marcus chainsaws someone he says 1 of 5 different phrases, their should be a couple different phrases for each type of kill, and the phrases should be different for each player, like marcus would say something different than dom, but then would would the locust say, "ahfkasdfhaksdhfkshfkashfkhfkahghg"?!

Snake
05-25-2006, 09:21 PM
They could roar maybe, or laugh in a sinister way. Maybe they have their own barbaric sounding language :)

SkateXer99
05-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Gears, to me, is not like the tournament style MP of UT. UT's announcer is great, always good to hear so much variety in deaths. But for Gears, it's more tactical strategy, an announcer would be a loud obnoxious nuisance to me, especially when I'm sneaking around. Can't tell you how many times the fanmade announcer to Counter Strike made me screw up. Hate servers with it. And as Snake said, it seems characters announce things and say gestures.

If there's an option to turn it off or on though, I'll probably switch it from time to time.

King84
05-27-2006, 12:17 AM
An announcer for Gears would fit IMO. But just have the voice and no writing on the screen to tell you what you've done. I haven't seen too much of the HUD, but I'd rather have a clear screen in multiplayer than a bunch of writing telling me how other people have killed, or been killed. That would be pretty sweet to have the option of voice acting between Marcus and a Locust. Each voice be different depending on team you're on.

Zoso Fan
05-27-2006, 12:31 AM
BRING BACK the UT announcer! :)

Snake
05-27-2006, 12:35 AM
BRING BACK the UT announcer! :)

You can enjoy the UT announcer when the next UT comes out :P

Brute Luck
05-27-2006, 12:36 AM
well if there ones one team that does this good its EPIC. Do i think EPIC will do it no. Why? Becuz i think EPIC is trying to make this game a little diff. then there other games...and i just dont think they will. Do i want them to? YES!! man i love the UT guy...it great and i think it adds alot to the game. :D

pfilotheterrible
01-07-2008, 02:59 PM
I would rather chainsaw my first child than hear an announcer in gears of war. ITS A WAR GAME! NOT A TOURNAMENT

Questopher
01-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Makes it feel like UT or Quake, leave it out, just wait till Unreal Tournament III comes out on 360.

Trooper
01-08-2008, 02:22 PM
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLL NAW!

It would feel to much like Halo.

Mortificus
01-08-2008, 07:03 PM
ok, first of all, is the guy on unreal tournament the same as on unreal championship?

and no, i do not think they should have the announcer in gears...... i just like the characters saying what they say, like grenadier elites' "fresh meat" when you chainsaw, or Marcus' "back in your hole!"

Verbrennen
01-08-2008, 07:26 PM
I would rather chainsaw my first child than hear an announcer in gears of war. ITS A WAR GAME! NOT A TOURNAMENT

Hear hear. The minimal action dialog and cinematic conversation in GOW is perfect the way it is.

www1221
01-08-2008, 07:28 PM
if gears does get an anouncer i want the anouncer from counter stirke